Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,760 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

A Cry For Love - A Romance Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Cry For Love - A Romance Story (6070 Views)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:33pm On Feb 02, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 16

© Tisa Phiri

Chisomo…..

The shouting and screaming from Ketty`s room was getting so loud, I tried to cover my ears not to hear them fight but it was in vain. I knew the day Ketty would find out things would be bad, so instead of staying and watch their lives get destroyed because I could not control my feelings for the man I knew didn’t belong to me, I decided to pack my things and take my leave.

“You have overstayed Chisomo, its time you moved on” I whispered to myself putting the last item in my bag. I could not stop my tears so I let myself cry softly as I looked around the place for the last time, I had to find a way of starting over and I knew I had to move out quickly before anyone could tell I was gone. Where I had to go, was not yet decided, all I needed was move out as soon as possible, I knew from the first time things wouldn’t be easy but now, I had to find a way of moving on with my life, since mom died, I had kind of stopped living and the only good thing about my life were the strong feelings I had developed for Mario, I felt I had no right to come between a relationship that was built for some time with love.

“Madam, Madam! “ John the worker, called out as I walked towards the gate slowly and sadly.

“Where are you going with that bag? Is the boss coming with you?” he asked walking towards me I didn’t stop to respond, I waited till I was outside the gate then I looked at him.

“Am leaving Ba John, my stay in this house is over and am not coming back” I faked a smiled but the tears betrayed me they fall down slowly he shook his head.

“what is wrong Madam, I am sure whatever it is madam Ketty will sort it out, she is a good woman and I know she can help” he suggested innocently.

“Thank you for your concern ba John but I have to go now, bye” I nodded and walked to the road. The moment I got to stand by the road side, a taxi pulled over and I stopped it getting in without looking back. I was to leave and never look back at all or my feelings would lead me back to the man that belonged to another.

The first place I thought of was my friend`s house in George compound, he was the only person I could trust. Unfortunately I had very few girlfriends and of late I never got to see any of them, I was so carried away taking care of my mother and I lost touch with them.

“Chisomo, what a surprise!” Jared marveled upon seeing me drop in front of his house. I greeted him and moved back to the trunk to get my bag and he stood there shocked.

“What is with the luggage?” he asked not moving an inch to help me with it.

“Um, can we sit inside?” I asked instead as the taxi drive started his engine after I paid him his fare.

“Inside? Okey, come on, let’s go in” he made a surprised face at me as he grabbed the bag and led the way into the house. I looked around the small two roomed house I had known for quite some time. Jay and I were friends from high school, he was our regular visitor even when mom was still alive and I used to visit him so much too.

Like me, Jay had no parents, unfortunately for him, they died when he was still so young he had to start fending for himself when he was only 13, his uncle`s wife chased him from their house and he started doing small jobs renting some room with his friends till he was old enough to start renting his own. After struggling in high school, we both completed and he right away went to study some electrical course and 2 years later he was working with the Chinese guys who were in construction. Jay had refused to move, he always told me his small house was his heaven and until he was sure he was settled, he wasn’t going to move out. I had several times gone to see him, especially when I was not selling on the weekends, of course till my mother’s illness got bad.

“Chichi!” he called my name the way him and my mother usually called it.

“what is going on, after the funeral I barely saw you and the many times I went to your house I was told you were no longer living there, you couldn’t even call to let me know about yourself, and now you show up looking like someone has just died again? What is it Chichi?” he sat next to me so concerned.

“Am done my friend, my life is over” I started now tears coming out and falling to my folded hands.

“What? What do you mean over? , the only time someone would say their life is over is when they are dead my friend, even the dying have hope of living, as long as you have your breath, then know there is a God somewhere and no matter what, hope surrounds us” he smiled as always.

That was one thing about Jay, he always had something to say and he always amused me with his wisdom. in that area, I never knew anyone better at that than him.

I went on explaining to him the entire story, I had no other way out, I had to pour my pain and thoughts to someone and that was just it, Jay watched and shook his head the entire time as I narrated my story from the beginning.

“So here I am, I have wasted so much and now I will not stand in the middle of a great love story. Can you keep me here for a while till I figure out what to do with my life?” I asked wiping the tears from my face. He came and looked direct at me holding my hands.

“am so sorry you had to go through all this Chisomo, I will not say it’s entirely your fault though, you were pushed to the wall and sometimes, we tend to think of only sacrificing for those we love ignoring the daring consequences of our actions. I know it’s painful but I also know you so well, you are stronger than what you are feeling right now and soon all this will be over” he comforted me with a wide smile.

“So now what about the baby you were paid to deliver?” he asked after some time of silence.

“I was thinking as I was heading this way, I am going to sale the house, I mean the one we used to live in in Matero, it’s the only thing I have to my name and since the only amount am owing to Ketty is the down payment of 15 thousand she gave me for mom`s operation, I might just manage to raise that money and pay her back all of it, am not doing this Jay, not anymore, my mistake was to think I could buy someone`s life and my mother is no more. I will not sale this baby again, no way am giving them this child even though it was Ketty’s idea to have a child. Now I have more reason to keep the baby since am in love with the father” I added with a smile Jay sat back shaking his head.

“What happened to you? You used to believe in God so much you could have never done what you did “ he whispered sadly.

“I lost my way Jared, what can I tell you? My mother`s illness got me so tired and weak I had no other option, you saw how I ran around to find money but all was in vain. Am only human my dear and this time I went far off I have no idea how to come back” I told him honestly.

“Anyway, you know this house is open to you, any time. So you stay as long as you want until you figure out something, I have added a room at the back where I had one of the guys renting it but I will ask him to leave so it can be your bedroom for now” he smiled,

“No, no, you had it built so you could raise some money, I will not take that place jay, let me just be sleeping here in this room, I will be okey really” I tried to tell him but he smiled standing up.

“Stop talking nonsense, what are friends for? Besides, the idiot doesn’t even pay rentals anymore, he is owing for several months” he assured me.

“well, let me be the one to pay you then, that way I will not feel guilty of invading your privacy” I suggested standing up too.

“you will pay me whenever you will have enough for yourself and that child you are carrying Chisomo, for now, let’s see how you will get up and start over” he shrugged and pulled the bag to his other room I watched him.

“He is always a good person” I thought to myself and sat back in the small sofa looking around.

Days then weeks passed and Jared kept me so well, he would go for work and come back with some foods for both of us. I was never getting over the thoughts of Mario, every night I dreamt of him, I could see him in my dreams asking me to go back to him.

“I miss him” I told Jay as we ate one day.

“Who?” he asked again pushing the topic away. He always insisted I forgot about Ketty and Mario and only paid attention to my baby. For weeks I tried to find a buyer for the house but I wasn’t luck enough to find one.

“Mario?” I looked at him.

“look, here, I don’t want to hear that name in this house Chisomo, if that man was sensible enough he would have never allowed a woman to manipulate him into believing in such a stupid idea, besides, the idiot could not even decide what he felt for you cause it’s clear it was not love as he claimed. If that was the case, he could have chosen you without debate. Look at you, you are the most amazing person I know, you are beautiful and am sure you are no match for the writer fiancé or wife of his whatever they are.” Jay lamented.

He was right, I had to find a way of moving on and even though my pregnancy was now showing and some neighbors beginning to talk about me being impregnated by Jared, he told me to focus on what was positive till everything was fine.

“Thanks Jay “I smiled honestly.

“Don’t start Chichi, you are my friend and that is what friends do, they stick together in times like this. So now I got good news”

He smiled siting up.

“Really? I asked looking at him.

“Yeah, I found a buyer, I told him your original offer but he said for a one bedroomed house like that he can pay K65, 000 instead of seventy”

But we said K70 Jay, I need some of that money to start over you know that” I argued

“I know my dear, but think of it, it’s the only good deal we have been able to make so far, the guy is willing to pay in cash” Jay continued.

“Well, you are right, that house is old anyway, let us just get whatever he is offering and get over this already. So when can he pay the money?” I asked

“Well, tomorrow I will let him know you agreed and then we see what happens next.

A day later, I was standing by the gate to Ketty`s house. it was silent and I could see from the small opening that Ketty`s car was not in the yard. I knocked softly and John came.

“Madam Chisomo, finally you came” he smiled greeting me.

“Yeah how are you?” I quickly asked not to waste time.

“The boss Mario has been looking for you with his girlfriend, he told me if at all I ever saw you I had to call him and let him know.”

“No,” I stopped him

“please don’t call him, am not here to stay, I just came to leave this for your boss, it’s something I got from her and I want her to have it back, tell her am so sorry for everything and that I appreciate her kindness towards me when I stayed here. I cannot come back though, I need to start over. Please don’t open this package and hand it to her direct. There is a note inside to explain further” I instructed him and he shrugged getting the small box in which I had put a K20, 000, 5000 more to compensate her for the trouble. It was neatly wrapped I was so sure John wouldn’t open the wrappers to check it was money inside the box.

“Come on, let’s go now” Jay called from the car we used.

“yeah, thanks for bringing me here Jay it’s all settled now” I smiled sadly at him as he drove us away using his friend`s car.

“Are you okey?” he asked looking at me.

“Yeah, I will be don’t worry” I sighed looking ahead.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:51am On Feb 03, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 17

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty….

Months of searching for Chisomo had all been unfruitful, it was like she just vanished into thin air. To make the matters even worse, Mario and I never got married, he completely refused to get married, claiming there was too much on our minds and we needed time to be sure after everything that had happened. I was devastated but I could not get a man to marry me by dragging him to the alter. So I decided to go by his terms.

“Well, since you have denied me marriage and yet you claim you still love me, let’s start staying together. We have past the stage of just girlfriend and boyfriend. So will you move in with me?” I asked him

“I don’t think it’s right Ketty, I mean, I cannot just move in with you, am a man and until we deiced otherwise, we will leave our separate lives” he argued calmly but I didn’t take his response lightly.

“You will not lie to me Mario, you and I know you have changed so much. You should stop lying that you love me and spit it out to me in black and white you no longer feel the same” I cried looking away.

“I do love you Ketty, I just don’t want to enter into a marriage with lots of arguments and unsettled issues. Please understand” he responded.

“By unsettled issues. You mean Chisomo?” I asked him.

“You know what? Am moving in with you, if that will make you happy Ketty” he stood up.

I knew he was just avoiding yet another topic about Chisomo but that was a relief on my behalf, I knew having him that close would make him realise what we had before and maybe come to his senses. He moved in a few days later and unlike before, there was no much interactions as before, I noticed Mario`s schedule had changed. He would go for the gym every day after work, and during weekends he spent the days out with his friends.

Trying to ask him to spent time with me was by force, he always found a way of sneaking out on me.

“it’s all your fault Ketty, you cannot blame a man for this” my friend Sera would throw it in my face.

“well, he is wrong if he thinks am going to let him go on with this, he will one day realise what is important and necessary in his life” I told Sera.

I however never gave up on looking for Chisomo, all I needed was my baby and I was not going to let her have the baby. it was mine and no matter what, I intended to get what I had paid for.

I was lost in thoughts as I drove back home and sighed when I was there In the front, John came to open for me and walked towards me after closing the gate back.

“John, what is it? You look like you have something to say” I looked at him.

“yes madam, I have something for you” he showed me a box wrapped up neatly.

“What is this?” I asked him receiving the package, in my heart I had thought it was a surprise gift from Mario. Excited I went to sit down with a wide smile.

“What time did Mario come here to bring this?” I asked unwrapping the package.

“No madam, it’s not ba boss who brought than in.. it was…”

“What? Who brought it then?” I asked him before he could finish stammering.

“It was madam Chisomo, she told me to give it to you personally and make sure you were the one to open it”

“Chisomo?” I put it down my heart racing,

“Where is that woman? Where is she?” I stood up

“She is gone madam, she just told me to give you that and tell you she is sorry for everything. That was all” he added

“Okey thank you, you can go work now” I dismissed him not wanting him to see how his news delivery had affected me. I slowly opened the package with no idea what was inside it. Finding some money in it I was taken aback.

“What is this?” I asked myself and right at that moment Mario walked in.

“Hey baby! “He greeted throwing his cap on the couch and coming to sit next to me.

“What is that?” he asked seeing I was lost.

“It’s money Mario, its money” I responded in a rush my heart still racing.

