Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,102 members, 7,814,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo (32138 Views)

Things That Can Weaken A Man's Erection By Dr Olufunmilayo / No Exercise Or Drug Can Grow The Penis- Dr Olufunmilayo / ‘No Man Can Shift Your Womb’ - Dr Olufunmilayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Roon9(m): 6:11am On Jan 16, 2020
Nice one

Call for our 250,000mAH lithium-ion solar powerbank that could power your TV, laptop, and up to 4 lighting points for up to 10 hours daily.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by zangiff(m): 6:11am On Jan 16, 2020
Great info.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by agarawu23(m): 6:12am On Jan 16, 2020
mabeni:
Thank God I don't take alcohol.
But what do people enjoy in taking alcohol. .... I sees it as a waste of resources.
u see it as a waste of resources because u don't take it. Not taking alcohol doesn't Grant u heaven tongue nobody holy.

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by tyson99(m): 6:18am On Jan 16, 2020
mabeni:
Thank God I don't take alcohol.
But what do people enjoy in taking alcohol. .... I sees it as a waste of resources.
U wey no waste resources, wetin u don achieve

4 Likes

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by AntiChristian: 6:19am On Jan 16, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr

Life without alcohol is dog shiitt

I can't go a day without two to three bottles of Heineken

That sweet moment when Jennifer is sitting close to you while taking Smirnoff with cat fish and you as a real niggarrr you are burning the Heineken with your smoke( weed or cigeratte)

Women, wine and weed! RIP!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by tyson99(m): 6:20am On Jan 16, 2020
showafrica:

What pple enjoy? Have you taken cat fish and chilled Heineken after hot day work? Then the highness that makes you forget who the current president is through out the day. Something must kill a man sha
Bro.... u just spoke abt my normal daily routine grin

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Youngsage: 6:24am On Jan 16, 2020
bukkielee:
Please where can I get a free health check/scan.
I am beginning to feel pain and sensations in several parts of my abdomen. Please help, it's urgent.

Go to any general Hospital near you
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by nwamabo247(m): 6:25am On Jan 16, 2020
Health is wise
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Skmoda360(m): 6:26am On Jan 16, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Wowwwwww.thanks for the information.some even swallow drugs with alcohol or soft drinks instead of water.its is well
Don't say or soft drink....is it the same content that we have inside soft drinks also inside alcohols?....abeg edit your post jawre...

Some doctor will tell you to use Coke or 7up to take some certain drugs....

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Wettoid123: 6:31am On Jan 16, 2020
Very expository and I begin to wonder why some people use alcohol to take drugs me in particular use 33lager beer to drink paracetamol just yesterday, ignorance is as good as death.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by showafrica(m): 6:32am On Jan 16, 2020
tyson99:

Bro.... u just spoke abt my normal daily routine grin

Lol, hope you have hot babe or wife wey dey receive your blessings after the buzz? Life is sweet if small.change dey pocket.

3 Likes

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Randy100: 6:32am On Jan 16, 2020
It takes Metronidazole about 44 hours to be eliminated from the body, how did he come up with 3 days?

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Ikpongiton: 6:33am On Jan 16, 2020
what of tramadol and alcohol?another fake prophesy
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by tyson99(m): 6:35am On Jan 16, 2020
showafrica:

Lol, hope you have hot babe or wife wey dey receive your blessings after the buzz? Life is sweet if small.change dey pocket.
Yes na Friday tinz babe must dey, she go chop point and kill and just go home like that Mo way!

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by riczy(m): 6:40am On Jan 16, 2020
D only side effect wen alcohol is co-administerd with flagyl is disulfram-like effect. Which is nt as fatal as Mr advicer thinks! Exaggeration!
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Teespice(f): 6:52am On Jan 16, 2020
My brother confirmed this. it is also known as Disulfiram Reaction.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by paparazi1(m): 6:53am On Jan 16, 2020
knowhowk:
A medical doctor has warned that taking alcohol with Flagyl could lead to death. He added that taking the alcohol even hours or a few days after taking Flagyl could have devastating side effects.

@DrOlufunmilayo tweeted: “I just read of a man who was accused of murder of his 31year old female partner. On doing autopsy: It was found she had very high levels of alcohol and Flagyl in her system which caused her heart to have an irregular beat that killed her. Lesson: NEVER TAKE ALCOHOL WITH FLAGYL.”

He added: “Doctors generally ALWAYS say you must stay away from alcohol while taking any medications. But Flagyl- wether as tablets or as cream- is known to be quite notorious when used together with alcohol, or within 3 days of drinking alcohol. It can cause very dangerous side effects.

“The interesting thing is people generally don’t even know when they do these things. Sometimes you take the Flagyl in the afternoon/evening and later at night go to party at a club and take alcohol- forgetting totally you took Flagyl earlier in the day. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS.

