Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives (83296 Views)

Epe Youths Chase Herdsmen And Their Cows Out Of Their Town (Video) / Ijare, Ondo Seizes 150 Cows For Destroying Farmlands / Fulani Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows After Sighting Vigilante In Anambra. Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by whirlwind7(m): 4:42am On Jan 16, 2020
IamPatriotic:
The beautiful thing about Ondo is that we don't share borders with any Fulani state, the marauding herders would be delt with appreciately and they won't have any chance of revenge.

Do you know what?
There isn't a single Fulani state in Nigeria.
They merely muscled out the Hausa indigenes to gain political power.
There is no state with Fulani having the majority population in Nigeria.

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by anonimi: 5:02am On Jan 16, 2020
Kelluz:
The problem or Nigeria is mother fucking Yoruba race,they are snitches ....they snitch everywhere...they snitch in the office, business, politics, anything or anywhere snitching is involved they take the front seat....NDI IBERIBE where was JAGABAN JUDAS ISCARIOT when operation AMOTEKUN was banned ?the fool didn't utter a word .

He has finally sold you guys out to the Northerners...shey Una mumu no tooo much ... now they have taking away guns from toothless operation AMOTEKUN and given them torch light and JuJu in replacement ,Una never see anything FULANI are coming for you guys ... BIAFRA dey talk too much Abi mumu people Una think say Una go get power 2023. Am sorry fools NORTHERNER still rules ...

What is with all this crying, screaming and wailing upandan?
I guess that your IPOB negotiator was not being a Judas asslicker of the Foolanis below.
Hopefully our JagaBandit rogue will join him in prison soon.

How I brought RUGA to Abia, by Orji Kalu

THE controversy trailing the aborted establishment of RUGA settlements for Fulani herders in parts of the country may be far from over.

Senate Chief Whip, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, on Friday said that the apprehension being expressed over the plan by the Federal Government to create Fulani settlements for herders under the acronym name of RUGA was misplaced.

He told reporters in Abuja that he established a successful RUGA settlement in Abia State when he was governor of the state in 2001.

The controversial cattle market, he said, is located in Lokpanta, Umunneochi Local Government Area, along Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway.

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-i-brought-ruga-to-abia-by-orji-kalu/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9883206_9826875screenshot20190714at123023pmjpeg2871409bacae76b478957baf1fba81d9_jpeg097d8bad228a44c5faffb9edd2037362

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by sunday0707(m): 5:17am On Jan 16, 2020
NaMeAboki:
While not condoning the destruction of farmlands; at the same time two wrongs cannot make a right:
You warned them and the they heeded and went to a distant place to resettle.
You still traced them and chased them away (even though no longer a threat to your
farms).
After they ran away, you took their cattle (over 100 in number) to your ruler's palace.

Questions:
Now that you have their cows as hostage, what do you expect to do with them should
their owners want them back?
What do you expect would happen should anything happen to their cows?
Is confiscating/retention of their cows consistent with existing laws?
If the community was as organised as they seemed, what stopped them from inviting the
police arrest/prosecute the culprits amongst them?
Is chasing them away consistent with their constitutional right to freedom of movement
and association?

There is always the right way and the wrong way of doing what is right; unfortunately resorting to to self help is not one of the rights ways.
It is an easy route to escalation and potential violence with attendant loss of blood/life. - I foresee reprisals if those cows are not returned.

You are truly aboki. They've been warned severally, they didn't listen, remember part of the warning was thunderstorm against 36 cows in the community last year. These people have destroyed many peoples source of livelihood.

In this same community, my dad's farm was eaten up last year, another of his farm was eaten up last week. This is his only source of livehood. What do you expect him to be eating when years,months,weeks,hours of labour was destroyed in a day. It might interest you to know that the king is even helpless as he has gotten several warning from military base in the State. When one seems to be helpless, u resort to self help. That was part of the lightling last year.

