Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row (55167 Views)

Tinubu Intervenes As Security Aide Tried To Stop His Handshake With Razaq Okoya / Oshiomhole Intervenes As Tinubu Throws Hands In Air At Rivers Rally (Video/Pix) / Security Intervenes As Fan Rushes At Atiku In Gombe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Just2endowed2(m): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2020
Siralgebra04:

U surely don't seem to be intelligent. Two Saudi courts discharged him for being innocent. But in your own brainless head u believe d man is a drug dealer.

Can you boldly say that all southerners on death row are guilty as charge? Can you sit down and think about that? If there are innocent frame up one, what will you as a government do? Will you be more tribaliistic like the fanatics we have in power?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Shach: 9:51am On Jan 18, 2020
nice move by the government, but if na chinedu or obinna even if its obvious that he is innocent Nigerian government no go even reason him matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Dicktionary: 9:55am On Jan 18, 2020
grin

Why are people so Foolish in this Forum?
Honestly they is difference between reading and comprehending and Reading like an Idiot!!

I see no Nepotism or whatever in this, the Governor of Zamfara state went to ask for the president Assistance and he got it.

If you think any one in your region was wrongfully arrested or jailed, let your Governor go and seek the president assistance, ASAP Rocky case comes to mind.
Your Governors are all Scumbags and PumpkinHeads.

Smh
AngryD!ck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:55am On Jan 18, 2020
WorldRichest:

No, Easterners are generational drug traffickers as known all over the world. From generation to generation, Easterners have been trafficking drugs. It is so pronounced that Easterners fought over drugs money in South-Africa, then came to a church in Ozubulu, Anambra State, Nigeria to kill each other. They don't guy a damn about God when doing drugs.

Therefore, do not compare any tribe or race to Nigeria Easterners when it comes to drugs trafficking.
What about drug usage? Who carries the trophy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

Even without a lawyer?

Ibrahim is truly innocent and must have been wrongly arrested.

Pls no idiot should bother quoting me if he can't prove Ibrahim's guilt as I'm not interested in any unintelligent ramblings.
And how did you prove his innocence and that he was wrongfully accused?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Babaheekmat: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2020
They must be killed

They are not Muslims they are sufi
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Jaqenhghar: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2020
budaatum:
I was not buying this "wrongly arrested", except I found the following which is a worry!

https://thenationonlineng.net/fear-over-23-nigerians-on-death-row-in-saudi-arabia/

Up till now nothing has been done about that "drug cartel" at Aminu Kano airport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by ProudDick: 10:06am On Jan 18, 2020
Simran94:

And how did you prove his innocence and that he was wrongfully accused?

Read the story again. He was freed by two courts even without a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by paix(m): 10:07am On Jan 18, 2020
Racoon:
Pronto! With immediate alacrity.Only when a fellow core hausa-fulani muslim is involve.This is the only thing that will make this ethno-religious insensitive government to act in this regard.Abeg, Leah Sharibu didnt do drug.The govt should have rescued her a long time.
My brother, if you belong, you belong and if you don't belong, you don't belong. Have you not heard what he said during his swearing-in in 2015, when he said "I AM FOR EVERYBODY (on my side) AND I AM FOR NOBODY (on the other side) "?
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by ProudDick: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2020
Shach:
nice move by the government, but if na chinedu or obinna even if its obvious that he is innocent Nigerian government no go even reason him matter.

His governor intervened. Has any chinedu governor intervened on his matter?

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by greggng: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2020
After going through the news, I believe Mr president is right with his action...is his duty to protect Nigerians where ever they are irrespective of their tribe and ethnicity. For the fact that nothing was found on this same man is an indication of his innocence...Again he has already been declared innocent in two judgement . One wonders why the Saudi authorities are still dragging his case. Nigeria should send a strong representation immediately before his head got chopped off like kudirats own..,Nigerian Head matters

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by ItooWorWor(m): 10:25am On Jan 18, 2020
The will chop his head off and there is nothing almajiri AGF can do about it
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:30am On Jan 18, 2020
DaBullIT:
Maybe you are lucky

there's been stories about innocent people's bags being used to transport drugs

what me I Know is that IPOB can never be innocent

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by bluecircle470: 10:34am On Jan 18, 2020
davodyguy:
Wrongly arrested indeed.

I traveled through almost 10 countries in 2019 and I'm wondering why I wasn't 'wrongly' arrested.

Yoruba says Enitó bà jẹ gbi l'oma kú gbi.

If you're clean, no one will arrest you.

Millions travel from Nigeria annual without being wrongly arrested, only very few unclean ones get arrested and rightly so

Don’t say so, you might not say.
May you never befall calamity you know nothing about
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by tomju(m): 10:40am On Jan 18, 2020
davodyguy:
Wrongly arrested indeed.

I traveled through almost 10 countries in 2019 and I'm wondering why I wasn't 'wrongly' arrested.

Millions travel from Nigeria annual without being wrongly arrested, only very few unclean ones get arrested and rightly so
You haven't started travelling. Just 10 countries out of 290 plus a few territories? Ajala traveller keep travelling until the day you are "wrongly arrested" .....God forbid na joke I dey o.
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Pataricatering(f): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2020
Yes but some times bad luck happens - there is a cartel at the Kano airport using nnovent people’s luggage to carry drugs ! They were busted but unfortunately some of their victims had been arrested in Saudi Arabia .
davodyguy:
Wrongly arrested indeed.

