Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,860 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position (44136 Views)

YPP Gives Tinubu 48 Hours To Suspend Interior Minister, Tunji-Ojo / How Obidients Successfully Destroyed Tinubu's 24 Years Propaganda Machinery / Group Gives Eze Ndigbo 7 Days To Leave Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by mcquin(m): 3:44am On Jan 18, 2020
stickle:
It is easy to be emotional about some of this things. But a little understanding of how things work in this country will reveal to you why BAT silence is for his good. he has political ambition and whatever he says or do now will count against him. He is a political leader.
Yoruba proverb says ' if you are yet to possess the matchet you can't start asking the kind of death that kill your father's.
If Tinubu is bit in support of Amotekun, Lagos State government wouldn't have supported it.
Even his enemies will be pushing him to commit blunder.
As to whether he will be president or not, only God knows.
Personal ambition ahead of the lives of the people you are to lead? Too bad but Nigerians deserve the kind of leadership they get.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by mcquin(m): 3:47am On Jan 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Tinubu is not the beginning and the end of everything in Nigeria, he doesn't have to be in the middle of everything in Nigerian and the fact that to some of you, nothing in Nigeria is relevant or means anything unless you see and hear from Tinubu even when it's not necessary says a lot about the man, his power and omnipotent presences in your daily realities.

Amotekun is the brainchild of serving governors and public officials in the SW, the same governors are capable of defending their program and they are successfully defending their efforts so they don't need Tinubu to speak for them, to undercut them or turn the whole into a Tinubu Vs FG affair.

This is when sensible, pragmatic and smart leaders stay above the fray and if needed, control, twist elbows and offer valuable ideas and advice in the background.

The people ranting about Tinubu not saying anything because they care about the SW or because they love Tinubu, they'd just love to see an open confrontation and turn the issue into Tinubu Vs Buhari instead of SW security Network Vs FG.

Tinubu is a smart man and he's doing the right thing by letting the governors defend and push through their efforts without taking the shine away from them or undercut their efforts and credibilities.

People need to relax and quit acting like babies.

Is Buhari against his top ally protecting his region? Why must Tinubu support a man that hates to see the SW being protected? Or is the SW now regretting supporting Buhari?
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by itsme01: 3:49am On Jan 18, 2020
mcquin:

Party or the people you represent, who comes first?
No need raising wack defences. As a politician, your people are your first constituency and responsibility, else he's not deserving of being a leader in SW.

whatever you like say, thats your knowledge of politics.. but politics is about getting things done and not making un needed noise to heat up polity

how many times have you seen Tinubu make statement anyhow? and hasn't he being oulling connection behind curtains for people accross the country? havent you seen Governors elect, senators and federal reps going to thank him for his political generosity? have you ever seen him goto press for any of this?
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by mcquin(m): 3:51am On Jan 18, 2020
Princewell2012:

What makes you think tinubu is not supporting them underground

Because he knows that Buhari might want to use federal might to rig the election. Hence the birth of Amotekun.
Why did he support Buhari in 2015 and 2019? Are they now strange bed fellows?
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Ofemannnu:

Soyinka etc are not in APC.
I have noticed something about Tinubu that he does not immediately voice his opinion except if it concerns APC or else he takes a very long in responding to issues.I think we should let him be.A good leader does not talk like parrot if he is not a critic like Prof Soyinka who is revered worldwide as a Laureate. I still insist that it is better for Tinubu to use proxies than coming out to say anything for now.
Ok then. If you say so. But you'll agree with me that if it were to be the north, El-Rufai, kwankwaso and co who are also politicians like Tinubu will be jostling for who will fire the first salvo. We all saw the active support El-Rufai gave to Fulanis in the kajuru matter even up to national level. Kwankwaso came to ife to speak for his people as well. Our leaders down south needs to know that they can't seek to please strangers by denying their children.
But if you say Tinubu knows what he's doing then we'll wait and see.
But if being in APC robs our leaders of their voices, then they need to rethink what they're doing there.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by HeeBraHim2(m): 7:09am On Jan 18, 2020
who is that illiterate miyeti allah to deny him from 2023 election, are they the whole nigeria. the choice of chosing president lie on all nigerian hand. so who is fulani to dictate.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Btruth: 7:25am On Jan 18, 2020
Tinubu will not like this at all. More like been box to the corner.

* support the Amotekun and his presidential ambition is gone in the north.
* denounce the Amotekun and he will be beaten in SW.

Oga oooo. Which kind wahala be this for Tinubu?

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Horladipupo0505: 7:28am On Jan 18, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
No be by force to speak naaa...