We are peace loving people but are not fools nor cowards You may not have heard of ijare but I tell you let them even think of reprisal or make attempt. They would suffer more. We don't make mouth.

As regards your question, I may not be able to speak for the community, but paying for the damages they caused should be the condition for the release of their cows.

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by paulsir: 5:48am On Jan 16, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Nigeria is a funny country. Some one comes to your farm and destroy your crops using his cow...and this is called herdmen-farmers dispute. I don't understand. If somebody breaks into my house and destroy my property and eat my food that is called trespassing and destruction of property. Nigerians there is nothing like herdsmen-farmers dispute. Dispute suggests there is a confusion on the ownership of the farm. There is none. The farm belongs to the farmer not the herdsmen. The herdsmen are committing crimes all over Nigerian and should be arrested and prosecuted. The job of the Nigerian police is to protect Nigerian lives and property. The police should be arresting the herdsmen for destroying people's farms. The police are not doing their jobs hence the youths are taking it upon themselves to protect the farms.
And who dares arrest them? Even the IG is in their favour not to talk of their patron in Aso rock.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by eguarojeona: 6:04am On Jan 16, 2020
mjbaba:
If the Ondo people know what is good for them, they shouldn't touch those cows.

Just allow the Fulani people come and claim them and leave peacefully.

Those guys are very unforgiving and ruthless if anything happens to their cattle.
They have communities too.Henceforth if they kill in any community.People should mobilize and go attack them also in their states .They don't have monopoly on violence.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by NaMeAboki: 6:36am On Jan 16, 2020
sunday0707:
You are truly aboki. They've been warned severally, they didn't listen, remember part of the warning was thunderstorm against 36 cows in the community last year. These people have destroyed many peoples source of livelihood.

In this same community, my dad's farm was eaten up last year, another of his farm was eaten up last week. This is his only source of livehood. What do you expect him to be eating when years,months,weeks,hours of labour was destroyed in a day. It might interest you to know that the king is even helpless as he has gotten several warning from military base in the State. When one seems to be helpless, u resort to self help. That was part of the lightling last year.

We are peace loving people but are not fools nor cowards You may not have heard of ijare but I tell you let them even think of reprisal or make attempt. They would suffer more. We don't make mouth.

As regards your question, I may not be able to speak for the community, but paying for the damages they caused should be the condition for the release of their cows.

Why bother chasing them away and risking physical conflict when you could have easily resolved the problem by obliterating their cows by remote control with lightning - instead of resorting to self help and now have to be sleeping with one eye open in case of reprisal?

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by guiddoti: 6:49am On Jan 16, 2020
hehehe Ere awon omo lamidi kownu hehehe
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by WorldRichest: 6:55am On Jan 16, 2020
PapaBaby:
Wait for the reprisals.
Fulanis will march enmass to Ondo state soon, with guns issued by buratai. Emir of Ondo loading..y'all should start learning Fulfude and Hausa languages now.

The way the Fulanis have been doing in South East? You watch and see that Yorubas are not lazy chest beaters but action takers.

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by myobjective: 7:01am On Jan 16, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Why bother chasing them away and risking physical conflict when you could have easily resolved the problem by obliterating their cows by remote control with lightning - instead of resorting to self-help and now have to be sleeping with one eye open in case of reprisal?

To begin with, open grazing is not feasible and will always create a problem when Fulani moves to an area not used to their method of animal husbandry. This method is not sustainable and will always create crises, the best solution is to completely stop open grazing in regions south of the River Niger and Federal government should build smaller dams along waterways in North to cater for grazing during the dry season in the North.

Ultimately, we'll need to move into 21st century of cattle rearing, where such a trade is treated as a business and all battles are placed in a ranch.

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by myobjective: 7:02am On Jan 16, 2020
WorldRichest:

The way the Fulanis have been doing in South East? You watch and see that Yorubas are not lazy chest beaters but action takers.

