Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,547 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami (27292 Views)

Ultimatum To Herders: SANs Back Akeredolu, Insist Action Not Unconstitutional / Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Sirseedorf(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
Useless and stupid malami
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by DCQuest(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by 2chukwu(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
Movicq:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
Are you kidding me? At your age you are still reciting this....

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by salbis(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
Must they test patience of every Nigerian? When some regions complained about maltreatment, some regions only fold their hands and made gist of them, now na their turn. Dis life na turn by turn!
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Tomide007: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
Since falana has been winning nearly all legal cases against the FG...i"ll pitch my tent with him...not some quack barristers on this page

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by ademasta(m): 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2020
K

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by idonhammer: 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
grin grin grin

ArmaniUhuru:

You are on the wrong thread bros.

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by kharyhordhe(m): 12:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by CharlotteFlair: 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2020
My own is that the proponents of Amotoekun should not leave anything to chance that Malami and his goons can leverage in a court of law.
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by biggy26: 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2020
This naija matter between the oppressors and the oppressed needs to be settled once and for all. And it looks like it's drawing closer!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by masterflowx(m): 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
Whether they like it or not...

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Taba21: 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
plainol:
The moment Miyetti Allah disagreed, I knew those in government will start running helter skelter to please them.

First stage activated, more to follow.

Buhari who mischievously coined the word 'Farmers/Herders clashes' knew what he was doing. He was only trying to turn it to 2 fighting from invasion and land theft.

We may fall into another civil war. Buhari is doing his best to make sure Herdsmen steal as much land as possible during his tenure. He is only setting them up for massacre. A possible genocide loading.

The genocide might not be outright but systemic. That man has sown a seed of hatred for Herdsmen amongst Nigerians.

He wants to install them like the British installed the Isrealis on Palestinians.

Its has happened already the Israelis and Philistines of African.
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Chyka3981: 12:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
I really do not understand what this whole drama is all about. You can not protect us, effort to protect ourselves, becomes a constitutional matter. Nawa o!.......There is God ooooooo!

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by ContractKiller: 12:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
[s]
Blue3k2:
I dont think his argument holds water. The supreme court could rule all these state security agencies are illegal. The sec 214 (1) of the constitution says no other police force can be established. The question is what defines a police force. I think item 68 of exclusive list would give the FG the win in court.

It's not like federal government enforces all the laws it has under its exclusive list like the minimum wage. When states pay dont pay workers the minimum wage who goes to jail or gets fined?

These constitution should just be amended. It seem a majority of states want decentralized policing. It's just as dumb to centralize prisons and fire arms in hands of federal government.

Constitution exclusive list:

2. Arms, ammunition and explosives. 
45. Police and other government security services established by law. 
48. Prisons
68. Any matter incidental or supplementary to any matter mentioned elsewhere in this list.

Section 214. (1) There shall be a police force for Nigeria, which shall be known as the Nigeria Police Force, and subject to the provisions of this section no other police force shall be established for the Federation or any part thereof.
[/s]
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Sirseedorf(m): 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2020
Wish I can set my eyes on that Malami, the attorney general of mumu federation.

I will use this Rock of ages to download sense to his Kunu Head.

Iranu.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Valkrie: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
Blue3k2:
I dont think his argument holds water. The supreme court could rule all these state security agencies are illegal. The sec 214 (1) of the constitution says no other police force can be established. The question is what defines a police force. I think item 68 of exclusive list would give the FG the win in court.

It's not like federal government enforces all the laws it has under its exclusive list like the minimum wage. When states pay dont pay workers the minimum wage who goes to jail or gets fined?

These constitution should just be amended. It seem a majority of states want decentralized policing. It's just as dumb to centralize prisons and fire arms in hands of federal government.