“Yeah I can see its money but why are you wrapping it? “He asked leaning back.

“Am not, here, it’s from Chisomo, I was given this by john that that lady had the guts to come to my house in our absence and drop this money, as what? A repayment for the money I gave her, this girl is so messed up if she thinks I will accept this” I snapped.

“What are you talking about Ketty? You mean Chisomo just came and left this money without saying anything? How?”

“Here, how do you explain this?” I handed him the money and a small folded paper fall off, he went down to pick it...

“It’s a note” he sighed and unfolded reading it.

Chisomo had just explained how sorry she was for ruining our love story. She stated how she was appreciative she was that I treated her well.

“I never intended to get Mario close to myself believe me Ketty. About the baby, i have decided to keep it but am sorry I won’t give it to you. Enclosed is the sum of 20 thousand, thought of giving you back what you gave me for my mother and for all your troubles. Am so sorry, Chisomo”

She signed off the letter, Mario sunk back defeated, it was like that letter had made him lose all hopes of seeing Chisomo.

Mario….

I looked at Ketty as she went on speaking ill of Chisomo, in my heart all I could think of was where she was, who was taking care of her, how the baby was growing inside her.

“I miss you a lot Chisomo, I miss you” I whispered to myself after Ketty had left the room in a rush I had no idea where she was going.

A week later, I was driving through town still clad in my uniform in the afternoon, then I saw her, Chisomo was walking slowly crossing the road to the opposite direction, I was almost getting out of the car to get to her when a tall dark guy hurried to her and she turned to look at him with a smile. The two of them walked away they talked happily.

“What?” I asked myself.

“she cannot possibly be with another man like that when she damn knows she is carrying my baby” I was not talking loudly the woman passing where I was looked back and shook her head, she was probably thinking I was crazy.

By the time I got out of the shock of seeing Chisomo with another man and follow her, she was gone, I tried to look around but it was like she had disappeared in thin air.

Frustrated, I drove back home. Ketty was in the living room on her laptop when I got home, I kissed her slightly as we greeted.

“How was work?” she asked me.

“Good, you? How is that book coming on?’ I asked

“Well, by the way I have found a solution to finding Chisomo” she announced pushing aside the laptop.

“Okey, am listening” I stopped in my steps.

“Yes, but I will not give you the details, just know that at the end of the day we will have our baby.” she smiled widely I felt shivers in my body. Her manner of speech scared me for some reason.

“Why won’t you give me the details huh? Ketty, I honestly don’t like your obsession with Chisomo, she is a victim in all this you know.” I tried to get her to reason.

“a victim, is that what you call her, she took advantage of you and manipulate you with her poverty and fake sorrow, she is the reason we are not married and to top it all, she had the guts to throw money in my face and tell me she will keep our baby? “ she shook her head.

“Your baby huh? You practically pushed that girl on me Ketty this is not fair. You cannot spite that girl to plan badly against her “

“It’s not fair? Mario. Tell it to my face that it’s not because of her that we are even talking to each other like this. You know what?, I know money cannot buy happiness for sure, but it will surely allow me to get what I have lost, that baby and you” she shrugged and pushed back the chair standing up.

“By the way, am pregnant and I told your mother that too, she was for the first time happy with me. “ Ketty smiled.

“What? You are pregnant? But… how?” I wondered looking at her holding her stomach.

“well, that baby will one day come in this house and people will have to believe I carried it, so yeah, am pregnant to the world Mario” she spoke and turned to walk away.

I looked at her, now practically worried, whatever she was at was not good.

Read episode 17 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/01/a-cry-for-love-part-17.html
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:10am On Feb 04, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 18

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty…

The sound of the coffee maker was louder than normal in my ears as I watched my mother enjoying the pleasure of me asking her help. I had no other way now that things got to this point. Mario was calling it an obsession, but I called it getting back what belonged to me. I wasn’t going to let Chisomo, take away my man and my baby, for me whether I didn’t get to carry it, I knew it was mine since the man it was conceived from was mine, I was the reason Chisomo even had it so come what may, I vowed to get back what belonged to me, her returning my money was not going to work at all,

“She is mistaken if she thinks I would take the money and forget everything. “ I told myself.

“Hmm, so let me get this straight Ketty, you want to hunt a pregnant woman who slept with your man so that you have the child? “My mother asked me sipping on her hot coffee.

“Yes, are you going to help me or not?” I asked without wanting her to ask a lot of questions.

“hey, hey, easy there girly, am not someone you can just come around and give orders to, am your mother and if you are here for help, you need to work on my terms and put your horses down.” my mother raised her voice at me walking to the living room.

“You know what, I knew coming here was a mistake, I don’t even know why am here forget it mom, i will look for the girl myself” I shook my head standing up.

“oh, if I were you, I would tone down and get what I need first before storming out, besides, I know the entire truth, you cannot hide things from me you know that, that day I came to your house and you gave me some silly laugh about your man, I knew things were not right, I had to carry out my own investigation, for starters…” she paused placing down the mug.

“I know that woman I found was a girl you hired to get pregnant for you, secondly I know she is out of your house and that is why you are looking for her. How dare you? You behave and think as a person in an uncivilized world, how could you give your man to another woman like that? You are so dull I sometimes wonder how you can even be from my womb” she spat chuckling I felt hurt by her words.

“am not dull mother, I already told you it was all planned and whatever you think you know is not the entire truth, I will have things under control soon” I responded but she clapped her hands seeing through my desperation.

“You could have left already If you didn’t need me, now, what is in it or me? You know I will get you what you want, unlike you, am not a failure, sit down and lets discuss this” she spoke with so much determination, I knew I was to get what I needed. She was not a good person for sure and now was not the time to look at good, I needed someone who could get me Chisomo and get her to obey and listen to my command and there was no better person than my mother.

I went on telling her everything as she demanded and I could see her pride swell as she threw it in my face for being careless and thinking low. I had to take it all in, in order to get my results though.

“so, get me my money Ketty, 50 % of the profits you will make from your company for a year will be mine and in exchanged I will give you this poor girl, not only that but I will get your child too” she smiled widely as she led me to my car outside.

“be careful mother, I don’t want anything to happen to Chisomo and the baby In the process I just want what belongs to me that is all” I cautioned her and she smiled at me.

“You know you are not a bad person, and are not capable of hurting anyone, so why not let go of this then?” she teased me.

“Well, am not, you are right though, am sure you will do anything for money, even kill your husband for example, “I stated knowing that will get her of my back for a moment.

“You never stop do you?” she shook her head letting go of the car and I drove out watching her in the side mirror as her house disappeared slowly as I joined the road.

“I will wait for your call mother!” I shouted back.

Chisomo….

I was walking down the road from the antenatal clinic one afternoon, when a car drove by stopping in front of me.

“Good day mam” a man greeted from the window, he wore a nicely tailored suit and wide smile.

“Good day” I greeted back.

“am sorry to stop you my lady, but I need to find out where George Central police station is around here, I have been going round and round but I seem not to find this place. Can you help me with directions? ” he asked with a grin, I looked at him and he seemed not like a bad person at all, he looked gentle and had a soft calm smile, he didn’t look lost either but I had to tell him, it was going to be impolite for me to just tell him that to his face.

“Well, take the straight route and ….” I went to on giving him directions.

“Thank you so much lady you seem to be heading in the same direction?” he asked starting his car engine.

“Um, yes I stay a Few meters away from the police post Sir” I smiled

“Well, then, even better, jump in I take you as you show me the place too” he insisted and after a bit of hesitating, I decided to do as he asked and the rest of the journey he kept asking me questions.

“So you are married?” he asked and I knew he was starting to cross the line.

“Yes Sir, am sure you would not assume I got this pregnancy from the streets huh?” I asked sounding serious he smiled

“Am sorry, you are a beautiful woman and your man is lucky to have you. “he smiled looking ahead and I turned to look at him. He was not the first man to admire me even in my state so I blushed off the thoughts of him the moment he dropped me by the police post as I insisted I walked from there onwards.

Jay was outside hanging his clothes when I got there and he rushed to get the plastic of vegetables and bread I had carried in my hands.

“Welcome back Bana Mpundu” he teased as he always did.

“Say that again and i will punch you in your face, you sound like those call boys in town” I scoffed sitting down on a stool. My pregnancy was now showing at 7 months and i was getting tired easily.

“What?” I asked seeing Jay watching me silently.

“I love you” he spoke without warning and I looked at his face.

“What did you say?” I asked, the first thought upon hearing those words was Mario. It was like he was the only man that had told me he loved me since I was old enough, now whenever I heard the words, I remembered him and it hurt.

“I love you Chisomo, you are my best friend and I love you” he said this time with a smile I knew it was one of those times he played some jokes with me.

“Come on, you and I know that you are the only person I trust and love in this world, you are like a brother to me and you give me so much courage to forge ahead. Even when I wanted to move out and start renting my own house now that my boutique and shop are doing fine you wouldn’t allow me leave cause you feel am not safe alone. I love you Jay and thank you a million times for everything” I smiled grabbing his hand as he stood there tall before me.

“You are my best friend forever” I added

He bent down and before I knew what he was up to, he kissed my lips and smiled.

“No, I love you like that” he smiled again standing up and walking away. I was shocked. for a moment I thought it was a dream and I touched my lips to make sure I was hearing and seeing things right, feeling my lips still wet I realized it was actually happening. But before I could figure out what to say, Jay`s girlfriend walked in giggling teasingly.

“I knew it, you two were up to no good at all. Tell me Chisomo, why do you pretend to be friends with my man when all you want to do is take him away from me huh?” Esther asked standing there holding her waist in her leggings and loose body top.

“Esther” I sighed realizing how much Trouble Jay would be in for his stupid act.

“Yes me, Esther, the girlfriend to that man you are kissing shamelessly in public. What the hell is your problem Chisomo? Jay told me how you slept with another woman`s husband to get pregnant and now you want my own, no, no and no I will not allow it” she shouted her voice so sharp I was lost of words.

“Esther! Esther watch your mouth!” Jay came out pulling her away from me as tears now rushed out my eyes.

“You, you told her everything?” Asked jay now hurt he had blown my story to the whole world.

“Am, um, am sorry Chisomo, she forced me to tell her the truth, I had no..” he stuttered and before he could finish I slapped him hard across the face.

“I trusted you! I trusted you and you told the world about what I told you? How dare you” I spat angrily

“It’s not the world, he told me because am his woman Chisomo, what were you thinking? My man would keep you in here for months without explaining things to me? You are so naïve and pathetic. He is mine “she screamed her voice out I could see some neighbors gathering so I walked into the house and went in my room crying myself out.

“get out ! You are so unbelievable!” I could hear Jay scream to his girlfriend outside and I lay down crying.

“Am I cursed or what?” I asked myself. It was like everything good coming to my life found its way out immediately. First it was my father and brother, they died leaving me with my mother, now she too was gone, I found the unexpected love of my life and it all ended in tears, now this? The man I trusted as a friend confessing love to me and now the drama with his girlfriend.

“When is this going to end?” I asked myself

“When?” I whispered loudly..

I heard footsteps and Jay came standing by the door way.

“Chisomo, please don’t cry please I beg you” he whispered

“Why won’t I cry Jay? Tell me why I should not cry when everywhere I pass people are always laughing me at because you went to tell your girlfriend what I told you in confidence?” I sat up looking at him.

“am so sorry, I really didn’t mean to tell her but you know how she is, she started accusing me that am in love with you and I had no other way of defending myself” he sighed

“Well, now what was that outside, huh? Why did you kiss me Jay?” I asked. He looked down the floor without a word.

“You see, you had to cause that trouble for me for nothing, you are right? It was better for your girlfriend to know the truth but you should have asked me first. Now she has blown the news. Anyway, am leaving. I really appreciate what you have done for me and if it was up to me I would pay back everything but you won’t allow me. I cannot stay here anymore, I just can’t” I shrugged wiping my tears.

“No, you cannot leave, yes, I kissed you because I meant to, I love you Chisomo, I have always loved you. I never had the courage to tell you before and when you came with the issue of Mario and Ketty I was heartbroken but I had to take care of you. After all they say love is greater shown in action than spoken, I love you please don’t leave” he begged holding my hand.

“My God, even you?” I asked him.

