Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

A Cry For Love - A Romance Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Cry For Love - A Romance Story (6058 Views)

FEIRE - A Romance Story / THE JAILBIRD - A Romance/ Crime Thriller / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 1

© Tisa Phiri

The morning rising sun was hot, I looked around the yard as I walked towards the exit. My heart and mind at peace even when my mission was hotter and very disturbing. I had no way of explaining my feelings at the moment, the only thing on my mind was to find something that would fulfill my heart`s desire, and that was the love of my dear fiancé.

Mario is a good man and I intended to make it my mission to let him have a blessed and long life. Now that my life had a large stumbling block, I wouldn’t give up hope of other`s happiness especially that of the man I had come to so much love it sometimes hurt the thought of living a life without him.

“Ketty! Ketty! Stop!” the shouting voice of Mario made me stop in my steps but I bothered not to turn around and look at his face. I was so scared of seeing what lay within them I preferred to act like I didn’t care at all about his feelings.

“I have already told you this is final Mario, I don’t know why you want to make things harder than they are already” I spoke without facing him I could feel him breathe behind my back.

Instead, he held me from my back and squeezed me in a tenderly way and like that was the only grip on the tears I had held on to in my eyes, I felt my chin wet.

“Stop please, will you?” Mario whispered rubbing his face in my back I swallowed hard fighting the urge to turn around and kiss him, tell him all will be okey. But on second thoughts, I stepped forward and though he hesitated to let me go, he eventually released his hands from me and I freely walked away getting on the first bus that was pacing by the road side.

Mario`s house was just along the road in Kamwala south so I had no issues when it came to transport. The moment I settled back in the back seat of the Toyota hiace, I looked in his direction and I regretted it the very moment seeing him still standing there his hands on his face.

“Men do cry after all” I shrugged not happy about the feeling though.

“Hey sister, ndalama apo” the bus conductor raised his voice and I looked up at him with a smile,

“Yes please, here” I handed him the money which was already folded in my hands.

“Town?” he asked me but I was so lost in my mind I didn’t answer him.

The next time I paid attention to him was when I recalled he had to give me my change.

“I was asking you were you are going sister and you played dump, that is the problem with imwe my slay queens bamu Lusaka, you think you run the entire world” the man uttered his frustrations on me, I was tongue tied.

I took a moment to analyse my dressing, I was clad in a pair of thick jeggings and a blouse long enough my entire back and hips were well covered, I had some white schores on my feet that matched my floral blouse. My face and hair as was my trend was well and neatly done.

“Well, what makes you think every woman in Lusaka is a slay Queen?” I found myself answering him back after I confirmed in my head I was actually okey with my dress.

He looked at me and my calm face and instead smiled widely.

“Awe ndimwe babwino chabe mwandi sister (no, you are just beautiful my sister)” he shrugged and I had no more to say to him I even failed to pronounce a thank you.

A few minutes later I was out of the bus and was matching hurriedly across the streets when someone bumped into me I sharply looked in the direction the woman was heading and was so sorry to find her lying flat on her stomach some people watched her others whispered softly I could not tell what they were saying.

“What the hell is wrong with you, you cannot watch were you are going?” I shout out before I could control it and the lady slowly but carefully stood up and wiped her back and hands.

“am so sorry dear, I didn’t see you, my mind is somewhere else” she spoke so gentle just her voice made me develop a lump on my throat I hated myself for behaving like that, humiliating the lady when she already had enough with falling down in public.

“Um, excuse me” I walked towards her when she turned to go as I had not responded to her apology but kept looking at her.

“Am sorry I was so harsh on you” I apologized

“It’s okey dear, it was my fault really” she smiled but in a sad way I held her hand

“Where are you going? You look troubled?” I asked her

“Um, my mother” she stammered and I could see the struggle in her eyes as she tried to tell me what was bothering her.

“Listen, its okey, am a stranger I understand, but I feel bad for you, honestly you don’t look well at all. Can you tell me what is wrong, please?” I held on to her and instead of answering she burst out crying.

“My God Lady, what is it?” I now pulled her in an embrace and I am not sure what led me but I pulled her hand and led her in South gate mall and found a seat outside some café.

“Am sorry” she cleared her throat wiping her tears and trying to wipe the ones that had fallen my hands.

“It’s alright dear, you can calm down now” I whispered with the best smile I could give.

“My mother, is very sick in the hospital, am just coming from there and the doctors are recommending a huge sum of money for her medication and operation, I have no idea where or how I will get the money. She is the only one I have as family, I cannot go anywhere to ask for help. I don’t work, I lost my job as a shop keeper a few months ago due to her sickness which made me abscond from work for some time” she teary explain, I nodded my heard slowly to make sure she understood I was listening to her.

“Am sorry about your mother. What is wrong with her?” I asked her after she managed to control her tears.

“She has some kind of cancer I don’t know how to pronounce it well, it is growing so fast and is located in her stomach” she responded

“Oh, God, am so sorry for that. By the way what is your name? Am Ketty” I looked at her

“Am Chisomo” she for the first time smiled it was like her name her name gave her hope after all.

“Chisomo, I like you, not only are you so beautiful you seem like a good person too, some people would never care so much about their ill mother but I can see the struggle and the desire you have to get her better. “ I smiled.

“She did the best for me am just returning the favor, besides she is my mother and I would never get to have another in this world” she smiled

“I know right?” I smiled back, in fact admiring she had such a connection with her mother, the thing I always wished for but never got a blessing to have it.

“well, it seemed fate made us to meet today, am on a mission and now that I have met you, am thinking you could be the one to help me with it” I smiled holding her smooth dark brown hands she looked at my face her eyes full of hope.

“Really?” she smiled

“Really, I would help you with the money you want for your mother for some favor” I started and she sat up ready to hear it all.

You can read episodes 2 to 25 here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by DivineSpecial(f): 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2020
Wow following

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2020
Following

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 8:51am On Jan 19, 2020
Me dey here
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 8:51am On Jan 19, 2020
skubido:
Following

Shift for me biko

Happy Sunday Bro
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 5:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 2

© Tisa Phiri

KETTY…

When I was done explaining to her what I needed her to do for me in exchange for money to pay her mother`s hospital bills, she looked at me and for a moment I thought she was going to hit me. She couldn’t say a word, instead, she stood up and looked at me from head to toe.

“What now? You don’t want money anymore?” I asked her. I know I sounded awkward she was wondering if at all I was a normal human being or not. But I was not joking either and I planned on having my wish one way or the other. I knew if she could give me a negative answer I would find another person to do it for me.

Well, I had the money to my name, which evidently I had no other way of spending it.

“Are you okey?” Chisomo asked me her voice now raised a bit.

“Yes, am okey? What kind of question is that?” I asked her with a smile which I noticed she took offence.

“Let me get this straight, you think you are sick and are not able to bare kids for the man you claim you love? Now, you want to pay off a woman to sleep with your man so that she gives him a child?” she looked at my face

“Yes,” I responded bluntly and now stood up to make her realise I was not joking.

“You are sick in your head woman, you are in fact the craziest person I have come to meet in my life. You talked so calmly and for the moment I thought you are a good person...”

“hey, please don’t insult me Chisomo please, you don’t need to say all that to me, let me remind you that I just met you and you have no right to judge me. so if you don’t want then go on and leave, I just wanted to help you with your mother you know” I sighed shaking my head, I picked up my bag and started walking away from her leaving her staring at me as I walked.

Yes, it seemed crazy to her but I had to find a woman to give me and my husband to be a child the moment we got married. I loved Mario and I knew from the talks I had with his mother we would never be happy till we gave her grandchildren, at least even just one. Now that I couldn’t give birth to a child as I was barren due to some illness I had as a teenager, I had to find a way to make my marriage work.

Mario seemed hesitant about my idea, pointing out that I would never bring happiness in our home by paying out a stranger to give us a child. But I had to convince him otherwise.

“How many kids would you love us to have?” I recall asking him one night when we were together and he had smiled a big smile,

“well, at least 3” he looked at me and the look in his eyes when he said it made me realise how much he wanted to have babies. Though he had a change of language after learning of my condition, I knew deep down his heart he wanted kids and since I could never give him any, I decided to find a way to complete our home a few months before our wedding.

The plan was for us to pay someone to get pregnant from Mario and I would pretend to be pregnant during the period so that people would never know the truth behind our baby.

“Hey, Ketty! How are you my dear it’s been ages?” my friend greeted me when I got to her place. I had kept thinking about my meeting with Chisomo as I got to the garage where I left my car for servicing and later on drove to Northmead to see my best friend Sera.

“Hey, okey my friend, how are you?” I tried to cheer up In front of her but like always she was able to read my mood she frowned sitting next to me after handing me a glass of water.

“I told Mario” I finally spoke up looking at her face she sunk back in the couch looking at me her eyes wide open.

“Don’t, do not, tell me you went ahead with that stupid idea of yours Ketty?” she shook her head.

“yes love, I did, I have to do this for us, the plan Is all outlined well, find a woman to sleep with my would be husband maybe a few weeks after our marriage, she gets pregnant and I start paying her slowly till the day she gives birth. I get my baby and she leaves our lives forever” I shrugged casually making Sera rub her head scratching the scalp down her weave she was wordless.

“Please my dear. Don’t do this please, I beg you. Mario has proven he loves you and he accepted the situation. So just get married and be happy do not bring other complications in your marriage” she spoke in a calm but firm voice I knew she was concerned about me.

“well, what good will my husband`s love be if we are always going to get the heat from his mother about a child anyway. I don’t have that much a good relationship with my mother already. I cannot have another beef with my mother in law, no I won’t” I shrugged and placed down the glass of water.

“well, I will say I tried to warn you dear, if that is what you want and your fiancé is okey with it then go ahead , am here for you as always my girl” Sera smiled at me I hugged her close .

“I love you Sera, “I chuckled and she smiled the more.

“I love you Ketty you and me are like sister and I am trying to look out for you, God knows where all this crazy idea came from” she laughed softly.

“Am a writer remember?” I smiled and she nodded her head,

“you sometimes tend to live in your imagination my love, and it’s not good for you. Anyways, any luck in finding this lady who would give you that child?” she asked me.

“Well, I met someone today after having another heated discussion with Mario, you should see this girl, she is strong and beautiful, her body shape, let me just say her physical features are appealing. I want a person like her to mother a child for us “

“But?” Sera looked at my now down face.

“She said no” I frowned sadly.

“Okey. I didn’t think you thought it will be easy to call someone, hey woman!, you are beautiful and look healthy, can you be the one to sleep with my husband and get pregnant for us? Did you?” Sera scoffed

“I know right, its crazy dear”

“No its not crazy girl, it’s hilarious and awkward, people will think you are mad or something” she laughed

“This is Africa, Zambia if I may add, people don’t think like you do my dear” she added

“Okey. That is okey, I failed my first attempt but am sure I will find someone soon enough. You will see. “I told her with so much determination making my friend click her tongue at my idea.

Chisomo………

I was lost in my thoughts as I stood in the door way to my mother`s ward, the time I went to check on her I found her sleeping and I stood there looking sadly at her I recalled the meeting I had with the strange woman Ketty.

“How on earth would someone think like that? What the hell is this world turning into?” I asked myself shrugging in the process.

“Well, she is mad, I need money for my mother yes, but there are other better ways of saving mom`s life than do what that crazy woman was suggesting.” I spoke to myself.

Walking about the ward, I sat down my body feeling tired I dozed off. The shouting voice of the nurse woke me up I looked around as though I was lost just to meet eye to eye with the loud nurse shaking my shoulders.

“Yes, sister, am sorry I fell asleep.” I sat up seeing I was still in the hospital after having a beautiful dream my mother was well and we were walking down the road laughing and chatting.

“Your mother is very ill and the doctor wanted me to ask you if you have had any lucky finding the money he told you about” she asked me and as realization sank in, I started sobbing at the thought I had not done a thing to save my mother.

“No” I responded without hesitation.

“well, there is little we can do for you here then, the doctor explained everything and since there is no other thing to do for your mother without the needed medication, I suggest you take her back home till you get something” she looked at me so cold I wondered if at all she had any slight bit of compassion in her heart.

“sister, I know about the money but right now mother is so sick, I cannot take her home , please help us, I promise to work hard to find some money to pay the bills, please help her” I begged kneeling down on my knees but she stepped back and shrugged.

