Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers (22664 Views)

500kg Of Cow Tripe (shaki) Needed! / FG Procures N646m Farming Equipments For Farmers In SouthEast / Steps To Increasing Revenue For Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Chayson: 11:59am On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
itsme01:
I know of cow dung
[/s]
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by greygoblings(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
Spray the leaves of your crop with a potent poison. That way, the cows will all die and the herdsmen will never come to your land again. But you will loose your yield for that season anyway...

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by ridwan006(m): 12:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
Fulani's are highest contributors to healthy agriculture in Nigeria
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by itsme01: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
Chayson:
[s][/s]

atleast cow dung is more usefull than Mr Rejected by In law, and Failed Cancelling giftcard beggar grin

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by GIFTMENIGERIA: 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
lol
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by MKULTRA: 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Barb wire fence is the most successful solution
It stopped the wild west cowboys in America from eating farmers crops
which was also similar to this Fulani crises then
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by babythug(f): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Just see what mere cattle rearers want to turn us to in this country!

Look at the OP emphasising on ensuring that no one ie the herders don’t sight the farmer pouring blood on his own farm! What kind of bullying and terrorism is this?

I hope it works as a deterrent for those who get to try it!

5 Likes

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by madgoat(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Lies..... Pure lies grin
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by livebyday(m): 12:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Please spread to word of this to all your friends neighbors and relatives involved in agriculture!!

We need to end farmer herdsmen clashes for good and make these herdsmen invest in proper ranching or watch their cows starve !
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by abjisperson(m): 12:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
use dry grinded pepper...
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Tolulopefinest(m): 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
staga:
I was able to dig up a video on YouTube that seems to back up the OP's formulation. A cow tried to jump this farmer's fence and was injured. Other cows smelled the blood and they got disturbed. See how they run around without eating anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPXZZabsZaE

I Just wasted my data watching this.
What you wrote is totally different from the video you posted.
Please nobody should watch this.

6 Likes

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by money121(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ok
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Openbusiness: 12:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Your methods are too complicated. Just put a pride of grown lions on your farm, 5 males, 6 females, release them at night - problem solved. The cows will never ever come again cheesy
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by unbitchable(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
if this effective method becomes more extensive, the herders would take to kidnapping on full time as a pay back resolve. I see a lot more farmers getting much more enlightened by this piece of information, thus, the more reason Amotekun & other neighbouring security outfits be encouraged to take full effect. if any herders wants pasture, he should pay for it, that's how is being done in saner climes.
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Dhayor001(m): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
My fear, that people not begin to avoid your farm produce thinking you were spraying blood for rituals.

Worth the trying though
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
Starboytwo:
only you all this correct score? Better make your head correct make you no dey go dream mumu dream
bros no harm in trying. am heading to the shop to try with 100 naira.. note, it's correct score, not home win
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Tingotoe: 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
itsme01:

atleast cow dung is more usefull than Mr Rejected by In law, and Failed Cancelling giftcard beggar grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
Starboytwo:
only you all this correct score? Better make your head correct make you no dey go dream mumu dream
bros no harm in trying. am heading to the shop to try with 100 naira.. note, it's correct score, not 1X2.
so the odd is big
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Thegoodone13(m): 12:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
They are many and most of it is from their part. Some, they will die after one hour.
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
this is what I saw in my dreams last night. all correct scores
oh lord are u the one speaking..

no harm in trying o.. let me play it with 200 naira. all correct scores

when I chop, make una no say I no help una o. I Don dey spread the good news

Barcelona 4-0 Granada undecided
Real Madrid 3-1 Seville
Arsenal 3-1 Sheffield
Man city 4-0 crystal palace
Villarreal 2 - 0 espanyol
West Brom 2-0 stoke city

Play with 200 n win
y

When last you treat typhoid fever? undecided
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by neeyor88: 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
You didn't read through!
Get from a nearby abattoir.
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Kayharry(m): 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
The smell of blood can stress cows so watch out for blood from home kills/humane slaughter. Even the smell of blood and bone fertiliser can upset cows. Cows have two to three times as many taste buds as humans and it is believed this helps them avoid eating bitter toxic plants

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Starboytwo(m): 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
bros no harm in trying. am heading to the shop to try with 100 naira.. note, it's correct score, not 1X2.
so the odd is big
I just dey whine you bros, maybe I can do play play carry am, but I will remove that Spanish teams, I have blaclisted them in any of my tickets for life
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by chuka5000(m): 12:23pm On Jan 17, 2020
if SARS see that blood with u.
na human blood Dem go call am o.
ur case will end up in their SARS slaughter house
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
Starboytwo:
I just dey whine you bros, maybe I can do play play carry am, but I will remove that Spanish teams, I have blaclisted them in any of my tickets for life
no wahala Bros.
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Sunisonflex39(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
khristology:
y
When last you treat typhoid fever? undecided
bro, I am not forcing anyone..
people win, people lose
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by BreconHills(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
Jakumo:

During the dry season when smells linger on the dry ground for weeks, these chemical warfare ideas work much better.

Given the enormous scale of the crop damage inflicted by renegade cattle herdsmen and their hungry cows throughout Nigeria and the rest of West Africa, I fully expect there will quite a few very positive reports about the magical effectiveness of this non-confrontational, non-violent cattle-repellent technique, by way of efficacy testimony from farmers who read my recipe here in the Nairaland forums, and decide to give it a try.

If I could find a way to patent or copyright this simple and cheap idea, so as to reap profit from deploying the method in farms ready to pay high consultancy fees, believe me, I would not be detailing the procedure in a public online forum, but, since I see no way to make a fast buck protecting farms in far away Nigeria with my "Secret Ingredient X" modality, I can at least take pleasure in hearing about how delighted farmers are, to have found this easy way to kiss those invading cattle herds goodbye, peacefully and sneakily.

If you can find a way to reduce the blood to biodegradable pellets/tablets would this work? You can patent that. I love when simple ideas scale so fast. Well done.

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
PapalsBull:
How is this true? Has anyone try it?

Not true. It doesn't work. Cattle blood might make them nervous, but not to that extent, and do you know how much blood it will take to adequately cover one acre of land only?

The best way is to fence your land with live fencing, or to approach the herder calmly (without undue aggressiveness) and tell him to move the cattle away from your farm. Most of the time, either the cattle go out of control, or the herdsmen don't know that there is a farm there.. I have farmlands and when I tell them to move their cattle, they usually do so shamefacedly. Contrary to most people's personal beliefs, they don't usually do it deliberately. Fights happen when you pick up your cutlass and start treatening them. We should learn to address others politely, even if they don't have PhDs like we do.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aliko Dangote Endorses D’banj’s “koko Garri” / Garri Ijebu Available 20 paints buckets 53kg ,7000per bag in Lagos / My Maize Farm Journey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.