Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,003 members, 7,952,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:54 AM

How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed (9055 Views)

Ken Saro-Wiwa And 8 Other Ogonis Were Executed On 10th November, 1995 / Ken Saro Wiwa Was Executed Today By Hanging. Nov 10 Remembrance In D Niger Delta / Awo And The Creation Of States [1987] By Ken Saro Wiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by kakakibuy(m): 11:49am On Dec 06, 2010
Compelling new evidence suggests the Nigerian military killed four Ogoni elders whose murders led to the execution of the playwright and activist Ken Saro-Wiwa in 1995.

The evidence also reveals that the notorious military commander Lieutenant-Colonel Paul Okuntimo, whose troops were implicated in murder and rape, was in the pay of Shell at the time of the killings and was driven around in a Shell vehicle.

Since the time of Saro-Wiwa's death, Shell has insisted that it had no financial relationship with the Nigerian military, although it has admitted paying it "field allowances" on two occasions. It has consistently denied any widespread collusion and payments. However, The Independent on Sunday has gained exclusive access to witness accounts that were to be used in evidence in the case of Wiwa vs Shell, brought by Ken Saro-Wiwa's family. The case was settled last May for $15.5m, just days before it was due to start in New York. The settlement meant the testimonies were never made public.

They provide fresh insight into Shell's financial and logistical involvement with the Nigerian military and with Lt-Col Okuntimo.

One of the key witnesses due to testify was Boniface Ejiogu, Lt-Col Okuntimo's orderly in the Internal Security Task Force, a coalition of army, navy and police. Mr Ejiogu testified to standing guard as victims were raped and tortured while Lt-Col Okuntimo was in command. Asked if he ever saw his commander receive money from Shell, he said he witnessed it on two occasions.

Mr Ejiogu described in detail how, just days before the Ogoni elders were murdered, he drove with Lt-Col Okuntimo to Shell's base in Port Harcourt, where the officer received seven large bags of money. "I was there when other soldiers were carrying the Ghana Must Go bags," he testified. The bags were so heavy the soldiers had difficulty carrying them, and one fell open. "The thing opened," Mr Ejiogu said. "I saw it was money in bundles. He said, wow, this is money. I say, yes man, it is money."

On another occasion, Mr Ejiogu witnessed four bags being given by a Shell security official to Lt-Col Okuntimo at the official's house late at night.

Another witness, Raphael Kponee, also due to testify, was a policeman working for Shell. On a different occasion, he saw three bags being loaded into Lt-Col Okuntimo's pick-up truck by his driver and another driver in front of the security building at the Shell base. Shell officials have admitted that money was paid to the officer, but purely as field allowances for his men, who were protecting Shell property in Ogoniland.

MrEjiogu also offers compelling evidence as to who may have murdered the four Ogoni elders at a meeting on 21 May 1994. Saro-Wiwa was due to speak but was turned away by the military. Mr Ejiogu said he heard Lt-Col Okuntimo tell his task force commander to "waste them, in the army you waste them is when you are shooting rapidly".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/ken-sarowiwa-was-framed-secret-evidence-shows-2151577.html

Compelling evidence published by a UK-based newspaper, The Independent on Sunday, has shed light on how the late playwright and Ogoni activist, Ken Saro-Wiwa, was framed up.

The newspaper  accused the military commander of the Internal Security Task Force stationed in the Niger Delta region, Lieutenant-Colonel Paul Okuntimo, of ordering the killings of four Ogoni elders whose deaths led to the trial and hanging of Ken Saro-Wiwa, with eight others in 1995. Okuntimo was also said to have taken bribes from Shell to carry out the killings.

The newspaper said it gained exclusive access to witness accounts that were to be used in evidence in the case of Wiwa vs Shell, brought by Saro-Wiwa's family.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by Faeb: 12:28pm On Dec 06, 2010
The truth will always out. Shell bought weapons for the army, gave them orders and used its helicopters in military raids on Niger Delta villages. Its a very shameful history Nigeria has.

