Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,092 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election (56661 Views)

Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election / Okorocha Dares Ihedioha On Arrest Order / Peter Obi Advises IMO State Governor, Ihedioha On 4 Dangers Ahead Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by wunmi590(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
cool
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Qadaffi2idiamin: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
Buhari looking for where to implement RUGA in the East.

Buhari playing Anubis the sun god

Imam malam aboki terrorist Tanko Mohammed playing marine spirit..

APC playing demons grin

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 15, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
Chop Your Loss.And Get Away, Idiat!
biko ji ri nwa yo. Ona ga ulo .
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by LAguy(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
Armaggedon:
Divine Judgement is coming.
God might be silent but doesn't take kindly to the actions of those whose abuse his name.
After after round one, original Panadol extra o tun gbeede. Gbam.

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by babyfaceafrica: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2020
MNDY:

Pls, let's not continue with this mentality.
PDP was bad we know.
But APC came with a promise of Change to make things better. But unfortunately, things have become worse than PDP.
APC na betrayal of trust.

Lolz.. Promise of change ké?.. Bàbá all that one na scam.. Pdp and Apc are the same
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by realstars: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
Something told me he is a good man, this is the beginning of the suffering of imolite

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Eteka1(m): 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
You did not mention that you demolished a lot of things built by your predecessor.

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by LadySarah: 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2020
helinues:
Shortest term governor in Nigeria

What of Omehia Celestine of Rivers then
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2020
Was watching 'Democracy today' on AIT with Ijeoma Osamor...and there were three panelists...an APC man, PDP man and a lawyer(for the legal mumbo jumbo).

Anyway, the lawyer's analysis of the judgement was that it hinged on whether the results that were cancelled and then uncancelled by the Supreme Court were legit or not...and since they were signed by the returning officer...they were legit.

When PDP tried to allege the results were forged....the fact of the matter was that they had been signed by the INEC officials on ground was the matter.

What the judgement reveals for me is that INEC is really in a mess. And to be frank, we need electronic voting in this country. No more paper voting.

Also, PDP should have gone with a better strategy. The lawyer pointed out that once PDP alleged the results were forged...the burden of proof was on them to show how they had been forged, and also whether elections took place in the units or not. PDP could not prove that elections did not hold in the said units..and INEC was forced to admit that its officials did verify the results...in line with the electoral act.

Yes, the number of accredited voters was less than the actual vote...but unfortunately, the APC counsel in essence played the game well...by making the case all about autheiticity of results....and in the process managed to make Imo SIEC look very foolish.

All in all, the problem with Nigeria is simple. We are not ready to conduct free and fair elections in this country. Until Nigerians are ready to conduct free and fair eelctions, we can put angels in charge of INEC...and the same old story will happen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by MolarT(m): 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
helinues:

Andy Ubah governed for 2 weeks naa..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by CsRockefeller(m): 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
I used to think like Dr Achebe that Leadership is Nigeria's biggest challenge. Of recent, with comments that have followed the Supreme Court judgement of IMO State, I am convinced that we have a bigger problem with followership.

I will now prepare myself, APC must not meet me here in 2023.

This country has no hope and I won't sacrifice a good life on the mantra that "e go better"

If you have an opportunity to leave, do so. Obama's father left Kenya and Barrack became President ahead of the Jackson's and the Martin Luthers of this World.

The choice is yours, life or death? But, I beg you, choose life, leave while there is still time.

10 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by chukwuibuipob: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
sad NOISE MAKER grin grin
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by mcjohny(m): 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
Radio Biafra tonight was hot
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Humbledpie: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
helinues:
The constitution does not recognize him as a governor...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by bluefilm: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2020
Nonsense. angry
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Humbledpie: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2020
MolarT:

Andy Ubah governed for 2 weeks naa..
Rivers state has the shortest term governor...Celestine Omehia
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by ItooWorWor(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
Emeka Ihedioha try to address the press grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by youngestuk(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
MNDY:

Pls, let's not continue with this mentality.
PDP was bad we know.
But APC came with a promise of Change to make things better. But unfortunately, things have become worse than PDP.
APC na betrayal of trust.

Bros leave this people make them Dey talk up and down. Nah the masses Dey spoil the country. I Dey surprised say people Dey support this action of the Supreme Court. Nah wah ooo
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Odunolumide(m): 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2020
StarUp:
That's Imolite's headache...

In case you are not yet married, these are the revised Bachelor rankings recently released by gender ministry.

18 - 22 years - Bachelor I
23 - 26 years - Bachelor 2
27 - 29 years- Senior Bachelor
30 - 33 years- Principal Bachelor
34 - 37 years - Deputy Chief Bachelor
38 - 40 years- Chief Bachelor
41 - 48 years- Bachelor General
49 - 53 years- Supreme Bachelor
54years and above........ Field Marshall

Bachelors must know their ranks.

time still dey now....I wan be the first African field Marshal
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Exmilitant(m): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
helinues:
omehia of rivers state had the shortest term: may 30th 2007-oct 2007...