“am sorry, the doctor told me to let you know that is hospital policy and so am going to prepare the documents and you people will be discharged” the nurse spoke her last and walked away leaving me still on the floor my face was wet with tears I failed to stand up even when a few faces were looking in my direction, probably wondering why a 26 year old lady was humiliating herself in public.

“God what now?” I asked myself still stationed to the floor.

An hour later, we were back at out small home in Matero, my mother looked at me as I sat beside her and weakly smiled.

“Why have you been so silent my Chisomo? Things will be fine okey? don’t worry about me, God will heal me at his own time? “She smiled and I looked at her shaking my head.

“well, you have had that faith for some months mother and there is nothing God is doing about it, maybe it’s time we started thinking of ways to find money to help you instead of hope as you call it” I uttered my words and the look in my mother`s eyes warned me she was not pleased.

“Am sorry mom, it’s just that…” I started and wiped the tear from my eyes.

“Its alright, I get it, you are tired my daughter you have tried all you can and things are hard for you, trust me though, everything works for good for those who love the Lord” she patted my shoulder with her weak hand and I faked a smile.

“Get some rest mom, let me make some fritters and sell so we can have something to eat this evening” I covered her with a fleece and walked out to make some fire outside.

To be continued
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 5:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 3

© Tisa Phiri

KETTY…

It was only a week towards my big day and I was so nervous and excited at the same time. Moving about my empty house, I took time to reflect on my life walking about the house. Landing my eyes on my late father's pictures, I stopped and started touching it memories of my father flushing back to my mind.

“Ketty my dear, come sit with me here” he called me one evening. I was only 17 then, I sat next to him and he opened some files.

“Look at this my child” he displayed them before me.

“What is this daddy?” I asked him flipping through them I could not understand a thing written on the papers.

“Well, this is all the documentation of my life accumulated wealthy. The title deeds, the money saved in the bank accounts and many other important documents of my estates ” he smiled showing them to me one by one.

“But daddy, why are you showing them to me now? Is there something I should know about them?” I asked him. He sighed and let me closer to him I rested my hand on his as he looked at me seriously.

“All this is yours my daughter, I have put it all in your name so that in case anything happens to me, you should know about what I have worked for and make use of it for your life. The thing is your mother and I have not been on good books for a while and I cannot trust her enough to do the right things, am sure when you grow up a little bit you will be able to understand” he smiled

“But daddy, mom and you are doing great together, what do you mean by…” I could not finish asking the question and my mother walked in and sat across us.

“like I said, you will understand when you get matured my daughter, now get this and take it to your room am coming after you” my father squeezed my hand and I obeyed his order leaving them glaring at each other with mom I now could see something between them was terribly wrong.

Instead of moving to my room as told, I stood by the stairs and listened in to them as they talked.

“What was that about Chalwe?” the cold voice of my mother asked.

“it’s none of your business Enala. It was something between me and my child so stay out of it” my daddy snapped and stood up I ducked a bit to avoid him seeing me.

“you will not do this to me again and again Chalwe, am still under your roof as your wife and you will not treat me like I don’t exist” my mother pulled him back I saw my father`s face turn red with anger he was silent for a moment and when he opened his mouth to speak what I heard made me shiver.

“This marriage ended a long time ago, the moment you decided to sleep with my best friend to humiliate me, was the day you put an end to this marriage. Now if you will excuse me, I have something to do” my father added.

“Well, he is a better man than you are you know, at least he cares for and …”

My mother`s words were cut short with a slap from daddy she sniffed in.

“How dare you insult me Enala? How dare you, after everything I have done for you?. You team up with my friend wanting to get everything I have? Well, I got news for you, even when your plan to kill me succeeds you two will never get a dime from me, you are so pathetic you make me sick” daddy shouted and stormed out of the house I run to my room crying.

“What is going on here?” I spoke to myself as I had locked my bedroom door. I could not believe mom could have betrayed dad with uncle Henry, I always thought he was a good man and saw him coming home even when daddy was out of the country on business trips but now I understood what was really going on.

“How could she?” I cried feeling broken I felt sad for my father, I had never seen him that upset and I knew he was not doing well. Looking at the file in my hands, I recalled his warning words to take care of it so I quickly hid the file and walked out just to find my mother standing by the door.

“What was that?” she asked

“What mom?” I stammered looking down the floor.

“You know what I mean, what was that your father gave you down stairs?” she held my hand with a strong grip.

“Let go mother, you are hurting me” I tried to pull my hand loose but she wouldn’t let me go.

“Is it true you and Uncle Henry are sleeping together?” I asked her straight up upset at the way she was holding me.

“What was that?” she narrowed her eyes, before I knew it, she was on me beating me up for disrespect. I cried out in pain as she hit me repeatedly there was more to her beating than what I had just said I could feel her hurtfulness in her cold hands.

“You stupid girl, how could you talk to me like that? am your mother” she yelled in my face and before she could hit me again, my father walked to us and pulled her back pushing her to the wall.

“What are you doing? Are you mad ?” he screamed and all I could hear was shouting and screaming around them I run out and went to the back yard crying myself out.

“Hey sunshine!” Mario walked in through the back door to my house making me startle I looked at him enter.

“Hey my precious gem, you are welcome “I tried to smile, but I guess the gloomy face from my memory was still planted on my face he stopped in his steps looking at me.

“Are you okey?” he asked moving closer.

“yeah, yea, I am now,” I placed down daddy`s picture frame and hugged him.

“You miss him right?” he asked still hugging me.

“Yeah you have no idea” I responded with a grin he pulled me to sit on the couch.

“Don’t worry, am here, am going to help you forget him, come on smile now” he made his silly face and I kissed him on the lips.

“I know you are a good man and you love me Mario, no doubt you will make me happy but never will I forget my father especially the way he died” I shrugged sadly he shook his head.

“Am sorry about your daddy baby, really I am, but it’s been what? 10 years now”

“yea, I know, it feels like yesterday most of the times though especially when I see that witch of a mother I have” I snapped and Mario shook his head placing me down beside him and sitting up to look at me.

“Well, well, enough of sad talks baby, let’s talk about the wedding.” He smiled and I nodded my head at him.

“Yeah and the woman to give us a child?” I chuckled, his face went down the same second.

“What?” I asked

“We already talked about this Mario and am not giving you an opportunity to talk me out of it” I shook my head.

“Baby, why do you insist on doing this really?” he asked this time so serious.

“well, I have thought through things and I don’t want to end up like my parents, they were unhappy and because of little misunderstandings, they made grave mistakes in their lives and daddy ended up in the grave, so yeah, I want us to be complete and since I cannot give you a child, we need to find a way of having one” I clearly outlined and he sighed deeply sitting back.

“I don’t know baby, all this just feels so wrong, I love you and it’s enough”

“No, it’s not enough baby, we will be just fine okey. Now what can I offer my dear hubby to be?” I smiled changing the subject he shrugged dismissingly.

“Red wine will do” he answered

“Wine, you are drinking this time of the day?”

“Yes, its Friday, can’t a man have a drink?” he smiled and I stood up to get him his wine.

“Hmm, so I went to see this woman in kamanga, she is the sister to my maid.” I started, looking at him but he seemed to know where I was going with my story and he looked at the TV instead.

“She a good girl and good looking for sure, but I don’t like her altitude. Oh God, where can I find that perfect woman, well at least almost perfect woman to mother our baby?” I asked myself not minding Mario`s unconcerned look.

“So what do you say?” I moved to him and he looked at me lifting his blows.

“About what?” he responded.

“Mario, seriously?” I scoffed.

“Look, if you want to get us a baby do it on your own terms but please leave me out of it” he smiled teasingly.

“But she will have to lay with you in order to get pregnant” I reminded him and he made a disgusting face.

“Really, baby, you will allow another woman to touch me? “He asked

“Yep, if that is what I have to sacrifice for our eternal happiness, then yes, just once or twice is enough to get pregnant if the ovulation period is well calculated and then done!, the rest will fall in place.

“Hmmm, whatever” he looked away and I sat closer to him playing with his fingers he kissed my hands and stood up to leave.

“I came checking on you baby, I got to go. Am working tonight. “He kissed my forehead.

“What? SDO?’” I asked him.

“yeah, am a ZAF officer and until am promoted to MAJOR or a higher rank, above Captain, am still going to do night duties” he chuckled as I lead him outside he stopped in front of his Benz and leaned on it looking at me.

“Well, will see you tomorrow then. Work well and come early we need to finalize the dances tomorrow” I reminded him and he smiled getting into the car I watched him till he was out of the gate.

“I love him” I told myself as I moved into the house.

Meet Ketty..

To be continued
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 4

© Tisa Phiri

MARIO…….

The night was going down slowly. I walked out of the duty room and went to check on the duty guards and satisfied everyone was working as required I retired back to the office and grabbed the remote control to try watch some soccer match. The moment I sat down to relax, my phone rung.

“Hello mother?” I responded

“Hello Mario, I waited for you to come pay me a visit today, what happened? Does it mean when you are getting married you forget about your mother?” she went on talking I had to sigh before responding.

Of all people, I knew the kind of person my mother was, there was no denying she was not an easy person to deal with especially if you were not on her good people list. She would say things out without regard you are hurt or not, she never hid her feelings about things and most people found her unpleasant.

“well, mom, I told you am working in the night today and I had to spend the afternoon, of course part of it with ketty she was filling me on what is going on with the wedding planning” I explained calmly.

“What is wrong with you? You used to have time with me but now all I hear is Ketty. That rich girl has you in her grip and I wonder if at all we will ever have you around after you marry her” she went on complaining I had to cut her short.

“mom, stop now please, she is not taking your place you know that, you are and will always be my mother, but she is going to be my wife in a weeks’ time, the earlier you accept that the better for all of us”

“Mario, am not happy but anyways, its time for you to marry and give me grandchildren already” I heard her smile. That was her only concern about me marrying, to give her kids, and I somehow understood Ketty`s concern. She had told me her condition and since she could not have kids, she was burnt on her plan to have us get a baby through another woman, everything I did to get her forget about the issue she found a way of convincing me that was the way out for us.

“Are you still there?” I heard my mother ask, I then realized I was not even listening to whatever she was talking about.

‘yes am here mother, I have heard you” I lied chuckling in the process.

“Well, do that then and this time don’t let me down Mario, your father sends greetings” she concluded and I regretted lying because now I was in trouble. How was I to do what she told me to if at all I didn’t know what she wanted me do for her.

“Oh God, am in deep shit” I murmured to myself and lay down my head on the office sofa.

The following day after work, I went straight home. The house I had lived almost half of my working years. I had worked for 7 years in the Zambia Airforce. After staying with my parents for 3 years, I had decided to move out and rent a house in Kamwala as I never wanted to stay inside the camp like many of my friends did.

It was in my 4th year of working that I met Ketty, a tall and beautiful girl that took away my breath the moment my friend introduced her to me as the best friend to his fiancé.

Well, it was on one of the annual balls we usually have at the end of the year, and we sat down on the same table.

“So what do you Ketty?” I had asked after the chit chats we had with Frank and his fiancé Sera.

“Well, am a writer” she smiled

“Writer?” I asked not really sure if that was impressive of surprising.

“Yes, I write books, you know stories “she nodded her head and I smiled back.

“Wow, I never knew I would cross paths with a writer, Zambian writer to be precise, what an interesting woman you are”

She looked at me in a way that made me feel proud of myself. I could tell she was no ordinary woman and her sense of style and class was evident.

I never wasted any time after knowing her, a few weeks down the line I invited her out for dinner and that was the beginning of our relationship. I realized she talked less about her family and one day when she invited me over to her house, in woodlands, I was amazed to find out she was wealthy. In trying to understand how she lived alone and seemingly had a lot of wealthy judging from the car she used to drive and the house. She then opened up and told me about her parents and how terrible her father turned out dead in his car.

My friends warned me not to get comfortable with a rich, single and independent woman, but my heart had chosen and I knew I was not going to lose her just because my friends felt intimidated by my rich girlfriend.

“She is a good person, guys, she never makes me feel like I am under her, she lets me take my place as a man and that is enough to make me have her.” I told the guys point blank.

“Are you coming here or not?” my mother called me later in the day and I knew I was in deep trouble.

“Yes mom am on my way” I breathed in.

“Good, hurry then” she insisted.

An hour later, I was in Matero to see my mother and she welcomed me with a wide smile I wondered what was going on with her.

“Mom, where is dad and why do you look so happy this afternoon?” I asked her as she led me inside.

“Where is it, first of all?” she asked me.

