Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,143 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Sochey's little Rant book! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sochey's little Rant book! (2174 Views)

How I Met Your Mother - A Short Rant / Rant 0153 / Rant On Women And Sex Dolls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Khriztarl(f): 2:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
Millieademi you said u prefer female characters when it comes to fantasies? Anyway,thats onlike me..i prefer male lead characters expecially when i read of vampires or wolves..then i feel comfortable knowing he would die..'ASIN ACTOR NO DEY DIE'..
Who else kinda hate trillers cause i do..alot..
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
millieademi:

About excerpts,

They can either make or mar the chapter for me. I don't really like it.

I prefer female characters,

I can relate to them. Male characters can be nice but then they are not really the MCs in romance which is my favorite genre. I also read fantasy but then I think I'm kinda sexist and I prefer female MCs in fantasy as well.

I tried reading Inheritance Cycle. I got bored with Eragon's point of view and stopped at the beginning of the third book.

About fighting back,

I feel it depends on the entire plot.

Romance all the way. And maybe a little fantasy, once I get the hang of showing not telling

Yeah, I'm totally rocking your point.. Thanks! kiss
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 7:44pm On Jan 18, 2020
Khriztarl:
Millieademi you said u prefer female characters when it comes to fantasies? Anyway,thats onlike me..i prefer male lead characters expecially when i read of vampires or wolves..then i feel comfortable knowing he would die..'ASIN ACTOR NO DEY DIE'..
Who else kinda hate trillers cause i do..alot..

I don't exactly like thrillers. I mean, it depends though.

And male characters in vampires and wolves are just hawt.. I once read a book called[i] THE BLIND ALPHA [/i]the protagonist was female and I kind of enjoyed the book. When the sequel came out, I was just offffffffff.. I didn't get to continue it.
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by millieademi: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
sochey:

I don't exactly like thrillers. I mean, it depends though.

And male characters in vampires and wolves are just hawt.. I once read a book called[i] THE BLIND ALPHA [/i]the protagonist was female and I kind of enjoyed the book. When the sequel came out, I was just offffffffff.. I didn't get to continue it.

Blind Alpha. I feel they over dragged the thing. I got bored when they went to visit the girl's parents

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2020
millieademi:

Blind Alpha. I feel they over dragged the thing. I got bored when they went to visit the girl's parents

Are you on wattpad?

Tbh, I don't even remember the whole thing anymore. I read other wolves books that are similar to it...

I will check it out and get back here...

So, I did check it and found out I was mistàken..
This book just look alike..

Here's the one I'm talking about

*THE FEMALE LYCAN*

Picture below

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Teeted: 4:23pm On Jan 25, 2020
sochey:
Good evening comrades!

Are you having mtn server problem in your area?

Yes?
Thank the almighty I'm not alone!!!

So, I'm basically stealing time from my work schedule to Rant today. I realized I didn't rant as promised two days ago. That doesn't mean I don't have what to type, it simply means that oru oyibo no be small work grin

RANT!!

1}How do you feel about EXCERPTS being attached at the beginning of each chapter in a book?

~The first time I read a book with excerpts at the beginning of each chapters, I literally collapsed in joy!

Those things lift up your soul and makes you want to read more!

2}What type of character do you like to read about or write about?

a] Male
b] Female

If male, why?
Female, why?

3} How do you feel if the hero/heroine of your favourite book lacks ability to fight?

~ I mean, some writers tend to deprive the protagonist the right to fight for her right, most especially if he/she is being maltreated.

I read a particular book on wattpad about how a girl was molested by her abducted family simply because she was better than the family only daughter.
The writer made the girl appear simple and harmless and each time her uncle beats her, I wished to enter the book and help the girl beat the uncle to pulp! Can you imagine that?

So, readers complained about the girls inability to fight back, to run away, to secure her future for herself. The author said that its the way it should be, there are people who finds themselves in the same situation and are too weak, too scared to make a move. Unless, if someone comes to their rescue. TBH, I cried because of that book, maybe I should recommend it for you guys...

4} What kind of book do you like to read/Write?

For me, Romance, Sci fi and actions works for me any day, anytime.

