Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! (3181 Views)

My Younger Sister Has This Entitlement Mentality. Help I'm Scared For Her. / Married People Revealed The Darkest Secrets They've Been Keeping. / Correction: Nairalanders And Their Sense Of Entitlement! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by rain21(f): 10:06pm On Jan 18, 2020
rationalmind:

Well said. That guy is not only arrogant but extremely ignorant.

Besides, what's his business with someone who decides to expose her breast while breast feeding? It's her body, her breast and her child. How she decides to feed the child is her business.

exactly
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by rain21(f): 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
rationalmind:

Well said. That guy is not only arrogant but extremely ignorant.

Besides, what's his business with someone who decides to expose her breast while breast feeding? It's her body, her breast and her child. How she decides to feed the child is her business.

exactly
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by rain21(f): 10:11pm On Jan 18, 2020
We4all:

Like I said before:"Learn to understand first before commenting. I wasn't talking about 'babies', but a particular 'baby' who is old enough to take cereals.

Yes, orphaned babies may be used to feeding from a bottle, and I'm saying that no baby will die if he/she doesn't get breastfed for a few hours.

Mothers should learn to practice both breast and bottle feeding, so babies can easily adopt to them in case of emergencies. Parenting encompasses a whole lot, and a mother who can't improvise isn't ready to be a mother yet.

ok I'm done
keep being ignorant
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by Curiouscity(m): 1:06am On Jan 19, 2020
rain21:

ok I'm done
keep being ignorant

Some people can be arrogantly ignorant. This guy feels he is talking to secondary school kids here.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by yeyeosoronga: 11:44am On Jan 19, 2020
We4all:

Like I said before:"Learn to understand first before commenting. I wasn't talking about 'babies', but a particular 'baby' who is old enough to take cereals.

Yes, orphaned babies may be used to feeding from a bottle, and I'm saying that no baby will die if he/she doesn't get breastfed for a few hours.

Mothers should learn to practice both breast and bottle feeding, so babies can easily adopt to them in case of emergencies. Parenting encompasses a whole lot, and a mother who can't improvise isn't ready to be a mother yet.

What do you mean babies won't die if not breastfed for a few hours? Babies can die if not fed even for a few hours. They can go hypoglycemic easily unlike adults who have enough fat on them to convert to energy even if starving. Raising children is not a joke and don't ever try to trivialise the welfare of children with your pettiness.
You're even telling mothers to practice both breast and bottle feeding so as not to assault your eyes with boobs? You sound very ENTITLED yourself saying that. Who are you to demand babies should starve because you don't want their mothers breastfeeding in public? Who are you to demand babies should be allowed to be in distress and crying because you say their mothers are married and hence shouldn't be exposing boobs to feed their children?
Please, I beg of you, don't have children, get a vasectomy for surely your children will suffer from neglect.
You say mothers who can't improvise aren't ready for motherhood yet? Who or what are you to say such? Are you a paediatrician? Perhaps a nutritionist or dietician?

1 Like

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by TheArchangel(f): 1:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
We4all:

Thanks for your input! But why didn't your sister express the breast milk into a sterilized bottle before her departure? She knew she had a baby, but was not proactive enough to come up with a back up plan in case the baby rejected the cereals.

The truth is, most parents know next to nothing about parenting and think they can just jump right into parenthood. Like I said in my post, it is wrong and distasteful to expose boobs in public all in the name of breastfeeding a child. What about kids who lost their mothers during childbirth? How do you think they cope?

As for your last point: Well, no one wants to be told that sex wasn't created for pleasure. But that doesn't change the fact that it is, what it is!
Express the milk and put it inside GUO or PMT motor fridge . Better be realistic here, Oga.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by TheArchangel(f): 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
We4all:

Just shut the hell up cos you know nothing.
The WHO and paediatric associations that has been promoting baby friendly initiatives by ensuring a conducive environment for mothers and babies are not fools. But here you are, trying so hard to take us back to the stone age of infant malnutrition and death.

The initiatives has come a long way with great success.
Recently through the advent of baby friendly and exclusive breastfeeding, mothers are now willing and proud to breastfeed their babies without being mocked like in the past centuries where the rich had to employ wetnurses to nurse their babies because breastfeeding was seen as not fashionable and gross.
Expression of breastmilk are for those mothers who has the means of storing them. These mothers are often the rich and the middle class in our society whom you will never see breastfeeding in public. Same can't be said of babies whose mothers do not have the means to preserve the milk.

