Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,293 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) (24752 Views)

Lives Of Former Governors After Office / Photos Of Arrested Boko Haram + Weapons Recovered By The Nigerian Troops / Picture Of Arrested Isis Leader On Way To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by MILITIA(f): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2007
HE IS FREE TO GO HOME NOW!!!! Thank God for justice!!! He has served his term!!!! tongue
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by denex: 2:01pm On Jul 28, 2007
Justice has been served. This is good news. I celebrate this.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by honeric01(m): 11:16pm On Jul 28, 2007
is that one called justice? when a yahoo yahoo guy goes to jail for 10 years for fraud of just $1000, while the billion naira politicians get 2 weeks old jail sentence, make una dey dream ok?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by otokx(m): 3:27am On Jul 29, 2007
The man should be allowed to Live; the money recovered/realized (if any) should be returned to the Bayelsa people not the federal government.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by 9ja4eva: 5:07am On Jul 29, 2007
D jail term finish quick quick oh.Well he is not d only thief.Others shld serve too
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by denex: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2007
@honeric01

the yahoo-yahoo boys should get a good lawyer and learn how to plea bargain.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by angel101(f): 12:53pm On Jul 31, 2007
honeric01:

is that one called justice? when a yahoo yahoo guy goes to jail for 10 years for fraud of just $1000, while the billion naira politicians get 2 weeks old jail sentence, make una dey dream ok?

just as Paris almost escaped jail after only a couple of days. even the 23 days self na wetin compared to common man but that sadly is the way the cookie crumbles
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by debosky(m): 2:23am On Aug 01, 2007
as far as i'm concerned, the important issue is that he has been convicted, at least with that, there is no Babangida type of threat to come back later to rule, since as an ex-con you can't contest for public office.

more importantly, the EFCC is making sure he forfeits most if not all the properties/monies, which is the crucial thing for Bayelsa - that state needs development more than any other in Nigeria now, hopefully the govt there now will use the monies judiciously.

on to the next one of the thieves.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by JeopardE(m): 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2007
For the last time, the man spent two years in jail, not two weeks.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by angel101(f): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2007
debosky:

as far as i'm concerned, the important issue is that he has been convicted, at least with that, there is no Babangida type of threat to come back later to rule, since as an ex-con you can't contest for public office.

Well i sincerely hope so, but who's to say the govt wont turn around and give him a pardon? I am not being pessimistic or anything but these things do happen u know. i just hope it will not happen.

debosky:

more importantly, the EFCC is making sure he forfeits most if not all the properties/monies, which is the crucial thing for Bayelsa - that state needs development more than any other in Nigeria now, hopefully the govt there now will use the monies judiciously.

on to the next one of the thieves.

The same Bayelsa people are allegedly doing fund raising for him! I just dont understand people sha.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by honeric01(m): 7:53am On Aug 02, 2007
That to tell you that Nigeria is a mixed country with the good and the bad
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by otokx(m): 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2007
You can include the ugly too.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by 9ja4eva: 4:29pm On Aug 04, 2007
lol
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by swing4real(m): 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2007
London court freezes Ibori’s assets

This is just the begining for them.No hiding place for them any more.Make i see where them go keep the cash wan them steal from us since UK and USA no dey support them again
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by kingrd(m): 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2007
Is it true that ex-cons can hold public office after 10 yrs? Lawyers in the house pls help
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2007
kingrd:

Is it true that ex-cons can hold public office after 10 years? Lawyers in the house please help
If after ten years, they come to you and campaign and you vote for them, that is your problem. Personally, I won't vote for an ex-convict -especially one with a proven record of corruption. What other prove do you need, just check their accounts and assets after just four years and compare with salary.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by 9ja4eva: 5:21am On Aug 07, 2007
Ex wetin?No way
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by denex: 10:48pm On Aug 07, 2007
@champredd

good answer.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by otokx(m): 10:23am On Aug 09, 2007
who voted for who?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by AfroCynic: 2:58pm On Aug 09, 2007
US Hospital Accuses Orji Kalu Of Forgery

Former Abia State Governor, Mr. Orji Uzor kalu currently facing charges of laundering N3.1 Billion state funds may be charged for forgery in the United States. The ex-Governor is accused of forging a letter from Brigham Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts, U.S requesting his presence for his wife’s surgery.

Kalu in a letter to the Federal High Court Abuja had sought for permission to travel to the United States on the ground that “I have just received information through Victor Onochie (by fax) to the effect that my wife is due for a major surgery on 8th August in Brigham and Women‘s Hospital in Massachusetts, USA.

But the Brigham and Women Hospital, MA, through Dr. Kwan and Heather Galvin, both assistants to Dr. Peter Black, the alleged signatory to the Kalu’s letter denied knowledge of such letter.

When Pointblanknews.com confronted the Hospital with the letter, Dr. Kwan said “that is not Dr. Peter Black’s signature. It is obviously forged. This hospital does not issues such letters.”

According to Dr. Kwan, “this is strange and we are not taking it lightly. We are looking into it and we might require the police to come in.”

He disclosed that Orji Kalu’s wife, Ifeoma Ada Kalu was last seen on appointment for MRN in 1999 insisting that “there is no appointment scheduled for her.

