Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! (3179 Views)

My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / Married People Revealed The Darkest Secrets They've Been Keeping. / Correction: Nairalanders And Their Sense Of Entitlement! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by sisisioge: 10:23am On Jan 17, 2020
Haaa! Oga, you started well and went of the rails with the speed of light. May God enrich our minds.

1 Like

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 10:52am On Jan 17, 2020
sisisioge:
Haaa! Oga, you started well and went of the rails with the speed of light. May God enrich our minds.

Yeah, I may have gone off the rails, probably to enable me get on the plane! When it comes to talks about sex, people accept what they want to accept. But that doesn't change the fact that we have gone off the rails as far as sex is concerned!

I'm not condemning anyone, but just saying:"Do what you have to do, but don't hide under the disguise of being married".
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by eyinjuege: 11:06am On Jan 17, 2020
I read the same thread and it didnt come off as entitlement but rather as stupidity.
Infact, more unmarried folks have sex in public than the married ones.
Anyway, drink a bottle of cold Orijin . It will calm you down. Married people around you have obviously done you a strong thing

8 Likes

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by eyinjuege: 11:16am On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

Thanks for your input! But why didn't your sister express the breast milk into a sterilized bottle before her departure? She knew she had a baby, but was not proactive enough to come up with a back up plan in case the baby rejected the cereals.

The truth is, most parents know next to nothing about parenting and think they can just jump right into it. Like I said in my post, it is wrong and distasteful to expose boobs in public all in the name of breastfeeding a child. What about kids who lost their mothers during childbirth? How do you think they cope?

As for your last point: Well, no one wants to be told that sex wasn't created for pleasure. But that doesn't change the fact that it is, what it is.

You do know milk has to be kept refrigerated, otherwise it will get sour. While some mothers have the financial wherewithal to get a breast pump, have refrigerated milk (stored in special packs) with insulated coolers/packs and ice packs that can keep the milk cold or even warm in some cases, Not everyone can afford to do that.
Especially when travelling on a journey, it makes no sense to carry expressed milk that won't be refrigerated.
The child that refused cerelac must have been eating it at home before the mother will have the courage to travel with cerelac for child. Unfortunately, baby says " not today mother"

Breast milk is still the best for all children. However, bottle feeding (either with breast milk or formula) has always being discouraged since time immemorial in Nigeria even by health professionals because of the difficulty encountered with sterilising these bottles.
Not everyone will have access to potable water, not everyone will have access to proper sterilising materials for the bottles. Don't forget majority still live below the poverty level in Nigeria.
Mothers, pls continue to breastfeed your babies,so 5hey can grow healthy. There are aprons to cover yourselves discretely, so get one or sew some. Anyone not happy with it should go hug transformer.
I'm talking to mothers (whether single or married- as OP seems to think only married women are mothers) with children that still need the nourishment from boobs.

4 Likes

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 11:38am On Jan 17, 2020
eyinjuege:
I read the same thread and it didnt come off as entitlement but rather as stupidity.
Infact, more unmarried folks have sex in public than the married ones.
Anyway, drink a bottle of cold Orijin . It will calm you down. Married people around you have obviously done you a strong thing

Let's be clear on something: I wasn't trying to compare the sexual behaviors of both married and unmarried people. I said, married people think they have more rights to exhibit certain behaviours simply because they feel they are married, and are at liberty to do so.

Haven't you ever heard this phrase before:"What does it matter?After all, we are married"!

As regards the poster who had sex with his wife in the presence of his in-law: He acted that way cos he was married to her and to a greater extent felt a sense of entitlement. He obviously didn't see anything wrong about that cos they are married couples, and he thought married couples are at liberty to have sex regardless of the situation.

1 Like

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by eyinjuege: 11:53am On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

Let's be clear on something: I wasn't trying to compare the sexual explicit of both married and unmarried people. I said, married people think they have more right to exhibit certain behaviours simply because they feel they are married, and are at liberty to do so.

