Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo (32147 Views)

Things That Can Weaken A Man's Erection By Dr Olufunmilayo / No Exercise Or Drug Can Grow The Penis- Dr Olufunmilayo / ‘No Man Can Shift Your Womb’ - Dr Olufunmilayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Vainglory: 7:46am On Jan 16, 2020
Big Lie. I have been doing it for years and nothing has happened. In fact after every night out drinking beer and eating suya, I must drink flagyl to avoid stomach upsets. The other day one Nigerian doctor said it is deadly to drink fanta and vitamin C. It is only in Nigeria we hear these fables.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by isa6namo(m): 7:49am On Jan 16, 2020
Na by force to take am?
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by bezimo(m): 7:51am On Jan 16, 2020
Flagyl is for running stomach and purging..how can someone take Alcohol in that condition..dem swear with drink for that person..Lol
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Openbusiness: 7:52am On Jan 16, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Wowwwwww.thanks for the information.some even swallow drugs with alcohol or soft drinks instead of water.its is well
I take my medicines with cold malt drinks (amstel or malta guiness) and if I can't get any, I take it with fanta. Done it most of my life. Never had any problem. Or you want me to take antimalarial with water, so that the after taste of the drugs can kill me huh? Some of us are allergic to the smell and taste of drugs and take malt drinks to eliminate or suppress it.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Babysheart(f): 7:54am On Jan 16, 2020
Another nonsense advice backed by no research.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by ashantitope: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2020
Did you know I did this yesterday night embarassed after I leave office I hangout with my friends on getting home after eating my wife remind me of my drugs and I took it not even remember am still on drugs
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by isamoore(m): 7:59am On Jan 16, 2020
ikorodureporta:

no mind d nonsense adviser

thank u no mind dis non op wen no knw anything, no be d same red n yellow capsule with alcohol dem take dy do agbo wen pple dy drink daily why full nigeria never die
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Openbusiness: 8:00am On Jan 16, 2020
Vainglory:
Big Lie. I have been doing it for years and nothing has happened. In fact after every night out drinking beer and eating suya, I must drink flagyl to avoid stomach upsets. The other day one Nigerian doctor said it is deadly to drink fanta and vitamin C. It is only in Nigeria we hear these fables.
And these 9ja doctors never have any proven scientific research or clinical experiments to back it up. All they use to back up their claims are unsubstantiated stories, hearsays and fables cheesy
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by AfroKnight: 8:10am On Jan 16, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Na only Nigerian doctors dey discover all these nonsense. Don't eat suya e fit give you cancel , no use the spice of indomie cook, you go die. Don't eat excess rice it affects the heart. Quacks.

Lol. This person you’re call a quack is practising medicine in the UK, not naija here where you can forge certificates, work for years and collect pension.

The last person you want to argue health topics with is a doctor. Take the advice. At least the break is just 3 days. Staying away from alcohol for 3 days in not a big deal if you’re not an alcoholic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by AreaFada2: 8:10am On Jan 16, 2020
mabeni:
Thank God I don't take alcohol.
But what do people enjoy in taking alcohol. .... I sees it as a waste of resources.
Alcohol has been used since millenia. At some point when water quality was poor, alcohol like beer or palm wine were by far the safest to drink.

It is abuse or excess that is the problem. Herbal medicines were often preserved using alcohol as as solvent to release the active ingredients.

It is the abuse of alcohol that is the main problem. Alcohol is medicinal and can be used to relax. It doesn't have to be to get high. A normal drinker can easy avoid alcohol for a week or two during his course of medication.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by KingAzubuike(f): 8:13am On Jan 16, 2020
AfroKnight:

Lol. This person you’re call a quack is practising medicine in the UK, not naija here where you can forge certificates, work for years and collect pension.

The last person you want to argue health topics with is a doctor. Take the advice. At least the break is just 3 days. Staying away from alcohol for 3 days in not a big deal if you’re not an alcoholic.
Oga keep quiet and stop supporting mediocrity. I said she's a Nigerian doctor you're telling me she's practicing in the UK, does practicing in the UK take the Nigeria away from her? Be careful when you quote people , not everyone accepts bullshit.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Gmajor(m): 8:14am On Jan 16, 2020
MaziRidwan:
Good day/sir
I'm in dire need of your assistance. I'm a serving corp member in Abeokuta posted a ministry. They provide no accommodation nor incentives. We were told to sort accommodation by ourselves. I've been living with a friend for a while who is also a corp member but his landlord has been on his neck that we should vacate because we're about three with him in a single room. I and other corp member has made effort to rent an apartment before the deadline we were given but house is very expensive here. A single room here is about 65k and we only have 40k with us. Pls kindly assist us as you deem fit as we were given till Saturday to pack out.
God bless you.

You can stay at the coppers lodge for the time being until you have enough money to rent your own place.
If you're a Catholic, you can stay with NACC, if you're a protestant, you can stay with NCCF. The Muslims also have their own family house.

While you are staying with them, you can meet your LI or ZI and tell him that you want to be reposted to a PPA that will give you accommodation.

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by immaculate1234(m): 8:16am On Jan 16, 2020
You are telling people the latest way to die abi
No be sniper again na this one
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by AfroKnight: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Oga keep quiet and stop supporting mediocrity. I said she's a Nigerian doctor you're telling me she's practicing in the UK, does practicing in the UK take the Nigeria away from her? Be careful when you quote people , not everyone accepts bullshit.

Lol. And you see why you should not make assumptions on people’s credentials?

Olufunmilayo Harvey is a man. He practises in the UK.

He is not one of your relatives selling drugs for toilet infection in Chisco Luxury buses.