“mom, am sorry, I don’t know what I was supposed to bring, the thing is I was working late the time you called and I didn’t pay attention to what you said on the phone” I told her the truth she shook her head.

“I told your father you were not going to do it, anyway, thanks to your brother and fiancé, we have it all in place” she smiled leading me inside the house and I was shocked to find the living room filled with people and the moment I stepped in they all shouted a happy birthday to me. Ketty was among them smiling widely.

“Oh dammit, how could I forget my own birthday?” I held my face in my palms.

“Yes it is your birthday dummy and I wanted you to bring a bottle of wine for your father” my mother whispered to me and I laughed.

“Well, mother its seems this room has all the wine and food I had not planned on eating and drinking” I laughed walking away from her to my fiancé.

“Hey there?” I hugged her quick and she smiled wishing me a happy birthday.

She told me how she had arranged for my party at my parent`s house.

“Wow, am so happy baby, thank you, I didn’t expect this at all, all my friends are here?” I looked around at the guys from work and my friend Frank was around. My young brother and dad all cheerfully welcomed me among other people.

After walking around and greeting everyone receiving their wishes, I decided to take a break outside.

“hello, how are you Mario? It’s been long, your mother told me it’s your birthday” I heard a voice call out and I looked at who it belonged to. My mother`s neighbor was standing over the flower fence.

“Bana Bwalya, long time, am fine” I stood to greet her. We were still talking when a lady walked in her yard she turned to look behind her.

“Chisomo my dear, what brings you here?” she talked to the lady who I could tell was either sick or she had something serious going on.

“Aunty am sorry to bother you, but my mother is very sick I need to take her to the hospital. I was hoping your husband can drive us there and I will pay him when I get the money. Please help he is the only taxi driver who helps me in times like this. I have nothing with me right now to pay another taxi. ” the lady spoke looking at Bana Bwalya.

“am sorry for that, but today is a bad day, you see my husband who always helps your mother with transport to the hospital is not around, he won’t be back till tomorrow morning”

Bana Bwalya responded.

“oh, God what do I do now?, I have been on the market trying to sell something so I can raise some money for her hospital bills but it’s all failing apart, what do I do now” Chisomo cried I felt my heart reached out to her.

“Maybe I can help. I mean, I have a car here and the young lady looks desperate” I found myself offering help.

“What?” Bana Bwalya asked surprised.

“Yeah, I just feel bad for the lady here Bana Bwalya” I smiled sadly. Bana Bwalya asked about my birthday and I smiled telling her I would be back before people notice I was gone.

“Well, you are still a good child I recall as a boy Mario, go on now Chisomo. My neighbor`s son will help you take your mother to the hospital” she looked at the young lady who nodded without looking at my face.

“Thank you” she looked at me once as we sat in the car and right down. I could see her lips tremble she was either scared or crying I didn’t look close enough to be sure which was which.

“Chisomo! Chisomo! Is that you?” a soft voice came from inside the house when we got to her house a few blocks away from my parent`s house.

“mom, Bashi Bwalya is not home but the neighbor`s son offered to take us to the hospital, come on let me help you up” she spoke to her mother softly. I watched from the door as she led her weak and evidently sick mother to the door.

“Oh, here I got you” I held her other hand seeing them struggle to keep straight.

In the car as I drove to the hospital I realized I had left my phone and no one except Bana Bwalya knew where I was going.

“Young man, May God increase your years and see you through all the good days of your life. God bless you more and more” the woman blessed me I looked back at her in the mirror and noticed she did it with closed eyes laying on her daughter`s laps.

For some reason the two of them got my attention such that on my way back I kept thinking about them and what was really going on, the lady Chisomo wasn’t really interested in talking to me I could see from the short responses and I decided to leave the moment I dropped them at the hospital.

“Mario, finally, my God where did you disappear to?” Ketty asked me the moment I got to the door.

“The hospital” I answered shrugging.

“What? Are you okey? Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked one question after the other and I smiled at her.

“Am okey baby, Come on. I will tell you everything” I held her hand as we matched inside.

Mario...

Read Episode 5 to 10 here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
Ann2012:

Shift for me biko

Happy Sunday Bro

Don shift oooo

How ur side, keep enjoying ooooo

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 5

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty.

Looking out the window as I drove back home, my thoughts were fixed on what Mario had told me. I was not the so jealousy type of a person but the look in my Mario`s eyes as he talked about the girl he helped made me worry a little bit.

“Baby, you should have seen this girl, she is so desperate, and she is so broken I could see she has been through so much. What amazed me the most is that she didn’t seem proud of me helping her. It was like she wanted to do things on her own but was at the same time fixed in a corner” He explained.

“Well, there is a lot of things going on around us my baby, but what can we do, you have done your part to help that woman and am sure God will bless you for that.” I smiled at him not really asking who this woman was or what was wrong with her. All I knew was he helped a sick woman to the hospital.

‘Hey so how did the birthday party go? Am sorry I messed it up leaving before it was over after you put in so much to help make it.” he had apologized Kissing my hands.

“Anything for my man, its bad you didn’t tell me where you went but am glad you are here now. So how does being 32 feel like?” I chuckled as we relaxed in his mother`s couch I got comfortable forgetting where I was.

“Well, I don’t feel anything different. Only that am getting married in days” he laughed softly.

“Oh yeah, may I know to whom?” I teased him and he pulled me closer kissing my lips the loud clearing of the throat by someone broke us up. We looked upon to see who it was just to be met by his mother.

“Mom” Mario sighed standing up to her I bow my head in shame, something about his mother always made me feel uncomfortable so I lowered my eyes to avoid looking into her obviously disapproving eyes.

“What is going on here? You have made my house yours now?” his mother asked staring at me.

“Am sorry mom” I quickly apologized and she clicked her tongue.

“Rich kids” she murmured and I saw Mario squeeze her hand to stop her. But it was too late the damage had already been done. I stood up pretending I didn’t hear her and walked away.

“That girl has no manners at all. The problem with people who have money they never teach their children manners. “I could hear her speak as I walked away but Mario stopped her.

“Mother, say another word and am out of here.” he warned and I rushed out not wanting to hear any more.

Later on we parted ways and here I was driving home.

The moment I opened the front door to go in my phone rung and I noticed It was a strange number, not even the true caller app could identify it so I waited for it to ring till the it almost cut before answering it.

“Hello” I answered and stayed silent to hear the voice of another person.

“Halo, it’s me” the person on the other end responded.

“Just tell me who are you. Am I supposed to know you?” I snapped taking put my frustration on the person on the other end.

“Am Chisomo.” The voice responded and I stopped in my steps, throwing the keys to the car on the bar table and taking a stool.

“Chisomo?” I asked, not that I didn’t know who she was but I wanted to be sure the right person had called me. Before she could answer the line cut and I sighed redialing it. She responded on the second ring and I told me who she was and apologized she run out of air time.

“Chisomo, I never expected a call from you” I told her as a matter of fact.

“Yeah I know, I didn’t expect to call either. But I need the money Ketty. My mother is dying and I need money. Is it too late?” she asked me and I paused for a while trying to check if she was being serious. I had started following another girl the past weeks, but in my heart I felt Chisomo could be the best person.

“What made you change your mind?” I asked her instead.

“Well, like I told you, my mother is very sick and I have tried this whole time to find money but I have failed. Am ready to give you and your husband a child” she explained.

“Well then, meet me tomorrow if you are serious we will talk about it and see the way forward”

“Yes, okey then, were do we meet from?” she asked me and I told her it would be okey for her to come to my house so we discuss the way forward at length.

The following day, I informed Mario about the meeting I would have with Chisomo. As always he told me to do what I wanted.

Chisomo...

“Mom, am going to do what that woman asked, she gave me her line and I think its time we considered getting some money for your medicine.” I told my mother after the stranger dropped us at the hospital. The doctor told me if they didn’t operate on her any time soon, I would lose my mother.

So here I was trying to get her to allow me to do as Ketty had asked.

“Chisomo, listen to me. Am not sure what makes you think the only way to get me well is to sacrifice your life for mine, I will not allow you to subject your body to that, giving birth to a child that you will never have? In order to have money?” my mother shook her head.

She went on telling me how hard it would be for me to let go of my child and warned me it was not only immoral but a sin to fornicate. After hours of debating, I just told her it was okey and she assumed I was letting it go so I called Ketty to let her know I was going to do it. I was totally scared of the decision I made but I could not think of any other way of having to save my mother`s life.

I stood in front of a black gate in Woodlands after knocking with a stone, it was silent I was even thinking of going back when the gate opened and a man stood there looking at me from head to toe. From his clothing and altitude, I could tell he was the servant / worker.

“What do you want?” he asked his voice cold I felt so useless.

“Am here to see Ketty” I told him without minding his altitude. He walked back in locking the gate in my face.

“What is wrong with you John? You treat people like I don’t know.” I heard Ketty`s voice from inside and the moment I raised my head to look at her after the gate opened again, she smiled widely and softened her face.

“Am so sorry dear, I should have told John you are coming. Please come in” she ushered me in and I slowly walked in front of her and looked around the nicely done pavers and the surrounding. I wondered if that was her parent`s house or her fiancé`s arguing to myself as to why a rich person would want a poor woman like myself to give them a child.

“What is to miss with all this? What does this woman want a child for?” I whispered in my heart and she looked at me opening the front door for me to enter. Apart from the nice house she had and the great interior, what caught my attention the more was a photo of an old man hanging on the wall, it wasn’t the only one as I noticed two more photos of the same man were in the room.

“Your father?” I asked seeing the resemblance, as a way of starting a conversation with her.

“Yes” she chuckled proudly I could see the light in her eyes as she followed my gaze to look at the photos.

“You must be great together, I see the way you smile at the mention of his name. You love him so much huh?” I asked.

“He died 10 years ago” she announced catching me unaware I opened my mouth surprised.

“Oh dear, am so sorry. I didn’t know I thought…”

“it’s okey, it’s been years you know but I miss him. So let’s begin” she changed the subject.

“Yeah sure, so how are we going to do this?” I asked her.

‘Well am not sure you will keep the end of the bargain after I give you the money you need since it seems you want a down payment for your mother`s medication. So here is what we do, you get to spend a night with my fiancé before we get married. In that way I will trust this will be done as planned” she told me and my heart raced as I realized what I was getting myself into.

“What? Any problem now?” she asked seeing how uneasy I had become.

“Yes I have heard you, so when can I get the first payment so I pay for my mother’s surgery and medicine?” I asked her just to get over it already.

“Well first things first, when was your last period?” she asked

“About 6 to 7 days ago, why?”

“Well that is good, we can get you pregnant during this period then. Let me just warn you to keep our promise. You will not tell anyone of this and you will be staying with me in this house till you give birth, my husband and I have decided to stay in this house after our marriage and so will you. For nine months, if at all you will get pregnant. you will stay inside and some arrangement for you to take care of your mother the moment the pregnancy starts showing will be done later on. Do we have an agreement?” she asked me and I nodded my head, hating the feel of what I was subjecting myself to.

Chisomo...

To be continued

Read the remaining episodes here - youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love cry
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 7:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hmmmmmm

Thanks for the update
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 6

© Tisa Phiri

Mario…

Rushing to her house, I arrived 20 minutes after the time she called me to go see her. I couldn’t tell what it was she wanted to see me for but the agency in Ketty`s voice made me leave what I was doing and rushed to see her.

“Ba John, how are you?” I asked the gate man and worker at Ketty`s house the moment he opened the gate for me.

“Am okey, njala chabe” the man giggled and I knew he wanted another tip.

“Here, get your self-something to eat and make sure you don’t spend this money on beer” I handed him a K50 walking to the front door. I was greeted by a smiling Ketty and she planted a soft kiss on my lips.

“Baby, are you okey?” I asked her worriedly.

“Am more than fine my love, come in I have a surprise for you. “She led me inside and I followed her wondering what was really going on with her. Instead of telling me she went into another room and came back with the lady I saw from my mother`s house, I stopped my mouth from saying a word.

“What is she doing here?” I asked myself looking at Ketty and back at the lady.

“Baby, this is Chisomo. The lady I told you about, she is the one to give us a baby” Ketty introduced me.

“Chisomo, my hubby to be, Mario. “She held her hand at me. I was silent, I don’t know what was going on in my head but realizing the woman I helped the previous day would turn out to be the one to sleep with me for a child, made me stuck in my thoughts I kept looking at her even though her face was down.

“Baby can I talk to you” I finally spoke up.

