Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo (92693 Views)

The Moment After Court Sacked Machina & Declared Lawan Winner (Video, Pictures) / Supreme Court Sacks Ihedioha, Declares Uzodinma Winner Of Imo Election / Governor Emeka Ihedioha And His Phones (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Advocate500: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
Olugbanko:
one werey just registered his presence
tribalism will choke u to death under that brown roof, igboman is not the cause of ur generation been poor, get a life
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Arobagger: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2020
fada mbaka tiri gbosa for u
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by JonDon12: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
Wait One Minute; If Uzodinma Got 236k cancelled votes from those Polling Units, How many did Ihedioha Get from those. They should add those to his totals.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Advocate500: 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
guiddoti:
You were complaining of Sen. Hope now. Did you complain of Zamfara. n Rivers?
I am not a party person, i am more of justice, I am not fan of any political party or person,this is more like a day light robbery, no one saw it coming. The case of zamfara was an internal problem of a political party that could not conduct a primary and elect a candidate, is not the same with this, let us face reality for one's and leave this party thing for one's.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by kizyalex10(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
kettykings:
if it was pdp that had the 318 polling booths discounted , would the supreme court had awarded them the electoral victory or would they have delcared the unawarded votes null and void
buhari knows why he removed onoghen to install the man there.he succeeded in using d judiciary as another branch of APC
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Minjim: 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
arowolo:

Ha! 236k votes!!! How comes? Is this not too much? Who do we offend in this country? So, he was the only one deprived? The court should have sentenced everyone including the returning officers? This is huge fraud. The whole world is laughing at us.... What a stupid manipulation. Let's break up! This is utterly rubbish

He was the only one that sought redress

3 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by guiddoti: 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
Advocate500:
I am not a party person, i am more of justice, I am not fan of any political party or person,this is more like a day light robbery, no one saw it coming. The case of zamfara was an internal problem of a political party that could not conduct a primary and elect a candidate, is not the same with this, let us face reality for one's and leave this party thing for one's.
Internal problem and you see no flux? You are partisan, bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by OYAY(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
In he unanimous judgement of the seven-member panel, read by Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun, the apex court agreed that results in 388 polling units were unlawfully excluded during the collation of the final governorship election result in Imo State.

Now the crux of the matter is that was there cancellation in 308 wards or not We should desist from being unnecessarily emotional!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Minjim: 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
YelloweWest:

Was it only hope that got votes from 318 polling units? How did inec over look 236,000 votes?

Abeg leave this lie joor

Let's not sentiment becloud our reasoning.
The facts are clear.
Others' votes are insignificant enough to effect the outcome of the election result.

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by mistyebby(f): 11:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
This country must divide one day.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by simplyshade: 11:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
Are you buffering kiss
hakeemhakeem:
The sc doesn't judgment based on hear says judgment were based on fact with figure.which hope present that he won those units with results copies duly signed by parties agents corresponding with what the police also present.moreover ince also confirmed the results copies probably some ince staffs play foul
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by edoairways: 11:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
Advocate500:
that means u did not see anything wrong?
It has happened hence there is nothing you or I can do about it
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Princewill1(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2020
A partisan politician turn rev. Father got a tip off from his politician friends in aso Rock and cooked it up as prophesy.

Now some gullible sheeple are calling him a true man of God Lol.

No wonder that it's very easy to control and brainwash millions of black people with low IQ.

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Olugbanko: 12:06am On Jan 15, 2020
Advocate500:
tribalism will choke u to death under that brown roof, igboman is not the cause of ur generation been poor, get a life
hahahaha...I won't trade insults with you boy! you know why? potopoto don full your flat head. if the best of you could kiss nnamdi cownu,a Conman's shoe,who are you not to have extremely low IQ
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Olugbanko: 12:07am On Jan 15, 2020
Advocate500:
hahahaha...I won't trade insults with you boy! you know why? potopoto don full your flat head. if one of your best brains could could kiss nnamdi cownu,a Conman's shoe,who are you not to have extremely low IQ

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by suxy(m): 12:09am On Jan 15, 2020
our friends from the justice department can be funny at times,.... first d appellant went to d tribunal and court of appeal to argue that dat the governor didn't score up to the constitutional requirement votes.....now the supreme Court now ruled in another different dimension by ruling dat votes from 328 polling units were for just one candidate without giving us any real fact to back up dat claim, even in buhari's polling unit it's not everybody there dat voted for him so how can s judge now declare dat all the voters in dat polling units did voted for Mr Uzodinma and not Mr Nwosu nor Mr Ararume....how can she substantiate dat??.... anyways congratulations to the winner
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by IpobAntidote: 12:13am On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by degamemaster(m): 12:46am On Jan 15, 2020
I am not the type that insults priests but I'm forced by circumstances to that Fr Mbaka is an undercover APC member. He got this info leaked to him by the cabals and not holy spirit.

Sadly, hope uzodimma is another desperate politician that have been hustling for the governorship position since over a decade just like buhari and at the end, he doesn't have anything to offer.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by OBIPLUS(m): 12:48am On Jan 15, 2020
God will help us.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by garfield1: 1:37am On Jan 15, 2020
seniormallam:
This judgment has rendered inec very useless body..........imagine omitting over 200k votes....... Incompetent is an understatement, mahmud should vacate that sit as inec chair without further delay............let them provide the added results ward by ward, so only Uzodinma scored all the total votes right?
Guy bow to me jor before you become junior mallam.i told you earlier but you rained insults on my person
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by contigiency(m): 2:59am On Jan 15, 2020
netmillionaires:

If I should say father Mbaka was simply used to make the judgement look like divine intervention now, some people will call for my head.

