Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office (58459 Views)

Insecurity: Wike Asks CP To Establish Additional Police Divisions In Gwagwalada / Obasanjo Orders Oyo Traditional Rulers To Stand Up And Greet Him / Wike Asks Court To Declare Him PDP Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by olatunji1187: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
No Governor can try this in Yoruba Land... Infact you can't try 1/4 of it

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by AreaFada2: 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
SirToby:

There is something wrong with the video ?
Calling a king small boy that doesn't know anything, Telling them to stand up like school boys ?
It's better to be quiet than to be defending this rubbish and arrogance from Wike
I guess proliferation of first class chiefs for political expediency has been the problem. With governors like Ganduje creating 4 overnight in Kano. That cannot be good.

Anything too common loses value.

Wike could have sent letters to the chiefs to alert them of the need to come with their staff of office, Some might really be very pld and need their walking stick.

I also believe respect for traditional rulers in modern times is not that high in Wike's culture generally. I cannot expect Fayoshe, as outspoken as he is, to address obas in Ekiti like that.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by ogawisdom(m): 1:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
This was an attack on the traditional institution of the state

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by IdioticNLmods: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2020
cheesy i love this guy.. Too real

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by IdioticNLmods: 1:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
Spallanzani:

Bro you lifted a comment on Instablog just like that... without giving credit
Zombies are incapable of thinking with brain.. So don't mind seunmsg
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by coolitempa(f): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2020
joeyfire:

This is the most intellectually deficient thing thing i have seen on NL. So Ganduje dismembering and desecrating a thousand year old seat of the Emir of Kano is better than Wike telling off a chief (not a king) who was being disrespectful?

The Fula emirship is just about 200 years old. Nothing significant.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Spallanzani: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

So sad you jumped into conclusion without even doing any background check. The person that reacted to the video on instablog actually lifted my comment. Check the time I posted my comment and the time that thief posted his. I can even see he got so many likes for stealing my comment. Shameless people everywhere.
Ooopsss... My bad. The person actually copied your comment here. No vex bro
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Devops: 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

So sad you jumped into conclusion without even doing any background check. The person that reacted to the video on instablog actually lifted my comment. Check the time I posted my comment and the time that thief posted his. I can even see he got so many likes for stealing my comment. Shameless people everywhere.
lol.. wonders shall never end.
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by GreyLaw(m): 1:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:
I watched the video and felt terribly sorry for the traditional rulers. The particular chief he called a small boy that used to run errands when he was in school should have stormed out of the venue. Nobody deserve to be so disrespected.

If a south west APC governor had tried this nonsense, the national outcry would have been deafening. But it’s Wike, the numero uno of PDP so no big deal. He will get away with it.

Just as Ganduje has gotten away with all he did and is still doing to Sanusi. What again is the definition of hypocrisy?

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by grandstar(m): 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:
I watched the video and felt terribly sorry for the traditional rulers. The particular chief he called a small boy that used to run errands when he was in school should have stormed out of the venue. Nobody deserve to be so disrespected.

If a south west APC governor had tried this nonsense, the national outcry would have been deafening. But it’s Wike, the numero uno of PDP so no big deal. He will get away with it.

He dare not walk out or he'd be toast. Situation will quickly turn combustible. Best to keep quiet and even smile angry
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by bedfordking: 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
This guy is just a power drunk fool. During campaign they will all visit traditional rulers begging for their blessing after they enter power you now them like this. I blame the traditional rulers who have sold their soul.
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by GreyLaw(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
sarrki:
Governor nyesom Wike degrading a royal stool is an unpardonable offense in Africa

We revered our traditional institutions

It’s not who is occupying that seat but the stool is ancestral and we value the culture and heritage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bke5_ZGceo

https://www.facebook.com/babajide.koladeotitoju/videos/10159284498638989/

What institution are you talking about? If the Sultan of Sokoto misbehaves the governor of his state will take him to the cleaners! Or haven't you read the constitution of Nigeria before? Ganduje rightly told Sanusi to report to his local government chairman and not to him the governor, which is right.

Please take your wailing to a dark corner.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by DSoj(m): 1:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Arrogant mofo.
Well these ones are not ancestral monarchs. They are appointees. Unlike Oba of Benin or Ooni of Ife or Oba of Lagos

So i dont blame the arrogant mofo

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by seunmsg(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
IdioticNLmods:

Zombies are incapable of thinking with brain.. So don't mind seunmsg

The person that you quoted has already apologized for the false post. I’m expecting you to also come back and apologize for the nonsense you posted.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2020
sarrki:

So if Buhari had done the same what would you say?