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Zaheertyler(m): 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
EkelediliBuhari:
Ihedioha might claim he didn't have a chance to effect change. He had a few months, all he did was chase shadows... He didn't initiate any capital project, now his time is done and nothing to show for it.

Opportunity truly favors the prepared.

Luck is preparedness meeting opportunity...
Stop saying what you dont know
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
Gwilym:
Was watching 'Democracy today' on AIT with Ijeoma Osamor...and there were three panelists...an APC man, PDP man and a lawyer(for the legal mumbo jumbo).

Anyway, the lawyer's analysis of the judgement was that it hinged on whether the results that were cancelled and then uncancelled by the Supreme Court were legit or not...and since they were signed by the returning officer...they were legit.

When PDP tried to allege the results were forged....the fact of the matter was that they had been signed by the INEC officials on ground was the matter.

What the judgement reveals for me is that INEC is really in a mess. And to be frank, we need electronic voting in this country. No more paper voting.

Also, PDP should have gone with a better strategy. The lawyer pointed out that once PDP alleged the results were forged...the burden of proof was on them to show how they had been forged, and also whether elections took place in the units or not. PDP could not prove that elections did not hold in the said units..and INEC was forced to admit that its officials did verify the results...in line with the electoral act.

Yes, the number of accredited voters was less than the actual vote...but unfortunately, the APC counsel in essence played the game well...by making the case all about autheiticity of results....and in the process managed to make Imo SIEC look very foolish.

All in all, the problem with Nigeria is simple. We are not ready to conduct free and fair elections in this country. Until Nigerians are ready to conduct free and fair eelctions, we can put angels in charge of INEC...and the same old story will happen.

Respect Sir.

Your submission is very objective and extremely brilliant. The NIGERIAN legal system is an adverserial system and not inquisitive. The jury does not make investigations or go beyond the confines of the court to find evidence in the adverserial system practiced by common law states. If it were a civil law and inquisitorial system , we'd have every reason to fault that judgement.

In Nigeria, the bench adjudicates based on the statements of claim and defence submitted by parties. A judge who witnessed someone kill his son cannot convict the murderer without substantial proof beyond reasonable doubt. If he appears as a witness, he cannot be the judge.

That's one tenet of our legal system. It's even worse when the high court strikes out a case where the plaintiff had enough revelant and admissible evidence and all the plaintiff has to appeal up to the supreme Court is not Whether he had a good case but whether his case was void because he filed his statement of claim one hour later than the stipulated time.

On the second part of your comment, the solution is rechecking Nigeria's value system and a total overhaul of the country's orientation which seem almost impossible and a potentially fruitless mission.

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by akdjr(m): 9:41pm On Jan 15, 2020
The Divine judgement is what I said will happen to PDP when they chased us away from coalition center ingo the Catholic cementery just to perfect result in INEC office then in Edo state during 2003 general election that was declared "Do or Die Affair" by the now revered party until mighty Oshio Baba came to sweep them away from my state and made the most powerful of the party irrelevant in politics till he join his ancestors. quote author=hammerF post=85829560]
DELAY IS NOT DENIAL.

APC IS A PARTY DESTINED TO BE DOOMED.

IHEDIOHA, U ALREADY WON OUR HEARTS.

2023, WE ARE BEHIND U.[/quote]
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by hammerF: 9:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
[s][quote author=akdjr post=85830422]The Divine judgement is what I said will happen to PDP when they chased us away from coalition center ingo the Catholic cementery just to perfect result in INEC office then in Edo state during 2003 general election that was declared "Do or Die Affair" by the now revered party until mighty Oshio Baba came to sweep them away from my state and made the most powerful of the party irrelevant in politics till he join his ancestors. quote author=hammerF post=85829560]
[/s]

OK!

I HOPE U DONT SUPPORT JUDICIAL RAPE?

THERE IS NOTHING DIVINE ABOUT THE ONGOING RAPE OF OUR JUDICIARY.
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Kingstanding: 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Armaggedon:
God might be silent but doesn't take kindly to the actions of those whose abuse his name.
If that should be the case God will first take action against fake pastors calling themselves men of God. If you people are not satisfied with the judgement if supreme Court you can go to court of......... I rest my case. You people should blame pdp, when the satanic party pdp was using it power you people were shouting pdp Power enjoy your power now.
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by VIRGINlabia(m): 9:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

Onye apari

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
ImoFirstBorn:
STATEMENT FROM HIS EXCELLENCY, RT. HON. EMEKA IHEDIOHA, CON, ON THE SUPREME COURT RULING ON IMO STATE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION OF THE MARCH 9, 2019.

JANUARY 15, 2020

My dear good people of Imo State,
I address you today, following recent developments affecting our dear state, and in particular the Supreme Court judgement of 14thJanuary 2020.In my relationship with you as Governor of Imo , I had employed regular consultations and dialogue as a tool of political discourse. This informs this course of action.