1 Like

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by WilyWily5: 12:36pm On Dec 06, 2010
See how Fraudulent Yorubas and their friends dirty stinking Hausa/Fulani north conspired and killed Ken because of money.
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by chosen04(f): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2010
Irony of Life:

We joined forces with the Nigerian forces to ''waste children of biafran origin''

Nigeria junta joined forces with shell and 'wasted him'

What is the meaning of Nemesis again?

3 Likes

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by desgiezd(m): 5:51pm On Dec 06, 2010
No matter how well covered, lies, like smoke, will always find a way out. How I wish Abacha was alive today!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by udezue(m): 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2010
What goes around come around. The same way he betrayed Biafrans is the sameway his own immediate people betrayed him.

2 Likes

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by chosen04(f): 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2010
udezue link=topic=563027.msg7282380#msg7282380 date[b:
=1291654661]
What goes around come around. [/b] The same way he betrayed Biafrans is the sameway his own immediate people betrayed him.

You are so funnny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by AkinEgba: 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
Paul Okuntimo is a Yoruba. So we and the North are culpable in the death of Wiwa
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by seanet02: 7:28pm On Dec 06, 2010
Any way Akinegba, did you know the role played by ojukwu in this event. Government witness.
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by AkinEgba: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2010
seanet02:

Any way Akinegba, did you know the role played by ojukwu in this event. Government witness.

No matter the role. I am not talking about Ibos and Ojukwu here because they claim that Wiwa betrayed them and they could (right or wrong) have a reason to see him as an enemy. What did Wiwa do to the Yoruba that they should kill him? We know the North are already blood thirsty people. So we can excuse them too. How do we excuse ourselves, yoruba?
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by seanet02: 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2010
akinegba, you are very funny, so the act of a single YORUBA man means the approval of the whole tribe. Stark ignorance
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
Wow! So after all of these clear injustice against Saro-Wiwa, Ojukwu still deemed it fit to go all over the world to justify why Saro-Wiwa had to be put to death. Ojukwu, being the ugly, beastly coward he is, even signed documents as a witness to Mr Saro-Wiwa's death; ON BEHALF OF THE ABACHA GOVERNMENT!!!
No betrayal was greater than that which Ojukwu metted out to poor Saro-Wiwa. . . . . . .
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by chosen04(f): 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2010
seanet02:

akinegba, you are very funny, so the act of a single YORUBA man means the approval of the whole tribe. Stark ignorance

Very funny

And the Jan. 1966 coup that was used as an excused to murder Igbos all over the country was an act by  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Blood in your backyard!!!!!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by shevchenko(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2010
udezue:

The best oil in Nigeria is in Ogoniland,unfortunately it has been untapped ,unexpoited and will remain so because the people have disallowed the govt or any COY from exploration.
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by seanet02: 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2010
@chosen, ibos started backstabbing in this country, when they plotted the first coup, zik knew about it and travelled out days to the bloodshed by ibos, the other premiers from other region were killed yet you fool claim AWOLOWO betrayed you. Stark idiots
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by chosen04(f): 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2010
seanet02:

@chosen, ibos started backstabbing in this country, when they plotted the first coup, zik knew about it and travelled out days to the bloodshed by ibos, the other premiers from other region were killed yet you fool claim AWOLOWO betrayed you. Stark idiots

Cheer ignorance!!!!

Are you sure you know the true meaning of backstabbing? I seriously have my doubts.

Back to Topic
@Seanet02
What did Saro-Wiwe do to you region to deserve what he got from Paul Okuntimo, Oladipo Diya and other cohorts
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2010
chosen04:

Cheer ignorance!!!!

Are you sure you know the true meaning of backstabbing? I seriously have my doubts.

