Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,252 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position (44132 Views)

YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / How Obidients Successfully Destroyed Tinubu's 24 Years Propaganda Machinery / Group Gives Eze Ndigbo 7 Days To Leave Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by viyon02: 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
He is between the devil and blue sea. Even if he wish to say sometime, he will just be neutral, he wouldn't want to put is presidential ambition on the line. But the fact is, he will never ruled Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by codedguy1(m): 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
Someone that was asking " where are the cows"

Tinubu cannot talk, he is between the devil and deep blue.

If he supports amotekun buhari/cabal might open his book and there are quite a lot that can land baba in kuje (bullion van is an example)

If he disagrees with the establishment of the amotekun security outfit he will be at loggerheads with the governors and the sw people. Which would not really be good for him.

The only hope he has is that any position he takes he would have sycophants support him.

It is not easy.

grin grin grin
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by NGpatriot: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

The so-called opinion was given by the office of the AGf not the person of the AGf. Stop playing the ostrich I say. Even akeredolu said they'll meet with the AGf to clarify issues around it. Falana said the state assemblies should make laws to legalise amotekun each state. But prof here thinks otherwise.
I have no business with Tinubu. I care less whether he decides to speak or not. But he can't claim to be a Yoruba political leader and be silent at such a critical juncture as dis.
Buhari who is president today spoke up and even came down to Oyo state when his people where threatened. That's what leaders do and it's not until you occupy public offices that you become a leader or act as one. Get that right.

Of what relevance was the opinion from the AGF or his office? Was it a FG stop order, was it a proclamation by the president, or by the FEC or by the courts?

Again, stop spinning your wheels with irrelevant and meaningless issues that can not and did not affect anything per Amoteku.

You heard from the SW, governors, Amotekun is here to stay and so far, the AGF silently shut up and went back inside his hole.

I don't remember Tinubu parading around or calling himself Yoruba leader, that's something you and others made up in your head, it's the imaginary chieftaincy title you confer on him, even Yoruba people don't call him Yoruba leaders os it's quite obvious the part of Nigeria you are from, I mean where they makeup rubbish and obsess over Tinubu.

I hope you are able to eat and go to sleep tonight because Tinubu don't have your time,

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by GedalyaIvar: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

Of what relevance was the opinion from the AGF or his office? Was it a FG stop order, was it a proclamation by the president, or by the FEC or by the courts?

Again, stop spinning your wheels with irrelevant and meaningless issues that can not and did not affect anything per Amoteku.

You heard from the SW, governors, Amotekun is here to stay and so far, the AGF silently shut up and went back inside his hole.

I don't remember Tinubu parading around or calling himself Yoruba leader, that's something you and others made up in your head, it's the imaginary chieftaincy title you confer on him, even Yoruba people don't call him Yoruba leaders os it's quite obvious the part of Nigeria you are from, I mean where they makeup rubbish and obsess over Tinubu.

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by NGpatriot: 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
Let me advise the Igbos and other anti-Tinubu people, we all know you don't care about Tinubu, about the SW or Amotekun, all you want to see is Tinubu fighting and speaking up against the FG/PMB, you want Tinubu to fight as your proxy against PMB, but sadly, it's all in your dreams.

Tinubu will not fight your proxy war, you are still on your own.

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Ofemannnu: 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
pacespot:

I'm not Igbo, but by the account of history, they said awolowo was betrayed by his own kinsmen.

They said?

The only people that have continually said and still say...because it is inbred in them...negative things about Yorubas,are the Igbos.They are a majority group,so you can see how far their falsehood has travelled.It is a kind of singsong among them and it is unfortunate that they are doing this.

If you are not Igbo,I bet you are not a mumu and can discern truth from falsehood.
I have given you instances,they are even more than that,where Igbos have back stabbed Nigeria,the South,the North etc.
These are verified betrayals from Igbos that played a big part in putting Nigeria in this sorry state.
If you think Yorubas are backstabbers like Igbos,give the instances.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by GedalyaIvar: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
Let me advise the Igbos and other anti-Tinubu people, we all know you don't care about Tinubu, about the SW or Amotekun, all you want to see is Tinubu fighting and speaking up against the FG/PMB, you want Tinubu to fight as your proxy against PMB, but sadly, it's all in your dreams.

Tinubu will not fight your proxy war, you are still on your own.
[/s]
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
NGpatriot:

I hope you are able to eat and go to sleep tonight because Tinubu don't have your time,

If the opinion of the chief legal adviser to FG is irrelevant, I don't know what else is. You can show pictures of amotekun on the road or in forests to show they're in operation. Besides, if that opinion is not truncated, amotekun is easily headed for the pit as we all know the political backing behind that pronouncement by the AGF except you intend to play the ostrich again.

Hold your brakes though. Don't tribalise the issue. The group that asked for Tinubu's opinion are not from the tribe you seek to drag. I never conferred the title of asiwaju on him. Neither did the grp in question. You don't need to attack a particular tribe in order to colour your principal's ambitions which are as naked as daylight.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by streetsoldier1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
NGpatriot:
After 24 hours, they will either beat Tinubu or take him to court and sue him for not saying anything about Amotekun.

