Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers (22614 Views)

500kg Of Cow Tripe (shaki) Needed! / FG Procures N646m Farming Equipments For Farmers In SouthEast / Steps To Increasing Revenue For Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 6:47am On Jan 16, 2020
So, you are a farmer, whose crops are being destroyed by Fulani herdsmen who drive cattle into your corn fields, or your cassava foliage, while the invaders who wreak all that costly damage simply carry on utterly destroying your livelihood, as though YOUR farmland, belongs to THEM.

As a farmer, perhaps you feed your family, pay your children's school fees, and settle all other bills, PRIMARILY from that farm income, therefore, the sight of strange men and rampaging cattle fills you with rage, and makes you start to contemplate using a weapon, since you are aware that cattle are regarded by the current Nigerian government, as being entitled to eat and destroy all crops they encounter anywhere in Nigeria.

Well, there is indeed a "weapon" that you can use to eliminate that cow damage to your farm completely, and WITHOUT any form of violence likely to occur from either party of this perennial conflict. That weapon, that is 100% guaranteed to place ANY farm on the no-graze list, whereby any cattle that approach the farm from any direction, will instantly turn and flee in terror, never to return.

Cutting to the chase, this final solution to cattle damage of crops, ironically comes from the cows themselves, namely their BLOOD, purchased from the local abattoir fresh in the morning, at prices that are typically quite low and affordable in Nigeria. When you have your fresh cow blood in a container, you must IMMEDIATELY use it on the farm, by sprinkling it on the ground along ALL paths and approaches to your farm, that are likely to be used by invading cattle. Even if you cannot reach the farm before the blood thickens and congeals into a liver-like consistency, it is still usable, and highly effective, though care must be taken to hide ALL visible traces of this highly potent cattle repellent.

The beauty of using cow blood to frighten away cattle, is that NO physical harm is done to the cattle, despite the abject terror that will encourage them to flee in all directions in an utter panic that is typically beyond the means of any herdsman to control. Skeptics reading this very simple procedure, may rightly feel that this idea is unlikely to work, but to those who are doubtful, I only ask that you try this method just once, to see your farm suddenly protected by an INVISIBLE WALL that NO cow will ever dream of crossing.

Currently Nigeria is going through the annual dry season, when there is no rain, and cattle invasions are most rampant, as thousands of cattle herds fan out across the south of the country, so as to feed fat on the crops planted by farmers, very often in the dead of night. Well, that absence of rain, is actually a blessing to any farmer who decides to eliminate cattle from his or her land, because one single application of cow blood around the borders of the farm, will remain highly effective for well over 2 weeks, during which time not ONE single cow will DARE set foot in that farm.

There you have it, farmers. A final solution DOES exist, to protect your precious crops, and that solution is simply to buy some cheap cow blood, and sprinkle it along the entire perimeter of your farm, or just along any well defined paths that cattle regularly travel on their way to destroy crops. That blood treatment will need to be RENEWED every two weeks or so, to keep the odor strong enough to trigger instant panic in any approaching cow, that will then turn around and run full speed AWAY from your farm, regardless of all efforts by the baffled herdsman, to restore order among his animals.

Finally, because the sprinkling of cow blood is so devastatingly effective, it is essential that the person spreading that blood must NEVER bee seen doing so, by the cattle herdsmen, because they will certainly become angry enough to kill. This is a very sneaky method of guerrilla warfare, which, when properly done, remains a complete mystery to the cattle herdsmen, who will ultimately conclude that " evil spirits" are the cause of their cows strange refusal to feast on certain specific farms.

Try this idea, verify that it works beyond your wildest expectations, and then please, if you will, report back to this forum discussion, to narrate your experiences with this very simple, affordable and devastatingly powerful way to completely eliminate farm damage by renegade cattle herds.

Bob's yer uncle, as the British would say. The foregoing "modality" I will call "Level One Protection", for when you wish to display powers ha ha.

85 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by spinna: 9:03am On Jan 16, 2020
Interesting..i heard liquid cow stool deters goats..i wonder if this will work against goats or maybe its goats blood that will chase goats..i will try this though because i am facing this issue.
Much appreciation to you for sharing this knowledge

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 9:04am On Jan 16, 2020
For farmers seeking "Level Two Protection" that will prevent cows from eating their crops WITHOUT subjecting the cows to the terror-inducing aroma of cow blood, there exists a slightly more subtle variation of the concept, whose effect is that the cows, upon having been guided to eat crops growing in farmland, will instead gather in groups, refusing to eat, and seemingly discussing the predicament among themselves, by way of some puzzled mooing vocalizations.

