Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,898 members, 7,821,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

“why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode (3745 Views)

2023: Why Presidency Should Return To Northern Nigeria – Fani-Kayode / If My Mother Is Igbo, Can I Claim And Contest For Governorship In Her State / Tanko Yakasai: How Igbo Can Produce A President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by MadeINchenzen2: 1:21pm On Apr 20, 2022
With the race for Nigeria’s top seat heating up and the interested regions find themselves putting up arguments supporting claims that put them in advantage over the other geological/political zones. Each of the six geo-political zones are angling to produce the next President of Nigeria under a twisted zoning arrangement. Nonetheless, some believed the Southern zone of Nigeria is due to provide the next president while a good majority believe the North East zone is due to present the next president.

Against the above political odds, groups from the respective political zones have begun mounting pressure and some have gone beyond mounting mere pressure – to mounting agitation and threatening secession should the Presidency not be given to their geopolitical zone. The immediate past national chairman of Ohanaeze Ndigbo – Nnia Nwodo – had made the stand of Ohanaeze clear when he publicly stated that the Ohanaeze will shift its stance on national issues if the political leadership in Nigeria deny the South East the opportunity for a south easterner to become the President of Nigeria in 2023. He threatened that Ohanaeze will switch and turn its support to Biafra agitation – and not for Nigeria unity.

Nnia Nwodo’s take almost matches a recent opinion by Fani Kayode – where he masterfully analyzed the reasons where the political block in Nigeria will never allow the Igbo to mount the President seat as President.

Kayode explained that Nigeria as presently constituted are afraid to allow a south easterner to become President because of a lack of trust. “The Hausa/Fulani does not trust the Igbo man”. They want to stay in power in perpetuity.

See video below;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6MPkCBHVr0

Lalasticlala; Mynd44; Dominique; Ishilove;

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Sergio103(m): 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
"Trust" Asin how??

You won't trust us with power but will trust us being in yooonity with you.

Please what's the definition of madness other than this??

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Kriss216: 1:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
The zones with the presidency for years are not in any way better than the Igbos. What's the fuss?

Being with the presidency guarantees nothing. Buhari is from Katsina, same Katsina is the headquarters of Banditry.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by nyiamfrank: 1:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
You don come again? Cannot be allowed, by who exactly?

8 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by perez100: 1:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
Am Igbo and I think Fani Kayode is 100% right. I like people that speaks the way it is. The reason why many tribes are saying Igbo cannot rule Nigeria is "fear". They are 100% afraid of the strong and wise men in the East. I have been hearing from them that Igbo cannot rule Nigeria when I was in Primary School. I tried to ask them why, but no reasonable answer. Let me tell them, I will do times 1000 of what Nnamdi Kanu did if they think Igbo cannot rule Nigeria. Such plot will be disastrous to Nigeria as a country in the future. Destroy such plot in your minds and Nigeria will be better for everybody. We are just postponing the evil days that must surely come unless we kill such plot.

They prefer those people they think they can control so that they can do to them what they did to Jonathan.

If Nigerians want Nigeria to be great once again - Igbo man becoming President is the answer. Or everybody will continue to cry while Nigerians will keep bleeding. It is your choice.

26 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Ebubu: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2022
Who takes Fani Kayode seriously? undecided

An ex-convict oo

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Brimstone77: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2022

Every d!ckt head is having opinion about igbos, from bakare ,olu of iwo, Johnson soleman,and now kayode..

Why are they not having opinions about other tribes that has declared interest so far??

Why always igbos?

Why would anybody be scared of a fellow country man Becoming president if he have no hidden evil..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by ArewaNorth: 1:51pm On Apr 20, 2022
perez100:
Am Igbo and I think Fani Kayode is 100% right. I like people that speaks the way it is. The reason why many tribes are saying Igbo cannot rule Nigeria is "fear". They are 100% afraid of the strong and wise men in the East.

They prefer those people they think they can control so that they can do to them what they did to Jonathan.

If Nigerians want Nigeria to be great once again - Igbo man becoming President is the answer. Or everybody will continue to cry while Nigerians will keep bleeding. It is your choice.