“You are the only person I have Jay, you are my friend and my family, now you want to push me away? Why? Why do you want to make life a living hell for me with your girlfriend? Why do you want to become another Mario in my life? Am I cursed that I have to always cross the path of love belonging to another woman?” I shed more tears my heart was bleeding.

Jay apologized for saying something about his feelings for me and insisted I stayed with him, but I could not, I packed out a couple of days later renting a house close to where I had opened my shops within the area. “Am sorry but I have to go” I told him as I left.

“No, am sorry for causing you pain again Chisomo, no wonder I said nothing before because I wanted us to be friends for always. Am sorry”

He was right, now I felt bad I had to avoid him too. I needed him as a friend but with Esther figuring out his feelings for me, I was never going to have peace at all. I had to move on and take care of myself and the baby.

Read the story here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 12:01am On Feb 05, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 19

© Tisa Phiri

Chisomo….

Living alone, was not easy, I felt a lot lonelier than ever, I missed my mother more. Every night I would go to bed and cry myself to sleep. I wished time and again, Jay had not spoiled our friendship with his love speech, at least I could be with him and think less about what was about my life.

Esther had always been on his back to make sure she was not letting him out of her sight. The few times I got to see Jay was when he sneaked out and came to see me.

“If it was up to me, I would leave Esther and be with you” he would say even against my protest he never spoke to me about love.

“I love you as a friend you know that, so stop talking about this your love thing again and again because whatever you think will happen between us, it will never come to pass” I would tell him.

“I know why” frowned.

“Know what?”

“It’s that man Mario, you still love him don’t you?” he would challenge me. Of course I never admitted it to his face as much as I tried to avoid thinking about the feelings that I had for Mario. I thought the more I avoided talking and thinking about him I would forget him, well they say whatever you feed your mind is possible but unfortunately for me it was my heart speaking and there was no way my mind would process and make me forget about the man it wanted, so I spent nights and silent days inwardly wishing he was with me. I was laying in my bed one night lost In thoughts, when they came a soft knock from my front door, looking at time I wondered who it was.

“Jay” I sighed realizing he was the person that could possibly come at that time, it was a few minutes past 20 pm. wrapping a fleece around myself, I walked to the door. I didn’t even bother to turn on the lights knowing I would not allow him inside the house.

“Jay its lat…..” I couldn’t finish my sentence as I opened the door the sight of the man standing there made me pause and feel my heart racing.

“Is that his name?” he asked folding his hands across his chest. I wanted to close the door and run back inside but he held it wide.

“Do you love him?” he asked still holding the door and not moving from where he was standing.

“Mario, what are you doing here?” I finally found my voice.

“Why? Tell me why you had to make me go through hell, spend sleepless nights wishing I could only see you. I love you Chisomo, why is it so difficult to understand that? You could have allowed me watch my baby grow from inside you and know how you are doing. “ He went on his voice so cold and sad I swallowed so hard avoiding to look at him, luckily I was in the dark as he stood outside where the outside light shined in his face. I could see him clearly, tears running down his face. He didn’t bother to wipe them out. It was not my intention to make him sad and it hurt so much seeing him that way.

“Mario, please, you have to go, I don’t know how you found out where I am but it’s not right that you are here, please I don’t want any problems, allow me to have peace please” I spoke almost in a whisper, it was like I was afraid someone would hear my inside voice screaming out what I really wanted.

“how is my baby?” he asked ignoring every word that I spoke that moment, I touched myself unconsciously and the baby inside me moved like it was aware the father was close.

“fine, the baby is fine” I answered him and before I could say more he moved close and held my belly rubbing it gently I couldn’t get him not to, I wanted to but my hands remained stuck on my sides.

“I missed you both, I missed you so much” he raised his face at me, I wonder why he was looking direct at me as though he could see my eyes, I assumed he was not able to cause I was still standing in the dark.

Clearing my throat, I held his hand away..

“Mario, you have seen am okey, can you leave now?, please” I asked him.

“Why? Is it because of that tall dark guy I saw you with? Is it because of him that you lied about your feelings for me and ran away? Was it because of him that you gave back the money so that you will not have me by your door?” he asked now pushing me slightly we both stood inside the house.

“Is it that, that.. Man, that Jay? ” he raised his hands struggling to mention Jay’s name.

“Yes!” I found myself answering without thinking through it.

“What?” he asked now closing in to me.

“where is the switch I want to see through your eyes as you speak” he paused looking around, seeing the switch near the door he turned it on and now I could see he was not the same man I knew before, he was so sad, his eyes looked tired and different, it was like he had been working for hours without rest.

“You said?” he asked lifting my face.

At the moment I thought of Ketty, I knew by then they were married and he probably didn’t even tell her where he was, I knew giving in to him would just complicate things for me and my un born baby, there was no way in the world I would trade my child for my self-satisfaction even if it meant for the man I loved. I had to find a way of him staying away and I grabbed the opportunity

“Tell me the truth Chisomo, why have you decided to punish me” he asked again as I remained silent for minutes

“Yes, it’s because of him, I love him Mario, just like you and Ketty have come a long way, so have I and him. He is the love of my life and you know I did what I did with you for money, I needed to help my mother but now she is no more…” I wiped the tears falling as my own lies hurt me so much.

“no, it’s not true, why didn’t you ever mention his name all this time, why hmm, no, you love me Chisomo and you know it, it’s because you never wanted to separate me and Ketty that you left. Well, let me tell you, I cannot forget about you, I love you so much” he giggled sadly.

“I love you don’t do this to me, don’t push me away, I found a way of getting to you and now am here”

“no, I have said the truth Mario, am in love with someone else, the guy you saw me with is the one, please stop wasting your time with me, am not yours, you and Ketty belong together and about the baby, am not giving it up for anything” I told him painfully he went to sit on the chair close by like my words had taken away his strength to stand up straight.

“You love me, I know it, look into my eyes and tell me you love someone else” he quickly stood up coming close again like he had found a way of getting the truth from me.

“I love Jay, I never loved you Mario, I never did, whatever happened between us is in the past and it’s all buried” I spoke without blinking fighting hard to keep up the act, he sunk back defeated.

“I see. I was a fool, Ketty was right, all you wanted was money and you played victim , I was so foolish, dammit!” he hit the chair hard in anger I startled moving away.

After minutes of fidgeting and whispering to himself in anger he stood up, looked at me from head to toe and his expression changed, from the sadness to anger. He came close the last time, looked at my face as I looked down, he lifted my chin and I patted my lips unconsciously.

Shaking his head, he kissed me and sighed heavily.

“you have killed me Chisomo, you have no idea how much, how much I so much loved you, you were the one for me” he wiped a tear, rubbed my belly once more and walked away without looking back.

I slowly closed the door and sat down crying like a child. I held my head in my palms and cried out, I was so mad at myself for hurting him, I was mad for denying the man I so much loved just so I avoid trouble, but I was not going to give up my baby`s well-being as well.

Slowly and painfully I pushed myself to my bedroom and cried the more, the lump on my throat felt so painful as I tried to push the images of Mario`s hurt face.

MARIO…

I didn’t feel like a man as I pulled myself away from her, she just told me in my face she loved another man. “Why my Chisomo, why?” I asked myself as I sat in the car.

I had made it my mission to find her and when Ketty and her plans to find her through her mother started, I took advantage trying to follow up issues so I could find her before ketty` s mother did.

“She is in George Compound? “ I had overhead Ketty talking to her mother one afternoon as I walked in from work.

“Where exactly?” she asked and upon seeing me, she changed the subject…

“Mother, just text me” she cut the line and I knew something was wrong somewhere.

“Who was that?” I asked pretending I heard nothing.

“My mother, welcome back” she smile at me

“Well, now you in good books with your mother huh?” I asked trying to get to open up.

“Not really I just want her to help me find our baby” she shrugged.

“So?” I asked hoping she would tell me what was going on.

“So nothing Mario, stay out of all this, just know that we are going to have our baby, just look at how big I am now” she smiled showing me her fake pregnancy. Shaking my head I went on to change my uniform.

I played her game and followed her around, knowing her mother was using a certain guy to find Chisomo, I too had some junior officers follow him around till they told me they saw him talking to Chisomo and drove her to where she was staying.

“What? Are you sure she is okey?” I had panicked.

“Yes Sir. The guy is playing cool and just dropped her home” my officers reported.

“good, it means they wanted to know where she stays, stay close and let me know if anything dangerous is close to her when am back, I will come straight to see her” I instructed my men. Unfortunately I was sent to work from Kabwe for a week so I could not rush to save her and see her.

The time I got back, I didn’t find her at the house the boys told me and I spend the rest of the days walking around the area in the hope to see her. At home I noticed how upset Ketty seemed it was obvious she and her mother`s boys had lost her too. My prayer was to find her before they did and thank God, one of my boys spotted her entering a wall fenced house near some shops. I followed it up and yes, she was there.

Now I was heartbroken, just when I thought my lonely and sad days were over, she just pushed me back to square one. I vowed not to give up my baby though.

“She can have her man and I will have my baby” I spat angrily driving out in a rush. She was punishing me a million times and no matter how much it was hurting, I felt comforted I got to see her again, she looked beautiful in her big bump I kept wishing I got to see more than the fleece she had wrapped around herself…

“Am coming back Chisomo. This is not over” I whispered to myself as I joined the tarred road.

Read episode 20 - https://youngicee.com/2020/01/a-cry-for-love-part-20.html
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 3:05pm On Feb 05, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by talkeverytime: 5:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 5:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 20

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty…

The night silent winds blew in my face as I stood outside leaning on the veranda, pillars. My heart aching and my mind so busy trying to process things that had clouded it. I was more than frustrated that the guys watching Chisomo lost her on the very day I was supposed to find her. I went with them to see her, that day I was ready to tell my mind to her, I wanted to clarify things and make her know she was not going to take away by baby. It was mine and mine alone and I was ready to use force as mom suggested if at all she proved stubborn

“Where is the house?” I asked the guy in charge of finding Chisomo.

“It’s that one mam, I personally took her there and can never forget the place” he informed me proudly.

“Good, stay here am going in alone” I sighed getting off the car. I looked around as I approached the placing taking in its poor environment.

“How dare she even think of raising my baby in this dirty place” I screamed in my mind as I trotted towards the door.

After knocking twice, a tall dark guy walked out without his shirt on, he stood there and smiled widely at me. “Hello beautiful!” he greeted leaning his arm on the door knob.

“Hello!” I smiled back at him.

“Um, are you the owner of this house?” I asked feeling stupid,

“How could I ask a shirtless man who was the owner of the house?” I sighed

“Am sorry, I mean, Am looking for someone” I corrected myself before he could respond.

“I noticed” he shrugged lifting his muscles up and down he made me feel uncomfortAable, “men in compounds, he has no shame exposing himself at a woman like that” I shook my head paying attention to his response.

“Am looking for a pregnant lady named Chisomo” I finally asked.

“Who?” he asked back his face now turning from a smile to a frown.

“Chisomo, I was told she stays here. Can I please talk to her” I went on.. He looked at me longer than usual and shook his head murmuring,

“Well you have a wrong house, I have no idea who you are talking about. In this part of town there is no lady who matches your description and I have lived here longer than you can imagine so I could have surely known that Chisomo woman you are talking about” he explained seriously.

“No, she is supposed to be here, am so right” I argued. For some reason I knew the guy was hiding something. He looked so guilty and I needed him to give me Chisomo.

“look here, you have no idea who I am, so just let me see Chisomo now and I …” I could not finish my words and he pulled me towards himself, he held my blouse and brought his face so close to me I could see his angry eyes.

“My friend, am not one to be messed with, if you think because you have money and everyone else is useless then you are mistaken. I will not be bullied in my own house, now, turn back around and leave as you came” he made me face where I came from.

“and leave never to return, or you will regret it” he spat and pushed me forward I lost balance going to fall on the ground.

“You are mad! How dare you!” I shouted rising from the dust and looking at him standing tall over me.

“yes, am mad, so get out!” he yelled and I run out like a mad woman, I was so pissed as I got to who I had left in to the car.

“How dare he!” I screamed.

“What happened? Did you find her” the man waiting for me asked.

“I know she is there, that idiot was so mad when I mentioned Chisomo, he must be the stupid boyfriend or something. How did he know about me being rich if Chisomo didn’t tell her?”