No matter how vigorously the cow herder shouts and ululates encouragement for his cattle to eat the crops planted all around them, the cows simply will NOT bend down and eat even a blade of grass, until the herder finally takes the common sense option of moving to greener pastures elsewhere.

Notably, this second cow deterrent option is also a product of the cows, namely, their smelly manure, which can be obtained by the bagful at any cattle-holding "corral" in Nigeria, where cattle for sale or slaughter are densely assembled in fenced enclosures. Fresh cow manure, mixed with water, and liberally sprinkled on crops or open fields, will GUARANTEE that any herds of cattle that show up, will not remain there for long, since the cattle will REFUSE to graze on foliage that smells of their own dung. A re-application is required every week to ten days or so, with this "modality", to maintain the potency of the cow-deterrent effect.

The cheapest means of spreading "au-de-manure perfume", for a small scale farmer, would be to send workers to STEALTHILY and SECRETLY, use traditional palm-leaf brooms to LIGHTLY sprinkle the smelly mixture of cow manure and water, on the ground, or even on the crops' leaves directly, to give those crops a good TWO weeks of "Level Two Protection" against cattle invasions. For larger farming operations who do not wish to invest in perimeter fencing, yet wish to discourage cattle crop damage, a mixture of fresh cow manure and water can be filtered with mosquito netting, then with cloth, to allow the resulting water to be sprayed from a farm tractor crop sprayer, or by men carrying regular crop spraying backpacks.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2020
spinna:
Interesting..i heard liquid cow stool deters goats..i wonder if this will work against goats or maybe its goats blood that will chase goats..i will try this though because i am facing this issue.
Much appreciation to you for sharing this knowledge

Please don't forget to come back here and give testimony to the awesome power of this simple method that will protect your crops most effectively in the dry season, when there is no rain to wash away that smell.

By the way, if great care is taken to ensure that your staff are not witnessed by cow herders, while in the red-handed act of spraying droplets of cow blood or cow manure to protect your farm, there is simply NO way for any human being to detect the smell that causes such temporary madness and blind panic in cows. Very few people realize that the sense of smell of a cow, is comparable to that of a trained drug-sniffing police dog, and for a cow, there is NO smell on earth that can induce as much INSTANT fear and utter, blind panic, as the smell of fresh cow blood.

Let us hear of your experience when you try this method, but remember, absolute secrecy is of paramount importance, when one is administering a "juju modality" that is so powerful and fast-acting.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by spinna: 9:15am On Jan 16, 2020
Hmm im thinking of blood in a backpack sprayer? (for secrecy) will it clog the machine? Will adding a little water to the blood affect the potency?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 9:34am On Jan 16, 2020
spinna:
Hmm im thinking of blood in a backpack sprayer? (for secrecy) will it clog the machine? Will adding a little water to the blood affect the potency?

The blood solution will NOT work in a backpack sprayer, because blood very quickly congeals to become exactly like fresh liver in appearance. The best way to spread the blood is by hand, leaving tiny bits of the matter, and covering it with dust and dry leaves to prevent detection by the cattle herders.

The cow manure mixture CAN be used in a sprayer, BUT it must FIRST be poured through two stages of filtration, first with mosquito netting, then with cloth, like a cotton bed-sheet, so as not to block the tiny hole of the spray nozzle, with fragments of grass from the manure.

These systems work like absolute magic, and I expect to see SEVERAL testimonies from amazed farmers, in the coming weeks of the dry season in Nigeria, as farmers give these two ideas a try in practice.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by spinna: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2020
Jakumo:

The blood solution will NOT work in a backpack sprayer, because blood very quickly congeals to become exactly like fresh liver in appearance. The best way to spread the blood is by hand, leaving tiny bits of the matter, and covering it with dust and dry leaves to prevent detection by the cattle herders.

The cow manure mixture CAN be used in a sprayer, BUT it must FIRST be poured through two stages of filtration, first with mosquito netting, then with cloth, like a cotton bed-sheet, so as not to block the tiny hole of the spray nozzle, with fragments of grass from the manure.

These systems work like absolute magic, and I expect to see SEVERAL testimonies from amazed farmers, in the coming weeks of the dry season in Nigeria, as farmers give these two ideas a try in practice.

Thanks brother..i will definitely give my feedback

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by PapalsBull(m): 9:57am On Jan 16, 2020
How is this true? Has anyone try it?

1 Like

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 10:03am On Jan 16, 2020
PapalsBull:
How is this true? Has anyone try it?