“Why? Anything wrong? “Ketty responded,

“Please” I begged standing up.

‘Chisomo, go on sit let me talk to him, don’t worry all will be well” Ketty assured the lady now I was aware her name was Chisomo.

“What the hell is this baby? You said I will get to lay with the woman you will find after we are married, why in a rush, its exactly 6 days towards the wedding” I raised my eyes at her.

“calm down Mario, that girl might change her mind after giving her the money, so to make sure she does as required I want you to sleep with her the days before the wedding and make sure she gets pregnant since she is ovulating right now, the chances are high that she could get pregnant” she explained full of excitement she sounded so off I wondered what she was really thinking.

“No, am not doing it, especially with her” I answered point blank and she stood up evidently let down.

“Why? And what do you mean especially not her?” she challenged me.

“Listen, that girl there is a sad soul, she is so serious and it seems she has issues, we cannot have her to give birth to our child Ketty come on. Let’s try to find someone else” I tried to get her to see my point not wanting to tell her I knew the girl.

For almost 20 minutes we argued and to make the matters worse, she wanted me to go and lay her that very evening. She told me she had paid her already and explained the girl used the money to pay for her mother`s surgery and she was now ready to start according to her, working.

“Oh God Ketty, this is insane” I sighed giving up arguing with her.

“Okey let’s get this over with my love it seems you will never let this go after all” I shrugged and she smiled.

“Good. Now stay here, no need for you to get to know each other, so am bringing her to you and you get to it” she announced and walked out before I could say another word. She came back a few minutes later and pushed the silent and scared Chisomo in the room and kissed my lips walking out she locked the door behind her like we would try to escape.

There was total silence between us after ketty left, she shouted she would come back later as she had to check on something In town. I wondered if she was playing some joke to try me but when the sound of the car was heard from outside and the gate opening and closing, I knew she was being serious.

Clearing my throat, I looked at Chisomo.

“Hey, am Mario” I introduced myself again feeling stupid. She didn’t move an inch she remained in the same position her face still down,

“Look here, am not comfortable too but we are here and my fiancé will not let this go” I spoke up.

“am sorry I didn’t tell her about our meeting at my mother`s place, things are complicated as they are already and am sure you both have agreed to keep this a secret. So how is your mother?”

She looked up at my face and the sadness in her eyes made me swallow hard.

“your wife gave me some money yesterday and today the doctors gave her an appointment for a surgery tomorrow morning, am not what you think I am, am just a woman desperate to save a mother`s life and I had to agree to what your wife offered weeks ago” she spoke almost in a whisper.

“Okey, so you met my wife to be weeks ago? Well, that is a relief I almost thought you met her the other day.”

All this time she remained standing and I could not get her to sit down beside me. How on earth was I going to sleep with a total stranger, a person I had no feelings for later on know her back ground.

She noticed I was not doing a thing to her but seemed she wanted to get over the thing already she started removing her blouse and before she could get it all out I stood up and went to her touching her hand to stop her.

“Stop” I ordered holding her hand she turned to look into my face.

“I want to go and see my mother and I have been paid for this, please be gentle with me I have never done this with any man before.” She whispered, that even made things worse as I could not get to break her innocence too.

“You mean, you are a virgin?” I asked still having her palm in mine. She nodded her head slowly.

“Promise not to hurt me so much... I, I” she almost cried out but I shut her pulling her to sit with me.

“Am not touching you today Chisomo. Am not doing it, don’t worry yourself about a thing cause I am not doing this with you” I assured her and she went down on her knees begging me,

“Please Sir, I cannot break the promise I made to your wife and if she finds out I didn’t do as told, she will not be pleased with me. I just want to save the life of my mother please, what is nine months of sacrifice as compared to the many years I could live with my dear mother. Please don`t push me away please I beg you. okey hurt me if you have to but let me do this” she cried begging me her tears were falling on my shoe I felt my heart break.

“How much does your mother need for surgery and all the costs?” I found myself asking

“30 thousand” she responded rubbing her hands together as she sobbed.

“What? K30 000, are you serious?”

“Yes” she responded.

“Ketty offered me more than that, she told me I would get 15 to start my mother`s surgery and later on I will get another 15, the remaining 40 she will give me after I deliver the child. So sir, please don’t push me away” Chisomo was now holding my knees.

“Oh my God, Ketty what is this?” I looked up the roof, if only I could afford such an amount of money I could have given the woman before me to get her mother well. But I was not as rich as Ketty was and I had no other way of helping the woman out.

“well, let’s talk about something then, since she said we will be meeting till the wedding day, we still have time ahead of us, I cannot do this today Chisomo am sorry” I told her lifting her and taking her down on the bed again.

She looked at me and back to the floor.

“She will know we lied to her and…”

“shshs” I stopped her and went to sit in the corner of the bed looking at her seated uncomfortably.

Later, ketty came back and we walked out with pretence we did what she wanted to.

“Well that wasn’t hard after, all was it?” she kissed me as we saw Chisomo out, she had given her money for a taxi outside.

I looked at her face and noticed she was hiding her pain of me being with another woman but was playing strong. I hated I was not telling her the truth about what happened but it was better she had her hopes up. It was clear she wanted it that way and I was to support her if that would make her happy.

I did not do it that day for sure but I knew we would not lie to Ketty for ever, the baby had to come and there was no other way but to do what she wanted.

To be continued
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 6:22pm On Jan 22, 2020
CRY FOR LOVE - PART 7

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty....

Closing back the door to the bedroom I had Mario and Chisomo locked up, I shouted i would go into town and rushed out to my car speeding off and stopping outside the gate crying loudly.

"What am I doing ?" I cried leaning my head on the steering wheel Feeling the pain of giving my fiancee to another woman. It was unbearable, I felt like going back Inside and telling them to stop.

The voice of his mother came to my head..

"I love my son Ketty and if it were up to me I could have chosen a woman for him. A woman who I know would take care of my son like I did. A Decent woman" she smiled. I knew why she was so cold with me. It was like me having money and being raised in a rich family was some kind of a curse.

I understood I never had the best parents in the world but I had learnt quiet a lot growing up. Especially with Sera's mother. Every time she would explain things to her daughter I would get some lessons and held them dear. I knew the value of respecting others, how to behave around people. She always talked about how blessed it was to do good. That everyone loves a person that shows kindness and love no matter what surrounds them, money would never buy happiness" she would say and I always respected her more than my own mother who never really had time to sit me down and tell me all those good things parents tell to their children.

Worse off, she ended up with Dad's best friend a few months after his death and I could not bear to see her anymore. The moment i turned 19 I stood my ground and chased my mother from the house. Well, it would sound bad but I had to. I could not stand her bringing her boyfriend in the house.

"Mom, you have over stayed in this house and since it is mine, i want you out" I told her, she giggled loudly her boyfriend seated next to her.

"Are you mad or something, Am your mother Ketty and I will not allow you to humiliate me like this. Come on, get out of my side before I spunk your silly face"she stood up angry.

"Am giving you tonight mom. Tommorow find your way out of my house " I raised my eyes at her and walked away she screamed my name calling me back.

Before I could stop, she yanked me back and slapped me across my face and I shook my head.

"You have just defined the end of your stay in this house mother. This very minute I want you out. Pack your things and leave. Dad was right, I should have never allowed you to stay in here the moment he died. Now get out or ..."

"Or What? " She spat holding her waist like a crazy person.

"Well, I got the money, I got the power to chase you out Mom, this is my house as you already know. From today onwards I will not have you around me. You and your silly boyfriend think you can have everything but you are so wrong. Dad left it all for me and I will not wait till you find a way of taking away everything. So am calling the cops to flush you out if I come back and find you here" I spoke coldly and walked out leaving her watching me. Am sure she was wondering if I was mad or something.

That was two days after I found out my father's supposed accident was planned by her and her boyfriend. I knew she thought I was not aware of her plans to get back all that my father left for me.

With the help of dad's lawyer, I knew my rights and how to keep myself safe from my mother's evil plans. I was determined to have her out and that night when I went back home, I found her still in the house and I called uncle Jacob, the lawyer who called the cops to come throw my mother out. .

"Are you really going to do this Ketty?" She asked me the cops waiting for her to move.

"You have never really been a mother to me so it's not going to be any different now, only this time I will not have to see the face of the person who killed my father and who himulates me with her bad behaviour all the time. Go on and live your life Mom, never come back to this house. Just get the car since my father got it for you. " I added seeing her off.

I had rushed back Inside crying myself to sleep. My life was never the same after dad passed on. Even as I studied, my heart was not at peace. I always found solace in writing and after my first book at 22 I made writing part of me and never went to work for anyone.

My father's businesses where running successfully, my cousin was helping me manage it and I had nothing to worry about.

All i wanted was to find a way of being happy but I could see no way with the past always crawling back to my life every time I would think of moving on.

Till the day I met Mario, I had not loved any person. My previous boyfriend was evidently a gold digger I had to let go of him.

My only hope was to have a marriage free of head ache so that I would not have to re-live my past life. I wanted to have a peaceful marriage and the talks of Mario's mother left me heart broken.

I could not tell her I was not able to get any children because I was raped as a young girl and my mother forced me to have an abortion that left some parts of my womb damaged.

"Have you heard what I just said?" Mario's mother looked at my lost face as we talked.

"Yes mother. That you hope am not the type who never wants to have kids cause then you will personally throw me out of your son's life" I narrated her words and she smiled nodding her head.

"Good. You are learning fast my dear. My son loves you and that is the only reason I accepted him to marry you. I heard about your mother and family from a friend of mine and since then I have never looked at you differently, prove me wrong and maybe i will some day." she added and I looked at her face.

She was right, initially she had liked me but after her search into my past, she learnt how badly my family ended and since then she had never looked at me the same. She thought I was a spoiled brat that inherited her father's wealthy and chased her mother way.

Back to the present...

Wiping my face, I calmed myself and started driving away from the gate. I had to leave the place before I could get myself to check what was going on inside between Chisomo and Mario, it was my doing but it doesn't mean I was not hurt by it.

"Ketty, my friend, why on earth are you punishing yourself like this?" Sera pulled me in an embrace when I told her what I left home.

"Its not too late to change tour mind you know" she insisted but I shook my head.

"I need that baby Sera. There is no other way. I love Mario and he is the only man that has loved me for me and not my Money. Just let me endure this and later all will be Well" I whispered trying to stay strong inside and not wanting to think through and imagine Mario with another woman.

After some time, I went back home and Mario walked out smiling at me.

"What? Done?" I asked him.

"Baby I.. I.."

"What? Don't tell me you didn't ..."

"Yeah it's done. Just the way you wanted it" he held my hand and I sighed.

He watched my face as though he could see I was hurting inside as we watched Chisomo leave. But I was not going to show misery after all the decision was mine.

"Baby, are you not taking a bath?" I asked him after we sat down in my bed him leaning his head on my laps.

"I don't think so. I had bathed before coming here why bother?" He smiled biting on the cucumber I had given him.

"You know, I thought you would wash off after...um. You.." I stammered failing to mention he made love to another woman.

"Oh yeah, That," he sighed like he had forgotten and I smiled at him.

"Go now and bath I prepare something for our dinner. You cannot sleep here, it's days before our wedding and I wouldn't want people talking bad about us" I shouted leaving him he shook his head.

"Tonight only baby come on!" He made a face.

"Nope, not today. Go and bath now Mario and stop being a child" I hit his chest and went back to the door.

The rest of the evening I kept stealing glances at him to check if anything had changed about him but he was the same man, he would look at me and smile. He would steal small kisses and say silly jokes as though nothing had happened earlier.

"Well, if that girl will have no impact on my man then am okey with her around" I thought to myself and smiled back at him.

"What?" He asked coming on to me and holding me pushing me to the door.

"Hmm. I love you and am sorry for pushing you to lay with another woman " I told him honestly.

"Can we not talk about that now?" He chuckled

"Sure. So what do we talk about then?" I looked at his soft eyes and he pulled me closer and kissed me, his grip around my body tightening.

"Baby you have to go now" I withdrew hating I had to push him away even when every fibre in my body wanted him so close. I could not have him after him being with Chisomo.

"But I want you today, it's been ages you know" he winced but I stood my ground. Kissed him good night and saw him off to the car outside.

"Will see you tomorrow morning for the final rehearsals " he waved me without saying a word.

The following day, I called Chisomo before going to check on the line up group. She told me her mother was in the surgery and I reminded her she had to meet with Mario again.