“Change of plans” I sighed

‘come back tomorrow and capture that woman, bring her to my mother’s house and I will deal with her from there, let’s see if that idiot will have the guts to push me again” I spat angrily rubbing my now dirt hands with hand sanitizer.

Well, unfortunately my mother’s boys had been going there to try and find Chisomo but nothing, they told me they even broke in when the guy I found wasn’t around but there was no sign of Chisomo, according to them, nothing Indicated she was ever there. I felt so stuck and desperate, she only had a few weeks towards her due date and now I was unable to find her. The fear of never seeing her gripped my throat I swallowed hard wiping my tears as I heard the gate open. I looked up as John opened the gate and there was Mario, he looked so drunk he staggered to get to the steps.

“Mario, you have been drinking like this again.. What is going on?” I tried to hold his hand but he pushed men away.

‘Get out Ketty, just stay the hell away from me! He shouted.

“Well if I don’t help you, you will fall” I went on but he pushed me harder.

“Just get off me! it’s your fault” he pointed his fingers at me,

“Yes, it’s your fault am like this, I loved you, I was okey with marrying you but you thought that wasn’t enough, you wanted a baby that you were incapable of producing, I begged you, yes” he staggered holding the pillar

“I begged you to let me be but you wouldn’t listen, you wanted more than I was able to give you and now I fall in love with her, see.. I love Chisomo more than you, I love her and I need her. You took her away, I want my woman, my warm and calm woman, I need her back” he sighed sadly and walked past me into the house I held my self hands akimbo. He was so much hurting and I hated myself for my actions.

Slowly I followed him inside and sat near him as he lay on the couch his eyes closed.

“am sorry Mario, I truly am, I just wanted to give you more as much as you did me, but I ended up messing us. Forgive me my love, I still love you and I promise we can work on this” I held his hand. He looked at me, shook his head.

“You want to make things right?” he asked.

“Yes, yes I do” I nodded my head hopefully.

“Good, then get me Chisomo, bring her to me right now” he raised his hand.

“I, i..” I couldn’t find words, I didn’t expect his answer and he seemed so serious,

“Are you going to?” he asked now closing his eyes.

“No, I can’t Mario, I love you and…”

“It’s okey” he cut me.

“it’s okey. I will fight for her myself” he sighed and lay back his head sleeping instantly. I tried to shake him so he could wake up but it was all in vain. Slowly I withdrew and went back outside this time taking a glass of wine, I wanted to go and write but I failed to process anything at all.

The following morning I went to see my mother, she was watering her flowers outside the yard when I drove in.

“You are welcome “she looked at me without stopping what she was doing.

“We need to talk” I went to stand next to her.

“What? You cannot find her and now you are mad” she asked

“No, am not mad mother, I want my man back, change of plans, we are no longer kidnapping Chisomo when the boys find her again,” I stared seriously

“Well, what happened now, you are giving up so soon?” she laughed softly.

“mother this is not funny, am serious, Mario has been crying over that girl like a baby, now I want her close more than ever, I have a plan and I don’t want anything that will make Mario hate me for life, instead I want him to hate Chisomo, hate her as much as he has come to love her, so yeah, I won’t do anything to her” I explained my mother looked confused.

“I don’t understand” she shook her head now placing the pipe down.

“I don’t want you to understand a thing mom, now tell your boys to let me know the moment the new search is successful”

“Whatever you say boss, our deal still stands though, whether she is hurt or not” he shouted as I turned to go..

“Don’t you dare hurt her mother, should Mario find out I hurt her deliberately, what do you think he will do? “ I asked her.

“well, does it matter, after all that fool never loved you as much as he claimed, look at how he dumped you at the sight of a new woman” she spat

“Stop calling him a fool mother, you know I love him and he is the only one who has loved me for me…”

“hmm, sure, he loves you when the man goes around crying for a woman you brought to sleep with him, wake up Ketty, the only way here is to get rid of that obstacle you call Chisomo, to solve a problem you need to cut if from the roots” she added and I shook my head walking away.

“By the way, what is your in-law saying about that fake bump you are carrying around like an idiot?” she shouted as I got in the car.

“Just get me Chisomo and let me have a baby soon” I faked a smile and drove out.

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2020
Anyone still reading this?
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 2:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
Oyinprince:

Yes oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 21

© Tisa Phiri

Chisomo…

I woke up the following day feeling sick, I tried to stand up and get some water but my body felt so heavy.

“What do I do?” I asked myself falling back into bed. I struggled for another hour, my mouth was now dry and my throat felt cracked. I felt so sick. That moment I recalled Jay could be of help, so I dialed his line but unfortunately it was off, I tried several times but nothing.

“maybe let me call Esther to tell him” I thought to myself getting to dial Esther`s line.

“Hello, what do you want?” she asked the moment she picked the call.

“Esther I need your help, am sick and cannot even get up, please will you get to Jay and tell him to come help me?” I whispered painfully.

“Well, you think am a fool, you want to play sick so that you get to my man? No Chisomo, forget it, I was a fool once but no more” she shouted in the mouth piece and cut the line. I tried to call her again but nothing, she had her phone off too.

“My God what do I do?” I cried dragging myself to the other room, but couldn’t even reach it. Then I realized I was going to lose my baby if I went on like that, the entire compound was silent and the worst was that most of the flats inside the fence had male occupants, the guys I barely interacted with.

“let me call him, before I get my baby dead” I whispered to myself and started remembering Mario`s number, I didn’t have his line all along and he too never had mine, I wanted it that way, now I had to force my memory to retrieve it in my desperation. The first line I tried went to a wrong person, so I checked the last digit and redialed it.

“Hello” came his deep voice I smiled painfully to myself.

“Hello. Its Chisomo” I went straight to introducing myself, I thought he would shout at me or ask why I was calling but no, and he sounded excited. I could imagine if he was seated he probably stood up and jumped with joy.

“Am here my love” he responded with a deep sigh.

“Am not well Mario, I cannot stand, I cannot move, it’s like my legs are tied, I tried to call…”

“Am coming right this minute, hang on okey? “he responded instead and cut the line. In relief, I sighed holding my stomach.

“Hang on my baby, dad is coming to take us both to the hospital” I cried holding my belly. About 25 minutes later, I heard a car pulling over and seconds later the door was banged loudly.

“Chisomo! Come open “Mario shouted

“I can’t, I cannot move Mario” I let a weak scream.

“What?” he asked now panicking I could hear him trying to click the door open.

“I will break the door then” he shouted back and in a few minutes the door opened widely with a loud bang he rushed to where I was.

“What happened?” he asked trying to lift me up.

“I don’t know, I just woke feeling sick and I cannot move my body, my baby Mario, please help me save the baby” I cried softly he held my face.

“am here, you are not alone my love, am here okey, I never left you know, my mind was always with you” he looked into my crying eyes.

“I know, ouch” I winced feeling sharp pains in my belly

“Okey, let me take you to the hospital, you will be okey I promise, and you will be okey” he panted as he lifted me to the car outside. In no time we were rushing to the hospital and he told me UTH was the best at the moment looking at my condition, He had thought of taking me to the military hospital but then changed his mind that it was better to go where there were a lot of available experts.

I was now in more pain as he drove us. He kept whispering I was going to be okey. Upon arrival I was led to the emergency room with him trotting behind the wheel chair as the nurses took me in.

“Mario” I called him before they could ask him out of the room.

“If things come to the worst, tell them to save my baby” I cried

“No, don’t say that, don’t even think about it, you and the baby will both live Chisomo, you will live” he sighed holding my hand in a grip.

“Just in case i…” I could not finish my sentence and he kissed my cracked lips.

“Please, promise me you will pull through, please promise me that, I cannot lose you Chisomo, have faith please” he spoke sadly.

“Sir we will ask you to wait outside now, the doctors are here to see her” the nurse announced and Mario wiped his tears looking down at me.

“Please” he whispered. I was in pain but his face was killing me more, his sadness, his pleading and desperation made me want to stand up and hold him.

“I promise.” I whispered and watched him leave. He smiled at me and closed the door behind him. The doctors started examining me asking me questions. I could hear them talk as I was now sedated.

“We need to operate her or the babies will die, they too weak” one of them suggested. I could hear the rest of them agree and they pointed out my blood pressure was so low, it was a fifty fifty chance of me surviving together with the baby.

“If we save the babies or the mother we have a 75 % chance” the doctor explained to Mario who I could see standing in the room. He looked at me and then back at the doctor talking to him,

“Please do what you can to save them both” he whispered.

“if things get to the worst” he added…

“Save my baby please!” I shouted inside looking at him, he sighed without turning to look at me.

“Save the mother” he spoke and the doctor nodded, he rushed out quickly. I knew he wanted me alive but I really hoped he chose the baby. I felt I had nothing, my baby would stand a chance of living and being with his father, in my heart I knew Ketty would still take the baby in, I didn’t like the idea of him choosing me over the baby, though I had nothing on my hands at the moment to decide such, I was to let fate decide who got to live between the two of us.

Time passed I had no idea how long I was in the theatre. I just felt myself rising from the bed and a voice crying loudly calling my name. Slowly I stood up and was surprised to see myself standing above my body, Mario was there crying and calling out my name.

“Come back my love, I love you Chisomo please, come see our babies” he sobbed I looked around confused. On the court beside my body was two beautiful babies I wondered how on earth I gave birth to twins. I had never thought of having a scan for anything and I needed the sex of my baby a surprise so I never bothered myself.

“Wow, my God I have twins” I cried watching them from afar. I noticed I could not move closer to them so I kept my distance listening to Mario crying seated beside me.

“I need you my Chisomo. What do I do with these babies, they need their Mother, you promised remember? You promised my love please come back, open your eyes Chisomo please, am sorry for not choosing you in the first place, I was a coward but now am ready to fight hard for our love, I love you” he went on and my God I cried so much with him, only I could not reach to him.

The doctor walked in and patted his hand.

“am sorry Sir, but you have to be patient, God willing she will pull through, if not just leave it to him, you now have these twins to take care of” the doctor whispered to him.

“She will live Doctor I know that for sure, she will live, she promised me” he responded sniffing in.

“It’s good you have faith Sir, it’s very good. Now we will move the babies to another room” he announced and the nurses started pulling them away.

“Okey, am coming with you, let me see where they will be. “ Mario stood up and patted my hand before leaving I remained standing watching myself sleeping silently the machines beeping softly.

“Am I dead?” I asked myself.

Sometime later, I saw Ketty walking in and she stood by my bedside watching me,

“Chisomo am sorry we had to come his far, I really wished you made it out of here, you are a wonderful person and hoped for the best for you, but I love my man and will never let you take him away, he is mine” she sighed shaking her head.

“Yeah, sure am sorry too” I whispered as though she could hear me.

“I will take care of your babies, they are beautiful, the girl looks like her father and the boy, well, he is a combination you both” she smiled wiping a tear from her face I smiled at that too. It was so clear seeing things from my angle. I felt I could feel the real emotions of people around me and at that moment i could feel Ketty meant every word she said so did Mario.

He walked in a few minutes later.

“What are you doing here?” he asked seeing ketty.

“I heard she was rushed here and I came to check on her and the twins” she smiled weakly.

“What? How did you know? “Mario asked moving between me and Ketty like she was capable of hurting me, I wondered why he was being too protective.

“Calm down Mario. How I got here or knew is not an issue I have actually seen the babies already, they are so cute, did you see the girl, oh my God, she looks like you” Ketty smiled.

“I don’t care what you think Ketty, I don t want you near them or Chisomo, so get out of here. You think I don’t know what you and your evil mother are up to?” Mario was seemingly upset now.

“Mario, what has come over you? Are you crazy? It’s me, Ketty” she shook her head and I was with her on that, what was Mario talking about” I wondered.

“You know what? Now is not the time or place, just leave, am staying with Chisomo till she is out of comma” he shrugged and sat down holding my hand.

Ketty watched him for a minute and shook her head before walking out. I felt for her, the look in Mario`s eyes when he looked at her was not what I saw the first time I saw both of them. I felt sad and looked on as Mario leaned his head on my body and sighed.

“Am here, am waiting for you to come back Chisomo, am here” he whispered

Read the remaining episodes here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 10:11am On Feb 13, 2020
Oyinprince:

Yes

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 3:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 22

© Tisa Phiri

Mario…

“What have you done to her you idiot! She was okey I just saw her the other day and she was perfectly fine” Jay was shouting in my face standing there a shoulder taller than me. I don’t know how he heard about Chisomo, I saw him rushing along the passage as he approached me. Standing before me, he asked if at all I was Mario, and he grabbed my shoulder snarling angrily.

