Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,525 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Why I Had Extra Year In School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Had Extra Year In School (435 Views)

Why I Separated Myself From Catholicism – Chimamanda Adichie / What Literature Books Did You Read In School? / Naughty Popo In School (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Had Extra Year In School by Eminent012: 8:19am On Jan 18, 2020
WHY I HAD EXTRA YEAR IN SCHOOL

It was in my second semester and we already started our degree exams. Trust me animal science degree exam is not a child's play.

I haven't paid my school fees and have written two papers out of 10 courses. This is against the school rules and regulations as any student that hasn't paid his or her school fees won't be allowed into the examination Hall.

My department cared less about it because any student that did not pay his or her school fees before exams must surely pay during clearance or there will be no certificate for him or her.

After my second paper on Wednesday 11th October my next paper was scheduled to hold on Monday, 20th October. But on Friday 18th October something happened, the new vice-chancellor summoned all the head of departments and queried them for allowing students without school fees receipt into the exam Hall.

After the long meeting he gave them high tech mobile software. This software is to help them identify students that have paid their school fees and those that haven't, just type in the students matric number and the app will display the student's passport photograph with either "paid" or "not paid".

This news spread like wildfire in the campus in split of seconds. Ahhh mogbé! I cannot have extra year I prayed. God there must be a way out. Friday night I didn't sleep oh how can I?

On Saturday morning I went to read at the classroom, I was there the whole day but I spent greater part of that of day thinking of where I can get 10,000 naira to add to the 10,500 naira in my bank account and pay my school fees.

I was discouraged and demoralized. I managed to read few topics no Ginger to cover all the topics. What is the essence when I won't write the exam on Monday.

Through Saturday night I was thinking about the school fees I almost slipped into depression. I was dozing, sleeping and waking up amid thoughts.

Early on Sunday morning, I woke up, determined to go and arrange chairs in the church, maybe God will look down on my services and provide my school fees.

Before I left for church, I decided to send my "able" friends WhatsApp messages, asking if they can lend me some money. I sent to about 15 of them.

All through the church service, I wasn't concentrating. The thought of extra year kept racing in and out of my mind. Immediately after church, I rushed home to see if any of my "able" friends were able to help.

I was disappointed. They all gave their reasons although very genuine as to why they can't. Some even referred me to other friends but I didn't heed to their advice. Maybe I was shy or possibly because of my pride and ego.

I decided to send messages randomly to some of my contact again to see if anybody could help.

I picked five of my contacts at random and forwarded the message to them asking for fund, 30 minutes later 4 of them replied me... same story they don't have or they have something they want to use it for.

I was even more confused. Then the last message entered. It was from Princess. She said "Pascal I'm sorry I don't have it right now but be rest assured you will write your exam on Monday. I have some friends that I will collect from then you pay them back later.

Dear, undergraduate students, you don't have to repeat my mistakes you don't have to always wait for Princess to help you in fact there might be no Princess.

The chance of getting this kind of help is 1 in 1000. You need multiple streams of income to settle your multiple streams of bills.
There are very many high yielding businesses to invest in and Agriculture is among them. I have good news for you. Im organizing a master class for just 1000 naira on poultry production.

In the master class will, you will be taught the processes involved in broiler production from start to finish.

Trust me this master class is just a giveaway compared to the knowledge you will acquire and the value that will be added to you.
If you spend so much money on your clothing and accessories why not save a little and add value to yourself.

If you save 200 naira daily then in 5 days you can register for this class. Trust me it cannot get any better.

Broiler production is the in-thing as there is high demand of poultry meat. The annual domestic demand for poultry is 1.5 million metric tons but only 300,000 is being produced locally 1.2 million metric ton is being imported before the border was closed so farmers are under pressure to meet up with the ever-increasing demand for poultry meat.

I don't know how else to convince you about this class but just give it a trial and you will be smiling to the bank in no distant time.

If after the class, it didn't meet up with your expectations, you will be refunded. Click on the link now to participate click on https:///E4Egrls6vopCSzF6bm78w6 For enquiries, click on https:///2348147112028 Or https:///2348164241080

So back to my story, Princess asked me to meet her at Garba Square just before the school gate on Monday morning and I did. She took me to a secluded corner and handed me some money from her purse. I counted it immediately and it was complete. I wanted to hug her but I didn't want to waste time before she changes her mind so I ran off with the money to the bank.

My exam was 3:00pm so I had a quick transaction at UBA bank and quickly dashed down to the school library where I did my final revision on the few topics I read earlier.

Guess what! I wrote the exam and passed. Now I'm a graduate of Animal Science. If you read to this point, kudos, you just read about 1045 Words.
Now click on the link below to participate in the master class. CLICK NOW...

https:///E4Egrls6vopCSzF6bm78w6

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Candles ...a Collection Of Pearl Poems / Let Talk Words In Emotions / I Need A Writer Who Specializes In Blockchain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.