President of Igbo extraction is always rejected not just because of who to control as u allege or who can't be controlled. Presidency in Nigeria is all about trust, fairness and justice.
OBJ, GEJ and PMB were/are never controlled by any group of people. Do u really know how powerful is that seat? Nobody can even think of dictatung someone on that seat, it is too mighty for that game.When GEJ was President he made this appointments:

1. SGF: Anyim Pius Anyim.
2. DG, DSS: Ita Ekpenyong.
3. CBN: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi(Replaced with Godwin Emefiele)
4. COS: Mike Oghiadomhe.
5. Acct Gen. Fed: Jonah Ofunia.
6. Chief of Army Staff: Azuibike Ihejirika.
7.NIMET; Anthony Anuforom.
8. NNPC: Andrew Yakubu.
9.NIMASA: Patrick Apobolokemi.
10. PENCOM: Chinelo Amazu.
11. FERMA: Chukwu Amuchi.
12. DPR: George Osahon.
13: BOI: Evelyn Oputu.
14. Nig Content Dev. Agency: Ernest Nwampa.
15: CPA: Dupe Atoki.
16. NCC: Eugene Juwa.
17. NAMA: Nnamdi Udoh.
18: NCAA: Engr Akikuotu.
19.FAAN: George Uriesi.
20. NCAT: Capt Chinere Kali.
21. SEC: Aruma Otteh
22. Sovereign Wealth fund: Uche Orji.
23.NAFDAC: Paul Orhii.
24. FIIRO: Mrs G N Elemo.
25.Maritime Agency: Joshua Ekpo.
26: NRC: Seyi Sijuade.
27.Nig Tourism Dev Corp: Sally Nbanefor
28. Budget Office:
Bright Okogwu.
29. NERDC: Godswill Obioma.
30. NEXIM: R R Oriya.
31. SON: Joseph Odumodu.
32. NBC: Emeka Nkem MBA.
33. ITF: Longmas Wapmuk.
34. NUC: Prof Okojie
35. NESREA: N. S Benebo
36.MDG Office: Precious Gbenro.
37. Surveyor Gen.: Peter Chigozie
38. Statistician : Yemi Kale.
39. Acct Gen Fed: Jonah Otunla.
40. Auditor Gen Fed.: Samuel Yonongo.
41. NOA: Mike Omieri.
42. NAN: Oluremi Oyo.
43. NEPC: David Odelugba.
44. Emeka Eze.
45. IGP Police: Solomon Arase.
Etc.

GEJ'S SERVICE CHIEFS WERE:
1. Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Alex Badeh; 2. Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah;
3. Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Usman Jibrin; and
4. Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Adesola Amosu and u still think that others controlled him? Think again.
The event of 1966 was the main reasons why Igbo will hardly be trusted with power anytime sooner because when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;
Chief of Army Staff was from SE
Chief of Naval Staff was from SE
IG of Police was from SE
Chief of Defence Staff was from SE
Internal Affairs Minister SE
External Affairs Minister SE
Education Minister South SE
Many other key ministries to SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
The University of Ibadan VC from SE
North resisted same at ABU!
Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!
Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.
To make it worse, Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it and let the coupist left unpunished. Honestly, those officers set a bad precedent to the entire Igbo despite having handful of good people who are capable of making this country better if given chance to rule.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by habsydiamond(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2022
Why are we then one nation if u are sidelining one tribe... In short we are not one... Naija don scatter into pieces since independence.. Na God still make her stand till now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 1:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
So Nnamdi Kanu's agitation is about Eeboe presidency?

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 2:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
habsydiamond:
Why are we then one nation if u are sidelining one tribe... In short we are not one... Naija don scatter into pieces since independence.. Na God still make her stand till now.
sidelining how? Are Eboes the only people in Nigeria ? are they more important than Kanuri, Urhobo or Tiv? In their minds maybe but not to everyone

Where does sidelining come into it that is what I want to learn. HOW ARE THEY BEING SIDELINED?

3 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by habsydiamond(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
aribisala0:
sidelining how? Are Eboes the only people in Nigeria ? are they more important than Kanuri, Urhobo or Tiv? In their minds maybe but not to everyone

Where does sidelining come into it that is what I want to learn. HOW ARE THEY BEING SIDELINED?
no tribe is more important than the other.... Ibos are one of the three major tribes in this country.. I still don't see the reason why some people don't see them fit to lead this country as president. U can enlighten me on this oo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

Yoruba Elders Meet Jonathan To Complain About Marginalisation - Smh

Written by Leon Usigbe, Abuja
Friday, 26 August 2011

PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan met with a delegation of the Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE), led by Major-General Adeyinka Adebayo (retd), in the State House, on Thursday, as the leaders complained about being left out in the top six posts in the country.