Below is the letter purportedly written by Dr. Black to Orji Kalu

”Patient: Ifeoma Ada Kalu MRN:14975320(BWH) 02/19/62

Dear Kalu,

“The Brain Tumour Programme at Brigham and Women‘s Hospital and Dana Farber Cancer Institute provides a multi-disciplinary brain tumour clinics in radiation therapy, chemotherapy and neurosurgery, a tumour board and radio surgery evaluation and is a closely-coordinated effort between Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women‘s Hospital.

“A comprehensive evaluation and long-time management of your spouse‘s present health condition (brain tumour-Oligodendrogliomas), necessitates a repeat of neurosurgery of the nervous system closely similar to the one performed in Germany but with special interest at a different region of the brain.

“This decision was reached at our board meeting on Friday, July 27, 2007.

“At present, based on our evaluation, Ifeoma‘s basic cognition is inadequate to offer consent for this surgery to proceed.

“We, therefore, as required by Massachusetts General Law, request your presence to offer your consent as next-of-kin for this immediate needed care to proceed.

“Please be advised that your immediate attention is required as the surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, August 8, 2007 at 6.30 a.m.

“It is appropriate that a pre-operative visit of the family members to the hospital be arranged in advance a week or two before the surgery.”

Orji Kalu ad on the basis of the fake letter from the Massaheausett deposed in an affidavit to the Abuja High Court that:

“That I am the accused in these proceedings.

“That I was admitted to bail by this honourable court on the 27/7/2007.

“That one of the conditions of my bail is to seek and obtain leave of court to travel out of Nigeria.

“That I have just received information through Victor Onochie (by fax) to the effect that my wife is due for a major surgery on 8th August in Brigham and Women‘s Hospital in Massachusetts, USA.

“That by the law of Massachusetts, my consent is required as her next-of-kin before the surgery can be performed.

“That the consent is required to be given in the presence of the lead surgeon.

“That the condition of my wife requires emotional support from me and her children who have already moved to Massachusetts ahead of the surgery.

“That the surgery is required urgently and cannot be postponed.

“That I require my international passport currently in the custody of the EFCC to enable me make the trip.

“That I shall return to Nigeria within a reasonable time after my wife‘s condition stabilises.”

In the affidavit of urgency, Kalu repeated all the averments contained in the one quoted above.

He, however, deposed further thus, “That my wife requires sound emotional support as she is suffering from an ailment that is life- threatening.

“That a delay in performing the surgery will result in irreparable damage to the medical condition of my wife.

“That it is in the interest of justice that this application be heard and determined expeditiously.”
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by denex: 12:40pm On Aug 11, 2007
See the kain disease wey person dey wish on him wife? Cancerous Oligodendrogliomas! With loss of basic cognitive senses.

Omo, na complete format be that O! NEXT OF KIN! So this man don tey for the game?

Forgery in Massachusetts is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 10 years or in jail for not more than 2 years. So that is another "gbese" on its own.

Swearing a false affidavit in a court in Nigeria is another crime again on its own. This man just keeps roping in himself.

That's assuming all this is true though. I don't trust that pointblanknews and I don't know them. And I don't know anybody that knows them. I need to see The Guardian saying something about this.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Planner(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2007
Orji uzo kalu na compound thief. After stealing billions he now wants to escape to the United states. The problem is thgat he thinks he is too smart. But a they say "whom the gods wants to purnish will first of all make them mad".
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by dafman(m): 2:13am On Aug 12, 2007
It's high time more serious punishment is giving for those caught tampering with state funds put in their trust, I watched on T.V When these guys were arrested, they were acting like it's no big deal. The more corruption is treated with levity, the more money others coming will be tempted to touch.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Jarrah(m): 5:01am On Aug 12, 2007
Brothers and sisters, as we hope and wish for a better days for Nigeria let us know that , That which is done in a hurry will only fail. Let Yar"adua take his time and review all the previous policies and weigh the implications both negative and positive before coming up with what will be acceptable to Nigerians.
Corruption and corrupt officials can only be dealt with if the right policy is in place and the environment is created. Am sure we are now in a new don that no one is above the law no matter highly placed they are.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by lakeside4love(m): 2:16am On Aug 13, 2007
They r all jokers.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by honeric01(m): 1:54pm On Aug 13, 2007
na sooo
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2007
Let's hope there will be no political tinkering with the EFCC powers. If Yar'Adua really wanted to deal with corruption, the current Minister of Justice/Attorney General will not last long and maybe he will also separate both offices.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by 9ja4eva: 8:41pm On Aug 14, 2007
What is EFCC waiting for?

Ibori,Igbinedion and Odili are still moving about freely.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by honeric01(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2007
plea bargain
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by spicywax(m): 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2007
is this plea bargain thing not supposed to encourage corruption?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by champredd(m): 11:02am On Aug 17, 2007
Plea bargain is not corruption, if all or most of the stolen funds are recovered, and also if the terms of the plea are not influenced by the office of the attorney-general, because the man could run into trouble of conflict of interest.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by honeric01(m): 6:08am On Aug 19, 2007
plea bargain is morally wrong, dunno about it being legal or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Extend Railway Project To Ekiti - Fayose To FG / Buhari Leaves Nigeria For Makkah, Saudi Arabia On Thursday For OIC Summit / Buhari Is An Accidental President – Fayose, Lampoons Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.