Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal (96294 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Carry Illegal Arms, Be Arrested, Police Warn OPC, Hunters / Operation Amotekun Begins In South-West: Yoruba Youths Warn Criminals / Ikpeazu Declares ‘Operation Zero Potholes’ In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by GreyLaw(m): 10:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
kernniejay:
You cannot provide security, we provide our own security you say it's illegal. Why didnt you declare illegal the use of generators that we buy because your gencos and discos cant supply electricity? Just because you dont want any obstruction for your cattle on our lands, you are declaring our security measure illegal, bring your cows and watch if Amotekun (Leopard) will not devour them.

What Buhari is aiming far is beyond having cows on your land. He actually wants human beings, strangers in your land.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by deeva1: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
TheAmbasador:

I swear..... Nigeria is likely to divide or an urgent restructuring will be called for before 2023....it's now the South west will align with South East to get rid of these animals

You sabi..You jst spoke my mind
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by goshee: 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
Xisnin:

Actually, the bold is not possible.
You cannot declare a group that has not even started operating nor have a violent manifesto a terrorist organization.
It has never happened and it can never happen.
Despite what you may think, the Nigerian court is not united.

has BSS started operations before they were taged terrorist? remember it was this same Malami that started it. as for Amotekun they are gone and gone forever

3 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by gudugudumeje: 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
But not civilian JTF of north eas and many others like it... And Fulani herdsmen carrying AK-47 are not outlawed. The battles and Constitutional crisis has just begun...

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by omeddy: 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
Naija.. In the north you have Civilian JTF , but in the south you are saying its illegal.. I laff in Swahili..

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Ofemannnu: 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Neoteny:

Yes, because shari'a is legal in Nigeria. tongue

Hisbah is not sharia,What about IJTF?
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Fuckgovt: 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lol. Ntor! Herdsmen men go continue to kill Una and the government will still do nothing but support them as they kill u. Shei na una put them there.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by orisa37: 10:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
IT'S A MAGIC AND A FRAUD MALAMI IS EXPRESSING HIS OWN OPINION.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Ihategirls(m): 10:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
Amotekun was created to confront the Fulani herdsmen

The ‘Abokis’ in power did not like the idea, so they banned it

Hmmm

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by niyidenrele: 10:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
Olola Ayo Ajayi
The attention of the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum(SMBLF) has been drawn to the illegal diktat by the Attorney - General of the Federation, Mr Abubakar Malami(SAN) declaring Amotekun, the South West security (not military or Police) outfit illegal.
We consider his action as an abuse of office to suppress the rights of federating units to secure themselves and in furtherance of the widely - held suspicion that sections of the country are deliberately being rendered vulnerable for herdsmen and other criminals by the Federal Government.
We ask the Governors of the South West to ignore Malami and allow him to go to court to challenge their decision as he cannot constitute himself a court over elected governors.We are not under military rule.
We insist that what the Governors have done is what individuals and and neighborhoods can legally do to secure their lives and property.
The right to preserve your life cannot be under any exclusive list other than the list of those who have no value for human lives.
The ultra vire action of the AGF has further exposed Nigeria as a country under command and control and governed by a conquest mentality.
We ask Malami to tell us what makes Amotekun illegal and Hisbah legal.
He should further explain to us what makes Civilian JTF legal in the North East where there is war and in Kaduna and Kano where there is no war, while Amotekun is his only illegal take.
This is a defining moment to decide if we are under segregation and different laws in the country.
Yinka Odumakin
South West
Gen CRU Iherike
South East
Senator Bassey Henshaw
South South
Dr Isuwa Dogo
Middle Belt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Pavarottii(m): 10:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
IamPatriotic:
Amotekun is a living soul already, Buhari is only telling those that want to copy us ( The Omoluabis) that they came late
Those who want to copy u like who?

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by starstaz(m): 10:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
"This is the beginning of the beginning of a very Long process whose conclusive phase is already determined. "

The Declaration of the illegality of the Amotekun, a security support outfit which is in no way a replacement for the Nigerian police force, is the beginning of the beginning of a natural event.

I quote a cunning often outwits itself.
Amotekun is the biggest political strategic significance of our time. It is now an ideology of prosperity and survival mantra. Nobody can kill it.
I tell u. Amotekun will surely evolve into
Amotekun 1. Amotekun 2. Amotekun 3. Amotekun 4. Amotekun 5.

We already know in our minds that we are all ethnic champions and seeking ethnic chauvinism and supremacy and how to overlords ourselves onto others. We all do it. We know ourselves. We know how others are thinking evil against other groups. Hence, the emergence of amotekun to checkmate this antiquity behavior.

Amotekun is android. Amotekun is evolution of modern ideas.

Whoever jettison progress, any group , whatsoever will surely be left behind.

Let me say a cunning fellow will always outwits itself. All the Federatings unit are on equal footings.

The 8 years of Obasanjo presidency proof and speak volumes to that, that no single group is superior to the other. who ever nurses inferiority complex is at full liberty to its wishes.

The Buhari presidency will surely run its course in similar manners.

Amotekun is a strategic thinking and intelligence of native survival

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by DexterousOne(m): 10:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
sassysure:
Hmm.

Hope the south is seeing the handwriting on the wall this time around

I really hope so...
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by starstaz(m): 10:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
We ask Malami to tell us what makes Amotekun illegal and Hisbah legal.
A cunning ethnic group will always run out of ideas at a particular time.
cunning often outwits itself. We are watching in Green lights.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by DexterousOne(m): 10:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
GreyLaw:

What Buhari is aiming far is beyond having cows on your land. He actually wants human beings, strangers in your land.