Please don't make this about Igbo and Yoruba
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Skmoda360(m): 7:19am On Jan 16, 2020
PapaBaby:
Wait for the reprisals.
Fulanis will march enmass to Ondo state soon, with guns issued by buratai. Emir of Ondo loading..y'all should start learning Fulfude and Hausa languages now.
They will all be killed you go think say na Benue.....it will shock you, I'm not making mouth...Ondo wey JuJu full there like tomorrow no dey...Ayelala, Shopona and so on...

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Skmoda360(m): 7:24am On Jan 16, 2020
hope4nigeria:
then thunder await them, Yoruba can not be penetrated like zamfara, benue plateau, the moment north go against Yoruba, Nigeria must divided into 20,
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Skmoda360(m): 7:30am On Jan 16, 2020
Dayoara:
I fear reprisal heavy attack on the people.... Brace up and be on red alert.
You must be a fool for thinking and talking in this manner....you must be fake Yoruba man ..
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Torg77: 7:31am On Jan 16, 2020
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/herdsmen-abandon-cows-in-ondo-community-for-personal-safety/

Communities are now grabbing the bull by the horn (pun intended) and doing what they have to do
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by blazetitov: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2020
PapaBaby:
Wait for the reprisals.

You are a very DAFT Baby!!!

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by kenny160: 8:11am On Jan 16, 2020
Hunm o ga oo....
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by NaMeAboki: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2020
myobjective:

To begin with, open grazing is not feasible and will always create a problem when Fulani moves to an area not used to their method of animal husbandry. This method is not sustainable and will always create crises, the best solution is to completely stop open grazing in regions south of the River Niger and Federal government should build smaller dams along waterways in North to cater for grazing during the dry season in the North.

Ultimately, we'll need to move into 21st century of cattle rearing, where such a trade is treated as a business and all battles are placed in a ranch.

You are free to create laws to ban open grazing and follow the said law accordingly; but communities are not at liberty to take the law into their hands by resorting to self help, as in this case, by chasing anybody away or holding their cattle ransome.
The community are in this way worsening an already bad situation by potentially putting themselves in harms way in event of reprisals.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by JastSiryin(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Nigeria is a funny country. Some one comes to your farm and destroy your crops using his cow...and this is called herdmen-farmers dispute. I don't understand. If somebody breaks into my house and destroy my property and eat my food that is called trespassing and destruction of property. Nigerians there is nothing like herdsmen-farmers dispute. Dispute suggests there is a confusion on the ownership of the farm. There is none. The farm belongs to the farmer not the herdsmen. The herdsmen are committing crimes all over Nigerian and should be arrested and prosecuted. The job of the Nigerian police is to protect Nigerian lives and property. The police should be arresting the herdsmen for destroying people's farms. The police are not doing their jobs hence the youths are taking it upon themselves to protect the farms.
You're a really sensible guy. Best thing I've read so far

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by sunday0707(m): 8:33am On Jan 16, 2020
NaMeAboki:

Why bother chasing them away and risking physical conflict when you could have easily resolved the problem by obliterating their cows by remote control with lightning - instead of resorting to self help and now have to be sleeping with one eye open in case of reprisal?
who is sleeping with one eye closed. They should have waited instead of running away. Why didn't they revenged their struck dead cows. Aboki go and read about Ijare and you would realize this is not a community where u can destroy their farms and go Scot free. Let them think of attacking the town and Ijare will show you the stuff we are made of. Mind you this is not chest beating

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by SuperBlack: 8:53am On Jan 16, 2020
IamPatriotic:
The beautiful thing about Ondo is that we don't share borders with any Fulani state, the marauding herders would be delt with appreciately and they won't have any chance of revenge.

Lol, Fear fear
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by oxygenlove(m): 9:17am On Jan 16, 2020
mjbaba:
If the Ondo people know what is good for them, they shouldn't touch those cows.

Just allow the Fulani people come and claim them and leave peacefully.

