Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,018 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied (1315 Views)

My Car Vibrates When Speeding / My Lexus Car Vibrates When I Turn It On / My Car Vibrates When I Turn On Ac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by KOMBE: 3:29am On Jan 18, 2020
My 2003 Sienna vibrates when the brake is applied. This happens mainly when the car has been driven for some time but not so often when I just hit the road.
Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by daddytime(m): 4:26am On Jan 18, 2020
KOMBE:
My 2003 Sienna vibrates when the brake is applied. This happens mainly when the car has been driven for some time but not so often when I just hit the road.

I'm sure it happens when you have gone beyond 80 on your speedometer.

Your brake disc is the likely culprit.

3 Likes

Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 6:43am On Jan 18, 2020
KOMBE:

Just like what the person up said if it's not your brake disk then it's wheel balancing and alignment

My Lexus es 300 was having same issue sometimes last year we changed the brake disc with new brake pad it didn't stop I had to put my old one we went for wheel balancing and alignment
And the thing stopped

2 Likes

Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by Chigozie105(m): 11:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Please how can one control his car to stop when on high speed d break falls

1 Like

Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by Kseafresh: 5:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
Call 08033549735 (Oga Fide mechanic) if you are in Lagos or around.. He always have a solution to all car problems
Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by ORAGAMYFARMS(m): 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
Chigozie105:
Please how can one control his car to stop when on high speed d break falls

Engine braking.

Manual transmission, switch to lower gear in quick succession, from 5, to 3 to 2 then to 1 and finally use your hand brake when the car is at a lower speed, if crash is imminent before car comes to halt, use the road bolders by side swiping to slow or stop vehicle to avoid rear ramming car infront.

Automatic transmission, release your foot from the brake or accelerator, switch the gear to lower gear D3, D2, L etc depending on what type of gear your are using and control the car with the steering. Never switch to Park or Reverse with automatic transmission, you can destroy the transmission leading to free gear or the TCM would simply switch the gear to limp mode "Neutral" and car would still maintain it's initial speed leading to crash.

2 Likes

Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by mejai(m): 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
ORAGAMYFARMS:

Engine braking.

Manual transmission, switch to lower gear in quick succession, from 5, to 3 to 2 then to 1 and finally use your hand brake when the car is at a lower speed, if crash is imminent before car comes to halt, use the road bolders by side swiping to slow or stop vehicle to avoid rear ramming car infront.

Automatic transmission, release your foot from the brake or accelerator, switch the gear to lower gear D3, D2, L etc depending on what type of gear your are using and control the car with the steering. Never switch to Park or Reverse with automatic transmission, you can destroy the transmission leading to free gear or the TCM would simply switch the gear to limp mode "Neutral" and car would still maintain it's initial speed leading to crash.
But cars like Honda accord, if u put it in D3.... Won't u take off like an F16 grin
or new Benz models with only PRND. What happens?
Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by Bizzyliss(m): 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
mejai:

But cars like Honda accord, if u put it in D3.... Won't u take off like an F16 grin

benz has manual selection at the back of the steering wheel
Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by 9icetoo(m): 9:52pm On Jan 18, 2020
mejai:

It won't. As long as your foot is off the accelerator, the lower gear will reduce the speed of the vehicle.
Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by ORAGAMYFARMS(m): 10:42pm On Jan 18, 2020
mejai:

Like people have already said, you first need to study your gear orientation.

some tiptronic or manualmatic has only D then you have + and - to switch to lower gear or vice versal just move the lever to the plus and minus sign and tap in the right direction.

For the Benz gear lever by the column (ML350/500) thereis also a plus and minus sign, you just have to tap to the corresponding sign.

BMW, range rovers all have it, when you study the gear you will know what to do incase of eventuality
Re: Sienna Vibrates When Break Is Applied by Chigozie105(m): 3:32am On Jan 20, 2020
ORAGAMYFARMS:

Engine braking.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue / Toyota Avalon For Sale / Security Alert!put Your Car Keys Beside Your Bed At Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.