Many Nigerians need serious psychiatric evaluation and treatment.

grin grin

Under Jonathan, Yolobas are not being killed but he was running his mouth like tap water, now he chose to keep mute despite heavy attrocities towards his people....#wicked
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by NGpatriot: 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
streetsoldier1:

Under Jonathan, Yolobas are not being killed but he was running his mouth like tap water, now he chose to keep mute despite heavy attrocities towards his people....#wicked
[/s]

Find something more intelligent to talk about.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by GedalyaIvar: 8:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

[/s]
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by NGpatriot: 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
Agboriotejoye:

If the opinion of the chief legal adviser to FG is irrelevant, I don't know what else is. You can show pictures of amotekun on the road or in forests to show they're in operation. Besides, if that opinion is not truncated, amotekun is easily headed for the pit as we all know the political backing behind that pronouncement by the AGF except you intend to play the ostrich again.

Hold your brakes though. Don't tribalise the issue. The group that asked for Tinubu's opinion are not from the tribe you seek to drag. I never conferred the title of asiwaju on him. Neither did the grp in question. You don't need to attack a particular tribe in order to colour your principal's ambitions which are as naked as daylight.
[/s]

Instead of ranting and raising your blood pressure over Tinubu because he did not talk to you over Amotekun, why not just sue him and take him to court.?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Kay25(m): 8:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
wetin Tinubu go say when he knows amotekun is against his robber brothers called fulanis
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Ofemannnu: 8:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Like I said before, Tinubu likes to be seen as the political leader of the Yorubas. If he wants to live up to that billing, then he needs to speak up at critical junctures as this. I remember a certain Buhari coming all the way to Oyo state to speak for the Fulanis. Same buhari also spoke for Boko haram when they were under fire from GEJ's govt and was even recognised by the group to be their representative in negotiations. That's what I'm talking about.
The govs have done well in coming together though three of them are still suspect. It however behoves on the perceived leader to show leadership at this point.

What Buhari did is called bigotry.I hope you are Yoruba and you understand the proverb that says...Yara gboro,lora fesi....hear,then take a while before you reply in order to give a good response.What the AGF said does not concern Tinubu,Obasanjo,Osinbajo but our able lawyers and they have responded creditably well.It all has to do about laws and constitution. I would have been disappointed if Obasanjo,Akinrinade,Tinubu or any other Yoruba leader has reacted.We have our mouthpiece like Afenifere,OPC etc.
Yorubas are known to be intelligent, don't let us act otherwise.
Our leaders including Tinubu have done creditably well by not talking now,yes now.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by GedalyaIvar: 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Instead of ranting and raising your blood pressure over Tinubu because he did not talk to you over Amotekun, why not just sue him and take him to court.?
[/s]
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by GedalyaIvar: 8:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
[s]

[/s]
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by streetsoldier1(m): 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

We know Una, so won't argue
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by tomju(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
irepnaija4eva:
Haaaah
Abeg make una free Tinubu nao haba..

Inflation in the country Tinubu.
Bandits rampaging even in the north Tinubu.
Increase in cup of garri Tinubu.
Traffic jam Benin ore Road Tinubu.
Pikin shit for road Tinubu.
Tinubu this, Tinubu that.
Everything Tinubu.
Tollgate Colection..Tinubu
Bullian vans in private residence Tinubu
My Iphone X is not charging Tinubu
Tenamt Wife born, pikin resemble Landlord Tinubu

HABA... angry angry angry

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by brosammy(m): 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
It is obvious the man will not support the Amotekun because of his ambition, but it is better to chose Amotekun, because Fulani will never support him come 2023
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by iamhorpey(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
is it Tinubu that will decide for them?? some heads have executed this already, so why wanting to hear from him #drama.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by temak1: 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
I don't know which section of the Nigerian constitution Tinubu is violating by not making public statement on Amotekun. Too many nuisances in Nigeria now!

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ofemannnu:

What Buhari did is called bigotry.I hope you are Yoruba and you understand the proverb that says...Yara gboro,lora fesi....hear,then take a while before you reply in order to give a good response.What the AGF said does not concern Tinubu,Obasanjo,Osinbajo but our able lawyers and they have responded creditably well.It all has to do about laws and constitution. I would have been disappointed if Obasanjo,Akinrinade,Tinubu or any other Yoruba leader has reacted.We have our mouthpiece like Afenifere,OPC etc.
Yorubas are known to be intelligent, don't let us act otherwise.
Our leaders including Tinubu have done creditably well by not talking now,yes now.

Bigotry? Excuse me, but is he not the president now or do you mean we voted a bigot in as president? Buhari simply pandered to his base. A move that is expected of any politician. It is such moves that earned him the followership he presently enjoys in the north.

Law and constitution bawo? Are you sure you're getting this in the right perspective? People have raised the hisbah police as well as the CJTF and asked why the AGF has not termed them illegal. Politics is at play here bro not law. Check out the bodies who have raised concern about the amotekun. MACBAN, ACF before the AGF joined in. Does that not tell you the AGF is on a hatchet mission?