Jagaban would come through whenever he choose
u no overcomer..tinubu can and will Neva become the president..look at the circumstances dat surrounded him
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Yolmelifya: 7:28am On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

whatever you like say, thats your knowledge of politics.. but politics is about getting things done and not making un needed noise to heat up polity

how many times have you seen Tinubu make statement anyhow? and hasn't he being oulling connection behind curtains for people accross the country? havent you seen Governors elect, senators and federal reps going to thank him for his political generosity? have you ever seen him goto press for any of this?
[/s]
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by Maliqcious: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2020
Not far fetched why his lagos errands Boy was not present in the declaring of the operation. ..Sure He's not in support of Amotekun as a security outfit of the SW...By the way self must BAT contest for presidency come 2023...I think the south west needs to wake up and do all it takes to make Him irrelevant believe Me Yorubas are politically sophisticated too..
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by mcquin(m): 8:30pm On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

I'll start with your last point. Tinubu has always used the Press and was outspoken on restructuring during Jonathan's administration. He's suddenly gone MIS on Amotekun that is a sure way to restructuring because of his ambition.
You talked about politics being about "getting things done." Wetin be the thing en do? Instead of standing up to be counted, showing leadership as Afenifere, he's hiding behind the curtains and you say he's getting things done? Do you know as a Yoruba leader, his position on this matter is critical and will give the region a sense of direction?
The obvious truth many of you have refused to admit is Tinubu's selfish ambition is reason he is not speaking. Was Tinubu not outspoken during the "subsidy removal" brouhaha? SMH
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by itsme01: 8:37pm On Jan 18, 2020
mcquin:

I'll start with your last point. Tinubu has always used the Press and was outspoken on restructuring during Jonathan's administration. He's suddenly gone MIS on Amotekun that is a sure way to restructuring because of his ambition.
You talked about politics being about "getting things done." Wetin be the thing en do? Instead of standing up to be counted, showing leadership as Afenifere, he's hiding behind the curtains and you say he's getting things done? Do you know as a Yoruba leader, his position on this matter is critical and will give the region a sense of direction?
The obvious truth many of you have refused to admit is Tinubu's selfish ambition is reason he is not speaking. Was Tinubu not outspoken during the "subsidy removal" brouhaha? SMH

first Tinubu and his team started the DAWN (developmental agenda of western nigeria) commision that initiated Amotekun
secondly the frame work would be based on Lagos state Neigborhood watch Act
thirdly Osun and Lagos are stake holders and contributed equal cars and finance
lastly Obasanjo and Tinubu are not making open comments because they are National leaders that have grown past regionalism
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by mcquin(m): 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

first Tinubu and his team started the DAWN (developmental agenda of western nigeria) commision that initiated Amotekun
secondly the frame work would be based on Lagos state Neigborhood watch Act
thirdly Osun and Lagos are stake holders and contributed equal cars and finance
lastly Obasanjo and Tinubu are not making open comments because they are National leaders that have grown past regionalism

If Tinubu did all that you claim, it shouldn't be difficult for him to come out in open support of the program.
Was Awolowo not a national leader, did he not take positions that first safeguard the interest of his people? Was Tafawa Balewa not a national leader, did he no stand up for his people when it mattered? Is Tinubu more of a national leader than Buhari, has Buhari not been protecting the interest of his region since God knows when?

Stop with the lame excuses. Admit Tinubu's selfishness.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by itsme01: 8:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
mcquin:

If Tinubu did all that you claim, it shouldn't be difficult for him to come out in open support of the program.
Was Awolowo not a national leader, did he not take positions that first safeguard the interest of his people? Was Tafawa Balewa not a national leader, did he no stand up for his people when it mattered? Is Tinubu more of a national leader than Buhari, has Buhari not been protecting the interest of his region since God knows when?

I think your obsession with Tinubu is very worrying

Awolowo spoke on all issues with regionalistic veiws, Buhari might work behind doors for North but never would you see him openly speak on RUGA, or Amotekun never!! only his minions, and as for Tafa Balewa (golden voice of Africa) he was too Pan African for tribal and regional issues, he is fathered by a returned educated slave who located his root back to Northern Nigeria so he was not intrested in pettiness of region and that was why Sarduna sent him as Prime Minister.. same as Nnamdi Azikwe he was pan Nigeria and Pan African and never supported Ojukwu or Biafra
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by livebyday(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

Awolowo spoke on all issues with regionalistic veiws, Buhari might work behind doors for North but never would you see him openly speak on RUGA, or Amotekun never!! only his minions, and as for Tafa Balewa (golden voice of Africa) he was too Pan African for tribal and regional issues, he is fathered by a returned educated slave who located his root back to Northern Nigeria so he was not intrested in pettiness of region and that was why Sarduna sent him as Prime Minister.. same as Nnamdi Azikwe he was pan Nigeria and Pan African and never supported Ojukwu or Biafra

I am going to work with you to show you just how much you waste your own time

Let's tabulate the number of comments you post per minute
On different topics and objectively asses if your comment was necessary, needed, even worth it or if anyone who read it gained anything whatsoever

I have been following you for a while and trust me you would be shocked how much you talk

The sad thing is this is a clear indication of how you are as a person. It means you do talk way to much for a man and if there's one thing I have learned, women cannot stand a man who just gets off on the sound of.his own voice .
Dude learn when , what and if to talk or comment and you would be amazed how much people will start to appreciate your perspective.