48. Prisons
68. Any matter incidental or supplementary to any matter mentioned elsewhere in this list.

Section 214. (1) There shall be a police force for Nigeria, which shall be known as the Nigeria Police Force, and subject to the provisions of this section no other police force shall be established for the Federation or any part thereof.
federal laws are different from state. The outfit isn't for all Nigerians but for the states in the south west. Once the states assembly endorse it, the federal government doesn't have any power over state laws. Get that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Dpharisee: 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
The support for Amotekun by Igbos is a source of concern for the FG, they thought that since Yorubas oppose Igbo agendas, they can use Igbos to oppose this move but it seems reverse is the case.
The reality is that there is virtually no Yoruba community that you won't find Igbos, if the herdsmen attack, it will also affect them.
Igbo associations in Yorubaland are ready to provide financial and materials support for Amotekun if requested by the Obas.
Igbo business men are waiting for orders to supply Pump Action rifles and even AK 47, we travel a lot, security of Yoruba means security of Igbos. That's how it is

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Antoeni(m): 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2020
Dis Papa Falz sef
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Tomide007: 12:59pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Femi Falana has outgrown his relevance.
He should shove his opinion down his ass.
Very rich coming from an un-known individual

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Slimmieadeola(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
But to be candid with ourselves, we need state policing or local policing sYSTEM IN NIGERIA.
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Tomide007: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2020
fairfora:
federal laws are different from state. The outfit isn't for all Nigerians but for the states in the south west. Once the states assembly endorse it, the federal government doesn't have any power over state laws. Get that.
Actually, federal laws are superior to state laws. but the fact remains that they are a vigilate group and not a police force.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 16, 2020
gunuvi:

At the bolded above, which police arrested the officially recognized police force seen in an hotel last week with some women.
My brother, leave suya for aboki, Amotekun has come to stay. Any Fulani or useless killers will be arrested and prosecuted by our amotekun warriors. Yoruba will no longer be killed like fowl in its lands again. Never again.
Don't mind him with his epistle. That's his opinion anyway, which doesn't count. I'm travelling on Benin asaba expressway right now and we just passed where fulani herdsmen had a field day. We stopped afar, for over 30 minutes to allow them finish with their victims. People told me it's a commonplace here. There was a police check point close to the scene but they couldn't near them. I felt sorry for my country for the first time today. It happened along Benin bypass. Everybody in the vehicle was panicking, including myself. Anyone who says amotekun is illegal needs to be investigated.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
I don't know if amotekun is legal or illegal; firearm dealers gotta sell more guns and more jobs would be created through amotekun....
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2020
Tomide007:

Actually, federal laws are superior to state laws. but the fact remains that they are a vigilate group and not a police force.
they could be superior yes, but state ls too have their laws and state assembly. The vigilante called amotekun arent police. They're to compliment the efforts of the police. They can bear guns but the dane ones and the fed govt or attorney-general knows this. They don't have any case on this. How i wish the operation amotekun or were here a few minutes ago on Benin bypass where herdsmen just had a field day. They'd have dealt with the idiots
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Afolabimills(m): 1:08pm On Jan 16, 2020
Blue3k2:

48. Prisons

Bros this is not police force u hear

Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Ttipsy(f): 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
if a measure taken by the governors to tackle the security challenges facing the region is illegal or unconstitutional,

then Wht do we refer Islamic, shitt or hatbiba police or whatever in Northern part as

misplaced priorities everywhere
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by chukwuibuipob: 1:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
cool K'are omoluabi.Omo k-aro ojire.O seun gan baba Falz L'Ekiti
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by ridwan006(m): 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
We don't need more security forces, we have the army, the police and other paramilitaries... Bleep omotekun, its a trash!
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by madridsta007(m): 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
Blue3k2:

Source: https://punchng.com/amotekun-not-unconstitutional-falana-tackles-malami/amp/

Falana: "“The point I’m making is that the Nigerian state has collapsed; we are deceiving ourselves.

Me: grin grin
Falana let me also say that you are decieving yourself if you think you are not one of the reasons why it collapsed. When you helped bring in a despot in Buhari, what were you thinking would happen?
From Burundi to Zimbabwe to other failed states, dont you know that despots enable the collapse of any nation?
Re: Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami by Hotfreez: 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2020
Tomide007:

Federal laws aren't superior to state laws. The key word is jurisdiction.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Boku: Sodom And Gomorrah In Abuja! / Heavy Deployment Of Soldiers Good For Rivers People – Amaechi / APC Supporters March For Tinubu In Kwale Delta State (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.