The delegation also demanded for the dissolution of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), which they observed had been unable to fulfill the objectives of its establishment, while also asking for action of the deplorable roads in the South-West.

But responding to their requests, President Jonathan said he was concerned about adherence to the principle of federal character and the zoning formula adopted by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and he had tried to ensure that no section of the country was left out in the scheme of things by accommodating them in the subsequent appointments he had made.

aljharem:
this people are funny u know. Just i thought this people want to eat there cake and have it again

they all voted for ACN thus they want regional government ie fedralism

yet they still want the advantages of being in the mainstream politics

abeg make them go sit down angry

when it is time they should go meet tinubu there master

Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized

2 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Akponmfet: 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
perez100:
Am Igbo and I think Fani Kayode is 100% right. I like people that speaks the way it is. The reason why many tribes are saying Igbo cannot rule Nigeria is "fear". They are 100% afraid of the strong and wise men in the East. I have been hearing from them that Igbo cannot rule Nigeria when I was in Primary School. I tried to ask them why, but no reasonable answer. Let me tell them, I will do times 1000 of what Nnamdi Kanu did if they think Igbo cannot rule Nigeria. Such plot will be disastrous to Nigeria as a country in the future. Destroy such plot in your minds and Nigeria will be better for everybody. We are just postponing the evil days that must surely come unless we kill such plot.

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Akponmfet: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2022
Point of correction-we are not afraid of the strong and wise men of the East,rather- we are afraid of handing over power to a group of people that are mostly criminals and armed robbers
We don't trust you because you're all thieves.

3 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Segzy22: 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
Who dey talk?
This werey again?

1 Share

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 2:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
habsydiamond:
no tribe is more important than the other.... Ibos are one of the three major tribes in this country.. I still don't see the reason why some people don't see them fit to lead this country as president. U can enlighten me on this oo

What makes them major? and who said there are only 3 major tribes ?

Every person has one vote .No one has more than one vote.

Every individual is entitled to his own individual prejudice. I can decide I do not want to spend my money in an Edo man's shop. I cannot decide that the Edo man should not open his shop

They are constitutionally entitled to contest and persuade other people to elect them. That is how it works

Can one person sit down in his house and say who can or cannot be president

If they are not able to persuade other Nigerians they should work harder.

2 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by fregeneh(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20, 2022
aribisala0:
So Nnamdi Kanu's agitation is about Eeboe presidency?

So you mean you don't know before?

3 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
fregeneh:

So you mean you don't know before?
no
I don't know book
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Igboid: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

President of Igbo extraction is always rejected not just because of who to control as u allege or who can't be controlled. Presidency in Nigeria is all about trust, fairness and justice.
OBJ, GEJ and PMB were/are never controlled by any group of people. Do u really know how powerful is that seat? Nobody can even think of dictatung someone on that seat, it is too mighty for that game.When GEJ was President he made this appointments:

28. Budget Office:
Bright Okogwu.
44. Emeka Eze.
Etc.

1. Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshall Alex Badeh; 2. Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah;
4. Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshall Adesola Amosu and u still think that others controlled him? Think again.
The event of 1966 was the main reasons why Igbo will hardly be trusted with power anytime sooner because when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria;
IG of Police was from SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE
Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!!
Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed.
To make it worse, Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it and let the coupist left unpunished. Honestly, those officers set a bad precedent to the entire Igbo despite having handful of good people who are capable of making this country better if given chance to rule.

Chief of Naval staff in 1964-75 = Commodore J.E.A Wey.
He isn't Igbo.
Chief of Army staff in 1963- 65 was John Alexander McKenzie. Ironsi took over in 1965.
IG of police in 1964-66 was Luis Edet.
Infact Mike Okilo in 2007 was Igbos first ever IG of police in Nigeria.
Internal Affairs minister in 1966 was Shehu Shagari, he replaced Usman Sarki.
Tafawa Balewa doubled as Prime minister and External affairs minister in 1964-66 cabinet.

The Minister of Education in 1964- 66 was Richard Akinjide.

Many of you only major in spinning lies against Ndiigbo.
It will never be well with you lots.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by habsydiamond(m): 2:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
aribisala0:

What makes them major? and who said there are only 3 major tribes ?

Every person has one vote .No one has more than one vote.