Haven't you ever heard this phrase before:"What does it matter?After all, we are married"! And the poster who had sex with his wife in the presence of his in-law did so because he was married to her, and felt a sense of entitlement to do as he pleased.

Majority of married folks don't feel they have more rights to have sex in public especially where their in-laws are. The guy in question is just one of those who are unreasonable.
Infact, single people (perhaps because they are younger) act worse. In my uni days, I knew of such cases. All the stupid things that can be done as per sex is mainly by unmarried young folks. Youth in this case also plays a major factor (it becomes a confounder in your analysis)
Is it sex in a public pool, is it sex in the hospital, is it sex in dark corners around the universities, just name it. Infact, many married folks are careful about their sex life because they don't even want to be caught by their children despite the fact that you think they feel entitled. They can't moan too loudly, they can't be spontaneous around the house , talkmore in public.

4 Likes

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by ireneidiva(f): 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

You think so cos 2 and 2 contains your most cherished act;SEX.
I will call my most cherished act rubbish?
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 12:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
eyinjuege:

You do know milk has to be kept refrigerated, otherwise it will get sour. While some mothers have the financial wherewithal to get a breast pump, have refrigerated milk (stored in special packs) with insulated coolers/packs and ice packs that can keep the milk cold or even warm in some cases, Not everyone can afford to do that.
Especially when travelling on a journey, it makes no sense to carry expressed milk that won't be refrigerated.
The child that refused cerelac must have been eating it at home before the mother will have the courage to travel with cerelac for child. Unfortunately, baby says " not today mother"

Breast milk is still the best for all children. However, bottle feeding (either with breast milk or formula) has always being discouraged since time immemorial in Nigeria even by health professionals because of the difficulty encountered with sterilising these bottles.
Not everyone will have access to potable water, not everyone will have access to proper sterilising materials for the bottles. Don't forget majority still live below the poverty level in Nigeria.
Mothers, pls continue to breastfeed your babies,so 5hey can grow healthy. There are aprons to cover yourselves discretely, so get one or sew some. Anyone not happy with it should go hug transformer.
I'm talking to mothers (whether single or married- as OP seems to think only married women are mothers) with children that still need the nourishment from boobs.

When breast milk is refrigerated, it has the life span of up to 4 hours if kept out of cold temperature. And it can last longer if you use a cooling system to preserve it. So, what stops a mother from refrigerating her breast milk if she decides to embark on a journey?

You don't seem to understand my point. I am not against breastfeeding, but all I'm saying is, don't expose your boobs in public in the name of breastfeeding. As for those who can't afford a breast pumping machine, then they should learn to do it manually.

What about the kids who lost their mothers and were never breastfed, did they die from starvation? Mister, life is about planning, and motherhood takes a whole lot of planning. If you ain't ready, then don't jump right into it.

And no, I am not dumb to think that only married people are mothers ,but the idea of the post was to address married people and not the unmarried ones.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
eyinjuege:

Majority of married folks don't feel they have more rights to have sex in public especially where their in-laws are. The guy in question is just one of those who are unreasonable.
Infact, single people (perhaps because they are younger) act worse. In my uni days, I knew of such cases. All the stupid things that can be done as per sex is mainly by unmarried young folks. Youth in this case also plays a major factor (it becomes a confounder in your analysis)
Is it sex in a public pool, is it sex in the hospital, is it sex in dark corners around the universities, just name it. Infact, many married folks are careful about their sex life because they don't even want to be caught by their children despite the fact that you think they feel entitled. They can't moan too loudly, they can't be spontaneous around the house , talkmore in public.

Your assertion may be right! But the difference between the sexual spree of both married and unmarried couples is that:

When both are caught in the act, the married ones will strive to justify their actions because they feel that being married is a licence to sexually express themselves at all times.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 12:27pm On Jan 17, 2020
ireneidiva:

I will call my most cherished act rubbish?

All rubbish were once great assets.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by ireneidiva(f): 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

All rubbish were once great assets.
Continue typing rubbish. I'm out.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by eyinjuege: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

When breast milk is refrigerated, it has the life span of up to 4 hours if kept out of cold temperature. And it can last longer if you use a cooling system to preserve it. So, what stops a mother from refrigerating her breast milk if she decides to embark on a journey?