Let's start .. for example please what is the point of your comment above
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by itsme01: 9:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
livebyday:

I am going to work with you to show you just how much you waste your own time

Let's tabulate the number of comments you post per minute
On different topics and objectively asses if your comment was necessary, needed, even worth it or if anyone who read it gained anything whatsoever

I have been following you for a while and trust me you would be shocked how much you talk

The sad thing is this is a clear indication of how you are as a person. It means you do talk way to much for a man and if there's one thing I have learned, women cannot stand a man who just gets off on the sound of.his own voice .
Dude learn when , what and if to talk or comment and you would be amazed how much people will start to appreciate your perspective.

Let's start .. for example please what is the point of your comment above

dude get busy with your own life, tailing me and offering cheap talks is a waste of your life I swear to Allah .. if for a seconds you think all nairaland are peasants then you need to rethink your life
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by livebyday(m): 9:11pm On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

dude get busy with your own life, tailing me and offering cheap talks is a waste of your life I swear to Allah .. if for a seconds you think all nairaland are peasants then you need to rethink your life

Again you are trying to hard to show you are something, which means you are trying too hard to over compensate for a clear lack .. grin

Now I am starting to understand why you are a Talkative.

Bro relax I like you, forget the lies and start doing something meaningful.

Talkless ... If you don't believe me that you are a Talkative ask the women around you to be honest.

I am.sure alot of them are just disgusted with how much you talk and they never wanted to tell you so they don't hurt your feelings.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by itsme01: 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
yen yen yen.. just accept it your report is as useless as anything i am here and you would continue seeing my comment grin grin please wail louder and write more pages am on other thread enjoying my self

livebyday:

Again you are trying to hard to show you are something, which means you are trying too hard to over compensate for a clear lack .. grin

Now I am starting to understand why you are a Talkative.

Bro relax I like you, forget the lies and start doing something meaningful.

Talkless ... If you don't believe me that you are a Talkative ask the women around you to be honest.

I am.sure alot of them are just disgusted with how much you talk and they never wanted to tell you so they don't hurt your feelings.

Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by mcquin(m): 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:

You must really think Tinubu bothers me. Atleast my Naira dear record is there for all to see.
Atleast you admitted Awolowo addressed issues of his region ahead of national sentiments. Clap for yourself.
However to say Buhari has been addressing issues of his region behind the curtain is plain stupidity. For a man whose appointments have revealed his level of bigotry? Did his spokesperson not throw their weight behind Ruga? Who does his spokesperson speak for, me? His government has since taken many critical projects to Daura. Did Buhari not speak out against Jonathan fighting Boko Haram. Was he not a national leader? You come here to show case your ignorance.

Go back and read up on the late Tafawa Balewa, how he spoke on preserving first the interest of the Hausa/Fulani.
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by livebyday(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:
yen yen yen.. just accept it your report is as useless as anything i am here and you would continue seeing my comment grin grin please wail louder and write more pages am on other thread enjoying my self

Bro

You miss the whole point then

It's you who reports to ban, I just flag so your comments are deleted which always happens

If I wanted you banned it's done simple

I am not as mean as people here think , I just usually get the offending comments deleted

Those I have gotten banned know themselves, to be honest you haven't really annoyed me to that point

Unlike the grill guy who has felt my wrath on multiple occasions

Just saying
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by itsme01: 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
long sermon again... i smell bruised ego hahaha take you L in peace

livebyday:

Bro

You miss the whole point then

It's you who reports to ban, I just flag so your comments are deleted which always happens

If I wanted you banned it's done simple

I am not as mean as people here think , I just usually get the offending comments deleted

Those I have gotten banned know themselves, to be honest you haven't really annoyed me to that point

Unlike the grill guy who has felt my wrath on multiple occasions

Just saying
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by livebyday(m): 9:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:
long sermon again... i smell bruised ego hahaha take you L in peace

L?

Bro it's just a conversation? You really are getting caught up in this make believe world aren't.you?

You do know this is just a news forum right ?

This is in no way real life right ?

Man I am shocked seeing you catching feelings over this?

An internet chat? Wow
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by NGpatriot: 9:53pm On Jan 18, 2020
mcquin:

See wahala o.

So, heaven go fall because Tinubu did not scream and yell to you about Amotekun.

Asiwaju the master strategist don't have your time.

grin
Re: Amotekun: Group Gives Tinubu 24 Hours To Reveal Position by tsdarkside(m): 4:58am On Jan 19, 2020
wetin consighn tinubu with una wahala....??
i wouldnt give a bleep either....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biafran Zionist Movement Sends "500 Military Personel" To Israel To Train / Nana Khadija Buhari At Sabiu Tunde's Wedding In Kaduna (Photos) / Kwankwaso And Governor Ganduje's Supporters Clash In Kano, Many Wounded (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.