Stop assuming. I see that I should have taken my own advice cos I assumed you had sense but evidently you don’t. Continue to wallow in your ignorance.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by mabeni(m): 8:55am On Jan 16, 2020
agarawu23:
u see it as a waste of resources because u don't take it. Not taking alcohol doesn't Grant u heaven tongue nobody holy.
did I say I am holy? I don't take it because I see nothing in taking it. Why should I be taking what will temporarily turn me to a mad man or a child when high?
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by agarawu23(m): 9:01am On Jan 16, 2020
mabeni:
did I say I am holy? I don't take it because I see nothing in taking it. Why should I be taking what will temporarily turn me to a mad man or a child when high?
we responsible men/guys drink responsibly.....I go to social gathering drink and still drive to my house.

Join me bro grin

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Oblongata: 9:13am On Jan 16, 2020
SouthSouth1914:
Pretty expository! Alcoholics will be disappointed!
disappointed ke? Who flagyl epp?
Na to stop dey take flagyl o
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Nextjones99: 9:15am On Jan 16, 2020
Can I ask of those local doctors that asks us to use Chelsea dry hin to take tetracycline when there is some kind of burning in the third leg?
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by doctokwus: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2020
knowhowk:
A medical doctor has warned that taking alcohol with Flagyl could lead to death. He added that taking the alcohol even hours or a few days after taking Flagyl could have devastating side effects.

@DrOlufunmilayo tweeted: “I just read of a man who was accused of murder of his 31year old female partner. On doing autopsy: It was found she had very high levels of alcohol and Flagyl in her system which caused her heart to have an irregular beat that killed her. Lesson: NEVER TAKE ALCOHOL WITH FLAGYL.”

He added: “Doctors generally ALWAYS say you must stay away from alcohol while taking any medications. But Flagyl- wether as tablets or as cream- is known to be quite notorious when used together with alcohol, or within 3 days of drinking alcohol. It can cause very dangerous side effects.

“The interesting thing is people generally don’t even know when they do these things. Sometimes you take the Flagyl in the afternoon/evening and later at night go to party at a club and take alcohol- forgetting totally you took Flagyl earlier in the day. THIS IS VERY DANGEROUS.

“As a matter of fact, the standard medical advice is even that you should stay away FOR 3 DAYS after finishing the Flagyl before you even go near alcohol at all. It can damage your liver, ruin your heart, cause you serious stomach upset, give you irregular heartbeat and kill you.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrOlufunmilayo/status/1217459737874309125?
Shameful for a Dr to say this.
What is the pathophysiology of flagyl intake after alcohol leading to death?None.
Reason why there is no proper research in this country.Even professionals that should talk as enlightened people with scientific facts,talk like roadside chemists.
Yes,there are serious reactions to the use,but death directly linked to it is being speculative

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Pafexin(m): 9:29am On Jan 16, 2020
bukkielee:
Please where can I get a free health check/scan.
I am beginning to feel pain and sensations in several parts of my abdomen. Please help, it's urgent.

Well, since you didn't specify your location I would advice you go to India. Or better still, Iran. If you prefer Iran, better get there fast before they go to war. Sorry eeenh!
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by doctokwus: 9:30am On Jan 16, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:

Lol say na "Lesson". Instead of him to carry a research and publish it on peer review journal, but no he decided to post his suspicion on the Internet like every other idiot out there.
Some of them give professionals in this part of the world a bad name.
Without any evidence based proof or research,a medical professional,trained in the basics of science will just wake up and pronounce a fatal causative link between 2 products.Who does that except a roadside drug peddler.
If this kind of person were to drop this bull shit even in any form of science journal or magazine,which wouldn't even happen in 10 lifetimes,the kind of bashing d person will receive would make him/her doubt even his/her primary school certificate talkless of medical degree.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Olibboy: 9:31am On Jan 16, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

Be a real niggarrr

Life without alcohol is dog shiitt

I can't go a day without two to three bottles of Heineken

That sweet moment when Jennifer is sitting close to you while taking Smirnoff with cat fish and you as a real niggarrr you are burning the Heineken with your smoke( weed or cigarette)

my guy

1 Like

Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by bukkielee(m): 9:39am On Jan 16, 2020
sofiscatedmoron:

std
quack doctor spotted
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by bukkielee(m): 9:40am On Jan 16, 2020
Pafexin:

Well, since you didn't specify your location I would advice you go to India. Or better still, Iran. If you prefer Iran, better get there fast before they go to war. Sorry eeenh!
Bro why na? I'm in Lagos.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Orokojasper(m): 10:01am On Jan 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
Stop drinking alcohol!

Why pls?
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by wingmanIII: 10:15am On Jan 16, 2020
I am not a doctor,but I dont think everybody will react same to the alcohol/flagyl combo.
I was once given a type of antibiotics by my dentist,the next day I developed rashes all over my body,the rashes stopped when the drug was replaced by another antibiotics type. I guess my system reacted negatively to the first one.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by skare: 10:52am On Jan 16, 2020
I really thank God cos this almost killed me on November.But this quack pharmacist told me I can take alcohol after 2hrs if I want,which I did.I say from that very moment I took that drug and alcohol till now my system have change.i can't even drink up 3 bottles of my Trophy again.in short I have decided to quit taking alcohol.
Re: Alcohol After Taking Flagyl Could Lead To Death - Dr. Olufunmilayo by Kehmi: 11:25am On Jan 16, 2020
Alcohol with any drug is bad. I had alcohol hours after taking aspirin and it almost ended my life. The incident left me with some sort of ear damage. Avoid alcohol completely when on medication.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Transformation Of Cameroonian Girl With Bow Legs Called A 'Witch' (Photo) / Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Imo (Graphic Photo) / Tim Godfrey Healed Of Paralysis After Scientists Told Him His Bones Are Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.