Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

My Employer Want My BVN - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Employer Want My BVN (3869 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Employer Want My BVN by geunik(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2020
I work with a company. Recently they wants all staffs to submit their BVN. There was no explanation as to why they want it. Others have sent theirs. I want to know if this is right, the risk or the kind of questions should ask and answers to expect before I proceed. I need urgent answers
Re: My Employer Want My BVN by PatrickOkunima(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
There's no risk in sharing your BVN. If you want mine, I can give it to you right-away. What you should never disclose is your ATM card PIN, or mobile banking PIN or any other kind of PIN or password. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Want My BVN by dawnomike(m): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
geunik:
I work with a company. Recently they wants all staffs to submit their BVN. There was no explanation as to why they want it. Others have sent theirs. I want to know if this is right, the risk or the kind of questions should ask and answers to expect before I proceed. I need urgent answers
It is wrong in every way... But i guess you have no choice but to tender yours though
Re: My Employer Want My BVN by extremelygolden: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
It is not right at all.
Re: My Employer Want My BVN by ubcandid(m): 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
I think they want to use it to track other accounts their employee's may have, in the case of diversion of funds. If they can do that, it would be with the help of the CBN arm in charge of BVN, which i think is illegal. But illegal is legal in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Want My BVN by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2020
geunik:

Thanks for sharing

However what sort of "urgent answers" are you looking for?

It isn't clear from what you wrote how long you've been with the company. Is this their normal way of introducing "policies"? What's your relationship with the company's "management"?

Also it isn't clear what you want to do:

Do you want to submit your BVN like everyone else and you are looking for support? Or do you want to withhold yours and you need reasons to back you up?

With that said, you cannot be blamed for having doubts about the exercise.

I can't see any reason why your employer will need your Bank Verification Number

Thanks again

1 Like

Re: My Employer Want My BVN by geunik(m): 11:38pm On Jan 15, 2020
alignacademy:

Thanks for sharing

However what sort of "urgent answers" are you looking for?

It isn't clear from what you wrote how long you've been with the company. Is this their normal way of introducing "policies"? What's your relationship with the company's "management"?
They introduce policy without formal procedure. I joined very recent. As for relationship, management don't like anyone questioning their authority. Technically a one man business

Also it isn't clear what you want to do:

Do you want to submit your BVN like everyone else and you are looking for support? Or do you want to withhold yours and you need reasons to back you up?
If it is safe to give it to them, I will gladly do. I only want to know if there is any negative effect in giving it out and how bad it could be. If it is risky with evidence, I won't give them

With that said, you cannot be blamed for having doubts about the exercise.

I can't see any reason why your employer will need your Bank Verification Number

Thanks again
Thanks for your time. My bank called and ask me to ask them what they need it for. The only reason they felt they may need it for isif they want to create a new account for me whicj is not
Re: My Employer Want My BVN by Nobody: 4:58am On Jan 16, 2020
geunik:

Thanks for your time. My bank called and ask me to ask them what they need it for. The only reason they felt they may need it for isif they want to create a new account for me whicj is not

Thanks for your response

Always be polite to the one-man management.

Make sure you meet - and even exceed - your quotas so there is no excuse found for any funny decisions by the business owner.

And if you are good at what you do, you could also keep an eye open for other options

Thanks again

(1) (Reply)

Ghanian Cedis And Naira Which Is More Valuable. / Top 15 News And Blog Websites In Nigeria Powered By Wordpress / Buying And Reselling Domain Names, The Best Internet Business Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.