“As a matter of fact, the standard medical advice is even that you should stay away FOR 3 DAYS after finishing the Flagyl before you even go near alcohol at all. It can damage your liver, ruin your heart, cause you serious stomach upset, give you irregular heartbeat and kill you.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1217459737874309125?
Thank you sir, pls tell them if they will hear.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by showafrica(m): 6:54am On Jan 16, 2020
tyson99:

Yes na Friday tinz babe must dey, she go chop point and kill and just go home like that Mo way!

grin grin
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by flejnr2(f): 6:56am On Jan 16, 2020
Me if I am purging and have beer appointment ., I take flagyl and we move ... no be today doc

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by ejimatic: 6:56am On Jan 16, 2020
knowhowk:
A medical doctor has warned that taking alcohol with Flagyl could lead to death. He added that taking the alcohol even hours or a few days after taking Flagyl could have devastating side effects.

@DrOlufunmilayo tweeted: “I just read of a man who was accused of murder of his 31year old female partner. On doing autopsy: It was found she had very high levels of alcohol and Flagyl in her system which caused her heart to have an irregular beat that killed her. Lesson: NEVER TAKE ALCOHOL WITH FLAGYL.”

He added: “Doctors generally ALWAYS say you must stay away from alcohol while taking any medications. But Flagyl- wether as tablets or as cream- is known to be quite notorious when used together with alcohol, or within 3 days of drinking alcohol. It can cause very dangerous side effects.

“The interesting thing is people generally don’t even know when they do these things. Sometimes you take the Flagyl in the afternoon/evening and later at night go to party at a club and take alcohol- forgetting totally you took Flagyl earlier in the day. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS.

“As a matter of fact, the standard medical advice is even that you should stay away FOR 3 DAYS after finishing the Flagyl before you even go near alcohol at all. It can damage your liver, ruin your heart, cause you serious stomach upset, give you irregular heartbeat and kill you.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1217459737874309125?
. High level of alcohol....too much alcohol ...This our problem in Nigeria.Usually there is drug interaction with alcohol if taken together .That is why if you want to take alcohol with a drug a little quantity is needed not four bottles or three bottles. Additionally people 's reactions to drugs differs from one another. As for Flaggy it is taken when a person has stomach upset which is caused by Hepatis A.With Flagy and body immunity the virus contracted from infected food and fruit will be flushed out of the system.If Flagy which is like antibiotics is taken with HIGH LEVEL or TOO MUCH alcohol there could be some side effects.So if there is a need to take alcohol a little quantity will suffice.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by sofiscatedmoron: 6:58am On Jan 16, 2020
yes na
just putting a slight alchohol in ur mouth without swallowing it can cause serious problem if you have flagyl in your body
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by YorubaLord: 7:03am On Jan 16, 2020
Trial and error 9ja Doctors. I'll wait to hear from the real Int'l community on this before taking it serious.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by sofiscatedmoron: 7:03am On Jan 16, 2020
bukkielee:
Please where can I get a free health check/scan.
I am beginning to feel pain and sensations in several parts of my abdomen. Please help, it's urgent.
std
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by sofiscatedmoron: 7:05am On Jan 16, 2020
adecz:

Any scientific study to support
this ridiculous story? angry angry angry

Next dem go talk say suya with
Star™ or Gulder™ is poisonous,
its online,, go check it,,
even scientists cant explain the enemity between flagyl and alchohol
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Godsonkemz(m): 7:14am On Jan 16, 2020
Expository writing.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by xcabczyxabczzzz: 7:24am On Jan 16, 2020
Azmanaty:
Who takes Nigerian scientists serious?? Abegii
Lol say na "Lesson". Instead of him to carry a research and publish it on peer review journal, but no he decided to post his suspicion on the Internet like every other idiot out there.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Figger(m): 7:37am On Jan 16, 2020
quite informative
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
Stop drinking alcohol!
Neverrr

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by KingAzari: 7:39am On Jan 16, 2020
I usually take flagyl with stout when I have running stomach and it always worked like magic in taming my slippery stomach. So what is this one saying or stout no be alcohol?
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Benjakido: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2020
LIMITING THE RISK

The following definitions of low-risk limits were published by the Department of Mental Health and Substance Dependence of the World Health Organization. Low risk does not mean no risk. Individual reactions to alcohol vary.

▪ No more than two standard drinks a day*

▪ On at least two days of the week, do not drink

In the following circumstances, even one or two drinks can be too much:

▪ When driving or operating machinery

▪ When pregnant or breast-feeding

▪ When taking certain medications

▪ When you have certain medical conditions

▪ If you cannot control your drinking

[Footnote]

One standard drink equals 0.35 ounce [10g] of alcohol per unit or per glass.

[Credit Line]

Source: Brief Intervention for Hazardous and Harmful Drinking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transformation Of Cameroonian Girl With Bow Legs Called A 'Witch' (Photo) / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Imo (Graphic Photo) / UK Revokes Doctor Oluwafemi Tijion Esho License Over Sex For Free Botox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.