“What is your problem? Who are you to ask me such questions” I answered back pushing off my shoulder.

“Am the only person that Cares for Chisomo, you and your fiancée should leave her alone. You my friend has caused so much for this girl and now am here telling you enough is enough” he spat

“look, am not sure what you and Chisomo are but am not here to harm her, am here because she needed me, she called me when she was in pain and I brought her here, she has given me two babies and am not leaving till she is out of that comma” I calmly spoke sitting back down. My body felt tired after two days of being at the hospital waiting for Chisomo to come to.

Jay stood there watching me, he shook his head pointing a finger at me.

“Chisomo will never call you for help. I know very well she could have called me, I took care of her for months and things were okey” he went on, I was not sure he was trying to get me jealousy or whatever, but I didn’t give him the pleasure. I took it so cool and let him burn his anger and jealousy on me.

“You can now leave Jay or whatever your name is, you have made It a point you care for Chisomo and trust me, I do more than care for her, the reason you are even bickering like this is because you and I both know she feels the same for me..” I smiled leaning back on the wall.

“Care for you? Are you even hearing yourself, that girl has been through hell and part of that has been contributed by you, you dare boast about her feelings cause you have no…”

“Hey, hey man, we both are grownups, let Chisomo wake up and make her own choice, we don’t need to go on arguing and fighting like people without sense. So come on you have made your point, go home” I raised my hand pointing towards the exit, but he sighed and walked towards the wards. I watched him head to the room Chisomo was and I bothered not to stop him, I was already hurting with Chisomo being in a comma for two days I didn’t want to start entertaining some jealousy thoughts of a man I barely knew. I told myself if he had issues with Chisomo then that was his business and not mine.

My parents were now aware of what was going on, my mother was mad at me for having another woman when my wife to be, that was the way she was now referring to Ketty, was pregnant. I could not tell her the truth about Ketty`s false pregnancy, not wanting to start explaining the whole story how we got where we were.

“Mom, am making sure everything is under control” I sighed ignoring her shouting.

“No, it’s clear you have become this man I don’t know Mario, my own son would never do such a thing, how on earth did you let this poor girl from God knows where manipulate you? Don’t you know that is what these little devils do, they are like leeches and will suck you dry, maybe those babies are not even yours” she held my hand to get my attention. I knew Ketty must have told her part of the story only she left out the detail of her part in it all.

“don’t say things you have no idea of mother, just let me be, my only worry is for Chisomo to get better and take care of both her and those twins she has brought me” I responded.

She shook her head looking at me, “am not going to be part of all this Mario, as far as am concerned you are marrying Ketty. “she made a face.

“I cannot understand you mother, just a few months ago you hated Ketty now you are here supporting her? What is wrong with you?”

“Well” she sighed sitting next to me.

“I know I don’t like that girl so much, but between her and that leech I prefer Ketty, she is pregnant too you know,” she responded.

“Chisomo is not a leech mother, please, I never invited you here so please leave” I told her firmly. She looked at me like I was mad or something, picked her small hand bag and took off without another word.

I walked to Chisomo`s room and sat on the same chair I had been sitting on for the past days, for some reason I thought she could hear me as I talked to her.

“Hey” I started..

Chisomo…

Standing there I watched him enter the room which had become my home for the time I was away from my body, I could not tell whether it was day or night, I could not get out or anywhere close to my body, all I did was wait and wait for something to happen so I wake up from my body.

Mario sat next to me taking my hand, he looked frustrated on top of the sadness. I could see it in his eyes. It was like someone had frustrated him.

“Hey” he smiled slightly kissing my hand.

“Hey Mario” I responded as though he could hear me.

“I miss you, you know, if you were here things could be a lot easier, you could tell me you love me and I would stand tall and spit the shame in the eyes of those that think am not being realistic and that you have no regard for me” he smiled again sadly.

“you know, I have lived my life trying to please my mother and other people around me, this time I want to do what my heart really wants and believe me, it’s being with you. There is this thing about you, the peace, the gentleness the warmth in my heart whenever am with you and no one has ever made me feel that way before, I have loved before, but trust me my love, this is more than all the love I have ever felt for anyone.” He wiped his eyes I saw his finger wet before he rubbed it off.

“I need you” he whispered looking at my face. I struggled to get to talk to him, I could not bear to see him suffer any longer.

“God what do I do? I asked myself as I felt the urge to respond to his cry.

“if you die on me, you will take away my only chance of being truly happy Chisomo, you will be a memory I will live on with, do you want me to always cry when I remember you? “ he asked now letting his tears down as he moved closer to my face.

“You want that? The father to your children to only have a sad memory of you? Don’t do this, I love you, come back” he added and like that was what I was waiting for, I pushed myself so hard and in an instance, I felt the gap between me and my body close and I was back in, I could feel my heart, I could feel his hand on me and his face now leaning on my forehead. I tried to move myself, but felt so weak.

“Chisomo! Chisomo! You are back, my God she is back” I heard Mario shout, this time unlike before I could hear him so close in my ears, not the way I heard him the past days like an echo.

“Doctor! Doctor!” Mario rushed out as I tried to open my eyes. He came back with the doctor rushing,

“What happened?” the doctor asked Mario who had his eyes popped up he seemed excited and relieved.

“She moved Doctor, I was sitting here talking and then she suddenly moved her eyes, she even moved her hand “he explained coming to hold my hand.

“Thank you” he smiled seeing I was looking at him, I was still in a shock of what was going on with me, it was like I was in the transition but then I was back to myself. I looked at him and the Doctor checking me.

“The baby?” I asked feeling my mouth so dry.

“Babies” he smiled at me.

“You gave birth to Twins my love, a boy and a girl. They are so beautiful” he kissed my forehead smiling.

At the moment, the doctor asked Mario to wait outside as they had to exam me, calling my sudden awakening as a miracle.

“I told you doctor, she promised me she will fight ” he smiled before leaving.

“Yeah, I now believe in her promise to you” the Doctor smiled at him and he went out I looked around in silent as they went on checking me.

Hours later, Mario walked in and looked up my face with a smile,

“Hey” he sighed

“Hey” I whispered back weakly

“How are you feeling? That was quiet a scare huh?” He shrugged sitting down.

“Am sorry, I was just..”

“Don’t say sorry to me, am the one to apologize for letting you down. Am here now and I promise things will be different from now on” he smiled widely.

“How are the kids?” I asked.

“okey, they are doing better and the past two days I was forced to get them formula since you could not breast fed them, but they are responding well to treatment” he added.

“I want to see my babies” I tried to sit up but was still feeling so weak.

“Don’t force yourself up, you are still weak and the doctors said you need some days to recover, you lost a lot of blood” he stopped me.

“You will see the twins when you are stronger, okey? I cannot get them out of where they are cause they are still undergoing some treatment and observations, you know after being born prematurely.”

We were In the room together the rest of the day, he talked so much about his feelings for me..

“I could hear you” I told him.

“What? Really? Everything?” he asked.

“Yes, everything” I responded with a weak smile and he smiled back.

“So you wanted to punish me huh?” He asked, I didn’t get to answer his question and the door burst out open someone stood by the door way looking into our direction.

“So you have decided to come back huh?” the cold voice asked and the person walked in, I looked up to take a clear view of who was in the room and felt my already cold feet get even colder at the sight of evil written all over the face before us.

To be continued

Read the complete story here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:23am On Feb 17, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 23

© Tisa Phiri

Mario…

We both stared at the door as the woman stood there her face seemingly fuming.

“What do you think you are doing here? Your wife is pregnant and here you are babysitting this popper?” Ketty`s mother started glaring her angry eyes at me.

“Excuse me, this is not a place you need to be at if you ask me, it doesn’t concern you at all” I stood up to make sure she doesn’t bring her madness any close to Chisomo.

“well, I have news for you, that girl there has been lying to you all this while, she got pregnant from someone else and placed it on you, she took advantage of you and Ketty`s plan to dump the baby” she went on with a serious face. I smiled as I realized what she was trying to do.

“excuse me mam, as you can see, Chisomo is just recovering from a comma and she needs to take some peaceful rest, so if you have nothing else to say, now would be a good time to leave” I spoke calmly Chisomo kept looking at us both in silence.

“What is your plan Mario huh? You have wasted my daughters time and money, now you want to play around with this, this good for nothing Gold digger who cheated about her pregnancy?” she asked but this time didn’t want to let me respond to her as she looked at Chisomo one more time with so much hatred and spat before walking out.

“What was that?” I sighed not asking anyone in particular.

“Mario, look, am not well and my babies need me, I have just survived death and I don’t need this trouble with you and your wife, so please, I really appreciated you being here and all but you have to leave now” she spoke to me in a whisper.

“No, am not leaving you, now more than ever you and our twins need me around” I shook my head.

“I cannot get on this journey with you Mario, there is nothing we both can do about this, the only way is for you to stay on with Ketty and be happy” she added with a slight cough I held her hand and watched her calm down she lay back her eyes closed.

“We are not discussing anything about me leaving you, I know I love you and you too know that so well, why are you still pushing me? Can’t you see it?” I paused rubbing my finger on her hand.

“Am not happy with Ketty, it’s you my heart wants and am not giving up my only chance of being happy so I can sacrifice to be with that selfish Ketty. Have you not seen that she only cares so much about herself? “I asked her, Chisomo looked at me in a way I knew she was not agreeing with me on that one, she shook her head.

“yes it is true Chisomo, it’s her need to have a baby even though she knew she couldn’t, she just could not accept she had wealthy, she had me but could not have a child, she wants to be complete, to have a perfect life that she has always dreamed of instead of how her family ended. She wants to mend her parent’s mistakes by having a perfect life. What do you think of that? You think she found you to bare me a child for me? No way Chisomo, that was her fantasy to have a complete life. But we both know life doesn’t work like that, you cannot have everything all at once, it’s not possible, it’s what makes us imperfect and only God perfect, so please let me have you” I paused kissing her hand she sighed deeply her eyes clouded with tears.

“I love you for who you are Chisomo, I loved you even before I knew it, I love you because you are who you are, with your imperfections and you don’t work towards being perfect but to be the best person you could possibly be, that is what is good about you and that is what I need in my life” I smiled watching her face beam up she smiled.

“I love you” she whispered, it was the very first time she had said it and I had not expected it.

“You do?” I asked with my eyes wide open,

“Yes, Mario, it hurts to love you and I know it isn’t easy but like you said, my heart pulls me towards you” she added. I looked at her for a minute trying to ascertain if she would add anything else, but well she didn’t, she just stared at me her weak eyes beaming with some love.

“I love you more. Now let me take care of you and our babies from now on okey?” I kissed her lips and she nodded her head.

A week later, I had practically stayed in the hospital with her, I got some days off work. My greatest fear was Ketty`s mother, I knew the woman had her way with bad things so I didn’t want to leave a chance of her plots on Chisomo, since I had moved to my parents’ house. I rarely saw Ketty. She called me several times but I wasn’t giving her the opportunity to speak anything that would make me change my mind about Chisomo.

That afternoon I had gone to get some clothing’s from her place to change, since most of my things were still at her house. She was typing something when I got there and she didn’t bother look at me as I entered her working room.

“Hey!” I greeted her my hands deep in my pockets.

“Hey” she sighed turning to look at me.

“How is Chisomo and the twins?” she asked in a calm way.

“She is getting better, she had lost a lot of blood but she is slowly recovering, she started breastfeeding the twins too. The doctors said they may discharge her tomorrow” I explained with a smile, she looked at my face and back at the computer.

“That is good” she sighed and started typing.

“So how have you been?” I asked her.

“Okey, I guess, given the circumstances” she shrugged still typing.

“Look Chisomo, am sorry” I paused realizing I was calling her name wrongly.

“I mean Ketty” I corrected myself and she looked at my face again this time she was not smiling.

“Hmm, you have forgotten my name that easily?” she accused

“No am sorry I just… “

“its okey” she cut me.

“I understand” she added.

“You do?” I asked surprised at her calmness

“Yes Mario, I do, in fact I just realized that it is not good to fight a losing battle, so” she sighed looking back on the laptop.

