Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? (1113 Views)

Why Are People Still Poor If Money Can Be Made Online? / 7 Reasons why You Are still poor...no 6 Will Shock You. / Investors Dump 40% Stocks Over Poor Corporate Governance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by EZARANDHOBS(m): 8:03am On Jan 15, 2020
So this past Saturday, I was hanging out in a bar. I just needed to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Lagos. While seated there, I noticed four fresh guys on the other side.

Seems like three of them had just returned from abroad and they were catching up on old times. Their voices were so loud for anybody not to listen to what they were saying.

They talked about a lot of things and then they switched to Church; of course the issue of tithe came up. One of them said “I know this guy that talks about paying tithe all the time, he pays tithe every Sunday but he’s still broke”.

They all roared in laughter. One of them said imagine a Pastor telling him that he has to pay tithe so that God can bless him... I’m already blessed he shouted and they roared in laughter again.

As I sat there, I began to ponder! Why do people pay tithe, sow seeds and are still broke? The Pastors usually preach about these things and make you feel like, you are poor because you don’t tithe.

What about those that tithe and still broke? What’s your take?
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by TheSourcerer: 8:06am On Jan 15, 2020
He will die broke too
Use your money for yourself

1 Like

Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by olaric(m): 8:14am On Jan 15, 2020
And what about those who don't pay tithe and are also broke?

Tithing just like faith, is dead without work. No farmer sows without watering. Watering and uprooting width help a farmer's seed in the ground to germinate and grow healthy same way working smart and avoiding unnecessary waste help your tithe to produce desired results. Don't be fooled, God is not a magician; due process is all it takes...

3 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by Kingpee2(m): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2020
Paying your tithe does not guarantee increase in finances ,listen carefully, most gullible pastors will only make you feel guilty even when you don’t do it ,it’s not a compulsory task for God ,some pastors will go as far as saying ,do it for God ,God that gave you the money gave you for your need ,if you must give back then give to the poor and needy ,tithe is another scam pastors use ,most of them even tell you about first fruit ....My eyes got opened long time ago ...

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by IdeasPro(m): 8:31am On Jan 15, 2020
Tithing is a commandment from God not man. So, leave the broke neighbour to God who commanded it. It is in the bible that the glory of the latter house will be greater than the former (Haggai 2 verse 9). Except the poor neighbour is not totally doing the will of God, I can guarantee you that his wealth will explode sooner than you can imagine.

I am not even writing about peace of mind that tithing and Godliness brings. Drinking and babbling is hallucination and ephemeral joy that varnishes when reality dawns.

2 Likes

Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by jamo4u: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2020
1. If the man has been giving Tithes and he is said to be a poor man, my question is how is he able to give tithes, because the fact that he is Tithing means that he is making money because Tithes are given from increase.

2. You dont give tithe to be blessed (Rich) rather you give tithes because your blessed and want to become a blessing to the house of God. The man has a heart of gratitude and is giving from the supposedly little that he has to show gratitude to God.

3. Tithes is no longer a law but it is now a convenant one willingly enters into with God and theres nothing wrong about that. HE is my God and It is His money.

4. Tithes are giving from your increase and it is a way to show gratitude to God for giving you the grace to increase in your finances. If you dont believe that God has a hand in your financial blessings then dont Tithe it is not by force. But as for me and my household we will!

5. You can surely be rich genuinely without paying Tithes, just like you can also be poor and broke without paying Tithes. So dont think that avoiding Tithes will make you richer.

6. A poor man that pays Tithes is better than a poor man that doesnt pay Tithes. I say so cause the latter clearly still has something to give.

7. You will hear people say he pays Tithes and he is poor But you will never hear someone say He is poor because he paid Tithes.

8. There are principles of making genuine wealth and Tithes can never replace principles. Tithes protects a mans finances spiritually and releases grace upon a mans live. How you chose to apply this grace by adding value will determine your wealth level.

9. The issue is when the purpose of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable and no result is achieved. Most people give Tithes to be rich because they lack understanding.

10. Giving to God is for the benefit of man and not God. He said Silver and Gold are mine so the so called money your spending all of it is His and not yours anyway.

Finally, you can never give more than God. God doesn't give 10%. God gives 100%. This is why he gave his only Son for your sake.

As I write to you, I emulate the nature of God because I am a son and so I also give sacrificially by giving 100% whenever I am led to do so.

I dont argue about Tithes because I am above the law of Tithes. I am above it because I have fulfilled it. The bible says that anyone that has love has fulfilled the law (Rom 13:10). LOVE doesnt argue about 10% because LOVE is always willing to give all 100%. You dont need be rich to give 100% or 10% all you need is LOVE

God bless you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by SlayWise(m): 9:44am On Jan 15, 2020
Tithing: the only source of income for pastors
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by TheMan3: 10:15am On Jan 15, 2020
SlayWise:
and what I it is?

The Bible says bring your tithe so that there may be MEAT in my house.
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by SlayWise(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
TheMan3:
and what I it is?

