Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man (53964 Views)

Advantages Of 620 Per Litre Fuel ! / Mele Kyari: ₦‎170/Litre Fuel Price Is Impossible / El-Rufai Attacks Governors Over Strike, NGF Mulls ₦380/Litre Fuel Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by ogmask: 10:37am On Jan 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

So what exactly is the difference between CNG and PMS? There must be side effect which the minister deliberately doesn't want to talk about. No free lunch anywhere, even in Heaven.

Most commercial vehicles in Benin run on CNG. I wanted to install the cylinder in my ford explorer but decided against it because of the difficulty to refuel when out of Benin.
As for th side effect, I was told it affects the acceleration 0f the car but it's a clean fuel and it runs smoothly too.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Neoteny(m): 10:43am On Jan 17, 2020
Citytrend:
Not sure anyone been Mad in your family before sir. Please be warned. Not everyone you need is your mate under no circumstances. I won't warn you again

You're in no competence or capacity to warn me, Mr Logo.

Why are you offended for the job you yourself advertise?
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by litaninja(m): 10:44am On Jan 17, 2020
Plans to, promises to, intends to....
Govt of propaganda, by propaganda, for propaganda.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by stevenosa(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2020
...No free lunch anywhere, even in Heaven. [/quote] this is 2020, be careful
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Timozo1(m): 10:47am On Jan 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

So what exactly is the difference between CNG and PMS? There must be side effect which the minister deliberately doesn't want to talk about. No free lunch anywhere, even in Heaven.

Seriously, the minister did not tell us the difference between the two also there must be side effect. If not why can't they reduce the normal PMS price to 97, instead of introducing CNG.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by pumpingr(m): 10:49am On Jan 17, 2020
Citytrend:
This Government doesn't seems to understand Nigeria's problem. Please tell this guys you don't solve problem with same frequency of thoughts that created them the first place

Abeg joo, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me

Chat me up 0815 728 2365
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by pumpingr(m): 10:50am On Jan 17, 2020
Ustec:

There is nothing like side effect Mr hater,
Your engine ratings and design will determine if you can use it or not.
Just like the jet engines,diesel engines etc

Mr man, there must be a difference....
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by litaninja(m): 10:50am On Jan 17, 2020
Bros, have you forgotten that the Nigerian government is only good for building castles in the sky? The entire value chain from Extraction to consumption of the proposed CNG paparazzi does not exist, but no.....come out with headline of fuel at 95 Naira.

naptu2:
1) Compressed Natural Gas is actually cleaner than petrol, so it's good for the environment.

2) Nigeria has much more natural gas than crude oil, in other words, we have more gas than petrol.

But there's a problem.

If you check my posts above, you'll notice that this is not a new idea. This issue has been talked about from time to time since the 1980s.

The issue is, who is going to convert the cars from petrol burning cars into compressed natural gas burning cars? Who is going to provide the filling stations?

These are the questions and unfortunately they have not been answered in this write up.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by bergs2: 10:52am On Jan 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

I support this govt, confirm from my posts. But this story doesn't make any sense. And your comment doesn't make sense either.

The emboldened texts in your comment above is completely at variance with the narrative behind the so-called CNG. Cos if your engine rating and design is what determines if you are to benefit from the cheap fuel, how then is it to the benefit of the common man? The common man and the big men, who drive cars with better engine designs and engine rating

Man u are damn intelligent!!!!

Kai! Oil dey your head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Giftexx: 10:59am On Jan 17, 2020
The diff is, CNG Dey quick finish shocked
Simplyleo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Starboytwo(m): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2020
Obiaksnews:
I see a lot of people are confused about the CNG fuel being proposed, if you actually stay in Benin you won't be surprised or confused about how it works. CNG is simply gas made for car use. At a time a lot of commercial vehicle users in Benin were encouraged to use the CNG as it was more economical and i can attest to the fact that a lot of people embraced the idea. Both commercial and private vehicle owners, it is cheaper to use and can be used for weeks if you have a full tank and yes there is a filling station here in Benin city where you can drive in and have your tank filled. if the federal government can invest in it, it would be a welcome development.
really? Wow, can generator use it?
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Starboytwo(m): 11:13am On Jan 17, 2020
Openbusiness:

Modify engine for 200k? Lol. Do you know you have to change your tank to a CNG tank? Do you know the tanks expire?
pls shed more light on this CNG thing... Educative purpose
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by smushi(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2020
We have about 5 of those filling stations in Benin city.
naptu2:
1) Compressed Natural Gas is actually cleaner than petrol, so it's good for the environment.

2) Nigeria has much more natural gas than crude oil, in other words, we have more gas than petrol.

But there's a problem.

If you check my posts above, you'll notice that this is not a new idea. This issue has been talked about from time to time since the 1980s.

The issue is, who is going to convert the cars from petrol burning cars into compressed natural gas burning cars? Who is going to provide the filling stations?

These are the questions and unfortunately they have not been answered in this write up.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by caringsce(m): 11:29am On Jan 17, 2020
naptu2:

But there's a problem.