You don't seem to understand my point. I am not against breastfeeding, but all I'm saying is, don't expose your boobs in public in the name of breastfeeding. As for those who can't afford a breast pumping machine, then they should learn to do it manually.

What about the kids who lost their mothers and were never breastfed, did they die from starvation? Mister, life is about planning, and motherhood takes a whole lot of planning. If you ain't ready, then don't jump right into it.

And no, I am not dumb to think that only married people are mothers ,but the idea of the post was to address married people and not the unmarried ones.

You talk of refrigeration in Nigeria. It's not for the faint hearted o. We all know the state of UP NEPA in Nigeria. Most families that use generator steady do so for a few hours at night to sleep and they always turn off the heavy electrical goods like freezer/fridge/AC before the gens can even work sef cheesy. During the daytime, it's to your tent o Isreal. (So I can't advice mothers to refrigerate breast milk just like that).
How many hours a day do you put on your generator? Please answer truthfully.
Manual breast pumps are not as effective as electric ones. Infact, it can be more painful at times and they are also not affordable for everybody either. Or you mean using hand to pump the breast into cups?
Expressing milk( via pumps or by hand ) is not a prerequisite for raising a child (as a vacuum cleaner is not either for maintaining a clean home), so that should have nothing to do with planning your reproductive life.
Will you be happier if breastfeeding mothers are covered up while feeding their babies? I see a lot of mothers all covered up these days while breastfeeding, and not a single boob is exposed. You won't even see the baby's face/body sef talkmore of boobs. Or does that still gall you?
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by rain21(f): 1:36pm On Jan 17, 2020
eyinjuege:

You talk of refrigeration in Nigeria. It's not for the faint hearted o. We all know the state of UP NEPA in Nigeria. Most families that use generator steady do so for a few hours at night to sleep and they always turn off the heavy electrical goods like freezer/fridge/AC before the gens can even work sef cheesy. During the daytime, it's to your tent o Isreal. (So I can't advice mothers to refrigerate breast milk just like that).
Manual breast pumps are not as effective as electric ones. Infact, it can be more painful at times and they are also not affordable for everybody either. Or you mean using hand to pump the breast into cups?
Expressing milk( via pumps or by hand ) is not a prerequisite for raising a child (as a vacuum cleaner is not either for maintaining a clean home), so that should have nothing to do with planning your reproductive life.
Will you be happier if breastfeeding mothers are covered up while feeding their babies? I see a lot of mothers all covered up these days while breastfeeding, and not a single boob is exposed. You won't even see the baby's face/body sef talkmore of boobs. Or does that still gall you?

don't mind that one biko ,as if she had not seen babies that rejects bottle in fact most babies prefer sulking directly to bottle. those teats can never be same with nipples.

the situation doesn't apply to only married women but mothers in general...
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
eyinjuege:

People don't travel on a daily basis, and if a mother sets aside a day to travel with her baby, then she should plan ahead and make the right and necessary preparations.

If there is incessant power supply, then she should opt to power on the generator few hours before embarking on the journey, so she can refrigerate the breast milk.

Since every mother understands the state of power supply in Nigeria, and how hot the whether can be, then acquiring a generator before birthing a child is essential. Or, would you also insist that not every mother can afford a generator?

Well, in my opinion, if you can afford to get pregnant and birth a child, then you should also be able to afford the basic things that can make a child comfortable.

This talk is not whether expressing a breast milk is a prerequisite for raising a child, but rather on how distasteful mothers expose their boobs while breastfeeding in public.

I raised the issue of expressing breast milk cos the poster in question was trying to justify her sister's actions for exposing her boobs while on a journey.

And yes, it would feel right for mothers not to expose their boobs publicly while breastfeeding their babies. The issue is very clear, I am not against breastfeeding in public, but rather against exposing boobs all in the name of breastfeeding.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
rain21:

don't mind that one biko ,as if she had not seen babies that rejects bottle in fact most babies prefer sulking directly to bottle. those teats can never be same with nipples.

the situation doesn't apply to only married women but mothers in general...