"Can't I come tommorow? The thing is I want to be with my mother after she is out and..."

"No, come today as agreed. You need to get pregnant and I will not have you make changes to our agreement. " I cut her short and hang up throwing my phone on the couch, Sera shook her head standing there waiting for me.

"Can we go now?" I looked at her

"Sure whatever you say love. By the way is Mario already there?" She asked me.

"Yeah that reminds me we need him today, let me just call and find out" I spoke walking out the door .

Mario's phone went unanswered the first time and later on his brother answered it.

"Sam why are picking your brother's phone? Where is He?"

"Am sorry, but Mario is with the doctor , my mother was involved in an accident and we just rushed her to the hospital.

"What? What happened to mother?" I panicked stopping myself from opening the car door.

"She was hit by the road side at home. She is badly injured Ketty" Sam explained.

"Oh my God! am on my way there" I shouted indicating for Sera to get in the car.

"What is going on?" She asked the moment I put the car into motion.

"Mario's mom had an accident. She was bashed by a car outside her house. Something like she was crossing the road. " I quickly explained and Sera gasped in shock.

"Oh God today of all days. We have 3 days towards the wedding. What now?" She uttered but I had no strength to answer her, my mind was where we were headed.

Read Episode 8 - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by DivineSpecial(f): 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
Chai Mario shouldn't leave Ketty for Chimoso ohh
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 3:14am On Jan 24, 2020
I just hope Ketty doesn't regret her decision of bringing Chisomo to Mario
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 5:56am On Jan 24, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2020
CRY FOR LOVE - PART 8

© Tisa Phiri

Mario.

“Doctor is she going to be okey?” I asked the doctor after seeing him coming from the ward were my mother was.

“Yes, she will be okey my dear. Your father is in there right now and I can tell you certainly that she will recover though it might take a little bit of time” he explained with a smile I felt relieved.

“Oh, thank God this is a relief” I told him honestly and watched him leave before I went to Join Sam seated on the bench.

“What did he say?” he asked me as I sat next to him.

“She will be fine though it might take time, her leg has a small crack and with her age, the doctor said it will take a bit of time for her to stand straight on her feet. Her wounds outside will heal faster though” I quickly narrated the explanation and he too sighed in relief.

“Well thank God. That bastard will hear from me, he was lucky I had concentrated on rushing mom here and I let the police get to him first, what is wrong with people, drinking this time of the day?” Sam spat angrily I patted his leg to calm him down.

“Don’t worry yourself too much, she will be okey.”

“By the way your girl called and I told her what happened to mom, she must be on her way here” he handed me the phone I grabbed it and before I could call back, I saw Ketty and Sera rushing to where we sat.

“Baby! Am so sorry, how is mom? What happened really? Is she going to be okey?” she asked one question after the other.

“Yes, yes baby, she will be okey. The doctors said she will recover eventually though she is still being observed for a couple of days or so to help her with the small crack on her knee bone.”

“My God! That is a relief, I was so sick worried, were is she now? Can we see her?” Ketty looked around stepping away from me.

“Yes you can go in now” My father is the one that responded walking from my back I turned to look at him.

“Go on and see her, she asked for you Mario and since Ketty is here too, she had mentioned your names.” My father shrugged and we wasted no time walking in to see mother. She lay there her eyes half closed and beamed up in a smile seeing me walk in which faded the moment Ketty walked up front following me.

“Hey mom, how are you feeling?” Ketty found her voice first and smiled at mom who shook her head.

“Am very much in pain, my legs hurts so much I cannot bear it. I don’t think you two will get married this Saturday. There is no way my son is marrying without my presence” my mother uttered without giving both of us a chance to say a thing.

“what?” was the first word that came from Ketty`s mouth and am sure she regretted it the moment she realized how my mother eyed her.

“am, sorry mom, but how can we cancel the wedding when all the things have been set, the venue, the cakes, the dance group and the food, let’s just say everything is in place. We cannot just cancel it” she tried to reason with her and I nodded my head to support her.

“She is right mother, the doctors said you will be okey, we will have someone push you even on a wheel chair for you to be present, it’s not a big deal you know” I added holding her hand and she pushed my hands away,

“You don’t care about me anymore Mario, am sick, I was hit by the drunkard fool and my legs are so much in pain I cannot even move. I have bruises all over my body and all you can think of is your stupid wedding? Go out of here then stop pretending you care for me! It’s alright my husband and son will take care of me you go on and get married whilst I rot in the hospital bed” my mother started crying her eyes filled up I felt guilty,

“Mom please, it’s not like that, you know I love you. Please don’t do this to me, please” I begged her sitting down beside her Ketty remained standing her face truly sad I felt bad my mother was pushing he too much.

“I have not stopped you from getting married Mario, all am asking is that you wait till am well enough to walk to your wedding, it’s a big day in my life and I need to be there in good health. I cannot guarantee I will walk in 3 days you know, but since you insist, go on and get married without me” she added and looked away.

I tried to talk her out of it but as stubbornness was her nature, she refused to bless me and let me get married. Ketty wiped her tears and walked closer to my mother I looked at her and held her hand to comfort her. The look in her eyes made me feel uncomfortable my mother was too harsh on her.

“Mom, am sorry that you are hurt, I know this will be a big loss on our part but we will postponed the wedding till you are well. I want to marry your son with your blessings and I cannot go against a mother`s wish.” She spoke and I stood up to her.

“No, baby come on we cannot cancel the wedding.” I shook my head but she shrugged dismissingly,

“We need her blessings baby and if what it takes is to wait till mom is fine, then its fine by me” she swallowed hard I saw she was almost crying,

“Thank you Ketty, I appreciate you understand my pain” my mother looked at her and back at me.

“Ketty can I talk to my mother alone?” I asked her and she walked out leaving us. I looked at my mother who was watching her leave and turned to look at me.

“What is going on mother?” I finally asked her seeing how pleased her face was.

“What do you mean? You cannot see am injured and needs healing?” she responded carelessly,

“You know what I mean mother, what is wrong with you? Why are you bent on hurting my fiancé? “I asked this time seriously.

“Look here Mario, that girl is a spoiled brat, she is rich and all but she is not good for you, haven’t you heard of how badly her family ended? You want the same for yourself huh?” my mother frowned.

“no, stop with that mother, I have known Ketty for over 2 years and she is nothing of what you say about her, she is a decent woman with morals, she does not boast about her wealthy and she is hard working. What is it now? All she has done since I introduced her to you is try to impress you even when you push her so hard” I lamented but by mother shook her head.

“you cannot see it because you are blinded by what you think is love, come on Mario, every person is something from her family and that girl’s true colors will one day come out. Just…”

“Enough mom, huh! Enough! what is this? Am going to marry Ketty on Saturday with or without your blessings, just get well soon am leaving now” I stood up and stormed out ignoring her call for me to go back in.

Ketty was standing outside besides her car the time I went out her friend close to her she was whispering something I could not clearly get.

“baby, am sorry about that back there, don’t mind her though, we are not going to wait for anyone, everything is set and the wedding is on this Saturday” I stood in front of her trying to loosen her hands which were folded to hold her.

“Mario, we cannot get married like this, no. your mother has spoken so we shall do as she wants I love you so much Yes, but if we have to live better lives together it’s important we have everyone on board with one heart for us to be together.” she cried her tears falling her cheeks I hugged her close.

“No baby, we are not ...”

“Enough, Mario please! We both know whatever your mother means to do will pass so just drop it, let’s call the people we can manage to get in touch with and inform them about the changes, we can try negotiate with the venue owners for a push up of dates and other things too” she added sniffing in her friend kept shaking her head.

“Mario, just drop it already, just try to sort this out the two of you and find the way forward” Sera looked at me.

“will see you later Ketty, let me get to the matron`s and tell her you will talk to her later and let the dancing guys go back.” she patted Ketty’s hand and walked away after Ketty nodded her head to agree with her.

We drove to her house our vehicles following each other. Sitting inside the house, we both were silent each one lost in thoughts.

“Baby am so sorry about...” I almost spoke but she raised her hand at me.

“it’s okey, we will start making calls this minute and see how we can push things forward” She spoke trying to sound okey but I knew she wasn’t.

An hour later we argued until we decided to push it forward by two months, the main reason was that the weeks after our set wedding date were all taken at the venue, so we decided to get the only free day after 2 months, of which we thought was okey since by then we assumed my mother would be well enough to attend.

I was disappointed with my own mother but I didn’t want to get married with people having different undesirable thoughts. I wanted all things well done and my father later on told me to hang on as mom wanted, he told me his effort to reason with her had failed and since that was my last hope, we all settled for another date.

“Thank you for understanding my Son, am sorry with how I reacted to your girlfriend but since you two love each other, am not going to stop your marriage only that I want to be there when my first born son gets married” My mother smiled that evening when I went to check on her.

“Mom, she is not my girlfriend, she is my fiancé, my wife to be and the minute you decide to look at her that way the better for all of us. “ I shook my head at her.

Read more episodes here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:08pm On Jan 25, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 9

© Tisa Phiri

CHISOMO.

The people moving about, some in a rush whilst others took their time, standing and checking out some items from the shop windows, others smiling as they tried on some second hand clothes as they assumed they looked good in their newly acquired clothing’s. My eyes went round analyzing the surrounding as I stood near the street in town lost in thoughts one would wonder what I was doing standing there by myself.

Well, for me everyone around looked okey, I had no idea what they had going on in their lives only that mine was actually a crooked road that I could not see directions clearly. I felt like I was on journey which I had no idea what the destination would be. My mother was still recovering in the ICU, I had no idea whether she would make it out and make my sacrifice worthy while, or she would die anyway, of which I would end up in a mess since now I was pregnant with a man I barely knew.

In my hands as I stood in the street was a piece of paper that was some evidence I was carrying a child that I had not even in my dreams dreamt of having at that moment in my life. I felt some hot liquid flow down my cheeks and I raised my left forefinger wiping it away.

“you don’t have to cry now Chisomo, this is not time for tears but time to face what lay ahead” I whispered inside myself and decided to cross the road without following the simple road crossing rule of looking right, left and right again before crossing.

The loud honking of the vehicle made me stop in the middle of the road I covered my ears I was so sure I was dying any second.

“What is going on with you woman? You want to kill yourself or something?’ the loud voice of a man made me realise I was still alive I looked at him my eyes wide open, he had to pat my hand to wake me up.

“Hey! Are you okey?” the man asked I nodded my head without saying a word to him.

“Well, you better watch were you are going or you will die before your time young lady” the man added and for the first time I took my chance to look at him. He was an elderly man who spoke so gently am sure he felt pity for me. My reaction was so confusing even to myself.

“Am sorry, I was not watching my steps and were am going” I managed to say at last and the man shrugged telling me it was okey.

Walking to the bus station, I got on a bus to Woodlands. I had to tell Ketty and her fiancé I was carrying their most wanted child. I sat in the middle seat of the small bus and looked out the window as the bus started moving. That moment I allowed myself to remember what had happened a month past.

Flash back…….

I was seated beside my mother`s bed in the hospital reading her the verses from the bible as she had requested when my phone rung.

“Hello!” I responded not really paying attention to the number calling.

“Chisomo, we need you today, tomorrow was bad I failed to call you over. There is a change of plans about the wedding but our deal still stands.” Ketty had told me.

“Yeah sure, I will be there” I whispered looking at my mother who narrowed her eyes trying to get what I was up to.

“Who was that?” she asked me and I sighed not wanting to spoil her mood by telling her it was Ketty. She had questioned where the money for her surgery had come from and I lied I borrowed it from a friend.

“never lie to me Chisomo, don’t tell me you got that woman`s deal for this money” she had asked in a sad tone.

“No mom, come on I didn’t. Now, I have to go something has come up and I mighty come back a little late. Your food is in that food warmer okey?” I rubbed her hand before leaving.

Getting to Ketty`s house, I found her alone crying laying down on her couch. She sat up and wiped her tears seeing me walk in.

“Am sorry, I didn’t mean to walk in like this but John told me I would find you here” I whispered standing there as she looked at my face I could see she was hurting, a photo of her father was laying their close to her.

“Its okey am just having some bad moments in my life, these are times when I miss my father so much” she sniffed in and patted the couch for me to sit next to her.

“Look here Chisomo, I know this is uncomfortable for you, I mean, what am asking you to do. But now more than ever, I need that baby, if am going to end up with Mario, then I need that baby Chisomo” she held my hand, squeezing it.