Back to Topic
@Seanet02
What did Saro-Wiwe do to you region to deserve what he got from Paul Okuntimo, Oladipo Diya and other cohorts

Why arent we talking about the fact that Ojukwu was the Govt witness to Saro-Wiwa's hanging? Or that he went all over the world selling the justification why Saro-Wiwa had to be killed? Or that he visited Saro-Wiwa on the morning he was to be executed, spat in his face, kicked him in his stomach while he was tied up and greeted him with the now famous "Good Morning in the Evening" statement?!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by udezue(m): 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2010
Bkbabe, Ojukwu owes Saro Wiwa no loyalty or sympathy u dumbass so back to the real question. What did he Wiwa do to the Yoruba in particular? Its very simple just like Adaka Boro, any Easterner who betrayed the East always got screwed in the rear by the North and West. Trying to flip the script lol
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2010
udezue:

Bkbabe, Ojukwu owes Saro Wiwa no loyalty or sympathy u dumbass so back to the real question. What did he Wiwa do to the Yoruba in particular? Its very simple just like Adaka Boro, any Easterner who betrayed the East always got screwed in the rear by the North and West. Trying to flip the script lol

First off, how u been? Second: WHERE THE HELL IS EZEUCHE? Hope he's good.

Third: Why arent we talking about the fact that Ojukwu was the Govt witness to Saro-Wiwa's hanging? Or that he went all over the world selling the justification why Saro-Wiwa had to be killed? Or that he visited Saro-Wiwa on the morning he was to be executed, spat in his face, kicked him in his stomach while he was tied up and greeted him with the now famous "Good Morning in the Evening" statement?!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by oturugo(m): 9:30pm On Dec 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Third: Why arent we talking about the fact that Ojukwu was the Govt witness to Saro-Wiwa's hanging? Or that he went all over the world selling the justification why Saro-Wiwa had to be killed? Or that he visited Saro-Wiwa on the morning he was to be executed, spat in his face, kicked him in his stomach while he was tied up and greeted him with the now famous "Good Morning in the Evening" statement?!
Ape man, quit spreading falsehood here. Even of Ojukwu gives you Bianca, your numerous problems will not be solved. Hence, concentrate on your jobless life and shut your smelly mouth up about Ojukwu.Clown.

1 Like

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2010
oturugo:

Ape man, quit spreading falsehood here. Even of Ojukwu gives you Bianca, your numerous problems will not be solved. Hence, concentrate on your jobless life and shut your smelly mouth up about Ojukwu.Clown.

And If I show u proof do u promise to kill urself on PPV?

Well, ur Ibo so u'll deny the truth anytime any day so I aint even trying to waste my precious time!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by oturugo(m): 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

And If I show u proof do u promise to kill urself on PPV?

Well, your Ibo so u'll deny the truth anytime any day so I aint even trying to waste my precious time!
proof, or forever shut your stinking mouth over Ojukwu. Bingo.

1 Like

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 10:01pm On Dec 06, 2010
Ask your brothers, udezue and co for proof u monkey!

Notice the ones that have been on here longer than u did not argue with my statement. . . . we've rehashed this a thousand times! Your god, Ojukwu, was the biggest factor in the murder of the innocent Saro-Wiwa.

You seek the truth out urself, u Ibo monkey! Showing u anything will amount to a waste of time. Youre Ibo, I know your likes, nothing I'll show u will satisfy u! your deceitful like that, u'll seek a way to play with the truth. You need anything, the internet is your friend!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by udezue(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2010
bk.babe97y:

First off, NONE OF your SORRY BUSINESS. Second:Do I look like EzeUche's keeper? Get off the man's nutz.

Look quit spreading falsehood. Ojukwu never touched Saro Wiwa and is not responsible for what happened to him. Even if he did send him to hell himself it wouldn't be a bad thing after all Wiwa committed treasonable offenses against Biafra Republic. The only thing is that he came and asked for forgiveness when Nigerian govt North and West turned on him like they did Adaka Boro.  Damn are u on drugs?
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 10:20pm On Dec 06, 2010
udezue:

First off, NONE OF your SORRY BUSINESS. Second:Do I look like EzeUche's keeper? Get off the man's nutz.

Look quit spreading falsehood. Ojukwu never touched Saro Wiwa and is not responsible for what happened to him. Even if he did send him to hell himself it wouldn't be a bad thing after all Wiwa committed treasonable offenses against Biafra Republic. The only thing is that he came and asked for forgiveness when Nigerian govt North and West turned on him like they did Adaka Boro.  Damn are u on drugs?