What about Soyinka? Is he not our leader as well?
Or Banji Akintoye
Each individual you mentioned have their reasons for silence. I'm sure that of Osinbajo is well understood. OBJ has always wanted to be seen as Pan-Nigeria and hardly panders to tribal or regional sentiment. If Tinubu has some plans up his sleeve for being quiet, then all good. But so farm no signal from his side shows any support towards the initiative.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Good to know you have nothing else to contribute over the matter.
You can bury ur head neck deep inside tinubu's rectum for some cleaning, it's not my business. But we all know the import of the group's request.
The simple implication is they are challenging him to rise above individual interest and selfish politics to identify with his people and base during their time of need. The choice is still his to reply or not.
I hope you can wrap your simple thoughts around that
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by NGpatriot: 10:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
[s]
Agboriotejoye:

Good to know you have nothing else to contribute over the matter.
You can bury ur head neck deep inside tinubu's rectum for some cleaning, it's not my business. But we all know the import of the group's request.
The simple implication is they are challenging him to rise above individual interest and selfish politics to identify with his people and base during their time of need. The choice is still his to reply or not.
I hope you can wrap your simple thoughts around that
[/s]

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Ofemannnu: 10:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Bigotry? Excuse me, but is he not the president now or do you mean we voted a bigot in as president? Buhari simply pandered to his base. A move that is expected of any politician. It is such moves that earned him the followership he presently enjoys in the north.

Law and constitution bawo? Are you sure you're getting this in the right perspective? People have raised the hisbah police as well as the CJTF and asked why the AGF has not termed them illegal. Politics is at play here bro not law. Check out the bodies who have raised concern about the amotekun. MACBAN, ACF before the AGF joined in. Does that not tell you the AGF is on a hatchet mission?

What about Soyinka? Is he not our leader as well?
Or Banji Akintoye
Each individual you mentioned have their reasons for silence. I'm sure that of Osinbajo is well understood. OBJ has always wanted to be seen as Pan-Nigeria and hardly panders to tribal or regional sentiment. If Tinubu has some plans up his sleeve for being quiet, then all good. But so farm no signal from his side shows any support towards the initiative.

Soyinka etc are not in APC.
I have noticed something about Tinubu that he does not immediately voice his opinion except if it concerns APC or else he takes a very long time in responding to issues.I think we should let him be.A good leader does not talk like parrot if he is not a critic like Prof Soyinka who is revered worldwide as a Laureate. I still insist that it is better for Tinubu to use proxies than coming out to say anything for now.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by bakescos01: 10:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
Justinlean02:
I've been waiting for his comment more than anything cause now the SW will know the true nature of politicians and their dirty desire of self-centered,greed filled ambition
Hoping he comes through for them in the end...
On the other Note:
Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba and other ethnicity in our beloved Naija it's time to put the hating and tribalism aside, our generation needs to grow further away from such mentality instilled in us through colonialism and dirty politics. If we continue as we have all these years those politicians will never be held accountable. We're practicing Democracy and have failed woefully as learned folks to know that true power belongs to all of us not the few thief's claiming to run our nation...
it's time we stand as ONE or get squashed like scattered ants

Good one, I really pray our people to get rid of this tribalism game and start voting for people with positive potential into power and also stop fighting for these politicians, they are all same. The senators unite up there when they want to extort our money but divide us below so we won't form alliance to fight against them. When we fight each other we all are loosing and giving this corrupt politician more room to steal our commonwealth. The politicians of today have forgotten that they are called to serve Nigerians, they are now serving themselves. I just pray that this our generation will one day rise beyond ethnicity and religious differences and unite to get rid of this old corrupt politicians.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by nothingspoil70: 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Osinbajo should be given 36 hours to say something also.

They are both using yoruba identity to chop from the centre
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by tityboi: 11:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Livecrafts123: 12:20am On Jan 18, 2020
IDEMMIRI:
Tinubu will do anything to become the president, even if means selling the whole of SW to the Fulanis.

The bond between the Fulanis and Tinubu is unbreakable.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's okay to sell the SW to the fulas if it will serve the purpose provided he buys it all back again once he becomes the president but me, I don't see tinubu becoming the president of this country anytime soon.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by executive12: 12:46am On Jan 18, 2020
Dpharisee:
Hold it there, so you want him to talk so that Miyetti Allah will deny him of his 2023 Presidential ambition grin grin

So the Miyetti Allah now determines who becomes President?
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by sayisayi(m): 1:36am On Jan 18, 2020
Miyetti on hearing the ultimatum

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by mcquin(m): 3:40am On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

He is current National Leader of a National Political party so he cant make any reckless statement except well thought out statement which is Nationalistic and not anti party

thats the reality of a leader, or why else havent Obasanjo spoken up?

This men are not the novice type of politicians that talk before thinking and chase journalist about for attention

Party or the people you represent, who comes first?
No need raising wack defences. As a politician, your people are your first constituency and responsibility, else he's not deserving of being a leader in SW.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biafran Zionist Movement Sends "500 Military Personel" To Israel To Train / Anne-Marie Imafidon Awarded By Queen Elizabeth Arrives Royal Palace With Her Dad / President Buhari Feeling Relaxed At UN General Meeting (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.