“Um, oh “ I murmured not really knowing what to tell her, her sadness was too evident.

“so I want you to go to Mario`s house, no” she paused,

“I will take you to him and you two will continue what you started, he is hurting too right now cause of what his mother has done and he will be easy to get down with you. So let’s go and do this” she stood up but I remained seated wanting to beg her to reconsider her plan,

“Ketty” I called her still seated.

“Yes, what is it?” she asked me and I kept quiet for some seconds.

“Hey, what is going on? Is your mother okey?” she asked me now turning to look at me.

“Um, yeah, I mean she is still in the hospital but there is hope for her at least. What I mean is that I don’t think I can do this, it’s not right and its hurting you... I thinks its best i….” I stopped, swallowing hard as her face went down.

“What do you mean you cannot do this, we had an agreement and now it is easy that the two of you already started this” she shook her head pulling me to sit down.

“Or what? You suddenly want to change your mind? Did Mario hurt you? Are you feeling okey? Are you scared, I can talk to him and make sure all is well” she spoke panic in her voice.

“No, actually we didn’t do anything the other day Ketty, we both could not get to do it” I finally told her seeing how the issue was affecting her.

“What? You played me for a fool huh? You and Mario didn’t do ….” She sighed deeply standing up.

“Now, listen to me Chisomo” she came back at me this time so angry

“am trying to be patient with you right now and I swear you are just getting on my last nerve and you don’t want to get me messed up right now, I have issues with my mother in law and the last thing i need is some games played on me. Now, I will pretend I didn’t hear that and right this minute, stand up and let’s get going. You are spending a night at Mario`s and if I have to, I will stay and watch till you two do what I want. I paid you and I need results” she stormed out and I watched her in silence as she went upstairs coming back a minute later with car keys.

Without a word I followed her and the drive to Kamwala south was silent. She kept looking ahead and I had no words to tell her, she was right to get mad at me, I had her money and even though my heart was screaming for me to do the right thing, I still had to pay for it all. The sight of her sadness prompted me the more to help her.

An hour later, I was seated in Mario`s bed looking down the floor. He too was standing by the window watching the vehicles pass by the road side.

Clearing my throat, I walked towards him and touched his shoulder.

“Am sorry Mario, I have no idea what is going on with you and Ketty but today we cannot lie to her, you both seem tense and I need to get back to my mother” I spoke softly. He kept looking out until finally he decided to face me.

“Chisomo, why are you doing this? “He asked now leaning his hand on my shoulder I felt my legs shiver with him that close.

“I need to help my mother I already told you that” I stammered but he lifted my face to look at him.

“No, why are you really here Chisomo, you could have let it be. Your mother, am sure would not allow this. I don’t mean bad but everyone dies at some point. So why are you here?” he asked me seriously.

“um, I know it’s hard for you to understand Mario, but for me my mother is all I have, my father and elder brother died in a road accident years ago when I was still a little girl, my mother had to suffer working her life off to get me where I am today, she gave up her life for me and I am just trying to return the favor. We have no relations I would run to for help and so I had to find a way myself. Another thing..” I paused looking at him to make sure he was getting me. It was the first time I was actually speaking it out.

“also, am doing this for love Mario, I heard a cry for love of a desperate woman. I saw that sad look in Ketty`s eyes and heard it in her voice as she asked me to give birth to a baby so she can have you. I am a woman and I know how hard it is to find true love in this life. Now that she has it, she is afraid she could lose everything. She is suffering just with the thought am with you right now, but she is willing to forego it all so that she makes you happy Mario, that is the reason I got in that car today and allowed myself to come over here and make her wishes come true.” I explained with tears in my eyes he sighed looking at me in a different way.

He looked away again.

“We have to do this for your woman Mario, we have to. “ I added and went to sit on the bed.

“My mother hates her Chisomo, she hates my fiancé just because her family didn’t work out, she hates her because she is a woman with wealthy, I swear I love that girl. She makes me happy and I love her, now we have to push forward the wedding ….” He went on explaining what was going on and I felt bad for them both.

“What a love story” I whispered in my mind.

Without warning he had come close to me and lifted me up. I didn’t expect it, but he kissed my lips so gently. Feeling him close made my insides go wild I wondered why I was feeling that, instead of being disgusted with him, I felt myself respond in a way I had not planned to.

“You are a good person and I am beginning to like you” he paused looking at me I kept my head down. That wasn’t the plan, I thought there won’t be talking or touching, all I had in mind was him getting on with it and get me pregnant without chit chats and close whispers.

“Are you okey?” he asked me his voice getting to my throat I swallowed hard.

“Um, am.. am scared” I told him honestly, only I wasn’t sure what I was scared of myself, either because he made me feel uneasy since he belonged to another or the fact that I was liking the idea of being so close to the man I barely knew.

“I know, I am too, but I guess its double scare for you who has never done this before” he smiled and I felt myself relax he curved his arms around me laying me down to the bed.

“I will try be gentle okey?” he looked into my eyes and I nodded.

Well, the rest of the minutes after were shockingly wonderful, it hurt a little bit but later on I forgot where I was, he made it so gentle I felt like a woman for the first time in my life. He kept looking into my eyes and smiling all the way, it was like I was being introduced to a whole new world and at the Moment my heart felt home, peaceful and full of hope. My body was filled with sensations I so much enjoyed.

“Did I hurt you?” he asked laying back down.

“A little at first but am okey” I whispered feeling shy.

He tilted my head and made me look into his face.

“Thank you” he whispered I noticed he did it with a smile. That night he made things worse insisting I spend a night since it was late. He assured me the first thing in the morning he was to take me to my mother at the hospital. I so much wanted to go sleep alone in the other room, but he insisted there was nothing more to be afraid of since we already had met. He came on to me again I understood his need as a man, or did I just want him too?

Well, whatever the reason, we made ourselves husband and wife for a night and it didn’t hurt as much as I imagined it would.

To be continued

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 10

© Tisa Phiri

Mario…

I was just knocking off from work, it being a Friday, I had plans with the guys, so I planned on getting home and change quickly before we could go out. I wanted to go with Ketty but she called me to say she had to finish the book she was working on. Knowing her, when she was buried in her computer, she barely moved till she accomplished her target.

“Afternoon Sir!” one of the staff sergeants greeted me as I passed him towards the car park. My Phone rung and when I noticed it was Ketty, I rushed to get into the vehicle so i could talk properly,

“He baby” I responded upon settling down.

“Hey, can you come over? Chisomo called me and she asked to meet us both here, it could be good news huh, we have not seen her in two weeks” she informed me and my heart raced at the mention of Chisomo`s name.

I had been with her a couple of times after Ketty practically made us make love the first time but not in an intimate way. It was never my intention to look at the woman in the way my heart had started and I hated I was being so soft. She was so calm, she spoke with so much passion and her desire to save others for me was just amazing.

The time we met next, I had followed her to the hospital. She had disappeared on us for a week and Ketty told me she was probably still feeling guilty about what happen,

“She will come around you know” she assured me, all I did was nod my head. I didn’t want to talk much about her, revealing to Ketty I enjoyed being with a strange woman the entire night, was not going to make things any better, so I let her assume I just did it in a rush and the two of us patted ways.

That evening I went to the hospital, not really knowing what to expect, I just found myself waiting outside, I didn’t have her line, nor did I ask about her mother`s name to find out the ward she was in, so stood outside the car park. I was there for almost an hour, when she suddenly walked out her arms folded around herself she looked exhausted.

In the moment I took time analyzing her and realized how beautiful she was. Her dark skin was so appealing I wouldn’t want her to change it a little bit, she was of medium height and in her chitenge wrapper I could see the nice curves. My eyes went up her face and now the darkness did me no favor as I could not see it clearly I was so far away.

I watched her for some time and saw her walk to the roadside carrying a small bag. When she stood by the road, I knew she was waiting for some sort of transport, so I started driving in her direction.

“Hey Chisomo!” I greeted her popping my head from the car window. She turned to look at me and looked right down.

“What do you want Mario?” she sighed

“How are you? And how is your mother today?” I asked instead ignoring her attitude.

“She is getting there, though the surgery has brought other issues in her body. Now what do you want? Did Ketty send you again, it’s just been a week and I cannot tell if am pregnant now” she shrugged like chasing me away.

“Where are you going? We can talk in the car and I can tell you why am here as we move” I smiled. She shook her head.

“Come on, get in, see there is a car behind me we cannot keep that man from passing” I insisted seeing her hesitate.

She came in and sat silently. I moved to fasten her seat belt and she looked at me surprised, I smiled so close her face.

“Seat belt” I chuckled and she pulled it round herself fastening it as she leaned back still uncomfortable.

“Where to?” I asked as I joined the road.

“Home, in Matero” she responded looking ahead without a blink.

“I already know that, just wanted to be sure we heading home, thought you wanted to spend the night at my place again, you um…”

“Mario, stop this now!” she cut me looking at my face and back at the road.

“What? What should I stop?” I teased with a smile

“That! Stop acting like we are in a relationship Mario, you are engaged to Ketty if I may remind you and I told you last time that night we spent together was a mistake, that was not part of the deal, the breakfast in bed, the whispers, the kisses, all that, whatever!” she raised her hands her voice now raised too.

“It was a mistake Mario” she added shaking her head.

“Oh, oh, don’t do that to me Chisomo, am not the one who brought this idea, and I should remind you too that I never planned for things to turn that way, it seemed the two of us are naturally attracted to each other and…”

“Enough!” she stopped me

“Say another word and am getting out of this car, besides am not and is never going to be attracted to you. You are just a man I slept with to get pregnant for your fiancé.” she yelled this time facing me I tried to smile but she was dead seriously.

“Well. Am sorry, I get it, no wonder you went silent on us after that day” I sighed increasing the speed as the road cleared ahead of us.

“Yes, I did my part and let’s just wait for that child, if am pregnant and the child comes, I give the baby to the two of you and you will never see me again. That is the deal” she emphasized the word deal and I could not say any more.

Upon reaching her house, I walked her out to the front door and she insisted I went back but I asked if she could hand me some water.

“Am thirsty Chisomo, I need water” I lied wanted to spend more time with her. There was something about her calling to my name and I tried to push my mind to ignore it but i ended up pulled towards her. Not that I was not happy with ketty, in fact, we had been okey after mom was out of the hospital the two of us would visit her. We could sit and laugh, do all the things normally and I wouldn’t say I loved her less, just that, that thing for Chisomo was coming on slowly and the more I decided to push it back, the more I recalled our night together, the warmth of her body, her small snores when she slept and the peace and calmness that surrounded her face as she slept. I wanted to be close to her and that past week was like a torture. I couldn’t get myself to forget her.

“What? Are you going to drink the water or you keep staring at the cup?” Chisomo asked me pulling me back to the moment.

“Yeah, sure” I sighed getting the water from her hands.

“It’s a small house “I stated not having anything else to say. After drinking the water.

“Thank you for pointing that out Mario” she raised her face at me and I stood up realizing it was an inappropriate comment.

“Am sorry, I didn’t mean it like that, it’s just that,” I stopped looking at her face as she waited for me to explain myself.

“I missed you” I finally said it and she pulled her hands back.

“Go home Mario, it’s getting late” she cleared her throat.

“But why? I want to be here” I spoke without thinking through my words and she shook her head.

“Asking me to sleep with you so you two can have a baby is torture enough, now you want to start playing your man games with me. Get out Mario! Just leave me alone” she spat getting upset.

‘You know that is not true, I have not intended to play any games with you. What happened between us was real, it was passionate and you cannot tell me I was playing my man games with you back then.”

“Leave then” she said indifferently.

“No, am not leaving so soon, tell me you have forgotten that night we had together, tell me you cannot remember a single thing and I will leave” I stood up

“You are being stubborn for nothing Mario, come on get going I need to rest.” she opened the door for me to leave but I pulled her back in an embrace I felt her gasp and stiffen in my arms.

She tried to push me away, but I made her look at my face and our eyes met, that moment I saw it, the small brightness in her middle eye that was shining so bright. I don’t know if I was imagining it, but it was there. She whispered my name asking me to leave her but I couldn’t let her go.

“What is wrong with you man?” I heard my inner voice warn me loudly but I ignored it. Slowly but with so much determination, I kissed her and she stayed there without doing a thing. For a couple of minutes I played around her partly opened lips and pulled back when she was not responding.

“I should get going “I sighed rubbing my eyes as she kept looking at me without a word.