Those guys are very unforgiving and ruthless if anything happens to their cattle.
why ddnt they revenge when thunder fire their cow last year

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Ofemannnu: 9:40am On Jan 16, 2020
NaMeAboki:

You are free to create laws to ban open grazing and follow the said law accordingly; but communities are not at liberty to take the law into their hands by resorting to self help, as in this case, by chasing anybody away or holding their cattle ransome.
The community are in this way worsening an already bad situation by potentially putting themselves in harms way in event of reprisals.

You have consistently been harping on this reprisal in all your comments.Pls,sir bring on your reprisal. Hope you are coming in the dead of the night or any suitable time you deem fit.Just be very well prepared and make sure you watch over your numerous enclaves properly.You are welcome anytime.A tiger does not shout its tigritude.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by Ofemannnu: 9:42am On Jan 16, 2020
sunday0707:
who is sleeping with one eye closed. They should have waited instead of running away. Why didn't they revenged their struck dead cows. Aboki go and read about Ijare and you would realize this is not a community where u can destroy their farms and go Scot free. Let them think of attacking the town and Ijare will show you the stuff we are made of. Mind you this is not chest beating

Leave the Aboki Coward.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by ebby9z(m): 10:06am On Jan 16, 2020
Must you people turn every thread to Igbo VS Yoruba fight?
I don't think anybody in their right senses would be doing that.

It's either someone is paying you guys or you've simply run absolutely mad.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by olax02(m): 10:10am On Jan 16, 2020

Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by dashpee: 10:32am On Jan 16, 2020
PapaBaby:
Wait for the reprisals.
you sounds like a Fulani man, sorry you are already a failure
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by newdawn2017(f): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
RichDad1:

And your Eze Ndigbo and kinsmen were flog like primary school children in Akure? cheesy cheesy cheesy
unfortunately for u, I am from SS tongue pls quote easterners here.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by RichDad1(m): 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
newdawn2017:
unfortunately for u, I am from SS tongue pls quote easterners here.
Now that makes matter worse. The same SS that your Governor was lambasting your royal fathers like kindergarten kids? cheesy Any self respect human being would have walked away talk less of traditional rulers.
That to me is the height of cowardice and low self esteem. cool cool
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by NaMeAboki: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ofemannnu:

You have consistently been harping on this reprisal in all your comments.Pls,sir bring on your reprisal. Hope you are coming in the dead of the night or any suitable time you deem fit.Just be very well prepared and make sure you watch over your numerous enclaves properly.You are welcome anytime.A tiger does not shout its tigritude.

I have no personal interest in this matter; just stating the obvious; however you are free to take it anyhow you like it.
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by NaMeAboki: 3:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
sunday0707:

I am not familiar with this your Ijare; though I presume it is some kind of juju; perhaps you may be kind enough to explain.

If however; it is what I presumed it is; then why can't you ppl use it to cleanly resolve the problem - hope you get my drift?
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by sunday0707(m): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2020
NaMeAboki:

I am not familiar with this your Ijare; though I presume it is some kind of juju; perhaps you may be kind enough to explain.

If however; it is what I presumed it is; then why can't you ppl use it to cleanly resolve the problem - hope you get my drift?
You are an aboki right, you can put a call across to the miyetti Allah president in Ondo State and ask him about the night of ijare in terms of protecting it's indigene and resources.

And please do advise him to tell them to reprise. That will be the end of Aboki's in ijare if not Ondo State. We are peace loving people and I know slot of hausa/ Fulani in Ijare the ones who even speak our dialect. But when you take our accommodating for granted and decides fighting us that will be the end.

Pls don't forget to tell them to reprise
Re: Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives by ilevic(m): 5:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
PapaBaby:

Tell that to the gun totting herdsmen when they arrive, good luck to you.

Fear those ijare guys. That's the same community where thunder killed several cows

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Array Of Cars (Photos, Video) / The Parents Of Oshiomhole's Wife, Lara Fortes (Photo) / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77