“I have decided to let go of you” she smiled assuring. I found it puzzling that she seemed so calm and not upset like before.

“Well, thanks Ketty” I smiled kissing her forehead she looked up my face.

“Anytime, now go on and do whatever you came for “

I walked in and got a few clothing’s, figuring I would grab the rest when I completed the house I had started building from the loan money I had acquired. At that moment I wished I had not shifted in with Ketty, all this time had wished my feelings for Chisomo would turn out to be just an infatuation and Ketty and I would still end up together, it was the opposite in reality. I looked around the room as I finished getting what I needed. The memories of me and Ketty still fresh, I knew at the moment I had loved her, but now I felt Chisomo was the one after my heart and she was more than a dream for me.

“What are you thinking about now?” Ketty stood by the door pulling me off my reverie.

“Um, Ketty I didn’t know you were here.

“I had great times here too” she smiled as though she could hear my thoughts.

“Yeah, same here” I smiled and she quickly came to me holding my waist. Before I knew it she was kissing me, I tried to hold back, and she begged I kissed her back for the sake of old times.

“I can’t Ketty please stop” I pushed her back.

“you loved me at some point, just a few days ago we had great times here, give me this good bye and I swear I will not bother you again, I know you love her and it’s so evident” she pushed me to the wall, she was a beautiful woman and very seductive too, I had been with her for a lot of countless times, so I wasn’t going to resist her for long, and she knew of that fact.

“I love you still, I know you don’t anymore but make me happy one more time” she pleaded and we ended up in bed together. In a few minutes our clothes were off and she jumped on top of me.

“Wow, that was awesome!” she smiled rubbing her well-manicured nails on my chest.

“well am glad you liked it, I got to go now” I sighed standing up. She watched me dress up and sat up before I could leave.

“You always ask me what story am writing, but you haven’t this time” she accused with a giggle.

“Yeah am sorry, what are you writing?” I asked lifting my bag.

“Well, I thought of writing my story with you. I mean it had been a great journey together right?.” She smiled.

“Yeah sure, what will you title it?”

“A cry for love” she smiled again. I didn’t want to stay longer than I had already so I didn’t bother to ask any further questions.

By the time I got to the ward, I was shocked to find it neatly done and another couple moving in the wife was being pushed on a wheel chair. I had left Chisomo there so I wondered what was going on.

“Excuse me sister” I stopped one of the nurses who was looking after Chisomo.

“Where is Chisomo?” I asked her my heart racing.

Read the remaining Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 10:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
Wahala dey ooo

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 24

© Tisa Phiri

Chisomo.

I woke up feeling stronger. Getting up, I slowly walked to the room my babies where being kept. A strange man and a woman I could not see were standing inside the room with the woman holding one of the babies.

“What are you doing here?” I shouted rushing in my heart racing at the sight of the woman was holding my baby, when she turned to look at me, I sighed worried. It was Ketty`s mother, she smiled her wicked smile and I couldn’t help but run to rescue my little one. She was holding my baby boy whilst the girl was still in the court kicking slowly from side to side. I wanted to grab the baby and Ketty`s mother shook her head at me.

“mmmmhmh, not any close or I will chock him to death” she warned extending her hand to my tiny baby`s neck.

“Please don’t hurt him. Please I beg you, he has not done anything to you” I cried begging, I looked at her face crying.

“yes, he has done something, these two small things are the reason my daughter is not happy, and I will not allow that” she spat and played with the baby`s finger making my heart ache I felt I would burst with anger.

“no, the babies are innocent, it’s your daughter`s fault whatever is happening to her” I said it before realizing what damage I could cause.

“What? You have the guts to say all this really? I never knew you were stupid too. What do you want from my daughter`s life and her husband to be?” she asked now placing the baby down I sighed in relief.

“nothing mam, I can assure you I don’t need anything from either you or your Daughter, am okey with my kids and she can have Mario, they belong together and Mario knows I have never pushed myself on him, so please stop following me around and tell your daughter to rest easy. Am not going to stand between her and Mario anymore, from here am disappearing with my twins and am never coming back.” I begged crying visibly.

“You see” she responded drawing close to me.

“You have done the damage already, whatever juju you used on that man, now he will not look at my daughter the same. So it’s all your fault, now how about you pay for that sin?” she smiled and the man before us came near me gripping my hands I let a small scream in pain. A nurse was coming in our direction and the man pretended to be helping me stand and smiled at the nurse who passed us without a word.

“Now you listen to me, you will not live to enjoy Mario, your days are over, and since you were paid to sleep with him, these babies are not yours either” she paused making sure her words sunk.

“No, not my babies please, please don’t do anything to them” I cried out panicking.

“Who said I will do anything to them? No, here is what we will do, you will pack your things, the doctor has already signed your discharge papers don’t ask me how. So all you will do is pack your things, leave this hospital and go far away, you hear me?” she held my shoulders squeezing them firmly I winced.

“As long as am with my babies am leaving” I responded

“Well, unfortunately that will not be possible, you only have two choices Chisomo, you leave the twins with me, I will take good care of them, in fact, let me rephrase that,” she smiled.

“Ketty and Mario will take care of them and they will do just fine.” She paused again

“Option two, stay around here and watch me kill them both and you get to live with Mario. Your choice” she shrugged casually I looked at her, I was devastated, I would never sacrifice my babies so I live with Mario, yet again how would I trust her to keep them alive when I left?

I watched her explain the details of what I was to do if I chose to leave the twins, offering me a large sum of money that I disappear, she threatened if I ever went back she would not hesitate to kill the twins.

My whole body trembled with fear, the thought of having my baby’s death scared me to the bone.

“What guarantee do I have that my babies will be safe?” I asked her wiping my tears I walked to the court touching the twins.

“Well, I give you my word, and after a while am sure you can peep around and watch them grow. Only then, you will never go any close. Should I learn you have gone even a meter close, I will not hesitate to kill you and them too, do you understand. They are no longer yours but they belong to my daughter. Everyone has seen her pregnant and now she has given birth” she smiled wickedly walking towards the door.

“I watched her my eyes swollen from crying, she was evidently evil even the man she was walking about with was displaying pure evil in his face. I recalled the stories Ketty told me about her mother and how she killed her father, that moment I knew the best was to save my twins.

“it’s good Mario will be there for them after all” I thought to myself wiping my tears.

“One more thing” she stopped by the door way and looked at me

“You will have to write to Mario telling him you have left because you feel you don’t need the pressure of raising the babies, tell him to take care for them as you go on with your life with the man you love. Mention Jay” she smiled.

“What? Do I need to do that?” I stood up now getting pissed with her demands.

“Show her” she looked at the man. He came close and opened his phone showing me photos of a dead Jared.

“Oh my God! What have you done to him?” I cried out

“What I will not hesitate to do to you and those twins if you decided to play smart or stubborn with me. “she smiled as I went down the floor crying out.

“My God, who are you?” I looked at her face, she smiled and came close to me whispering in my ears.

“Am your worst night mare if you don’t get that pen and write to Mario, telling him you have gone to be with Jay because he is the love of your life. Tell him you never loved him and he was just a way of you making money. “she smiled I looked at her shaking my head.

“No, please no..” I begged but she indicated for the man to give me a pen saying she would wait till I wrote the letter. She made sure I wrote each word she mentioned and signed the letter. She placed it on one of the twins and sent me packing. I had to play cool to the nurses and said my good bye.

“Are you not supposed to leave tomorrow?” one of the nurses asked me.

“No, the doctor has said am better now and can leave” I tried to push the tears back and walked away.

“you did good, now get the money and go” Ketty`s mother whispered.

“I don’t need it. You can have your money, tell your daughter if anything happens to my kids, she will have me as her night mare” I warned her and she laughed shaking her head.

“Please, just leave already Mario will be here soon” she smiled and the man took me out by force driving me to my house so I get what I needed. I went to the shops and got the money I could and my credit cards, leaving the girl working there to take care of my business till I was back. I could not tell anyone where I was going since the man was tagging behind me all the time till he personally drove me out of Lusaka dropping me by the road after driving past Chongwe district.

Like a Child, I cried out aloud, I was alone at the road side, it was getting dark and I could not see any vehicle coming my way. I realized he had dropped me away from the main road, so I had to walk to find the it.

“My God, if all this I have to endure for the sake of my children, then keep me safe so they will grow up in a good way. Touch the hearts of Ketty and Mario that they both can take care of them like their own.” I prayed as I trekked towards the main road I could hear vehicles from a distance.

It was the longest journey of my life but I had to keep pressing forward. I needed to survive and hoped one day I would tell the story of life and be happy.

After about 2 hours of walking, I found myself by the main tarred road and stopped a car.

“Where are you going?” the man asked me as i stood by the window asking for a lift.

“I don’t know” I responded honestly not knowing where I would go from there, the thought that the only person who could possibly help me being dead killed me.

“How? What do you mean you don’t know? Are you lost?” the man asked me.

“sir, am, yes am lost” I managed to say

“Well. I am going to my farm in Lufunsa, not knowing how far you intent to go maybe I can drop you somewhere, it’s late and these parts of the world are dangerous when its dark.

I looked around, I had no option,

“Thank you Sir, I appreciate your help” I responded and got in putting the bag on my laps in front of the van he was driving.

“So where do you come from?” he asked me, I was feeling really weak and tired.

“I don’t know?” I sighed shaking my head. I could not go on telling him my story I had no idea who he was. He looked at my hand and up my face.

“You are coming from the hospital?” he asked seeing the cannula still on my hand I didn’t even realise it was still there.

“Um, …” I stammered not knowing how to lie further.

“Maybe you ran away from the hospital, you could have amnesia” the man suggested and I looked at him

“Maybe” I quickly responded.

“Oh poor child, don’t worry God will open your mind again and soon you will remember everything. Your parents and your family” he smiled compassionately.

He went on telling me about his daughters in the outside country and his late wife. He told me he was a retired ZAF officer who found a farm after retiring and went once in a while to check the farm works that his house was back in Lusaka.

For some reason I felt safe around the old man. He was so nice and at the end he offered me a place for the night. Giving me a room when we got to his farm, it was a self-contained room, he told me his first daughter used it whenever she went to the farm.

“Thank you Sir” I smiled weakly as he walked out leaving me to wash up and get some rest.

“You are welcome, the bible says, those who welcome strangers might welcome angels, and who knows you are that angel today” he smiled and left the room.

I sighed and went to take a warm bath, taking my medication and lay on the bed crying as I recalled the events of the Day. Prayed for my twins and Mario and fell asleep after a lot of struggle.

To be continued
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:46am On Mar 07, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 25

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty..

Having Mario in my arms again was exciting. I recall asking my mother to carry out the plan for Mario to hate Chisomo. I clearly told her to organize Chisomo and her friend Jay so that Mario would discover she was with him. Or even fake some DNA results showing Mario was not the father to the twins.

“Are you insane? You think Mario or anyone for that matter will believe that story when you have seen how much those babies look like him?” my mother laughed at me.

“Well then mother, find a way to make her leave or him hate her I don’t care, I just want my man back, now that I have thought through things. I think even the babies can go with their mother for all I care” I told her.

“Look at me” my mother ordered. I turned to look at her as we sat in my car.

“You are my daughter, and by that you should know you have my power, my strength and I can assure you soon, that girl will be out of your lives for good” mom smiled widely.

“You know I don’t like being anything you are mother, am a not a bad person, I just love Mario and will not let him go for another woman because of my stupidity, am trying to save what has remained of our love. I honestly don’t want anything bad to happen to Chisomo or the kids” I warned her firmly.

She looked at me and chuckled shaking her head.

“Am serious mom, don’t you dare do anything I wouldn’t do” I raised my hand at her

“Well, you are weak, and with that attitude you can forget your man” she shrugged staring in the front.

“So what now? Are you in on this one or not?” she asked after some minutes of silence. I turned to look at her and back on the road.

“I cannot lose him mother, but….” I wanted to add but she cut me short.

“I know, don’t worry, I just need some money” she sighed.

“Money? For what?” I asked surprised, “the deal was you get your pay after the job is done and apparently you have not done a thing” I shook my head.