“Yeah, that is right” she finally spoke and I walked out of the door pushing myself to the car outside. Sitting inside, I saw her watching me and drove away before I could get myself back in that house.

That was the last I heard and saw her. I decided to stay away and Ketty kept telling me she was okey and her mother was not yet fully recovered. I could not get myself to see her again even when I so much wanted to. I couldn’t just keep betraying my fiancé and the right thing to do was to keep myself away from Chisomo.

Now the call I have to face her again, made my throat dry with nervousness I felt like an idiot who couldn’t control his hormones. Putting the keys in the ignition, I drove to Ketty’s house.

“Here we are” Ketty smiled at me and Chisomo after I had arrived some time later. Chisomo looked at me and back at Ketty, I noticed she was avoiding my face but said nothing, she was seated across the couch, Ketty and I sat on the same couch she was holding my fingers.

“Am pregnant” she announced without warning, Ketty jumped up in excitement she was screaming her joy out. I on the other hand folded my arms not knowing what to do.

“What?’ I finally managed to say

“Mario, baby, she said she is pregnant. Isn’t that good news? Oh baby am so happy, thank you Chisomo” she went on to hug Chisomo who was silent watching her jubilation

“Mario?” Ketty gave me an eye I stood up faking a smile.

“Yeah, its great news baby. Finally you have achieved what you wanted” I smiled at her she jumped to kiss me and for some reason I pulled back faster than I intended looking down at Chisomo who had her eyes on us, she looked away the moment our eyes met.

“Well, come on, we plan the coming of our baby “Ketty sat excited she could not stop smiling. My eyes went to Chisomo who was evidently so emotional I could see her face clouded with sadness.

Read the complete story here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by millieademi: 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2020
Ann2012:
I just hope Ketty doesn't regret her decision of bringing Chisomo to Mario

Of course she'll regret it. Because whether she likes it or not, Chisomo will be the mother of Mario's children, not her.

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hmmmmmmm chisom
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 9:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
Congratulations ooo

Thanks for the update
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:17am On Jan 27, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 11

© Tisa Phiri

Chisomo……

I kept looking away as Ketty and Mario made out in front of me, she was super excited and kept kissing and holding Mario every time she took a break from cerebrating my pregnancy. In all honesty, I had never seen her that happy since the day I met her. She actually had a wide lovely smile, her face was beaming I knew she really wanted the baby.

“Chisomo, am so happy and so grateful you agreed to do this for us, I promise to keep the end of my bargain and you will get all the money you need. Right now am starting to put the baby`s room in order, I have pictures of what kind of room I would love for our baby” she danced about happily.

“Baby, don’t you think you are taking it too far, the pregnancy is only a few weeks old, let’s take it easy” Mario spoke his eyes on me and as was my trend I could feel myself avoid his gaze so I looked away.

I watched them as they argued and debated about the sex of the baby like I was not even there. Then it clicked, “That is all these people care about, the baby I was carrying and nothing more. I could feel I had no place around that house and even when I already knew that fact, it didn’t stop me from feeling bad. I felt my eyes fill up as I took in the thoughts of how my life would be.

“Um, excuse me, I got to go now, I just came to tell you both that” I stood up wiping the tear from my eyes, and Ketty came close worried I looked that way.

“Oh my God, Chisomo am so sorry my dear, I have been so much into celebrating this baby I forgot to inquire how you are feeling, how are you coping up with all this?” she asked and I knew she wasn’t being a hypocrite she was actually concerned about me.

Instead of responding to her, I started shedding tears,

“Am sorry” I sniffed in failing to hide my inner pain.

“Chisomo, Chichi, oh No am sorry love, are you feeling okey?” she hugged me so close I could feel her nice cologne. For a minute she held me in an embrace, though I could not see the face of Mario since I had my eyes closed, I could tell he was looking at me too.

“It’s okey, I understand, this is too much for you Chisomo, I, I “she stammered looking at my face.

“Am so grateful you are doing this huge sacrifice for us, I swear to God I will never forget it, the rest of my life I will owe it to you “Ketty pulled to sit us both down.

“am okey, it’s just that so much has happened of late and my mother`s condition is not that good. Am sorry for crying like a baby in your presence” I told her honestly.

“I understand. I do, and am sorry for your pain too. Listen, here is what we are going to do, you are pregnant now and you need extra care, since your mother is in the hospital and you stay alone, why not move in with me.” she smiled holding my hand.

“What? No “ I quickly responded.

“Why not, right Baby?, she can come over here, that way we will help her all the months till she gives birth. What do you say?” she looked at Mario who sighed deeply looking at me.

“Look Chisomo, you are part of this family now, you, Ketty and myself, are more than strangers, we are family now that the baby is on the way, so there is no problem, I for one would want you close” he paused am sure he was watching his words.

“I mean, for the sake of the baby too” he quickly added and Ketty nodded her head to agree with him.

I was left to think over what they had suggested and I told them I would call and tell them my decision after talking to my mother. Ketty even suggested it was good that my mother came over too when she was discharged to avoid me having to worry about her. She was of the idea, that a maid would be hired to take care of us both till I gave birth to the baby.

“What have you done, Chisomo?” my mother whispered painfully after I told her the entire truth.

“Am sorry, I had to mom, you were dying and I had to do something, don’t worry I will have the baby and give it to them, then the two of us will move on with our lives” I told her but she shook her head sadly.

“Stop talking nonsense my child, there is no mother in this world that would let go of their child just like that. The moment you see the baby you will never want to let it go. Stop lying to yourself child, this is not going to give you what you are looking for, it will only bring you pain, regrets and misery so much you will not live at peace with yourself” she had warned and looked away sadly.

I sat there beside her bed rewinding every word she told me. my heart was heavy with pain already and even though I wanted to act things were okey, I knew there was truth in my mother`s words. I started remembering the good old days when she was strong and healthy, how much she talked about me finding happiness, my mother was born in a family of 5 and apparently she was the only surviving child of her parents. Some of the children to her elder brothers and sister were alive somewhere but in my growing I never met many of them, the few that I met were not that friendly and never valued external family, so it was always my mother and I since Daddy and my kid brother died in an accident.

“What a cruel world” I thought to myself wiping the tears from my face. My mother turned to look at me and her last words marked my heart. She said,

“You should have let God take control of my life and yours Chisomo, now you have sacrificed yourself for nothing, for you will not live to see my face any longer. I hope that one day, you will find peace in your life my child and that baby you are carrying there, even if not brought in a right manner, may it be the one to help you find yourself and true happiness” my mother whispered her last words. I was there sobbing as the words pricked my heart when she closed her eyes and peacefully went silent. At first I thought she was asleep but then seeing how stiff she had become, I tried to shake her but nothing, her chest movements had stopped and by the time the doctors came in to confirm her death, I was so let down and broken.

“What have I done?” was the question I kept asking myself as the world around me went into slow motion, all I could remember was that I called Ketty and announced my mother was no more. I don’t recall any other thing after that as I found myself, laying flat on a wide bed in Ketty`s room. I looked around and Mario was standing there watching me in silence.

“Hey, finally” he smiled weakly walking towards me.

“How long have I been here?” I asked him.

“About 2 hours, you were in some kind of shock and Ketty and I decided to bring you here. Am sorry about your mother Chisomo, I truly am, I wish with all I got she had gotten better especially after what you have sacrificed for her. Don’t worry am here for you, am not letting you go through pain alone, if you need anything just let me know” he sighed sitting close by holding my hands.

He went on to tell me they would take care of my mother`s funeral and all burial arrangements and they kept their promise. The few people that showed up at the funeral helped me mourn my mother till we buried her.

Two months later………………

I woke up feeling dizzy, the effects of the pregnancy was really getting to me. looking around, what had become my room, I found a bunch of fresh flowers on my table and I smiled, I knew Ketty loved flowers and always asked the maid to get some in her room and now mine every morning, according to her, flowers had a way of brightening one`s day.

However, that morning the flowers were not as they used to be, it was a huge bunch nicely wrapped and decorated I stood up and went to hold them smelling them. Sadly, the moment their scent got to my nose I felt my nausea increase I rushed to the bathroom to puke.

“Oh my God, are you okey?” I heard a familiar voice I wondered what he was doing there at that time of the day.

“Are you okey?” he asked again as I walked out of the bathroom breathing heavily.

“No, actually am not, I cannot stand the scent of these flowers” I responded going to sit on the bed. He came and sat close to me.

“Am sorry, I didn’t know this would happen, I couldn’t have brought them” he apologized.

“Well, what is the occasion? Is it my birthday or something?” I asked surprised he got me flowers.

“Why, a man cannot get flowers for a woman he cares for?” he asked with that warm smile I quickly looked away.

“Hm, not in my world, I see such things in movies where a man gets flowers for the fiancé or wife or girlfriend. But am none of those so?” I shrugged moving up the bed I felt weak after vomiting.

“Why do you always do that?” he asked me.

“Do what?” I narrowed my eyes not really getting what he was talking about. It was evident I had avoided being close to him and I never wanted to find myself alone with him. One of the reasons, was I never wanted Ketty to feel bad or uncomfortable, she had been so good and supportive to me. the other, was that my body had started betraying me and I tried to stay away from him lest I get myself to do what I dared not to.

“Why do you always push me away?” he finally asked

“I don’t” I shook my head.

“By the way, where is Ketty and why are you here this early?” I asked changing the subject.

“You have forgotten? “ he asked

“What? oh no!” I winced realizing what he meant.

“The book thing” I smiled

“Yeah, she is going to launch her book, the tour is starting today and she will not be back home until after a week. Since we still have a couple of weeks before the wedding, she said she will manage her tour. She has all the nine provinces of Zambia to go to before coming back.” he explained what I already knew only I hated that their wedding date was pushed further due to reasons I never wanted to ask.

“And, to answer your question, she asked that I watch you and take care of you in her absence. So here I am” he raised his hands chuckling loudly.

“no, am not a baby Mario, am a woman and am not sick, so you can rest easy, besides, we have a maid to help here I will not be doing anything to stress myself as you two call it.” I told him.

“Well, you know her, she wouldn’t stop when she aims at something and there was no way I would say no to her, so here I am. Besides, I need to spend time with the mother to my baby too, you need me” he smiled passionately I could see that same look I used to avoid.

Clearing my throat, I asked for him to leave me so I could dress up since I was still in a night gown, he told me he was going to prepare breakfast for me and would be back when I was done. At first I thought he was joking but when he came back, he surely had made breakfast, with lemon tea just the way I wanted it,

“You didn’t have to do this you know that” I told him my mouth full.

“I had to, I missed being this close to you.” He started and I shook my head murmuring to stop him from talking.

“I love you Chisomo” he straight away spit it out without warning, I spat my tea chocking.

“What? Are you mad?” I placed the cup of tea on the tray and looked at his face.

“Yes, I might be, how else will I explain the feelings I have for you? I love you I cannot help it anymore, I had to tell you” he added now closing in to me I stood up abruptly like I was burnt.

“Enough! now leave me alone!” I raised my voice at him.

“am not sorry for this, hate me and call me names, ignore me all you want but it’s true, I love you” he insisted before leaving the room and I watched him walk way my legs weak I slid my body on the bed sighing deeply before leaning my face in my palms.

“My God, this man will kill me” I whispered to myself

Read the remaining episodes here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by millieademi: 10:37am On Jan 27, 2020
Akara tu s'epo.

Ketty, has it not ended for you now?

Mario, your head, I swear is not correct. Though, I can't blame you.

Chisomo, think with your head and not your heart. True love isn't defined by sex and giving a man a child. Think outside the picture. If he cheats on Ketty with you, what's to say he won't cheat on you with someone else?

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 10:33pm On Jan 28, 2020
Fire go soon start to they burn for mountain

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Ann2012(f): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
skubido:
Fire go soon start to they burn for mountain

Thanks for the update

Big big fire
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 11:16am On Jan 30, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 12

© Tisa Phiri

Mario.

My mother looked at me and smiled,

“What is making you so happy mom, is the fact that my wedding day is pushed further or that you are hoping I and Ketty are no longer together?” I asked her. She shook her head and sighed siting up.

“come to think of it my son, every time your wedding comes closer something comes up and its pushed further, first it was my accident, then the priest to officiate your marriage goes out of town, hmm don’t you think that is a sign?” she giggled

“Mom it’s not funny, if only you had not insisted on pushing the wedding, all this could have not happened” I looked at her.