5} Zilch grin

Hehehe hehehe

*silently going back to my chambers*

1. Great for skimming. Foreign literature may make may get a first-time reader to such culture uninterested. But a well-written preface, introduction or prologue sets the tone.
Caveat: when any of the above (3 stated alternatives to an excerpt) is not written by the author, it easily gets divagated.

2. Animals. (Male, female, hermaphrodite, cyborg). Living things that think. I'm interested in how they reason. All o'em!

3. That's why I don't like fiction... Lots of unhelpful wishful thinking that ends in futility.
I doubt any passionate reader of a non-fiction book would mail the author suggest a better way the story should have ended. ~Bedlam~

4. Real shit. Not because romance, fairy tales or science fiction are not written with ink and paper, and worth more than the opposite hues in the literary cybrary of 21st century, but because of *Ecclesiastes 12:12*.

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by Dibixxx1(m): 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2020
Wow..this is a first. Usually when girls I know mention their crushes a certain name always stands out..Nick Bateman

1 Like

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 10:41pm On Jan 25, 2020
Teeted:

1. Great for skimming. Foreign literature may make may get a first-time reader to such culture uninterested. But a well-written preface, introduction or prologue sets the tone.
Caveat: when any of the above (3 stated alternatives to an excerpt) is not written by the author, it easily gets divagated.

2. Animals. (Male, female, hermaphrodite, cyborg). Living things that think. I'm interested in how they reason. All o'em!

3. That's why I don't like fiction... Lots of unhelpful wishful thinking that ends in futility.
I doubt any passionate reader of a non-fiction book would mail the author suggest a better way the story should have ended. ~Bedlam~

4. Real shit. Not because romance, fairy tales or science fiction are not written with ink and paper, and worth more than the opposite hues in the literary cybrary of 21st century, but because of *Ecclesiastes 12:12*.

Thank you soo much for this...

I love how you stated out your point

Thank you!!
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 5:03pm On Jan 26, 2020
Dibixxx1:
Wow..this is a first. Usually when girls I know mention their crushes a certain name always stands out..Nick Bateman

I don't really know him tbh....
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2020
So, my book TDDUP{Till Death Do Us Part} remains one chapter to end.

I'll be going on a full break because of my exams.

But I will be starting another project that is not my hand work.

It's a book written by one of my favourite writter on wattpad.

The book is very interesting and you will definitely love it..

I might post a chapter of it right now!

So enjoy and have a good day..
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 1:49pm On Feb 08, 2020
Here's so quite!!!

Welp, happy New month to y'all!

The month of February which surprisingly can be pronounced as *FearBuhari*

Lol....

Anyways, I don't know what's happening and I haven't fulfilled most of my promises..

Well, nothing is written on stone!!

So, I really hope you all bear with me!

About posting my favourite authors book for you guys... I had a second thought.

So, I'm just going to share the link and I hope you really enjoy it as much as I do... Especially you @Khristarl

https://my.w.tt/NPMf5AAzU3

The cover for the sequel of TDDUP is up!!

I wasn't the one that made this one though because I don't know what's up with my phone.

But, it was made by my most cherished friend Isha.. She's really a nice person...

@isha8040 is her username on wattpad.... So you should probably check out her wonderful books!!

So here ya go!!

Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 12:50am On May 16, 2020
Hello Rant book,

It's been so long since I last updated you. I'm sorry about that, I'm just working on other things.

But today, id like to remind you it's my birthday once again! I finally clocked another age. I'm glad to see today, glad for everyone I've met both IRL and online.

Y'all are amazing cheesy

Happy Birthday to me once again smiley cool
Re: Sochey's little Rant book! by sochey(f): 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2021
Hello rant book, it seems like ages since I last updated everything on Nl. Like a thousand wasted years of hard work and no good results.

I was praying to get all the things I need for my writing and God has finally answered all my prayers. I now have a bunch of apparatus to use but I seem to be loosing a bunch of brain nuts.

I can't even complete a book I've written half through. Although, of course, I've been reading a thousand other novels and I'm working on my language and plots, trying to become better in setting out my characters and story lines.

I have a bunch of drafted write ups with no better endings but I'm hoping for better days ahead where I could complete all my works.

Less I forget, it's the festive season and I've never been so grateful to God for how this year turned out.

Merry Christmas in advance!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / DRILLED. Yes, Drilled. / The Voice In My Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.