‘Well, consider the job done, as of tomorrow that fool Mario will be curled in your arms never to leave you. And about the money, it’s not mine, I need to pay off that popper Chisomo so she can leave you for good, that is what she is in for, money, and money we will give her” my mother added as I dropped her at her place.

“well, I will send it over this evening I need to pass through the bank” I responded and watched her leave after she warned me to stay home the following day and be calm as she takes care of things.

The following day, my mother called me to let me know Mario was coming home so I waited for him as I worked on my new story. I had entitled it “A cry for love “to tell the details of my story with Mario and Chisomo. When Mario walked in I played serious and calm and I could see he believed my words of being okey with him leaving me. The passionate moment, well, at least it was for me as I could see him struggle, it was like his body was with me but his mind somewhere else, at the moment all I cared for was to keep him home as my mother asked me to.

“Make sure he delays there and I will give you a signal when all is done here” she had warned me.

After an hour of delaying Mario, I received a beep and watched him leave my house with a small bag of his clothing’s.

“I hope he comes back soon Mother” I called mom the moment I heard the gate closing.

“Don’t worry, that popper is gone and never to return. “She laughed softly in the mouth piece.

“Just like that?” I asked her.

“Yes, she has taken the money like I told you and I threatened her with photos of her boyfriend. She knows he is dead” my mother informed me.

“But? “ I asked. She was silent.

“Mom, I swear if you have killed that poor guy am personally taking you to the police” I raised my voice my heart racing at the thought of Jay being dead.

“That man has nothing to do with all this and I …..” I went on shouting and my mother sighed I could hear her from the other end.

“Will you stop ranting like a mad woman? What is wrong with you? You called me to help and now you acting like a child.

“Mother, I am telling you this again, I didn’t sign up for anyone to die, I swear if…”

“He is alive “she cut me.

“What? Are you serious?” I asked.

“Yes, I just had to threaten him too to fake dead and smeared some tomato paste on him to make it seem real on the photos, it was just for a show to let Chisomo move faster. The idiot is alive though he doesn’t not know who had him covered in sauce. He was unconscious and my men had captured him after threating him for something I will not be explaining to you, so yes you can now breath, he is alive” she went on explaining and like she was aware I was holding my breath, I breathed out in relief. She told me the twins were all mine. Honestly at the moment I became excited I cared less what her plan was, maybe it was best I was not aware so I wouldn’t feel so guilty for what Chisomo was going through.

That evening I prepared some good meal the way Mario loved it knowing so well he was coming to be with me. I waited for hours but nothing, there was no call or text to explain he was coming to me.

“What is going on? “ I asked myself as I looked at the watch showing it was past 23 pm. Panic clouded my heart at the thought of Mario finding out I had a hand in what happened to Chisomo.

“Mom this man is not here, what exactly did you do?” I asked my mother after more minutes of waiting.

“Why are you asking me that?” she responded in her sleepy voice.

“Well, because you told me Mario would be back but he is not here, he has not called me or anything, where the hell is he?” I shouted impatiently.

“relax ketty, that man will come, soon he will need you cause I can assure you he will not take the twins to his mother nor will he take care of them by himself, he knows he needs you and so take it easy, maybe he was not given release papers today. Calm down and get some sleep” my mother added and cut the line.

“Mother?” I tried to speak hoping she was there but her phone was off, I tried to call back but it was not reachable. Giving up I retired to bed, though I kept shifting around trying to figure out what to do if Mario was never coming back.

The whole morning the following day, I waited but nothing. I was getting ready to go and see my mother, opening the car door when I heard a loud knock from the gate.

“Ba John check who is at the gate “I shouted and John ran to open, before he could even open it wider someone banged it open and a furious, in fact furious is an understatement, the man was very much upset he came where I was, grabbed me by the shoulder and led me inside pushing me so hard on the couch I winced in pain.

“Where is she?” he asked his eyes burning.

“I asked where the hell did you and your evil mother have taken Chisomo? ” He pulled me up shaking me vigorously.

“Mario you are hurting me. Let go please” I cried out

“I will do more than hurt you if you do not tell me what I need to know, what the hell is wrong with you? You think you are a god? You think you can just toss people around in your plans? You think life is all about you? “He shouted angrily.

“I have no idea what you are talking about Mario. Where Chisomo or the twins are I don’t know so please stop throwing this anger on me. I know nothing at all” I told him but he was so mad he pulled me up handing me a note. Slowly I unfolded it,

Dear Mario,

By the time you read this I will be long gone. I could not wait to go away from you and these babies, I never signed for this at all, I was in it for money and now that I have been paid in full, its high time I and the man I truly Love Jay, moved on.

Am sorry if I gave you any hopes of loving you, I do not feel a thing for you, in fact I was disgusted by you all this time, the only man I love and have always loved is Jay and now it’s time we both went our way. Be with your woman Ketty, she loves you and am sure she will be more than willing to take care of the twins with you, remember she always wanted a baby for both of you.

Stay happy, because I am now.

Chisomo…

I read the letter twice, well, I knew that was mother`s doing and I could agree she was so craft. I never thought of that before.

“Well?” I looked at Mario still standing watching me.

“Where is she, we both know that is not my Chisomo. She can never write things like that” he spat angrily.

“Your Chisomo?” I laughed out

“Are you under a spell or something? The woman has written to dump you even before you could start anything and you are asking me where she is?” I shook my head.

“listen to me Ketty, if not for the past we have had together, I could have killed you with my bare hands, how dare you tease me, you and i both know Chisomo can never write that nonsense to me, you know so well this is yours and your mother`s doing. So am warning you, you will tell me what I need to know right now…”

“Or what?’ I faked being mad too, I wasn’t going to let him intimidate me. he had no evidence I or my mother was involved so I had to use that to my advantage.

“Mario please I beg you in the name of God, stop torturing me, I have had enough of your embarrassment in the months past, there is nothing that I have done but to make you happy, even the idea of Chisomo giving us a child was for our own good. “ I spoke firmly.

“Our own good? Really? You think I have not figured that already? You didn’t do it for me Ketty, “he paused chuckling

“Don’t ever bullshit me with that nonsenses, we both know you did it for your own selfishness, you wanted a perfect life, a perfect family, and you wanted to mend your family past by having a handsome man, your wealthy and now a baby to seal your family. You know what? I got news for you, you will never have a perfect family and your dead father will not come back either so get over it girl, move on!” he spat shaking his head I swallowed hard, now that he was saying it aloud, it pricked my heart so much. They say truth hurts and at the moment it hurt so much.

I lost it and slapped his face so hard he held his hand to his cheek.

“Truth hurts huh?” he nodded his head.

“I want you and your mother to tell me where Chisomo is or I swear you will regret ever meeting me” he warned and started heading towards the door.

“you have no proof of what you are accusing me of, just don’t throw things on me, I have no idea what is going on in that Crazy girl`s life, remember you and I both don’t really know her, she probably is in love with this guy Jay, I saw how he defended her when I paid him a visit last time.” I shouted, he walked back nodding in silence.

“There it is, you know what?” he smiled sadly.

“Now you have cleared all the doubts I had of you having a hand in this and I hate you for it” he frowned.

“it’s not the first time she is leaving you remember that” I tried to defend myself but I could see it in his eyes, he was never coming back .

“You have just proven you followed Chisomo around” he added.

“I wanted to bring her back we both know that” I swallowed hard realizing I gave myself up.

“If you have never regretted anything you have ever done in your life, this marks the start of your deepest regrets, and “he paused looking into my eyes pure hatred written in them.

“God will punish you for taking away a mother from her Children, those babies are innocent and still need their mother, they were born prematurely and needed all the mother`s attention, they needed her the most this period but you have taken that away from them, for this, I swear, you will pay with your soul” he sighed and walked out.

I crumpled to the couch crying softly.

“He hates me” I whispered to myself in tears.

To be continued
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:47am On Mar 07, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 26

© Tisa Phiri

Chisomo..

The following morning, I woke up from the sound of a tractor moving outside. Shaking off the bed, I realized where I was. I had fallen asleep so much I could not hear someone walk in the room I was, I just found a try beside my bed with a teapot and a sauce set. I sighed waking up. My head was hitting hard I took my medicine with some pain killers after which I went to take another bath. My wounds from the C- section were still healing and the pain so much.

Walking outside I took in the view of the farm. Right in front of me was a wide field. The tractor I was hearing was at a distance, tiling the land. The man from the previous night was driving it, another man was standing some meters away from him the two seemed to be talking. I took the silent moment to look around the area, where I stood was a wide veranda built with natural materials, some brown reeds and grass, the floor was wooden too. I stood a step in front and turned to look at the full view of the house. it was small but beautiful, the environment was so refreshing, the morning breeze was so fresh and so different from what it felt like breathing in the air in the clouded compounds of Lusaka, it felt home and for a moment I felt safe.

“Chisomo, you are supposed to be thinking of your babies now” I hit myself inside realizing the comfort around the place was taking over my sad thoughts.

“Good morning” I heard the voice of the man from behind me, I had moved to the back yard watching the Chickens.

“Good morning Sir” I tried to smile but it didn’t last.

“Am sorry I over slept, and “

“don’t be silly, you needed that rest, I told one of the ladies around this farm to serve you some warm tea, you will need it, it’s becoming cold the season for rains is around the corner.” he smiled standing there in his gumboots.

“Thank you Sir, but I must take my leave now, I got to go” I stammered

“What? No way, I am sure you have something to tell me, or if not, you can just stay here and get better. You are still sick I can see you look pale. Though am able to tell you don’t have amnesia like I thought last night “He giggled.

“Am sorry about the amnesia thing I didn’t really deny your assumption.

“I understand you couldn’t trust me. But it’s all good what is important is you are safe her and you can stay as long as you need to” he smiled assumingly.

I tried to talk him out of the idea of staying but he insisted, it was like he could read my mind and knew I had nowher1e to go. That day he showed me around and made sure I ate the food that was prepared by the woman he called the wife to the man who used to stay and watch the farm for him.

A couple of days later, he told me he was going back to the city and would only come back after a day.

“in the meantime, try to get over your past pains and if you feel like telling me the entire story, then you will tell me, who knows maybe I can be of help” he added before leaving.

He was right, I needed to tell someone what was going on, I could not stay away from my kids, I knew so well they needed me and I too needed them, fear gripped my heart whenever I thought of going back to Lusaka. I tried to think of ways in which I could have them back, but with Jay dead, I had no idea how I would do it alone, I felt so sad and alone, I spent most of the days on the fields helping the farm man and his wife, they wondered why I wanted to work so much, unknown to them, that was my way of getting over sad thoughts. I worked all day long and at night slept in tears, I hoped Mario was okey and would take care of them.

A couple of days later, the man I came to know as Colonel Bwembya came back. He had bought some food stuffs and other farm materials. The time he drove in I was working in the small garden weeding the tomatoes.

“Do you know the boss is in?” Mrs. Phiri, the wife to the man taking care of the farm called me standing outside the garden,

“Really? That is good, I will come greet him soon” I tried to smile.

“look here Chisomo, you have worked yourself too much in this farm, take a break now will you, besides, the boss will not take it lightly we made you work like this. You are his Guest and still recovering for crying out loud.

“Am okey really, what was I to be doing here all this time? Come on Mrs. Phiri I did this on my own accord so stop worrying” I patted her hand. She smiled and looked at my face.

“I know something must have happened to you back in the city, but I also know you are a strong woman and will pull through, stop running away from your past Chisomo. Sometimes the best way to face your fears is to face them head on” she encouraged me and walked away I watched her in silence.

She was right, I had to man up and face my fears, that moment I walked to see Colonel Bwembya and decided to tell him everything. By the time I was done, he shook his head.

“my dear, I cannot even imagine the pain you have been going through, but now that you have trusted me to tell me the truth, I will personally make sure you get your kids back, that officer will take responsibility.” He spoke.

“I don’t want any trouble with all of them, all I need are my babies, and they can have their money and their lives sir I don’t really care” I told him as a matter of fact.

“Now, tell me about this man? What is going on between the two of you, like seriously cause from where I sit, I can see something else in your eyes whenever you mention his name. Is he special to you?” he asked

“no, no sir, he is not, like I told you everything was organized by the woman and I just did it to save my mother`s life.” I swallowed hard hiding the feeling i had for Mario,

“well then, if you ask me the story is not adding up, why would a woman plot and scare you away if at all there is nothing between the two of you?” he asked, I looked at him and down the floor, I didn’t want to talk about Mario`s love confessions and my actual feelings for him too. All I needed was to heal my pain of being away from my kids.

