Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,767 members, 7,824,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts (1552 Views)

Kogi Freezes State, LG Accounts / New Ekiti Governor, Oyebanji Makes First Appointments, Freezes State Accounts / Court Stops Swearing-in Of Calistus Ekenze As New Imo Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by ExAngel007(f): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2020
The governor-elect of Imo State, Senator Hope
Uzodinma, has given an order to all financial
institutions where the state funds are
maintained not to honour any draft till further
notice.

This order came a few hours after that the
Supreme Court declared him the duly elected
governor of the state on Tuesday.

A letter addressed to the regional directors and
managers of all the financial institutions in Imo
state and signed by Cosmos Iwu, director-
general of Senator Hope Uzodinma campaign
organization on behalf of the governor-elect,
ordered the financial institutions to “post no
debit” on all the accounts of the state domiciled
in their banks till further directive.

The letter which was titled, “Order of post no
debit on all accounts of Imo state government
effective immediately 14 January 2020” stated
that the order was a sequel to the apex court
judgment which declared Uzodinma the new
governor of the state.

The three-paragraph letter, which was sighted
by The PUNCH‘s correspondent in Owerri on
Wednesday read, “Following the Supreme Court
judgment of 14 January 2020, I am directed by
his excellency, Senator Hope Uzodinma, to take
this as your authority/instruction to place a post
no debit order on all accounts of the Imo state
government maintained in your various
institutions.

“You are by this letter directed to comply and
await further instructions from the office of his
excellency, the executive governor of Imo state.
Thanks for your cooperation.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-imo-gov-elect-freezes-state-bank-accounts/#
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by vickydankal(f): 11:02am On Jan 15, 2020
Yes, to avoid injury time clearing and forwarding. He did it to rochas. What goes around comes ....?

4 Likes

Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by tooth4tooth: 11:06am On Jan 15, 2020
Yes oo.To avoid story that touch.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by TeeBabss(m): 11:07am On Jan 15, 2020
Oshey baddest

1 Like

Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by madmohamed(m): 11:16am On Jan 15, 2020
ExAngel007:
The governor-elect of Imo State, Senator Hope
Uzodinma, has given an order to all financial
institutions where the state funds are
maintained not to honour any draft till further
notice.

This order came a few hours after that the
Supreme Court declared him the duly elected
governor of the state on Tuesday.

A letter addressed to the regional directors and
managers of all the financial institutions in Imo
state and signed by Cosmos Iwu, director-
general of Senator Hope Uzodinma campaign
organization on behalf of the governor-elect,
ordered the financial institutions to “post no
debit” on all the accounts of the state domiciled
in their banks till further directive.

The letter which was titled, “Order of post no
debit on all accounts of Imo state government
effective immediately 14 January 2020” stated
that the order was a sequel to the apex court
judgment which declared Uzodinma the new
governor of the state.

The three-paragraph letter, which was sighted
by The PUNCH‘s correspondent in Owerri on
Wednesday read, “Following the Supreme Court
judgment of 14 January 2020, I am directed by
his excellency, Senator Hope Uzodinma, to take
this as your authority/instruction to place a post
no debit order on all accounts of the Imo state
government maintained in your various
institutions.

“You are by this letter directed to comply and
await further instructions from the office of his
excellency, the executive governor of Imo state.
Thanks for your cooperation.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-imo-gov-elect-freezes-state-bank-accounts/#
did he have the power
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by RadicalNigerian(m): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2020
HOW TO FOOL NIGERIANS USING RELIGION

APC Cabal: "Hello. Father Mbaka"

Father Mbata: "Hello Sir"

APC Cabal: "We have settled the Supreme Court judges to rule in our favor, but we need you to include it in your prophetic declaration that "God has revealed to you that Hope Uzodinma will be the declared the winner" you know very well that Nigerians believe anything that has "God says" in it and they respect men of god without questioning them. Besides, this will ease any tension that may arise, they won't suspect anything fishy.

Father Mbata: "Ok, I understand, I will do just that...do you still have my account number?

APC Cabal: "of course i do, I will send some money to your account now.

Father Mbata: "Ok Sir, thank you sir...I am always at your service.

*extracted from Chapter 1 verse 5, FOOLING NIGERIANS FOR DUMMIES.

Book to be released soon...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by mahakexchange(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2020
Right move!
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by Mynd44: 11:45am On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by agulion: 11:50am On Jan 15, 2020
Ok noted
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2020
Freeze or not una all be dsame ppl
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by ubandawaki: 12:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
The Cabals also told him that Buhari an ordinary man will defeat Jonathan the president in 2015.
RadicalNigerian:

APC Cabal: "We have settled the Supreme Court judges to rule in our favor, but we need you to include it in your prophetic declaration that "God has revealed to you that Hope Uzodinma will be the declared the winner" you know very well that Nigerians believe anything that has "God says" in it and they respect men of god without questioning them. Besides, this will ease any tension that may arise, they won't suspect anything fishy.

Father Mbata: "Ok, I understand, I will do just that...do you still have my account number?

1 Like

Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by RadicalNigerian(m): 12:26pm On Jan 15, 2020
ubandawaki:
The Cabals also told him that Buhari an ordinary man will defeat Jonathan the president in 2015.

Yes they did...if your definition of "ordinary man" is a man that once ruled this country in the military era then you must have a tumor in your brain.
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by abbasajao(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
Their target is always state bank accounts
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by BuhariAdvocate: 12:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
very good. Jail anyone make any silly move after this order. Meanwhile we are in Douglas house now for swearing of his excellency
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by correctyourself(m): 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
abbasajao:
Their target is always state bank accounts

Very true, and they knows their selves how loot state States money.
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
As expected ...
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by Eteka1(m): 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2020
RadicalNigerian:

Talk only wetin you Sabi. No go de carry another person problem for your head.
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by realstars: 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
Soon we will hear of his policy and his patern of hunting, i hope he will not start with hunting like a bad hunter.
Re: Breaking New: Imo Governor-elect Freezes State Bank Accounts by saintade01(m): 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
RadicalNigerian:

FOOLING YOURSELF wink

(1) (Reply)

Watch Your Back – Nigerians Tell Senator Abaribe / Youth Corpers Now Earn More Than Bmc's / PMB Has Today Equalled The Number Of Days That GEJ Spent In Office As President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.