I have seen the effect of this method, and my brother, the madness that takes over those cows so suddenly, when they smell even the slightest trace of blood from a fellow cow, is best witnessed from a safe vantage point, to be fully appreciated. Absolute, wanton pandemonium ensues among members of the invading cattle herd, and there will most certainly be NO cattle feasting on crops planted in any farm that smells that way.

Unless the farmer is careless when "protecting" his farm, this "modality" remains a a SECRET weapon whose exact nature is only understood by the farmer, and to a lesser extent, by the cows.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by spinna: 12:56pm On Jan 16, 2020
Knowledge is power

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
spinna:
Knowledge is power

Very true, especially when one reflects over the number of angry farmers who met their deaths fighting Fulani cattle herdsmen over crop damage, when all those farmers needed to have done, would have been to "fortify" their farms with periodic reapplications of cow blood, cow dung, or a mixture of both, thereby making their farms off limits to all four-legged visitors.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Emmah123: 8:47pm On Jan 16, 2020
Anyone who tries this should please give a feedback.

Thank you OP. We hope it works.

3 Likes

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 10:08am On Jan 17, 2020
Emmah123:
Anyone who tries this should please give a feedback.

Thank you OP. We hope it works.

During the dry season when smells linger on the dry ground for weeks, these chemical warfare ideas work much better.

Given the enormous scale of the crop damage inflicted by renegade cattle herdsmen and their hungry cows throughout Nigeria and the rest of West Africa, I fully expect there will quite a few very positive reports about the magical effectiveness of this non-confrontational, non-violent cattle-repellent technique, by way of efficacy testimony from farmers who read my recipe here in the Nairaland forums, and decide to give it a try.

If I could find a way to patent or copyright this simple and cheap idea, so as to reap profit from deploying the method in farms ready to pay high consultancy fees, believe me, I would not be detailing the procedure in a public online forum, but, since I see no way to make a fast buck protecting farms in far away Nigeria with my "Secret Ingredient X" modality, I can at least take pleasure in hearing about how delighted farmers are, to have found this easy way to kiss those invading cattle herds goodbye, peacefully and sneakily.

8 Likes

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by staga: 10:28am On Jan 17, 2020
I was able to dig up a video on YouTube that seems to back up the OP's formulation. A cow tried to jump this farmer's fence and was injured. Other cows smelled the blood and they got disturbed. See how they run around without eating anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPXZZabsZaE

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Jakumo(m): 10:36am On Jan 17, 2020
staga:
I was able to dig up a video on YouTube that seems to back up the OP's formulation. A cow tried to jump this farmer's fence and was injured. Other cows smelled the blood and they got disturbed. See how they run around without eating anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPXZZabsZaE

Ha ha I love it. I can think of several songs that would be ideal sound tracks to that panicked cow dance, all caused by the smell of blood.

On a serious note, it it sobering to contemplate how many farmers in Benue State and beyond, were slaughtered while defending against marauding Fulani cattle herding terrorists, when such an invisible, PEACEFUL, affordable and highly effective method of sending cows on their way, has always been widely available in every town and village.

For merciful farmers who merely want the cows to refrain from eating their crops, without actually going into a fully fledged panic, then cow manure, and NOT cow blood, is the remedy to spray on the soil, as close to the crops as possible, to make them lose their appetites instantly.

6 Likes

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Ugwumagala: 11:54am On Jan 17, 2020
yes
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Romanoff(f): 11:54am On Jan 17, 2020
It doesn't stop the herders from harvesting your farm products sha.

13 Likes

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by tot(f): 11:55am On Jan 17, 2020
This is what Nigeria has been reduced to... various means of self protection and defense, very unfortunate.

24 Likes

Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by naijaguy123456(m): 11:55am On Jan 17, 2020
Use your guns.
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by mytime24(f): 11:55am On Jan 17, 2020
B
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by nanauju(f): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2020
angry
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by itsme01: 11:56am On Jan 17, 2020
I know of cow dung
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Dobson43: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2020
angry
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Ajibade123(m): 11:58am On Jan 17, 2020
wow .....we gat try this
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by adefemi007(m): 11:58am On Jan 17, 2020
Science for self reliance
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by Goldencheese(m): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2020
grin
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by sofiscatedmoron: 11:59am On Jan 17, 2020
do u fetch cow blood from the river?
Re: Fear Of Cow Blood Is The No-stress Cow Deterrent For Farmers by ITbomb(m): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2020

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CATFISH Whatsapp Sales Portal / My Maize Farm Journey / A Farmer Proudly Displays His Harvest And Yam Barn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.