When you have a baby, do not breastfeed on demand, breastfeed only when there is nobody about and we will know how many of your kids that will survive infancy without protein-energy- malnutrition.

3 Likes

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
TheArchangel:
Just shut the hell up cos you know nothing.
The WHO and paediatric associations that has been promoting baby friendly initiatives by ensuring a conducive environment for mothers and babies are not fools. But here you are, trying so hard to take us back to the stone age of infant malnutrition and death.

The initiatives has come a long way with great success.
Recently through the advent of baby friendly and exclusive breastfeeding, mothers are now willing and proud to breastfeed their babies without being mocked like in the past centuries where the rich had to employ wetnurses to nurse their babies because breastfeeding was seen as not fashionable and gross.
Expression of breastmilk are for those mothers who has the means of storing them. These mothers are often the rich and the middle class in our society whom you will never see breastfeeding in public. Same can't be said of babies whose mothers do not have the means to preserve the milk.

When you have a baby, do not breastfeed on demand, breastfeed only when there is nobody about and we will know how many of your kids that will survive infancy without protein-energy- malnutrition.

Sometimes, when you talk without thinking, you end up making a fool of yourself. You obviously didn't read what brought about the initial talk of expressing breast milk, and you jumped right into it because you also want to be heard.

W.H.O. is advocating for exclusive breastfeeding just like religious are against abortion. Regardless, Nigeria has one of the highest rates of abortion prevalent cases. If women in Nigeria love babies so much, then why abort in the first place?
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
TheArchangel:
Express the milk and put it inside GUO or PMT motor fridge . Better be realistic here, Oga.

That is why there is a word called 'research'. It paves way for reality.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 3:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

What do you mean babies won't die if not breastfed for a few hours? Babies can die if not fed even for a few hours. They can go hypoglycemic easily unlike adults who have enough fat on them to convert to energy even if starving. Raising children is not a joke and don't ever try to trivialise the welfare of children with your pettiness.
You're even telling mothers to practice both breast and bottle feeding so as not to assault your eyes with boobs? You sound very ENTITLED yourself saying that. Who are you to demand babies should starve because you don't want their mothers breastfeeding in public? Who are you to demand babies should be allowed to be in distress and crying because you say their mothers are married and hence shouldn't be exposing boobs to feed their children?
Please, I beg of you, don't have children, get a vasectomy for surely your children will suffer from neglect.
You say mothers who can't improvise aren't ready for motherhood yet? Who or what are you to say such? Are you a paediatrician? Perhaps a nutritionist or dietician?

Don't get it twisted! I said no child will die if not breastfed(not bottle fed) for a few hours;especially if the child in question is old enough to take cereals.

But you hastily concluded and jumped right on the bus without knowing where it was headed. And please, try to decipher the difference between 'demand' and 'opinion'. The points I raised were based on my personal opinions. That doesn't mean that I was making a demand on mothers.

I am curious though, if you love babies so much, then why do you usually kill the sperm that is supposed to procreate each time you make out with your sex partner? Tell me which is worse: Killing a sperm or bottle feeding a baby?

Since you admitted that raising kids isn't a joke, then the more reason why mothers should be prepared for motherhood and learn to improvise in case of an emergency.

It's obvious you guys don't know the basics of parenting and are always quick to lash out based on sentiments. Well, I'm not surprised because you guys are used to the status quo, and are not willing to witness a change.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 3:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
Curiouscity:

Some people can be arrogantly ignorant. This guy feels he is talking to secondary school kids here.

A toad who is stuck inside a hole and refuses to come out will think he is still in the 15th century. Not living by the status quo doesn't mean 'ignorance'. It means that I am enlightened enough to know when not to join the bandwagons.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
rain21:

ok I'm done
keep being ignorant

I guess the word ignorance has a new meaning. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by yeyeosoronga: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
We4all:

Don't get it twisted! I said no child will die if not breastfed(not bottle fed) for a few hours;especially if the child in question is old enough to take cereals.

