Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,800 members, 7,956,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check (28131 Views)

Fact Check: Can A Nigerian Really Make It Legitimately In Dubai? / Iran Plane Crash: The victims Of Ukraine Flight By Nationality / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by princejenks(m): 11:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
The op should do further research on the guy mentioned, his true nationality and why he was specifically mentioned. He could've been billed to board that ill-fated flight but something happened along the line, he shouldn't be hasty to conclude on this based on the manifest alone

1 Like

Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by EnkayDezign4: 1:02am On Jan 15, 2020
Daniel058:
angry So sad angry Terrorism of a certain religion caused their deaths .

You mean the US’s grand terror?
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by arthorjnr(m): 1:30am On Jan 15, 2020
We've lost our humanity.
Someone is happy they were all Muslims.

There were kids aboard that plane.
There was a baby on board.

But we don't see that.
No respect for life.
I'm a christian and one valuable thing that our lord taught us that we've lost is " love".

But we've let diversity come between us.
Its fine. We shall all die. But let's live right.

1 Like

Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by EgunMogaji2: 4:17am On Jan 15, 2020
You haven’t proven anything to me.

1) Manifests are sometimes wrong.

2) There is as such as a ride along technical observer who might be in a jump seat in the cockpit.
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by SALTandFIRE: 5:04am On Jan 15, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:
Maybe that social media bill wasn't bad afterall. Damn bros, I think we fvcked up!!!
It's bad bro.
Social media bill will be evil in the long run
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by olutop(m): 5:28am On Jan 15, 2020
CotenantNIG:
nigeria has a very powerful propanganda machine
The whole world has a very powerful propaganda machine not just Nigeria,we are actually learning beside most countries out there.
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by nengibo: 5:57am On Jan 15, 2020
Jeezuzpick:

They were ALL Iranians.

They just got citizenships or are children of Iranian immigrants.
Yes, you're very right sir
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by Ajibade123(m): 6:01am On Jan 15, 2020
it is so sad...178 people gone just like that
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by nengibo: 6:01am On Jan 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
I actually cannot see 63 Canadian looking names, or British or German looking names so for you to conclude with this fact check article that because there is no Nigerian looking name, that there was no Nigerian on board is really flawed.

They were all Iranians some with dual citizenship so I learnt
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by Howmon: 6:57am On Jan 15, 2020
When i said punch just publish trash and has not professional ethic, they were foaming from the mouth on a young man.
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by JKisOK(m): 7:43am On Jan 15, 2020
legendhayor:
They said this baba died in the crash, crappy journalists

Will the guy in this picture please speak up and save us all this confusion? Are you dead or alive?

Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by AgentNairaland(f): 8:23am On Jan 15, 2020
Is Saaidat Sara not a Nigerian?
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by Befii: 8:39am On Jan 15, 2020
If Trump had not provoked Iran, this wouldn't happened in the first place. Now Trump would be so hated eh by countries who lost their citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by BOBBYNIGUESZ(m): 8:59am On Jan 15, 2020
Wow
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by Onlyonebuhari: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2020
Punch is specialized in propaganda. They are far from investigative journalism.......Herdsmedia for that matter
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by Ishilove: 2:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
kiyosaki1:

You should give the give guardian newspaper the kudos for the corrections and stop ascribing it to yourself.
So where did I ascribe anything to myself? Didn't you see the source link or did you conveniently skip that part?
Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by Ishilove: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2020
Legaldruglord:
What are those numbers beside the names . Is it their year of birth ?
Yes, year of birth.

1 Like

Re: Claims That Nigerian Died In Iran Plane Crash Are False - Fact Check by TrippleEEE: 8:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
Ishilove:
In this age of social media, it is very easy to give into the temptation of spreading news without proper checks, especially when they are being disseminated by supposedly reputable media outlets. However, thankfully there are still some who take the time out for fact checks.

Many threads were created on Nairaland on this matter and one even managed to grace the frontpage briefly before it was yanked off by the supermoderator. https://www.nairaland.com/5626777/nigerian-dauda-onoruoiza-among-victims

Contd:

https://guardian.ng/news/fact-check-claims-that-nigerian-died-in-iran-plane-crash-untrue/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Hi Ishilove. Needed to get your attention. Real name is Elijah. Want to be your friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Railway Stories Government Won’t Tell Nigerians / The Alagbole-Yokoyo Flyover Is Near Completion (PHOTOS) / Should I Invest In Nigeria Or Wait Until I Get A Permanent Stay In Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.