2. I am reporting back to you our great Imo people on the fate of the mandate you freely gave to me as Governor and Engr. Gerald Irona as Deputy Governor. This mandate has now been truncated and cut short by the Supreme Court, in contravention of the will of the people.

3. We shall always cherish the tremendous goodwill and support you gave us as we grappled with setting up a new administration to rebuild a state that was devastated by bad governance.

4. In the last seven months we sought to elevate merit, unity of purpose, honesty, transparency and an inclusive approach to governance, as the hallmarks of our administration. We sought to restore once again, the pride and dignity of Imo people. We worked very hard to re-engineer the Imo renaissance. But God knows why he has allowed this current state of affairs.

5. No doubt, yesterday’s Supreme Court verdict, came to us as a rude shock and surprise considering the facts on ground, legal precedence and clear verdict of Imo People on March 9 2019, that returned me as Governor with the highest valid votes of 273,404.

6. I do not agree with the judgement of the Supreme Court. I think it is unfair, unjust and does not reflect the voting that took place during the elections. It also didn’t take care of the sensibilities of the people of Imo State. But as true democrats, Engr Gerald Irona and I have no option but to respect the outcome of that judgement.

7. Consequently, we have put machinery in motion to hand-over the reins of office to the APC Candidate as the the next governor of Imo State. This will be coordinated by the Secretary to the State Government. I therefore direct all members of Imo State Expanded Executive Council, and all political appointees to write their handing-over notes and to return all government properties in their custody, forthwith. I shall not be party to pilfering of Government property or funds.

8. May we use this opportunity to express our gratitude to God for the opportunity to serve, within the short period he granted us. We sincerely appreciate you for all your solidarity and goodwill. We would forever cherish and treasure your love, your trust and your partnership. We made our mark. Rebuilding our dear state is neither easy nor personal, but a task undertaken for our today and tomorrow.

9. I thank you all for your support which saw us achieve so much and reversed the negative trajectory of Imo State within a space of seven months. It is significant to note that Imo State was looking good again. We were declared the least corrupt State in the Country, the fastest state growing economy in Nigeria and the most improved, in terms of the deployment of Information Technology in service delivery. Our infrastructure was significantly coming to life, civil servants and pensioners were now being paid as and when due and optimism returned to Imo State. It is on record that we were acclaimed as the most sports and diaspora friendly state. Most importantly we returned life and activities to our local governments. Yes we had good plans to make Imo the centre piece of commerce, industry, technology, tourism by providing good leadership and first class infrastructure. Under our watch, Imo became safe with our systematic approach to securing lives and property.

10. All these were made possible by your prayers, support and sacrifices. I therefore appeal to all Imolites, especially our teeming supporters to remain calm and to shun any action that is capable of resulting in a breach of the peace. We can always have different parties, but we would have only one Imo State. In the same vein, I urge you to extend to my successor, the same support you gave to me. It is my wish that he will continue on the path we had set for the rebuilding of our state as well as consolidate on the progress and milestones we achieved.

11. It is incontrovertible that we ran a good race, fought tough battles, (including, principalities and powers)and governed the state well, with the fear of God, accountability, transparency and entrenched due process. We, however, take solace in the book of Ecclesiastics 3:1, “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven”.

12. We step aside with implicit faith in the Sovereign Lord who reigns over the affairs of men.

13. Thank you.
Imo bu nke anyi.

Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmekaIhedioha/status/1217509691917508612

I heard that you wept. Pele! Jesus Christ also wept at the tomb of Lazarus. Such is life. All your initial gra gra has ended. Go and manage the little money your have siphoned for yourself and your family. And if you can bless me with some money, I wouldn't mind.
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Armaggedon:

Bros , Let us leave God out of this... lol this is Nigeria.. e don tey wey God don dey watch us .. but His Will surely come pass. Na the same God Hope Uzodinma dey worship
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Destined2win: 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:
You deserve a heavy knock on your head.
Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2020
StarUp:
That's Imolite's headache...

In case you are not yet married, these are the revised Bachelor rankings recently released by gender ministry.

18 - 22 years - Bachelor I
23 - 26 years - Bachelor 2
27 - 29 years- Senior Bachelor
30 - 33 years- Principal Bachelor
34 - 37 years - Deputy Chief Bachelor
38 - 40 years- Chief Bachelor
41 - 48 years- Bachelor General
49 - 53 years- Supreme Bachelor
54years and above........ Field Marshall

Bachelors must know their ranks.

Who put you in this craze. ? Does this make sense? Your mate Hanan buhari dey fly private jet, you dey here dey mumu yourself

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by OdefaGirl(f): 9:51pm On Jan 15, 2020
Not from that state though, but I love this man....
Look at that part that says..." We might be in different parties but we only have one Imo" that's a sensible one.
Wish you the very best in your future endeavors Sir....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sadiq Suleiman, Former Buharist Apologises And Asks For Forgiveness / Goodluck Jonathan At Port Harcourt International Airport [photos] / EFCC Agents Storm PDP Primary Election Venue (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.