Every individual is entitled to his own individual prejudice. I can decide I do not want to spend my money in an Edo man's shop. I cannot decide that the Edo man should not open his shop

They are constitutionally entitled to contest and persuade other people to elect them. That is how it works

Can one person sit down in his house and say who can or cannot be president

If they are not able to persuade other Nigerians they should work harder.
u have said it all.. They should try to convince everyone that they are capable

2 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Reality3080: 2:24pm On Apr 20, 2022
Let's see how igbos will rule us

We reject them with our spirit body n soul

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Tinubuadvocate: 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2022
By this people below grin
nyiamfrank:
You don come again? Cannot be allowed, by who exactly?

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2022
habsydiamond:
u have said it all.. They should try to convince everyone that they are capable
The simple question for every Eboe is

When you vote do you vote as an individual or do you vote how someone else tells you.

If they are voting as individuals why assume others are not.

Has Wike said because he is a minority he won't contest?

But all you hear is

it is our turn no one else should contest , they should just give it to Eboes OR ELSE.........

2 Likes

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Reality3080: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2022
Sergio103:
"Trust" Asin how??

You won't trust us with power but will trust us being in yooonity with you.

Please what's the definition of madness other than this??

na by force to rule us,nobody wants u to rule

This is the same thing oluwo told u,this is the same thing el rufai pikin told u.

Nobody will vote an igbo man let's see how u will maneuver people to vote for me
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by habsydiamond(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2022
aribisala0:
The simple question for every Eboe is

When you vote do you vote as an individual or do you vote how someone else tells you.

If they are voting as individuals why assume others are not.

Has Wike said because he is a minority he won't contest?

But all you hear is

it is our turn no one else should contest , they should just give it to Eboes OR ELSE.........
Nigeria govt is not an household property that only one section of the population should be rotating... If u are good enough, contest, if u win fine, if u don't u try the next time. It shouldn't be do or die affair

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Reality3080: 2:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
perez100:

let's keep bleeding,go n use your solution in d east

N if u think u can do something stupid like nnamdi kanu, it's either u end up in fulani cage like him or go ikonso way
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Sergio103(m): 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2022
Reality3080:
na by force to rule us,nobody wants u to rule

This is the same thing oluwo told u,this is the same thing el rufai pikin told u.

Nobody will vote an igbo man let's see how u will maneuver people to vote for me

One quick question.
"Na by force to be in the same country??"

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2022
ArewaNorth:

28. Budget Office:
Bright Okogwu.
44. Emeka Eze.
Etc.

IG of Police was from SE
Parliament President SE
Unilag VC from SE

By 1966 how many graduates do you think the north have to employ n fit into ministerial positions then?
During GEJ, those officers were next in line to take over n didn't the economy grow n fair better when we match merit to competence. ..instead Buhari will rather select a junior fulani to take over appointment and you think the economy will fair better.

Every tribe fair well n rule under trust, fairness n justice..so where is the justice n fairness of the igbos 're denial the presidency? Lets allow them and see what they can bring to the table for Nigeria. .simple

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Reality3080: 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2022
Sergio103:

One quick question.
u are free to go guy,nobody is holding u

We can't do anything constitutionally without constitution backup,show me anywhere u see referendum in d constitution then u can go
Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by aribisala0(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2022
Sergio103:

One quick question.
Yes you fought a war and lost. Ask your elders. Your land is conquered .
Go and ask them in Texas and other confederate states that lost the US Civil War.
When Isaac Boro tried to secede what did Ironsi do . It is BY FORCE or did your ancestors tell you they bought application form? You did not apply you were INCLUDED in Nigeria BY FORCE

You can
A> Fall in line
B> Exit the country
C> fight another war

That question applies not just to Eboes ask Boko Haram or Sunday Igboho

This line about if we do not get president we will XYZ has only one effect it drives the presidency away from difficult to impossible

You need to come up with more original and adult thinking

1 Like

Re: “why Igbo Can Not Be Allowed To Be President Of Nigeria” — Fani Kayode by Sergio103(m): 2:43pm On Apr 20, 2022
Reality3080:
u are free to go guy,nobody is holding u

We can't do anything constitutionally without constitution backup,show me anywhere u see referendum in d constitution then u can go

That you are saying this is simply because ohanézè are still in hibernation.

They are just confused, because right politics for now depends on them.

As for Biafrans going.......if all you guys with timorous pusillanimous heart should come up with is "we can't trust them with power".... Then I can say the equal reaction igbos will march it up with us "we can't remain with doubters"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Recalls Prison Experience During Dedication ! / INEC, Jonathan Conniving To Rig 2015 Elections, Says Bola Tinubu / Exclusive: Boko Haram Begins Recruitment Of Yoruba Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.