I think what they’re trying to achieve is to create a competitive market. Nobody will be coerced to convert his/her cars. You do the maths, you know the difference between both prices. If you think the difference in price is worth converting your car or getting a new car that’s compatible, good!
There has always been a relationship between demand and supply. We have privately owned fuel stations across town. Once people start using CNG, investors will naturally invest in setting up stations.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by BusolaDakolo: 11:30am On Jan 17, 2020
meeky007:
IF THIS HAPPENS TO BE TRUE THEN I'll VOTE APC IN THE NEXT ELECTION
Vote them in 2023, then they will increase it to #25k per liter.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Jeamillz2020(m): 11:37am On Jan 17, 2020
Always planning. Event planer
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by codedguy1(m): 11:38am On Jan 17, 2020
naptu2:

But there's a problem.

And they have already tested 10000 audio cars.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Didi2d(m): 11:38am On Jan 17, 2020
CNG is not liquid gas naw, no be gas wet I dey foil for my forklift every day for work.
Abeg I no understand
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by naptu2: 11:47am On Jan 17, 2020
smushi:
We have about 5 of those filling stations in Benin city.

naptu2:

You don't understand. The first time that I saw a compressed natural gas filling station in Nigeria was in 1989. That's almost 31 years ago. How many of these stations exist across Nigeria today.

Peugeot had committed to making Peugeot 504 cars that ran on compressed natural gas, expecting that there would be filling stations across Nigeria, but how many of these stations are in Lagos? How many are in Abuja? How many are in Enugu? Yet this is 31 years later.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Obiaksnews: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2020
Yes, But first of all the car or generator would have their engines converted to suit the new type of fuel.
Starboytwo:
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Obiaksnews: 11:51am On Jan 17, 2020
After conversion, this is what the gas cylinder looks like.

Starboytwo:

Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by ernieboy(m): 11:56am On Jan 17, 2020
meeky007:
IF THIS HAPPENS TO BE TRUE THEN I'll VOTE APC IN THE NEXT ELECTION
you will vote apc for returning fuel prices to virtually the level at which they met it.lol
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by KrystosCJ(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2020
The CNG idea is going to be a massive failure unless our government finds a much more sustainable alternative that does not attempt to address only the cost-side implications.

CNG, or compressed natural gas, is stored at high pressure, 3,000 to 3,600 pounds per square inch (21 to 25 MPa). The required tank is more massive and costly than a conventional fuel tank. Commercial on-demand refueling stations are more expensive to operate than LNG stations because of the energy required for compression, the compressor requires 100 times more electrical power. This means that the time taken to fill a CNG tank, measured as gasoline gallon equivalent, or GGE for short, ranges from about 5-10 times that required to fill a normal fuel tank.

Just a few advantages:
- CNG – tends to corrode and wear the parts of an engine less rapidly than gasoline;
- CNG also emits 20-29% less CO2 than diesel and gasoline
- CNG emissions are cleaner, with lower emissions of carbon;

However, cost (monetary, environmental, pre-existing infrastructure) of distribution, compression, cooling must be taken into account. Generally, the cost of setting up CNG production, distribution, compression and cooling infrastructures disincentivizes take-up of CNG as an alternative to gasoline or diesel.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by darecool(m): 12:01pm On Jan 17, 2020
contigiency:
I have said it time without number that what always occupies president buhari's mind is what can he do to better the lives of the common man in this country. It's part of the reason that I have refused to listen or believe Atiku and co who had had the opportunity but used it to get their personal pockets heavy.
Like the N37 billion NASS renovation?
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Mayor38(m): 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2020
Exit preparation; FG is about to return fuel price to the way they met it.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by yemiyemi: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
So skeptical about the implementation and how realistic this idea could be, based on the usual promises and fail antecedents of successive governments in Nigeria....

.....but i hope they get it right this time around

....This particular one weak me sha.

Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by peero79: 12:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
I am based in Benin and yes CNG is available here, it actually is being used by most transporters running the warri-Benin route. What is done is some form of conversion is done to the tank of the car and a separate cylinder like tank externally fixed is used. I have never heard of any incident with the cars partaining to the CNG. I believe our indigenous car companies can further research and build local cars that can be used for farms and transportation using the CNG.
Simplyleo:

I support this govt, confirm from my posts. But this story doesn't make any sense. And your comment doesn't make sense either.

The emboldened texts in your comment above is completely at variance with the narrative behind the so-called CNG. Cos if your engine rating and design is what determines if you are to benefit from the cheap fuel, how then is it to the benefit of the common man? The common man and the big men, who drive cars with better engine designs and engine rating

1 Like

Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

CNG is the equivalent of turning your car into a can of cooking gas. It has to be totally free from fault, especially electrical. If there is the slightest spark in the engine bay... VOOM!!!!!!
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by paix(m): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2020
These people are a bunch of good liars. I wonder how their family members feel when they lie. This second coming of the APC is nothing but lies, fake promises.
Re: FG Plans N97 Per Litre Fuel For Common Man by LastSurvivor11: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ustec:

There is nothing like side effect Mr hater,
Your engine ratings and design will determine if you can use it or not.
Just like the jet engines,diesel engines etc

Do you even understand the meaning of common man

Does common man have car in the first place, you guys are just utterly ridiculous and confused

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu, Amaechi Meet USA Secretary Of States, Kerry (Photo) / Fashola Becomes Minister For Power, Housing And Works: A New Dawn! / Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.