But you hastily concluded that I was advocating for all mothers to starve their babies to death. And please, try to assimilate the difference between 'demand' and 'opinion'. The points I raised were based on my personal opinions. That doesn't mean that I was making a demand on mothers.

I am curious though, if you love babies so much, then why do you usually kill the sperm that is supposed to procreate each time you make out with your girlfriend or wife? Tell me which is worse: Killing a sperm or bottle feeding a baby?

Since you admitted that raising kids isn't a joke, then the more reason why mothers should be prepared for motherhood and learn to improvise in case of an emergency.

It's obvious you guys don't know the basics of parenting and are always quick to lash out based on sentiments. Well, I'm not surprised because you guys are used to the status quo, and are not willing to witness a change.

Look at this one. how many children have you successfully raised to start telling people about the basics of parenting?
so each time you masturbate and waste the sperm out of you, what do you call that?
who even cares about your wasted sperm, when talking about a living child who is hungry?
pls, you need to educate yourself further. cerelac isn't just your regular cereal. It's specifically for infants. When children get to a certain age (abt 6 months) you introduce it into their diet with their regular milk/breastmilk. Because you've introduced cerelac doesn't mean you stop breastfeeding. You cannot afford to allow your infant child go hungry, and because a child is having cereal- cerelac doesn't mean they cannot die of hunger after a few hours. They still don't have enough body fat to make energy and hence cannot afford to go without food for a few hours.
What would the mother have improvised with if not for breastmilk for her crying child? She did that and that settled the child immediately. So what improvisation have you being on and on about on this thread?
You are obviously not ready to have children. Please, remain child free otherwise your child will suffer from neglect.. You have no idea at all....

2 Likes

Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by We4all: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Look at this one. how many children have you successfully raised to start telling people about the basis of parenting?
so each time you masturbate and waste the sperm out of you, what do you call that?
who even cares about your wasted sperm, when talking about a living child who is hungry?
pls, you need to educate yourself further. cerelac isn't just your regular cereal. It's specifically for infants. When children get to a certain age, you introduce it into their diet with their regular milk/breastmilk. Because you've introduced cerelac doesn't mean you stop breastfeeding. You cannot afford to allow your infant child go hungry, and because a child is having cereal- cerelac doesn't mean they cannot die of hunger after a few hours. They still don't have enough body fat to make energy and hence cannot afford to go without food for a few hours.
What would the mother have improvised with if not for breastmilk for her crying child? She did that and that settled the child immediately. So what improvisation have you being on and on about on this thread?
You are obviously not ready to have children. Please, remain child free otherwise your child will suffer from neglect.. You have no idea at all....

Parenting is a skill, and the fact that you're a parent does not mean you have good parenting skills. Many parents fail woefully when it comes to raising kids, and breastfeeding a baby until when he is 2 years old doesn't make one a good mother.

What makes you a good parent is preparing your child for the future so they can stand the heat in case of an eventuality. And you do that right after the child is born. Have you ever wondered why some newly born infants are dipped into a pool of water?

So they can get used to the feel of water and prepare them for danger. But I'm sure most mothers will still argue that it is a wrong act.

That's by the way. The problem with some of you on this forum is lack of understanding. I know what infant cereals are, and I also know that the 'baby' in the poster's story was old enough to take cereals.

So trying to school me about combining cereals with breastfeeding is uncalled for because my opinion was centered around what happened when the mother in question was in transit. Did you read anywhere in the write-up where I outrightly condemned breastfeeding?

When does:"cover up during breastfeeding or bottle feed when in public", translate to "no to breastfeeding"?

And yes, I'm enlightened enough to know that raising kids encompasses a whole lot;and I'm the best at it. Whether they're mine or not doesn't make any difference to me.
Re: Married People And Their Sense Of Entitlement! by TheArchangel(f): 8:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
We4all:

Sometimes, when you talk without thinking, you end up making a fool of yourself. You obviously didn't read what brought about the initial talk of expressing breast milk, and you jumped right into it because you also want to be heard.

W.H.O. is advocating for exclusive breastfeeding just like religious are against abortion. Regardless, Nigeria has one of the highest rates of abortion prevalent cases. If women in Nigeria love babies so much, then why abort in the first place?
Now, you are digressing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Promised Never To Cheat But Still Cheated / Snake Found In My Bedroom / Look What He Found Under His Bed (pic)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.