No traditional institution is under buhari so your question is invalid
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by PrinceMajestic: 1:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Wike sounded reasonable telling them to move with their official staff of office for govt functions because it has authority but in the real sense these are chiefs not monarchs. Their culture permits chief ruling them not monarchs, they have no ancestral stools so their govnor made a fool of them the most embarrassing thing was them laughing at their colleague as the govnor mocked him, if they were like our monarchs that occupy ancestral stools dated to the first founding fathers of their royal principality, culture and heritage of the people they would have been sacred monarchs not chiefs, even president buhari, olusegun obj, Ibb never disrespected the royal institution because they have a culture binding them which is ancestral monarch or primogeniture and because they are African elders that appreciate the culture. I wouldn't say they have monarchs but chiefs. Monarchs would have been prestigious enough not to stand up or simply take their leave b4 it got too far but they just sat there enjoying their embarrassment. Real Monarchs are sitting on powerful ancestral stools from Fathers to Sons and they re respected n worshipped by their people. None of them there is primogeniture (father to son) monarchs, they have no sacred palaces but mere compounds, they do not move or live with the spirits of kings, how can a monarch sleep and then the people say another different man should rule? A man who was not a prince, not born by a king, commoner who is well to do in his family will be offered rulership over a community by the people. These are the ones in this video not our Sacred ancestral monarchs. I remember uduaghan disrespecting ours in delta state but not in this face to face manner, ganduje disrespecting emir of kano(not primogeniture monarch), sarakis seating on the floor for present buhari(not primogeniture monarchs) but the obvious is that Nigerian royal fathers think they are civilized accepting white man culture over their culture which they are the supposed custodians of culture n heritage, Some monarchs disrespected themselves when they removed a cap and enter a church while a scammer in suit messes with them, they say they worship the white British slave traders Jesus, we hav a Yoruba king claiming Jesus was his father and was later catwalking on fashion shows for people. The monarchs lost their royal prestige right from when they foolishly called themselves Christians.so they stopped being monarchs. I love my monarch, Odedekuma, Agbi, Ikebeide, Owururu, Oyepuepue, the living God of Rage and thunder, the mighty snake that strangled a god HRM Ovie Of Urhobo. So Sun Tor!

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
SirToby:

Oga watch the video very well and see the insult he ditched out. Being a PDP supporter doesn't mean you should argue blindly. Replace Wike with Elrufai and we would see how you would change the narrative.

There is nothing wrong in what Wike said.

That's democracy in action.
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by urahara(m): 1:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
grandstar:

He dare not walk out or he'd be toast. Situation will quickly turn combustible. Best to keep quiet and even smile angry

Why did you say so ?
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2020
SirToby:

Which one is Propaganda ?
Watch the video and stop defending rubbish.
How could you tell them to stand up as if he was talking to his students. He even called one of them a small boy with dan fodio head wrapper

Did usman Dan fodio no wear head gear when he was alive?
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
vibbb:
No Gov. will address any traditional ruler like this in the southwest. Though Gov. Wike made some good points but then he shouldn't have pin point a traditional ruler for checking his head.

Elder Wike no dey follow anybody smile o.

The one ajimobi did na break dance abi?
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by sarrki(m): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
Osagyefo98:

No traditional institution is under buhari so your question is invalid

So which state is under Buhari that you heap all the blame of underdevelopment on him ?
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
sarrki:

So which state is under Buhari that you heap all the blame of underdevelopment on him ?

Maybe he should resign as president and tear up the exclusive then no one will blame him again.

Education really matters especially for you.
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by grandstar(m): 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
urahara:

Why did you say so ?

Governor Wike will deal with him! Full stop! No story.

First, Wike will give him the insult of his life in front of everyone and then ensure he loses his treasured crown.

Wike will one day get his comeuppance! Be sure of that. Pride always comes before a fall

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Hublox: 2:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
....but it’s not right, it’s just like telling the Ancestors to stand up, the staffs with them represents their Ancestors and the culture that have been before his generation sef.

I can teach you how to monitor your partner’s WhatsApp chats, pictures, Videos and all without making use of the person’s phone for it and without raising suspicions, even if the person lives far away from you, hit me up i will put you through on how to do it and also forward you the steps to follow, i will forward you the steps first for review and trial sake but if you need everything to be done ASAP then you can order my service for 3k affordable, my delivery time is 25-30 minutes max, my WhatsApp 0͓̽8͓̽1͓̽6͓̽2͓̽9͓̽2͓̽3͓̽2͓̽9͓̽1͓̽
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by vibbb: 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
Only ajimobi can explain the consequences of his action via olubadan.
Constituted authority was molested at long run.

Osagyefo98:

The one ajimobi did na break dance abi?
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by fortunez1(m): 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hypocrites stop spreading fake reports about Gov Wike, and you that is commenting without watching the video is acting like a fool.
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by kamikaz1: 2:31pm On Jan 15, 2020
Chain..what an insult.
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Advocate500: 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2020
seunmsg:

and u are yet to feel same with our judiciary ,with Mr tyrant style of leadership, Mr tyrant has grossly abused his office
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by MztaIkp(m): 2:33pm On Jan 15, 2020
Gee001:
I felt sorry for the traditional ruler. It was humiliating and embarrassing. Calling him a small boy who ran errands? Made fun of his regalia like that of Usman Dan Fodio and to think the others were laughing Damn! That was the height of it.

A governor is making fun of your fellow traditional ruler, you are laughing and pleased with it. I was ashamed on their behalf. Such a public ridicule just to prove a point? First class chiefs for that matter. They should be ashamed of themselves.

You have forgotten who is feeding who.
Re: Governor Wike Asks Traditional Rulers To Stand Up With Their Staff Of Office by Minjim: 2:39pm On Jan 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Where is the denigeration

He only warned them to stop causing problems in the community

Go and watch the video.
He was warning them about the implication of not using their Staff of Office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB / Abba Kyari's Sister, Amina Weds In Maiduguri, IGP Adamu Mohammed Attends(Photos) / Mohammed Babangida's Convoy Involved In An Accident, 3 Soldiers Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.