Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,011 members, 7,810,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. (6213 Views)

Turned My Phase II Peugeot 607 V6 To A Maniac! / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / 5 Brand New Peugeot Cars In Nigeria And Their Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by RZArecta(m): 2:49am On Jan 14, 2020
Apart from a couple of people like Ikenna351, a vast majority of Nigerians ie automobile users and mechanics hate the Peugeot brand even with all the fair reviews compared to other popular brands.

So past users and mechanics, why do you guys hate Peugeot (407 & 607) ?

Those who have positive experiences are also welcome cool

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by AreaFada2: 3:30am On Jan 14, 2020
RZArecta:
Apart from a couple of people like Ikenna351, a vast majority of Nigerians ie automobile users and mechanics hate the Peugeot brand even with all the fair reviews compared to other popular brands.

It's about spare parts and maintenance. If they were assembled at PAN like 504 & 505 back in the day, it would be different.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by ogbuefi677(m): 6:53am On Jan 14, 2020
B/C our mechanics are lazy Nigerian yewts.
Anything they don't understand, they badmouth.

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by NaijadrivaCars: 7:25am On Jan 14, 2020
ogbuefi677:

Dem full cartalk section.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by RZArecta(m): 8:08am On Jan 14, 2020
ogbuefi677:
excuse me, have you used the brand and what are your thoughts on those cars ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by ogbuefi677(m): 10:51am On Jan 14, 2020
RZArecta:
Used my pops' 406 for 6 yrs(bought brand new).
Stable on the highway,good MPG.
I've a close friend who uses a 306.Manual transmission.
Its almost as new as it was when it was bought 6yrs ago.
Cheap,strong parts.A little bit more complex than a Toyota in terms of electricals but not a thieves magnet like d latter.
Nice fuel consumption,35litres of fuel from Abuja to Enugu wt A/C.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Fentanyl: 11:20am On Jan 14, 2020
if you believe any of this fake story by the poster above, you are a gullible fellow

there are several reasons but the simplest reason is the above average electrical complexity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by nurey(m): 11:53am On Jan 14, 2020
PEUGEOT = Era motor 150tasan eni koma taku loru Eti Jones grin

Dead-Beat pijo grin

Peugeot never evolved internationally so they got sidelined and since nah hand me down we dey use, they weren't available in the country we get aloku from.

Peugeot had issues with their automatic transmission fitted in the 406 and respective brands which were supposed to pass on the torch, once bitten twice shy.

The 607 was a high class complicated cars, Peugeot evolved but kazeem didn't no balance of communication between the 2, kazeem simply tagged it a very bad car

Inorder to steal more money corruption killed the fact that Peugeot was the official car of the government to Toyota now the official car of the government.

Peugeot had limited product unlike the competition for every segment that Peugeot was competing, Toyota had a car in several styles waiting to compete with you.

when I get more I will let you know.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by KINGreignn: 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
People be shouting pijo complex pijo complex, make una go handle Lexus LX570 or Lexus GS or Lexus LS460 or acura or Infiniti, then Una go know say japmobiles sometimes dey give person wahala for head too.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
KINGreignn:
People be shouting pijo complex pijo complex, make una go handle Lexus LX570 or Lexus GS or Lexus LS460 or acura or Infiniti, then Una go know say japmobiles sometimes dey give person wahala for head too.
Japanese shitboxes again

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2020
RZArecta:
Beautiful cars, solid shocks... Mad AC... ensure that you get the manual transmission

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by RZArecta(m): 10:36pm On Jan 15, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Beautiful cars, solid shocks... Mad AC... ensure that you get the manual transmission
i read the auto transmissions on the 06/07 407’s were made by Porsche, I would think there was durability in those newer transmissions compared to earlier models. From your reply, does it mean those who have been speaking against this car were worried about only the electricals ? If not I see no reason for the angst. Better a Peugeot than any Corolla, Camry etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2020
RZArecta:
i read the auto transmissions on the 06/07 407’s were made by Porsche, I would think there was durability in those newer transmissions compared to earlier models. From your reply, does it mean those who have been speaking against this car were worried about only the electricals ? If not I see no reason for the angst. Better a Peugeot than any Corolla, Camry etc
I love Peugeot. But when electric issues start..... My hand no dey

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by BamBamK: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2020
have u gotten a Peugeot??

