Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

I Never Have The View That South East People Voted Against Me Because Of Hatred. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Have The View That South East People Voted Against Me Because Of Hatred. (346 Views)

13.1 Million People Voted Against APC And Tinubu / Umahi: Why South-East People Still Obey IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order / FFK: I Don't Subscribe To The View That All Fulanis Should Be Given Quit Notice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Never Have The View That South East People Voted Against Me Because Of Hatred. by muykem: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2020
I NEVER HAVE THE VIEW THAT SOUTH EAST PEOPLE VOTED AGAINST ME BECAUSE OF HATRED.

“I don't believe that the SouthEast do not like me. I didn't win there, just like Ojukwu didn't win there too. Atiku lost there too. Chief Falae lost there too. I think Chief Abiola lost there too because the region was majorly rooting for the NRC. But General Obasanjo won there, President Yar'adua won there, President Jonathan won there. It is about the PDP which majority of the SouthEast Leaders belong to. When General Obasanjo supported me in 2015, why did I still lose in the region? If Jonathan campaigned for me in 2015, SouthEast will still vote for the PDP. It is about the PDP. What did I do against the SouthEast? I am Fulani and Muslim, so were Yar'adua and Shagari.....In 2019, we have more SouthEast PDP Leaders that have joined our party, some of them could not stand us in 2015 but they have come closer and we are good friends today. The infrastructures we are building across the country is not for politics but for development. Some people talk about marginalisation but was that the reason why they didn't vote for the APC in 2015 No. We don't hate ourselves in Nigeria, it is our politics that made it look like that...."

Muhammadu Buhari.

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Guber Poll Shocking – Kalu, PDP Chieftain / April Deadline For Lagos-ibadan Rail Completion Not Feasible: Amaechi / Lessons Learnt From The 1967 Asaba Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.