Lol. The son of NdiIbo is mad at me for dispensing the truth! lmao!

Ok, I see ur good and I also see ur probably shacked up with EzeUche, right now, in the same bed, hence the guilty conscience style retort. Do u buddy, aint nobody judging! Anyways, why cant u try not to be a true Ibo man today and tell ur boy the truth?!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by ShangoThor(m): 10:27pm On Dec 06, 2010
[size=18pt]Another fantastic display of reasoning by my Nigerian brethren in this thread.[/size]

The two most crucial issues that arise out of this for me personally are as follows:

1. Nigeria has no sovereignty and our alleged state of independence is a falsehood, a massive illusion. Multinationals rule the roost, and this has been proven time and time again. Every Nigerian Administration has it’s price, and there are no shortage of sell out’s (enemies within) or takers amongst the elite

2. The Saro-Wiwa’s had to go abroad to get justice. Our justice system is a joke and there is a complete loss of confidence in the system. Halli Burton and Shell, well how deep does the rabbit hole go?

1 Like

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 10:33pm On Dec 06, 2010
For the Non-Believers:

I'm only doing this caise these Ibo monkeys have pissed me off again by pretending not to know the truth! Why a people would so blatantly ignore light and seek the dark is beyong me. Fxcuk yall. Lemme squeeze your nuts one likkle bit at a time starting with:

"In 1995, Ojukwu signed government documents identifying himself as a witness to the death of writer Mr. Ken Saro Wiwa, whom Ojukwu had counted as an enemy since the collapse of Biafra's secessionist movement."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Odumegwu_Ojukwu

p.s: the more u deny, the more I provide even more damning evidence! Pieces of shiyyt!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by Ojiofor: 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2010
[b]chie!this ngbantiman is worst than judas iscariot, he wasted ogoniman for some Ghana must go, chai!
Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by oturugo(m): 12:04am On Dec 07, 2010
@Bk.Bingo.
This Bk.Bingo is so daft that he can believe any rubbish written about Ojukwu. Bingo, what made you believe that the writer of that Wikipaedia page was factual?.
Still you have not provided the proof or evidence where Ojukwu signed the alledged document. Also, where is your proof of him spitting, kicking and punching Saro Wiwa.
Still waiting for the evidence, you dirty son of a beast.

1 Like

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by Ojiofor: 12:17am On Dec 07, 2010
In a more serious note he was one of the most wanted man in Biafra,he would have faced the bullet along side Badnjo and Ifeajuna for high treason against the state of Biafra, so the 23yrs more he lived was extra(bonus)life, before Judas Iscariot alias Okuntimo did his job.the same army he brought in into ogoniland wasted and betrayed him,

@bk.babe:are u expecting Ojukwu to weep for him right?do u know that Ojukwu personally gave him post in his government only for that traitor to turn around and brought in enemies into his fatherland.I too follow my leader to say goodmorning to Ogoni and Saro wiwa.

1 Like

Re: How Ken Saro-Wiwa Was Framed by bkbabe97y(m): 12:19am On Dec 07, 2010
oturugo:

@Bk.Bingo.
This Bk.Bingo is so daft that he can believe any rubbish written about Ojukwu. Bingo, what made you believe that the writer of that Wikipaedia page was factual?.
Still you have not provided the proof or evidence where Ojukwu signed the alledged document. Also, where is your proof of him spitting, kicking and punching Saro Wiwa.
Still waiting for the evidence, you dirty son of a beast.

Dude, we went thru this a thousand times in the past!

I'm tired! Like I correctly said, yall ibos a re a bunch of sick fxcuks and will deny the truth by asking the dumbest questions in order to wriggle out of ur position.
No matter what I bring u'll attempt to deny, so go fxuck urselves! If u need answers go to Google or check NL archives!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

George Sekibo Urges FG To Develop Seaports In South-South / Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Onanuga, Alake, Keyamo Lead APC Campaign Media Team / Crime Rate Is Declining In Nigeria - IGP Egbetokun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.