“look here Chisomo, if you need me to help you get the kids back, don’t close in anything, you have to let me in on the truth, that way I can find a way to help you” Colonel Bwembya insisted. In the end I told him how I felt about Mario and all he told me about his feelings for me.

“Well, well, now I will go ahead and try find this man then the rest can follow” he assured me. I was so glad.

He came back the following day and told me he found Mario from Headquarters and had talked to him a bit.

“I didn’t tell him about you in details but I tried to find a way of asking what was going on in his life. From the look on his face and what I heard, he searches for you. The few people that I could find to ask anything about him, told me he was in some big fight with his fiancé and they had a matter in court where this fiancé is claiming the babies are hers. “He explained his findings and all along I shook my head.

“Is she mad? She has the guts to go to court over the babies she never gave birth to?” I sat back wondering how far Ketty was going to take the matter.

“She is mad?” I cried out.

“So now, we need to wait for the next court session so you can show up as a witness before the actual judgement” the colonel added.

“I don’t understand, on what basis did she even sue him?” I asked

“Well, I am not sure but a day after tomorrow we will find out what is going on. Just be ready to face that woman again and you have to promise to be brave so you can stand up for your babies, no more running away” he held my hand in comfort and I smiled honestly grateful for what he was doing for me.

“I don’t know how I will ever repay you for this Sir” I sighed looking at him as we sat in the couch.

He smiled and held my hand, “Marry me” he said with so much passion.

“What?” I asked him standing up.

“You want me to marry you, is this some kind of joke?” I asked.

“No, my wife is long gone, my kids are far away, I feel lonely and need a companion, I know am old but I can make you happy Chisomo I can have you and your twins and take care of all of you till you are okey.” He moved closer I had to flinch back

“Hear my cry and marry me when all this is over. Over the week I have fallen for you” the old man went on confessing his love for me I was left tongue tied.

“What is wrong with all the men I find? “ I asked myself

“I cannot have any man near me, they spoil everything confessing love. It all started with Mario, then Jay now this old man?” I asked myself looking out the window.

“Chisomo, just think about it, I love you” the man went on and I could not hear any more, I run outside and went to hide behind some trees crying myself out. Wondering how on earth I was going to get the help I needed when the man I had trusted to help had just broken the last piece of my hope.

“My God what is wrong with me or is it the men I find in my life?” I asked myself. It was now late and it was getting dark by the time I decided to walk back to the farm house. Col had left I didn’t find his vehicle.

“Mrs. Phiri, where is the boss?” I asked the lady as she walked to the kitchen.

“He left” she smiled at me holding a basin with vegetables.

“He left?” I asked.

“Yes, he said he will be back late though, something like he wants to clear his mind” she nodded her head.

“Oh okey” I responded walking on to the room which had become my bedroom.

“By the way, he looks sad, is anything the matter?” she asked,

“No” I responded sharply then stopped to look at her.

“I mean, I don’t know for sure Mrs. Phiri, how I can know. I thought you knew the old man well enough” I responded sounding as casual as possible.

“well I know him that is why am asking, since you came here, the man has been so happy, he works more, he is more cheerful, it is like you brightened his life “ she spoke with a smile.

“Oh I see” I tried to smile back and past her. I sat down holding my head lost in thoughts. Wondering how I was going to get back my kids without having anyone else hurt in the process, I honestly felt like a curse at the moment.

To be continued
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 27

© Tisa Phiri

Mario…

My life had been turned upside down, since Chisomo disappeared on me, I tried to look for her everywhere I could think of but nothing. I even went to check on Jay and after finding him, he clearly denied seeing or running away with Chisomo.

“I have searched for her everywhere too and I was suspecting you and your Fiancé` has something to do with her disappearance” Jay had responded after I went on asking about Chisomo. He explained his mysterious waking up covered in tomato paste but with no idea what happened to him.

“I know not what is going on with Chisomo but I will find her one day, Ketty and her mother still play innocent even though I know they got to her somehow” I complained honestly feeling desperate.

“If you are sure they took her or made her leave, why not report to the police for kidnapping?” Jay suggested. It had been 4 days after Chisomo was gone. I thought through Jay`s idea and went on to report to the police even without proper evidence. The police argued that Chisomo was a woman and was capable of making sound decisions including deciding to leave her children behind.

I was so tired getting to my new home a day later, when I saw Ketty`s vehicle parked outside my yard.

“What are you doing here?’ I asked her getting off my car. She smiled.

“I came to give you this” she sighed handing me a paper.

“What is this?” I asked without taking the paper from her hands.

“Read it Mario” she shrugged casually.

“What? A summon? Are you mad or what? Those babies are mine, I and Chisomo gave birth to them and not you. Why on earth do you even think you will have the rights to get them?” I asked now closing the gap between us.

“Well, if I will not have you back, then I will have the kids. It was my idea to have a baby. I paid Chisomo to sleep with my fiancé and now that they are born you are refusing to give them to me. Chisomo is gone because she knows the deal” she paused seriously looking at me.

“You are insane!” I yelled angrily, she was getting on my last nerve.

“well, that will be my defense and I have witnesses, the court will rule for me to have equal rights to the children or even adopt them since their mother left them for me, you will not have me lose you and everything else I have worked so hard for Mario” she sighed and stepped back. I swear the sight of her arrogant face made me so mad. I wanted to hold her neck and strangle her for what she was doing but I held myself.

“You and your evil mother will not get away with this, you won’t” I pointed at her and walked away.

The First court session we had, Ketty and her other had forged Chisomo`s signature signing a letter where she gave custody of the twins to Ketty, stating she had carried her end of the bargain to bear her a child.

“Captain, do you agree with the concerns that this woman is claiming about the twins? Is it true she paid a woman to lay with you to bear a child for Ketty your fiancé?” the judge asked me. I looked at Ketty and her smiling mother, then back at the Judge.

“Yes she paid a woman to sleep with me” I responded,

“Well, so you are agreeing to the fact that she has the right to the twins as much as you have?” he went on.

“no, your honor” I sighed, I went on explaining all the details of what transpired with Ketty and Chisomo, stating the fact that Ketty and her mother had a hand in the disappearance of Chisomo. The Judge asked why she had written a letter to explain her leave. I tried to argue of the fact that it was fake but I was asked to present enough evidence of my claims.

My lawyer told me we had to find something that would make the courts see the plot that Ketty and her mother had, in the few days we were given. I was so scared of losing the babies, in my heart I knew I needed to defend them, I was never going to let her win.

A day before the final trial, I was babysitting the twins, the nanny I hired was in the kitchen preparing their formula, I heard a car drive in and I stood by the window to check who had come.

“What is wrong with this woman?” I asked myself seeing Ketty dressed in a short dress and high heels walking towards the entrance since I had not yet put a wall fence around the house. She saw me watching her and she stopped outside waiting.

“What do you want again?” I asked the moment I stepped outside.

“I came to give you a last chance Mario, we both know this issue can be sorted out easily, I still love you and all I wanted was for us to make a good and perfect family, just come back to me, come lets us raise the kids together it’s what Chisomo would have wanted” she explained her voice calm.

“I see, this was your plan, to threaten me with the court case with fake documents so that you have me and the twins, well you are so pathetic, I cannot believe I once loved you. You disgust me” I spat honestly hating her very presence.

“I love you Mario, I really do and I never wanted all this you know that “she whispered walking close to me.

“Come any closer to me and you will regret it Ketty, you know what? people were right, my mother was right, she saw through you and knew you had some part of your mother in you, I wish I had seen that earlier, you and your mother will pay for what you are doing to poor Chisomo and the twins. “ I shook my head.

“Well your loss, don’t say I never warned you Mario, I came in peace and you throw insults on me? You are the one who will regret ever letting me go because of that Chisomo, she abandoned you and you won’t accept the facts” she smiled and walked away.

I so much wanted to pour my heart out to her and let her know what I was really feeling about her, but I couldn’t get myself to do it, I prayed a little prayer hoping a miracle would happen so that the courts would see that Ketty and her mother were up to no good at all. She turned to look at me and I shook my head. She was not worthy my time, so I walked inside and sat with the twins, thankfully they were growing big and now at 9 days old, they looked good and better than they were when they got discharged from the hospital. I was glad I hired an experienced mother as their nanny and she was taking good care of them.

“What did she want?” the nanny asked when she walked in with some bottles of milk.

“God knows, just came to disturb my mind, but I will not allow her. “ I responded with a weak smile she shook her head.

“your story is something else Sir, how come the woman you loved for years turns out to be the one to cause you pain?” she sighed sitting down next to the girl. I had not named the twins yet not knowing Chisomo`s ideas of names, I was so much hopeful she would come around and name them herself.

A couple of days later, my lawyer and I walked into the court room, the trial started and we got to the point where i had to defend myself of all Ketty`s accusations and claims. But it was so weak.

“Well, Captain am sorry but we will have to allow Ketty to have custody of the babies, she is the woman and from the explanations she has same rights to the children as much as you have. You will have to be visiting your children and you will not have them before they are old enough, they need a mother`s care” the judge was speaking and I heard some shoes stepping forward. The entire court room looked at the door to see who was walking in and Chisomo was there standing her face wet with tears.

“Objection Your highness!” an elderly man who was standing with her shouted.

“Chisomo!” I silently screamed with a deep sigh, I felt relieved seeing her. She looked sad and thinner than I had seen her last but I was so glad she was standing there.

“This woman here is the mother to the twins and she is here to tell her story” the man went on and I immediately recognized him, he was a retired colonel from ZAF. I was still in the judgement box so I could not just move and go to Chisomo, I kept looking at her surprised.

“Where have you been?” I finally asked when they were close to me. But the Col moved close taking her forward I stood back watching her.

“Let her in the box and lets all settle down to hear the testimony of this woman” the Judge shouted before she could answer me, I held her hand as I moved out squeezing it hard.

“Am so glad you are here my love, I really needed you” I whispered and walked towards the seat. Ketty and her mother were fidgeting clear hatred written over Ketty’s mother, Ketty was facing the floor as Chisomo went on giving her testimony to how she went away.

At the end of the session, Ketty and her mother were not allowed to get the kids. They were to appear again for final trial. My lawyer told me further trials given Chisomo`s testimony.

As we walked outside, the lawyer explained it would be hard to get everything cleared completely as the Judge asked some more investigations to be carried to confirm Chisomo was the mother, but thankfully she had produced the birth records from the hospital and the judge gave her some time to be free.

The Col drove Chisomo following me behind and left her, at my place. Before they left, I watched them talk for a few minutes and Chisomo walked into my house looking rather sad instead of happy. She smiled as she bonded with the twins though, I could see she was happy to see them healthy.

“am happy to see you back” I stood behind Chisomo as she was standing by the window after putting the babies to sleep we had not talked one to one from the court and I was not yet sure of what happened to her.

“it’s not over Mario, my life is still a mess and I am here to just get the twins, when this is all over, am going away and never coming back” she spoke with so much pain tears falling her face.

“What? What do you mean? “ I asked surprised.

“It’s the price am paying to have my babies back Mario, I have to leave, am sorry” she cried the more.

“What happened to you my love? Please let me in” I begged her holding her hands but she moved back.

“I can’t, I just have to leave and if you truly love me you have to let me go. I was helped to come back, offered the protection I needed from Ketty and her mother and in exchange I have to let you go” she sniffed in and wiped her tears.

“No, you cannot do this to me, not again Chisomo stop punishing me please, just stop. “ I tried to beg her but she moved further back shaking her head.

“it’s for your own good and for the sake of the twins Mario, I need to go away and this time forever, forget about me Mario, forget I ever existed. “

“Forget you? Are you serious? “

“We have babies together, we are bound forever how can you ask me such a thing?” I now was crying desperately, her facial expression was filled with so much sadness and she didn’t seem to be joking with her every word.

“Am sorry” she added and walked away.

“No, this can’t be happening, not again.” I sighed and rushed to follow her in the other room.

Read the complete story here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 9:51am On Mar 07, 2020
Read on your blog.
Nice story

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Owe Alot Of Loan Apps / A Picture Poem About Women! / Nairaland's Literature Quiz...you Can Join Anytime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 332
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.