RZArecta:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by RZArecta(m): 2:34pm On Jun 10, 2020
BamBamK:
have u gotten a Peugeot??

no, not yet but hopefully very soon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by bigx(m): 8:22am On Jun 11, 2020
Because we hate what we can't understand

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by BamBamK: 9:09am On Jun 11, 2020
look forward to ur review when u eventually get one

RZArecta:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Isorshe(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
The Lion King.
I believe Peugeot are generally good, reliable and more efficient than it is portrayed,
Ever wondered why there are so many of them on the road, especially Northern Nigeria, and very few dieing at mechanics workshop.
The 206, 406, 307 are everywhere

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by ChineduObinna(m): 3:49pm On Jun 11, 2020
The problem stems from the fact that your normal Peugeot mechanic at the mechanic village is not in tune with the modern system in place in these be models. Personally though I think the 607 is a horrible looking car.
We used a 2007 DSign 307 brand new for 12years before selling it. These their cars are amazing, lots of feautres that are practical and make sense, but getting a reliable mechanic is an issue. It's not everytime you'll have money to go to AC Okocha motors, and most times when you venture roadside, they'll bypass something for you, reducing the efficiency of your vehicle.
RZArecta:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by alphaNomega: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2020
Did you call 607? That electrical shitbox with two large batteries?

Because of what France did (and is still doing) to their African colonies, I am happy the Peugeot project failed in Nigeria and now our government prefers Toyota products for official vehicles.

We cannot be indirectly financing patronising the French autoindustry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by BamBamK: 1:25pm On Feb 19, 2021
yo... how far?

RZArecta:
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Idaytesj29(m): 3:21pm On Nov 02, 2022
ogbuefi677:

Used my pops' 406 for 6 yrs(bought brand new).
Stable on the highway,good MPG.
I've a close friend who uses a 306.Manual transmission.
Its almost as new as it was when it was bought 6yrs ago.
Cheap,strong parts.A little bit more complex than a Toyota in terms of electricals but not a thieves magnet like d latter.
Nice fuel consumption,35litres of fuel from Abuja to Enugu wt A/C.

Tell them o.

Check this out....

https://www./148173822462265/permalink/1156452091634428/

A Tokunbo Peugeot 3008, 2016 model I think. It's for sale.

Nurey! Come and see

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by RZArecta(m): 9:17am On Nov 06, 2022
ChineduObinna:
The problem stems from the fact that your normal Peugeot mechanic at the mechanic village is not in tune with the modern system in place in these be models. Personally though I think the 607 is a horrible looking car.
We used a 2007 DSign 307 brand new for 12years before selling it. These their cars are amazing, lots of feautres that are practical and make sense, but getting a reliable mechanic is an issue. It's not everytime you'll have money to go to AC Okocha motors, and most times when you venture roadside, they'll bypass something for you, reducing the efficiency of your vehicle.
getting reliable mechanics especially outside Lagos is a problem. I walked away from an "expert" I was introduced to in Ph few months ago when he insisted thermostats must be removed in Peugeots which is against what I've learnt here on Nairaland
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by RZArecta(m): 9:29am On Nov 06, 2022
BamBamK:
yo... how far?

got a Camry instead, couldn't gamble with mechanics. Might still look into it, I love the designs of that era
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Sportwin(m): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2022
RZArecta:
got a Camry instead, couldn't gamble with mechanics. Might still look into it, I love the designs of that era
Which camry ?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by RZArecta(m): 1:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
Sportwin:

Which camry ?
big for nothing
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Sportwin(m): 1:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
RZArecta:
big for nothing

Congrats bro
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by BamBamK: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
RZArecta:

I quite agree with u
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by saysugar(m): 9:42pm On Nov 14, 2022
Pls update us about Peugeot cars is it worth buying
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Rinoxy: 12:10am On Dec 02, 2022
Isorshe:
The Lion King.
I believe Peugeot are generally good, reliable and more efficient than it is portrayed,
Ever wondered why there are so many of them on the road, especially Northern Nigeria, and very few dieing at mechanics workshop.
The 206, 406, 307 are everywhere
In Kaduna for instance, if you stand by the roadside, you'd see about 20 307 cars would pass before 5mins. And the numbers are increasing weekly on the roads here.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 02, 2022
Rinoxy:

In Kaduna for instance, if you stand by the roadside, you'd see about 20 307 cars would pass before 5mins. And the numbers are increasing weekly on the roads here.
They are mostly use by top civil servants and are given to them on hire purchase agreement.When I was living at Ikeja cantonment,Lagos,the Peugeot brand of cars were parked in large numbers at the army parade ground.
Officers who were interested would apply for it and their salaries would be deducted every month.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Peugeot Cars With Emphasis On 407 & 607.. by Rinoxy: 7:41am On Dec 02, 2022
Revolution2022:
They are mostly use by top civil servants and are given to them on hire purchase agreement.When I was living at Ikeja cantonment,Lagos,the Peugeot brand of cars were parked in large numbers at the army parade ground.
Officers who were interested would apply for it and their salaries would be deducted every month.
Yeah, it was so years ago. Now the 307 is like pure water in Kaduna. Everywhere u go.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Common Roadside Emergencies And How To Deal With Them / Camry Forum / Honest Review Of This Toks 1999 Manual Tranny Honda Civic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.