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by kayjay69(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2020
The islamic cleric should enjoy the same sharia law that they (Buhari and every islamic fanatic (emphasis on this)) are trying to create in Nigeria or atleast in some Nigerian states.

You reap what you sow.
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Pataricatering(f): 10:45am On Jan 18, 2020
Can u just quit your victim complex for once ?
ZombieTERROR:

Will you say same if Ibrahim Ibrahim was from the East

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by olax02(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2020
Wrongly arrested ko, wrongly arrested ni, Zamfara state governor should go there and defend him..They think they can spoil suadi as they have spoiled Nigeria....bubulism.

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by DaBullIT(m): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2020
I know what you are driving at , you are trying to spin my own comments against me as concerning Okolie the Hannan's sim buyer / cloner / fraudstar
but it's a different case , The gangs that smuggle drugs through innocent people's luggage were recently bursted in Lagos and Ridyah and one other place i forgot the name, another recent case was that of one hausa girl whose bag was loaded with tramadol and FG had to get involved but y'alls kept saying she was a smuggler and because her father is rich is why she got off the hook

the cases of mistaken identities i have seen and heard and read about SIM clones and number hijack more often than not fraud-related and it's hardly ever " false accusation"

Have a great weekend

Agboriotejoye:

Really? You really believe people can be innocent and wrongly accused? shocked sad

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:55am On Jan 18, 2020
itsme01:
angry

Wicked humans, this is why i lock my bag with padlocks and seal it with celotapes when travelling and i make sure i indicate the number of logage am declaring and its kilogram, and my hand lugage must never leave my sight till i board

shut up there!
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Alanwalker(m): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2020
WorldRichest:

Continue with your drug trafficking, one day monkey will go to the market and not return.
because he travels now makes him a drug trafficker.
Nigerians are really wicked and unreasonble
enemies of progress
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:58am On Jan 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

This what I'm saying.

shut up! do u think with ur brain or ur anus? well, i think the anus.
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Galadimabawa: 11:01am On Jan 18, 2020
In holly land anything we do is right.
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by gbagyiza: 11:03am On Jan 18, 2020
Racoon:
Pronto! With immediate alacrity.Only when a fellow core hausa-fulani muslim is involve.This is the only thing that will make this ethno-religious insensitive government to act in this regard.Abeg, Leah Sharibu didnt do drug.The govt should have rescued her a long time.

This is the pure truth. I swear Christians in Nigeria will continue to see this as an act of bias from the government. Buhari should use similar energy n response to act when Nigerians from other religion faces similar situations, if not people will continue to see his government as one sided.
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by gr8tone: 11:12am On Jan 18, 2020
Maybe the Islamic preacher thought that Saudi is like Nigeria where you can preach anything and get away with it. Nigerian version of Islam is barbaric and inhumane. Is it because he is a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Malcolm123: 11:16am On Jan 18, 2020
eagleu:
Buhari never asks his AG to wade into cases of Nigerians in other countries.
I am tired of muslim drug dealers being rescued with the instrument of the FG, while others are convicted and executed with celebration from the Buhari government.

Not sure why any sane person should go to a backwards country like Saudi Arabia, religion or not. When you chose to go to a nineteenth century nation like Saudi, you must bear responsibility for anything that happens to you.

I always find it funny wen Nigerians ar calling anoda country backward ....if Saudi or Riyadh is backward wetin we go call Nigeria??
yet all dis ipob ladies will be traveling to Arab countries to go do olosho for paki (Arab SL*VE)
Saudi or any gulf countries Qatar Kuwait or uae is at least 40 years ahead of any Africa shithole

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by philip0906(m): 11:16am On Jan 18, 2020
juman:
From the comments, one can see things were twisted by people.

It was zamfara governor that went to presidency for help on the issue.
I am totally believe if the accused person came from any state and their governor sincerely thought he was innocent and seek the presidency support. They would get the same response from the presidency.

I read through the comments and waited to see if anyone picked that line...unfortunately, all I saw was ethnic and tribal rants, till I saw your comment.

Great to see someone who reads and understands with probity. Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by philip0906(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Openbusiness:
Only muslim Fulani drug traffickers are innocent in Buhari's eyes. When will he do the same for the innocent igbo drug traffickers in Asian prisons? I guess Malami is the AGF for Fulani's muslims only. President I belong to everybody Fulani and I belong to nobody Fulani has spoken undecided
But did you read the key component of this news which is the fact that the "Zamfara state governor personally asked the president to intervene"...What this means is that this intervention is only happening because the number 1 man in the state, took it upon himself to come to the aid of his subject.

How many of our self centered south east governors, have ever personally appealed to the President to help her people on death row in South east asia?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by toye440: 11:23am On Jan 18, 2020
Time to connect him with his Allah.
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by BabbanBura(m): 11:26am On Jan 18, 2020
davodyguy:
Wrongly arrested indeed.

Dem never checked in additional bag to your checked in luggage before! Just pray it doesn't happen to you. This is not exonerating the cleric woo
Re: Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row by Nwaonyishi69: 11:35am On Jan 18, 2020
Are we saying Muslims are not part of this globally known lucrative business or as untouchables they could be free over anything?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Atiku Abubakar’s Campaign In Jigawa State / Acting President Osinbajo Is Not A ‘Nigerian’ - DELSU Lecturer / Senate Confirms Yahaya Muhammad, Buhari Nominee ‘Started’ School Before Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.