The Bible says bring your tithe so that there may be MEAT in my house.
And isn't suck to you how the promote it. Money is now placed at the forefront of everything in church now you know
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by EZARANDHOBS(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
olaric:
And what about those who don't pay tithe and are also broke?

Tithing just like faith, is dead without work. No farmer sows without watering. Watering and uprooting width help a farmer's seed in the ground to germinate and grow healthy same way working smart and avoiding unnecessary waste help your tithe to produce desired results. Don't be fooled, God is not a magician; due process is all it takes...

Wise words, but the guy in question earns an income and that's how he's able to pay tithe, don't you think?
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by EZARANDHOBS(m): 12:06am On Jan 16, 2020
SlayWise:

Why do you say so?
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by EZARANDHOBS(m): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2020
Kingpee2:
Paying your tithe does not guarantee increase in finances ,listen carefully, most gullible pastors will only make you feel guilty even when you don’t do it ,it’s not a compulsory task for God ,some pastors will go as far as saying ,do it for God ,God that gave you the money gave you for your need ,if you must give back then give to the poor and needy ,tithe is another scam pastors use ,most of them even tell you about first fruit ....My eyes got opened long time ago ...

Yes they make it look like that's the reason why people are broke, like it's kalokalo!
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by EZARANDHOBS(m): 12:09am On Jan 16, 2020
jamo4u:
1. If the man has been giving Tithes and he is said to be a poor man, my question is how is he able to give tithes, because the fact that he is Tithing means that he is making money because Tithes are given from increase.

2. You dont give tithe to be blessed (Rich) rather you give tithes because your blessed and want to become a blessing to the house of God. The man has a heart of gratitude and is giving from the supposedly little that he has to show gratitude to God.

3. Tithes is no longer a law but it is now a convenant one willingly enters into with God and theres nothing wrong about that. HE is my God and It is His money.

4. Tithes are giving from your increase and it is a way to show gratitude to God for giving you the grace to increase in your finances. If you dont believe that God has a hand in your financial blessings then dont Tithe it is not by force. But as for me and my household we will!

5. You can surely be rich genuinely without paying Tithes, just like you can also be poor and broke without paying Tithes. So dont think that avoiding Tithes will make you richer.

6. A poor man that pays Tithes is better than a poor man that doesnt pay Tithes. I say so cause the latter clearly still has something to give.

7. You will hear people say he pays Tithes and he is poor But you will never hear someone say He is poor because he paid Tithes.

8. There are principles of making genuine wealth and Tithes can never replace principles. Tithes protects a mans finances spiritually and releases grace upon a mans live. How you chose to apply this grace by adding value will determine your wealth level.

9. The issue is when the purpose of a thing is not known abuse is inevitable and no result is achieved. Most people give Tithes to be rich because they lack understanding.

10. Giving to God is for the benefit of man and not God. He said Silver and Gold are mine so the so called money your spending all of it is His and not yours anyway.

Finally, you can never give more than God. God doesn't give 10%. God gives 100%. This is why he gave his only Son for your sake.

As I write to you, I emulate the nature of God because I am a son and so I also give sacrificially by giving 100% whenever I am led to do so.

I dont argue about Tithes because I am above the law of Tithes. I am above it because I have fulfilled it. The bible says that anyone that has love has fulfilled the law (Rom 13:10). LOVE doesnt argue about 10% because LOVE is always willing to give all 100%. You dont need be rich to give 100% or 10% all you need is LOVE

God bless you

Whao, thanks for penning this down!
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by EZARANDHOBS(m): 12:11am On Jan 16, 2020
IdeasPro:
Tithing is a commandment from God not man. So, leave the broke neighbour to God who commanded it. It is in the bible that the glory of the latter house will be greater than the former (Haggai 2 verse 9). Except the poor neighbour is not totally doing the will of God, I can guarantee you that his wealth will explode sooner than you can imagine.

I am not even writing about peace of mind that tithing and Godliness brings. Drinking and babbling is hallucination and ephemeral joy that varnishes when reality dawns.

True
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by MegaStarr(m): 5:37am On Jan 16, 2020
jamo4u:

God bless you

Excellent. God bless you.
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by olaric(m): 8:52am On Jan 16, 2020
EZARANDHOBS:

Wise words, but the guy in question earns an income and that's how he's able to pay tithe, don't you think?

Tithing is not an automatic ticket to wealth; it only helps to amplify, safeguard and prosper the source. That said, God is not at fault when a man is not disciplined in terms of spending.
Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by Sirseedorf(m): 9:04am On Jan 16, 2020
You mean your neighbor give but lack.

Mehnn this is some kinda joke

Re: My Neighbor Pays Tithe And He’s Still Poor? by EZARANDHOBS(m): 9:20am On Jan 30, 2020
Sirseedorf:
You mean your neighbor give but lack.

Mehnn this is some kinda joke

LOL

(1) (Reply)

Desirable Skills To Learn And Make Money Online During This Lockdown / 5 Habits That Makes People Stay In Poverty For Life / What would an extra 50,000 - 100,000 Naira monthly do for you?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.