Yep
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by starstaz(m): 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
He should further explain to us what makes Civilian JTF legal in the North East where there is war and in Kaduna and Kano where there is no war, while Amotekun is his only illegal take.
This is a defining moment to decide if we are under segregation and different laws in the country."

The Greediness of your ethnic group has sooner than later over reaches itself.

No exit door for a cunning Man.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by obama30: 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
hisexcellency34:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/breaking-amotekun-is-illegal-security-outfit-%25E2%2580%2595fg-declares/amp/

Federal government of Northern Nigeria is not afraid of Amoteken but they are afraid of southern Nigerians unification. They knew that when South unificate they can push the nation to right direction.

They are afraid of good government at East and pay father mbaka to make fake prophecy to dorse tention they want to create which they have created

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Finally, it is important to put on record that the Office of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice was not consulted on the matter.

Is not the fault of sw Governor if pmb didn't consulted you, the last I checked you are still under executive not judiciary.your boss was consulted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by starstaz(m): 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
hakeemhakeem:
Finally, it is important to put on record that the Office of the Attorney General and Minister of Justice was not consulted on the matter.

Is not the fault of sw Governor if pmb didn't consulted you, the last I checked you are still under executive not judiciary.your boss was consulted

Thank U jareee. who elected him as AGF. No be somebody who pick him up to come and chop.

The Governors of Amotekun ran for elections and were duly elected on the basis of to keep the security and welfare of the citizens of the state intact.

The President and the GCFR was also duly elected like the Governor s. All of them are on equal footings in a Federation. With special recognition and respect for the office of the President. On this matter nobody needs to consult the AGF. He should go and meets his oga for update. No fight.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by edoairways: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
PerfectlyPerfect:
I can't see any law backing Hisbah police too.

Has anyone noticed that, unlike previous months, the number of people opposing this government on threads on front page has increased.
I'm guessing they've reduced the salary of our Nairaland resident zombies
The scales have fallen from their eyes

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Frankbaro(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
itsme01:

they decieve your self... we have started this and nothing is stoping us , we know our rights unlike Yeebows

Ewu, concentrate on the matter on ground and leave Igbos alone. Is Buhari and Malami, Igbo men. Face your problem child

4 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by aviara: 11:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
Do u blame the north? Blame the YouTube leaders who supported n enthroned this useless govt for political interest. I expect Tinubu who d yoruba adore as a model to speak on this issue. But guess what, Tinubu careless about her people, his priority is his political ambition. Said baba. We should just stop wailing, Jonathan was inept n collapsed failure and Buhari is the best thing that happened to Nigeria since 1960

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by executive12: 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
It's time for the National Assembly to amend the Constitution and remove security from the Exclusive List.
The SE, SW, SS and the Middlebelt should be united in this and should be able to convince enough of the Northern legislators to support the amendment. I am sure most of the Northern Governors would like to take charge of security in their States. They should go further to approve creation of State and regional Police.
In the meantime, the various regions should ignore the Buhari administration and create regional security outfits like the Amotekun. After all, Buhari has been violating Nigeria's Constitution without any repercussions. We should reserve for ourselves, the right to defend our communities.
How come the quota system Attorney General and the Buhari administration have not found it illegal that Fulani militants roam around with AK 47 rifles?

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by unbitchable(m): 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
Well I saw this coming. I'm surprised you guys are surprised. I told Kapeter this was going to happen few days ago with my other moniker.

I knew they would panic that's one. Secondly, every other region would want theirs. Thirdly, Amotoekun was a necessity borne out of the activities of killer herdsmen.

I was expecting this but I thought they would allow it kick off first and monitor their operations before deciding.

In a few days or as we speak, they are already using a southerner to challenge Amotoekun in court.
other moniker.. Gandollaar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by executive12: 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
olakintanj:
It seems FGN is happy over the insecurity and the killing in the country.

So you still don't know that the Buhari administration is the sponsor of the Fulani militants?

2 Likes

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
Izigha:
I wonder what Tinubu and Osinbajo will be thinking now, they have to say something about this matter sooner rather than later
Tinubu is the saboteur. Do you realise the three govs absent at the launching are those under his direct control?

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
CharlotteFlair:
Even you? Sharia law is enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution.

Hisbah police is legal
the govnrs are the chief security officers of their various state constitutionally, and if they choose to put resources together to achieve their aim, it is constitutional too. The state govt have the right to licence who to use fire arms

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by executive12: 11:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
kokomilala:
It's becoming very clear even to the blind faithful of this regime that a subtle northern-Fulani agenda is being pursued.
There's a calculated, well-thought-out agenda by the north to weaken the other sections and then overrun them by imported, marauding armed Fulanis
However, Nigerians have awoken to this threat and have taken their destiny into their own hands by rallying round to form militias to counter-act these hideous Fulani herdsmen.
If the government declares Amotekun illegal, then the south West will resort to other ways of neutralising these invading Fulanis. Thus,making a Fulani an endangered species
We are marching towards Golgotha if the north continues to pursue it's Fulani and Islamic agenda.

You hit the nail on the head. Buhari is clearly on a Fulanization agenda. Obasanjo warned us earlier and was being insulted by the naive ones.

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Sunny4pat: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
we warned south west, but they refused to listen to us

1 Like

Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by CharlotteFlair: 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
obehi247:
the govnrs are the chief security officers of their various state constitutionally, and if they choose to put resources together to achieve their aim, it is constitutional too. The state govt have the right to licence who to use fire arms
You are right bro. We are watching.
Re: FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal by Brunicekid(m): 11:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ashabbiiee:
Is Hisbah legal?
Tell them please... Hypocritical sentences sprewing everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / Dethroned Emir Sanusi's Emotional Farewell At His Palace Balcony (Photos, Video) / President Jonathan’s Salary Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.