Who is talking about regularly feeding a baby with feeding bottles? Read to understand, and not just to comment. The issue of expressing breast milk came up when a poster justified her sister's actions for exposing her boobs while breastfeeding her baby in a public vehicle.

And I asked why didn't she express the breast milk before travelling. I didn't ask her to tell the mother to continue feeding the baby from a bottle. No child dies if being fed from a bottle, and if baby orphans can survive without breast feeding, then one day without breastfeeding a child makes no difference.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by irunoko(m): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
grin

The good lord be with you.

Seems they've already appeared sha and bringing out their weapons of attack and justifications for public sex grin
We4all:

I am ready for a showdown. grin grin grin
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by eyinjuege: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

People don't travel on a daily basis, and if a mother sets aside a day to travel with her baby, then she should plan ahead and make the right and necessary preparations.

If there is incessant power supply, then she should opt to power on the generator few hours before embarking on the journey, so she can refrigerate the breast milk.

Since every mother understands the state of power supply in Nigeria, and how hot the whether can be, then acquiring a generator before birthing a child is essential. Or, would you also insist that not every mother can afford a generator?

Well, in my opinion, if you can afford to get pregnant and birth a child, then you should also be able to afford the basic things that can make a child comfortable.

This talk is not whether expressing a breast milk is a prerequisite for raising a child, but rather on how distasteful mothers expose their boobs while breastfeeding in public.

I raised the issue of expressing breast milk cos the poster in question was trying to justify her sister's actions for exposing her boobs while on a journey.

And yes, it would feel right for mothers not to expose their boobs publicly while breastfeeding their babies. The issue is very clear, I am not against breastfeeding in public, but rather against exposing boobs all in the name of breastfeeding.

Not every mother can afford a generator in Nigeria... Facts.
Even among those that have generators, majority have the ones that cannot power their refrigeration... Also facts.
A generator, like the breast pump is not a requirement in raising a child even in Nigeria.
As per exposing boobs in public, more and more women are covering up while doing it. Perhaps in the villages where nobody cares and see it as normal, still go about exposing their boobs to nourish their children. Afterall, it was only just a few years ago that a new tribe was discovered in our same Nigeria where they don't even wear clothes, and leave everything exposed . Is it those ones you will ask to cover boobs when breastfeeding when normally the boobs are left exposed to go their own way (bgtow)?
Or should we ask the South African tribe who's normal dressing is exposed boobs to now cover up when breast feeding? Bare breasted attire is part of the culture of some certain tribes in Africa, including Nigeria, Benin republic, SA etc.
Civilisation has taught most of us to cover up, but it doesn't mean some who don't agree with such ideas are wrong. To you, seeing women and men naked in public looks weird and even illegal in most Western countries and African countries , but not in some people's culture.
Anyway, I agree women should cover up their tits whenther breastfeeding or not, whether married or not.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by djoe21(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
Vyolet:
Nawa o, so sex in marriage is now for procreation and not for pleasure.
This OP's beef for married people is something else. cheesy

Of course it is first for procreation before it is for pleasure. Although, I don't subscribe to most of what the Op wrote.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by rain21(f): 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

Who is talking about regularly feeding a baby with feeding bottles? Read to understand, and not just to comment. The issue of expressing breast milk came up when a poster justified her sister's actions for exposing her boobs while breastfeeding her baby in a public vehicle.