For you to say so implies that you don't even have a head for anyone to call for. That you have something that looks like head does not necessarily mean it's functioning as head should.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Omobada(m): 3:09am On Jan 15, 2020
kettykings:
if it was pdp that had the 318 polling booths discounted , would the supreme court had awarded them the electoral victory or would they have delcared the unawarded votes null and void
Supreme Court's decision in the case of zamfara state perfectly answers your question bro

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by agabusta: 3:41am On Jan 15, 2020
topboss:
THE JUSTICE IS EVEN YORUBA.

I GUESS ALL THE TALK OF ABIOLA DEMOCRACY DAY IS HOT AIR AFTERALL.

I WAS EXPECTING HIM TO BE A FULANI JUSTICE.

Aside the CJN, other members of the panel that concurred with the lead verdict were Justices Sylvester Ngwuta, Kayode Ariwola, Uwani Abba Ajji and Amiru Sanusi.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by wirinet(m): 3:41am On Jan 15, 2020
YelloweWest:

Was it only hope that got votes from 318 polling units? How did inec over look 236,000 votes?

Abeg leave this lie joor
It was only hope that was able to present evidence that he got 236,000 votes from 318 polling units.

JonDon12:
Wait One Minute; If Uzodinma Got 236k cancelled votes from those Polling Units, How many did Ihedioha Get from those. They should add those to his totals.
The onus lies on Ihedioha to present evidence that he got votes from the 236,000 polling units. You cannot expect hope uzodinma or the supreme Court justices to do that for him.

The problem was the admissibility of the evidence uzodinma presented. The lower courts dismissed the evidence, while the supreme Court admitted it. One the evidence was admitted, ihedioha has lost.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by wirinet(m): 4:01am On Jan 15, 2020
OYAY:

In he unanimous judgement of the seven-member panel, read by Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun, the apex court agreed that results in 388 polling units were unlawfully excluded during the collation of the final governorship election result in Imo State.

Now the crux of the matter is that was there cancellation in 308 wards or not We should desist from being unnecessarily emotional!!!
Our igbo brothers trade in emotions. They think they can win or get what they want by stirring emotions. Most of them did not even bother to read the reason for the judgement, they just start screaming; Fulani herdsmen, sharia judges and Buhari. You wonder what concerns these with the judgement?

This is the crux of the judgement;

“Vote due to the appellant Senator Hope Uzodinma and the APC from 388 Polling Units were wrongly excluded from scores ascribed to the appellant(to them).

“It is thereby ordered that the appellant votes from 388 Polling Units unlawfully excluded from the appellant vote declared shall be added and that the first respondent, Emeka Ihedioha, was not duly elected by a majority of lawful votes cast at the said election.”

The lower courts had rejected the evidence presented by hope Uzodinma because the evidence did not originate from the witnesses presenting the evidence.

The panel led by Justice Malami Dongondaji had in the judgment dismissed Messrs Ararume, Nwosu and Uzodinma’s petitions for lacking in merit on the grounds that they failed to prove the allegations made in their petitions.

But the tribunal in its judgement held that the case of the petitioners was unmeritorious because they failed to call relevant witnesses and that evidence of witnesses called were based on hearsay.

The tribunal, in addition, rejected documents tendered by the petitioners in support of their claims on the grounds that those who led evidence in the documents were not the makers of the documents.
This to me is a stupid argument.
So the learned justices were saying that documents originating from INEC or the police, but presented by agents and lawyers of the petitioner cannot be admitted, because they did not write the documents themselves. Mind you, they did not alleged the documents were forged.

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by crestdevelopers: 5:16am On Jan 15, 2020
realstars:
This is gonna be the topic of the week. There is much stories for the media.
you know the story
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by Reinvented: 5:34am On Jan 15, 2020
This is a brazen and a slap on our collective conscience. So 388 polling units where votes were cancelled were all won by Hope Uzodinma. How possible? Even at that, he would have recorded above 500 votes on each of the polling units with the other candidates getting nothing. The Supreme Court of Nigeria need to show the world the individual results that mske them declare Hope Uzodinma winner.
Even the judiciary... Nigeria democracy is really compromised and this is really annoying.
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by bluecircle470: 7:00am On Jan 15, 2020
UnknownT:
Was it only Hope that recorded votes from the cancelled 318 polling units? As in no other parties got a single vote from the 318 PUs? We need to know where the PUs are situated

It was a case filed by hope and not by other parties so they can’t reason for another party
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by angrykids(m): 7:04am On Jan 15, 2020
Onlinealaba:
Can they appeal the supreme court judgement cos this matter serious
We sell Smart TVs and home appliances

Thats the apex court their decision is final and binding,only God in heaven can hear appeal from supreme court
Re: Why Supreme Court Sacked Ihedioha And Declared Uzodinma Winner In Imo by CHIGIM: 7:04am On Jan 15, 2020
abeg help me ask am o
Neoteny:

Are you talking about the same supreme court that handed over Zamfara to PDP?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet The Family Of Seyi Makinde, Wife Tamunominini And Children (Photos) / Temitope Olatoye Sugar Dies In UCH After He Was Shot / Babatunde Gbadamosi Arrested For Attending Funke Akindele's Party Amid Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.