And I asked why didn't she express the breast milk before travelling. I didn't ask her to tell the mother to continue feeding the baby from a bottle. No child dies if being fed from a bottle, and if baby orphans can survive without breast feeding, then one day without breastfeeding a child makes no difference.

u are talking ignorantly,babies prefer sulking directly public or not. can babies differentiate between public or private place? there are babies that don't accept bottles no matter what you do to pacify them. most esp babies that are glued to their mums 24/7 cos their mums are stay at home mums or takes them wherever they go to. the babies are used to it already and some don't get to wean off early till they are above 18 months and more.

babies that lost their mums at child bir
th don't even get to know what breast milk taste like,they get to adapt to whatever you give them at that stage. it's different from a baby that has been on breast milk from day one and it's probably exclusively breast feeding.

also know that babies sulking doesn't necessarily equate to them being hungry.they also sulk for comfort, pleasure and when they need to sleep,so bottle feeding at that point would lead to a more crying restless baby

4 Likes

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Nnefada: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
We4all:

Thanks for your input! But why didn't your sister express the breast milk into a sterilized bottle before her departure? She knew she had a baby, but was not proactive enough to come up with a back up plan in case the baby rejected the cereals.

The truth is, most parents know next to nothing about parenting and think they can just jump right into parenthood. Like I said in my post, it is wrong and distasteful to expose boobs in public all in the name of breastfeeding a child. What about kids who lost their mothers during childbirth? How do you think they cope?

As for your last point: Well, no one wants to be told that sex wasn't created for pleasure. But that doesn't change the fact that it is, what it is!
Alright, continue to dwell with your assumptions. He that wears the shoe knows exactly where it hurts.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Nnefada: 5:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
eyinjuege:

Thank you jareh. I don tire for this op.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
Vyolet:
Nawa o, so sex in marriage is now for procreation and not for pleasure.
This OP's beef for married people is something else. cheesy
cheesy
I swear, u guys get bad mouth

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Ayofaks(f): 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
I will breastfeed my child anywhere, anytime, anyday, if you have any problem with that, na your cross be that.

1 Like

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by WorldRichest: 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ayofaks:
I will breastfeed my child anywhere, anytime, anyday, if you have any problem with that, na your cross be that.

Go on jare. I love seeing breasts everywhere but make sure your breasts look succulent and fresh. No shame again.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Curiouscity(m): 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
@We4all,

I read the thread you are referring to, and I gave my advice and moved, so did many other Nairalanders. How come yours kept you up at night?

I can say it with 75% confidence that if you're above 25 years, there is a 80% chance that you sucked breast in the public or where someone not related to your mother saw her feeding you. How many churches, mosques, offices or public places have dedicated spaces for mothers to breastfeed in Nigeria? When we see oyigbo doing things, look at the foundation.

Regarding your rant about married couples feeling entitled about sex, while I don't support sex in the public or disturbing others with sexual escapades, marriage is for sex. Legally, religiously and culturally, any marriage where there is no sex between the couples after 48hrs is regarded as null and void. Why so, if sex was for procreation alone? Dating, alias boyfriend-girlfriend is supposed to be for learning each other, and finding reasons to marry or otherwise. Comparing sexual life of marriage couples to that of dating couples is comparing apples to oranges.

What the guy did was improper, but not a crime. And it didn't translate to making married people entitled!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Mizwisdom(f): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
OP, you might not know about the high rate of abortions among married people. This also stems from their daily sex lives which leads to unwanted pregnancies. Many simply flush it away without much thought
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 18, 2020
rain21:

u are talking ignorantly,babies prefer sulking directly public or not. can babies differentiate between public or private place? there are babies that don't accept bottles no matter what you do to pacify them. most esp babies that are glued to their mums 24/7 cos their mums are stay at home mums or takes them wherever they go to. the babies are used to it already and some don't get to wean off early till they are above 18 months and more.

th don't even get to know what breast milk taste like,they get to adapt to whatever you give them at that stage. it's different from a baby that has been on breast milk from day one and it's probably exclusively breast feeding.

also know that babies sulking doesn't necessarily equate to them being hungry.they also sulk for comfort, pleasure and when they need to sleep,so bottle feeding at that point would lead to a more crying restless baby

Well said. That guy is not only arrogant but extremely ignorant.

Besides, what's his business with someone who decides to expose her breast while breast feeding? It's her body, her breast and her child. How she decides to feed the child is her business.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 10:37am On Jan 18, 2020
rain21:

Like I said before:"Learn to understand first before commenting. I wasn't talking about 'babies', but a particular 'baby' who is old enough to take cereals.

Yes, orphaned babies may be used to feeding from a bottle, and I'm saying that no baby will die if he/she doesn't get breastfed for a few hours.

Mothers should learn to practice both breast and bottle feeding, so babies can easily adopt to them in case of emergencies. Parenting encompasses a whole lot, and a mother who can't improvise isn't ready to be a mother yet.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 10:51am On Jan 18, 2020
rationalmind:

Well said. That guy is not only arrogant but extremely ignorant.

Besides, what's his business with someone who decides to expose her breast while breast feeding? It's her body, her breast and her child. How she decides to feed the child is her business.

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word arrogance.

And what's your business with my post? It's my opinion, my verbal rights, and my data. How I decide to pass the message shouldn't be your business.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2020
Mizwisdom:
OP, you might not know about the high rate of abortions among married people. This also stems from their daily sex lives which leads to unwanted pregnancies. Many simply flush it away without much thought

I'm glad you're making sense! Most of them hide under the guise of marriage to commit atrocities.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2020
Curiouscity:
@We4all,

I read the thread you are referring to, and I gave my advice and moved, so did many other Nairalanders. How come yours kept you up at night?

I can say it with 75% confidence that if you're above 25 years, there is a 80% chance that you sucked breast in the public or where someone not related to your mother saw her feeding you. How many churches, mosques, offices or public places have dedicated spaces for mothers to breastfeed in Nigeria? When we see oyigbo doing things, look at the foundation.

Regarding your rant about married couples feeling entitled about sex, while I don't support sex in the public or disturbing others with sexual escapades, marriage is for sex. Legally, religiously and culturally, any marriage where there is no sex between the couples after 48hrs is regarded as null and void. Why so, if sex was for procreation alone? Dating, alias boyfriend-girlfriend is supposed to be for learning each other, and finding reasons to marry or otherwise. Comparing sexual life of marriage couples to that of dating couples is comparing apples to oranges.

What the guy did was improper, but not a crime. And it didn't translate to making married people entitled!

It is the reason why Nairaland is called a forum for discussions. That you moved on after reading, doesn't mean I had to follow suit. Before that guy's post, I had wanted to talk about something like that and his post only triggered my resolve.

If I am above 25 years old and sucked my momma's breast in public, then, is it not worrisome that over two decades later, we are still experiencing the same tacky and classless scenario?

Churches or Mosques don't have to provide dedicated places for mothers. What stops a mother from looking for a secluded place to breastfeed, or learn to cover up while doing it? Why must she do it in the gathering of people?

Look, living a descent, classy and proper lifestyle has got nothing to do with race, but more of an individual and mentality thing. Or have you never seen a black woman who covered herself properly while breastfeeding her baby?

Please get your facts right! Whoever told you that marriage is for sex? And what makes you think that any marriage without sex is regarded null and void after 48 hours?

So if for instance your spouse has a medical deficiency and unable to have sex, that automatically means you will no longer regard her as your wife because you married her just for sex? And what about couples that are married and go weeks without sex cos they don't want babies, would you also declare their marriage as null and void?

Or what about our parents who are older and no longer find sex appealing, but still married to each other, would you declare their marriage as null and void? This should prove to you that marriage is primarily for companionship, and not for sex.

Like I said in my post, sex wasn't created for marriage, but for procreation and I backed up my facts biblically. That the society has changed the narrative, doesn't mean that we should argue over it. This is because, people believe what they want to believe because it suits them.

Yeah, I can compare the sexual life of both married and unmarried couples because I stand by my words that "sex is for procreation". If an unmarried couple decides to have sex cos they want babies, then there is nothing wrong with that. But if married couples think they are at liberty to have sex, but don't want babies, then that may not seem right going by biblical injunctions.

To your last point, I didn't say the guy committed a crime , but what he did was distasteful and should be frowned at.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bringing Up A Multilingual(4) Kids / Will You Support Your Sister To Be A Surrogate Mother To A Childless Couple? / Is It Proper For A Wife To Pick The Husbands Call Or Vice-versa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.