“Don’t start Mario, just tell me how you are doing, it’s been long. Your brother told me you have practically moved in with your girlfriend. Isn’t that too early? Can’t you guys wait for the wedding?” she let a laugh teasing me.

“it’s not like that mom, it’s that we need to take care of Chi…” I paused before I could spill the news about Chisomo.

“Forget it mom, Sam is not saying the truth, I always go home, its just that we have a lot to do for the wedding and …”

“Shut up! Stop lying to me Mario” my mother cut me short.

“hey Mario, you are here?” I was relieved my chat with mom was cut short. my father walked in and sat near mom, I liked my father`s company because we talked about other things apart from marriage staff. He and I had been good together but not as close as he was with Sam, I liked the way he spoke about things, he really cared less what I was doing provided I was doing things in a morally good way.

“So how is Ketty?” he asked me after inquiring about work.

“She is fine though she is out of town, she went on some tour, she has to launch her book” I responded with a smile,

“Well, that is good, she really is good huh?” dad nodded his head at me.

“She is pretty good dad, I have read one of her books and she is good, unfortunately am not so much of a reader so I guess I have not tried to read another one. She loves writing and I will try support her”

“Hm, a woman moving about towns for a week and you to say she is marriage material” my mother chirped in sarcastically. I just looked at her and back at dad.

“I should get going now, I just came to check on you guys.” I stood up.

Passing through a mall I picked up some fruits and other food stuffs with Chisomo in mind, it was a day after I told her I was in love with her and she clearly gave me no reason to believe she felt the same for me.

“I don’t know what to do man, this girl is driving me crazy” I told my friend, the husband to Sera, who was too best friends with Ketty. He looked at me and shook his head.

“The moment I heard what you guys are organizing I knew trouble was on its way my man. I mean, how can you?”

“hey, don’t put this on me man, it wasn’t my idea, you know how much I tried to shoot down this Ketty`s thinking but she wouldn’t listen to me. Now I cannot stop thinking about Chisomo man, she makes me feel, how can I put it?” I stood holding the trolley I was pushing still.

“she makes me feel like myself, I mean, it’s like I feel I could tell her anything you know, I don’t act like someone I am not, she never lets me down with whatever she says, she always says the right things and I cannot forget her soft body, i…”

“Oho woo! Man slow down” my friend stopped me.

“Don’t tell me you no longer love Ketty Mario, she is your girl and you guys are over the moon for each other, what? You have suddenly lost interest in the woman you are getting married to in a few weeks?” he asked.

“No, I love Ketty man”

“Hmm, you love her, you are just from fantasizing about another girl and you say you love her? Are you okey?”

“um, am confused man, honestly, Ketty is my woman, she understands me, we have a good relationship for years and have come a long way, she is mine and I know am marrying her in a few weeks as you put it but, I don’t know . I cannot stop my heart from feeling this warmth towards Chisomo” I told him honestly.

He looked at me and sighed, went on telling me I had to make a choice, and he insisted I stuck with the woman I was getting married to. He was right, I felt I had to make that decision as fast as possible before I hurt ketty of even Chisomo, they both were amazing women and I wanted to see them both happy.

That day as I drove to Ketty`s I received a call from Ketty telling I had to go check on Chisomo.

“Am on my way there baby don’t worry, how is the trip going there?” I asked to avoid further discussion about Chisomo lest let myself say what I never intended to say. She just reminded me I was to take Chisomo to see the doctor.

Chisomo was seated in the couch watching some movie the time I got there. She was clad in a wrapper and a sleeveless body top. I stood there watching her, she smiled as she watched.

“Wow, how amazing, she has a sweat smile” I thought to myself leaning my head on the door not wanting to interrupt her. She giggled at some scene and I smiled too. Clearing my throat, she quickly turned to look at me and sunk back in the couch.

“Hey” I greeted her going to sit near her but she moved to the edge.

“Mario, what are you doing here? “She responded instead

“I came to check on you Chisomo, besides, Ketty told me you are supposed to be checked by her doctor today and I thought I could come take you” I explained.

“Well, I don’t feel sick am okey, I don’t need to see a doctor” Chisomo spoke almost in a whisper.

“We will still go Chisomo, you know what I mean, you are not sick but you are pregnant, your appointment day is due and we will have to go and do likewise” I insisted, she looked at me and stood up.

“Well, let me change then” she walked on and I watched her admiring her every part of the body. I rebuked myself to behave.

That day when the ultra sound was done on her, I could see her smile when the doctor showed her the screen for the baby`s heartbeat, she looked so excited for the first time since she had that pregnancy and I couldn’t help feel good with her.

“That is the baby Mario, you see it? “she giggled looking at me.

“Yeah, it is, so heart taking I would say. So doctor is everything okey” I asked nervously.

“Yes, everything is fine my dear, the baby is coming up well and the mother too. Tell Ketty her sister is doing well” he added as we left his office.

The way back to Ketty`s was filled with chit chats, it was like the news of that baby had brightened up Chisomo`s heart and she talked more that day.

“Well I never knew I would feel like this” she confessed the moment we got to the house.

“Me neither, am so excited.” I responded as a matter of fact, we laughed softly, unconsciously I held her hand as we went sitting she looked at my face.

“Chisomo i…”

“Well, let’s make something to eat am hungry now” she tried to stand up but I held her back.

“Wait please” I begged without taking my eyes off her face.

“Don’t start Mario please, you…..”

Without hesitation i pulled her close to myself and kissed her gently. She tried to stand back but I wasn’t letting her go that moment. After a couple of minutes with her in a dilemma, she held on to my back I smiled in my heart as her hands wrapped around me.

Excited, I lifted her up and walked to the room she was sleeping in. she pulled back trying to say something but I could not let her. In her eyes I could see her passion and desire for me. She was fighting so hard to keep away but her body just like mine was betraying her for sure.

“Stop fighting it, I feel the same too. I love you” I whispered rubbing her fore head as I lay flat on her. Her soft breaths touching me and making my head clouded with emotions I could not explain. I felt belonging being so close to her.

“This is wrong Mario, we got to stop before things blow out of proportion” she whispered

“it’s too late, am already out of proportion now, I can’t, I missed you Chisomo, I cannot stop thinking about you, I want you to myself and I know am being selfish but what can I do?”

“Stop coming on to me like this Mario, don’t make my life harder than it is already” she started crying.

“I have nothing, my mother is gone and the only thing that is keeping me here is this baby am carrying, the moment the child is born I will be gone and you will be married to Ketty, so please stop torturing me with your love talks, stop looking at me the way you do and let me be” she was now crying looking at me. I wiped away her tears.

“Don’t do this Chisomo please, I want you” I whispered

“What about Ketty? “She asked sniffing in her tears.

“I, I don’t know, I …” I struggled to say a thing. I knew I was being unfair but I was not willing to let her go either, she was like a magnet that was pulling me close every time I wanted to stay away from her.

“Let go of me Mario, enough okey? You and I both know you will never be with me so why are you doing this?” she managed to push me away and stood by the window crying. I hated she was in pain and I needed to help her feel okey.

Slowly I moved to her back and hugged her from behind.

“Stop crying Chisomo, you are making me feel bad, I cannot have you cry, please stop”

“Do you still love Ketty?” she asked unexpectedly

“I love her yes and….” I responded not letting go of her.

“Then why are you standing here with me Mario?” this time she was facing me.

“I don’t know, I really don’t know Chisomo. Am I a bad person for loving two women? I love you both in different ways… ketty is my best friend we are great together, we understand each other and are so passionate and I love her, then there is you, you are like a fresh breeze, you make me feel myself and at peace, I love you at the same time I love her “

“Go on and leave Mario, it is evident you don’t love me as you think, maybe you pity me and that is all, but not to worry, am going to be okey. Am going to survive this and before you know it I will be gone. So leave already and please never talk to me about love or anything else, stop getting so close to me, concentrate on your marriage to Ketty and forget about me.” she empathized her points whilst pushing back her tears I could see her struggle.

“No, I…” I almost went close but she held her hand at me.

“Don’t come any close Mario, please. I have to rest now I feel tired” she shook her head as I tried to say another word. She went on and stood close to the window her eyes outside and I knew she was being serious, painfully I walked out and left the house.

“Chisomo, why are you pushing me away, I can see it in your eyes you feel something for me. What do I do now, my God what is happening to me?” I talked to myself as I headed home.

I was in a dilemma I had no idea what I was going to do, I felt my mind was so much confused I went to the Mess to have a couple of beers trying to get my thoughts off what was happening.

Read more here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 2:19pm On Feb 01, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 13

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty…

I was so excited I was getting back home after a long week touring the country. I could not get my manager to adjust the tour so I had to go by his plan and he was right, at the end of it all we had made a lot of money selling copies of the book. I successfully signed an agreement with some movie publishing director who was interested in running my story and I was super excited.

One thing that fulfilled my heart was my passion to write. In that, I had the entire world to myself, I would go to the ends of the world, explore the best places in the world, eat the best foods and experience the greatest true love just in my imagination and I just loved the satisfaction writing gave me.

I was making a happy dance in my head as I opened the car door to walk inside when John came around looking at me nervously.

“John, are you okey?” I asked him seeing how he was looking.

“Yes madam, nilibwino. Welcome back” he smiled his silly smile.

“What now?” I asked him as he stopped to look at me after pulling the bag off the car.

“um, madam there is…” he could not finish his sentence and my mother emerged from the house elegantly dressed in a classy long black dress and silver heels on her feet she stepped forward like she was on a modeling contest and I clicked my tongue irritated about her showing up at my house. I hated my mother`s shameless acts and she knew of that fact but her mission was always to make sure she threw whatever I hated about her in my face.

“Well, well, the Queen of the house is back! You look tired and old Ketty” she smiled closing in I felt like pushing her off her heels, I swear I thought it more than once before clearing my throat.

“What are you doing here?” I asked ignoring her stupid smile.

“What I want? Won’t you at least say hi to your mother?” she smiled widely. Even though she was playing all young and diva, my mother was ageing and only she could not see that her actions and way of dress was not matching her trying to be young.

“Hi mom! Now what do you want?” I asked walking past her heading in the house.

“I missed you” she let a soft laugh.

“Hmm” I scoffed with a fake smile.

“the past 10 years of my life I have learnt that you only remember me when you are out on money or you have something bad that you want to throw in my face, or better still, to educate me on how to grab husbands and kill the men in your life” I told her sarcastically. She sat in a couch comfortably it was like my words just passed across her ears and never got to her even a little bit.

“When you are done bickering sit down I want to talk to you about your fiancé” she spat

“My fiancée? I asked

“Yes, I heard you two have pushed the wedding further twice now, who the hell postpones a wedding when everything is in place? “She chuckled teasingly.

“That my dear mother is none of your business. Tell me why you are truly here and leave already, am tired. By the way” I paused looking around I just realized I had not seen Chisomo yet.

“Hmmm what now?” she made a face at me.

“Where is the lady, my friend who was in…”

“She left with your so called Fiancée, I found her laying down in your spare bedroom and I asked what the heck she was doing here since I don’t recall her among your friends. I don’t know what games you are playing but that girl called your fiancé and they left the house about an hour ago” my mother said it with satisfaction.

“You know what? You are evil. If am not Mistaken you gave hell to that poor soul dear mother, anyway, who she is or why we have her here is not your business. Just tell me why you really are here” I shrugged still standing.

“Hmmm am here because I was told, no, “she smiled

“I know that that fiancé of yours is a good for nothing Gold digger. I know he has another woman with him. All he wants is to milk you of your money and marry another” she looked at me

“Okey” I smiled sitting down knowing it was one of her scams to get me upset I swore I would not give her the satisfaction.

“Okey? That is all you will say?” she raised her eyes surprised.

“What do you want mom, please” I shook my head sitting back.

“Well, if you want to know, the girl he is seeing is pregnant too. I was told he took her to the hospital and people saw them together there. You know I get what I want and I got the info the girl is pregnant over 2 months. So my dear, I may not be the best mom in the world but I care about you. There is no other reason why your marriage is not taking off, it’s that woman” she explained and sat back I could see her pride. She obviously felt good she had succeeded in making me get mad or heartbroken. She kept looking at my gestures to see my reaction. For a couple of minutes I was silent. Knowing so well it was Chisomo that Mario had taken to the hospital and who ever told mom was obviously working at the hospital and had access to the patience`s medical records.

Instead of saying a thing, I burst out laughing at how pathetic she looked. She was offloading what she thought was a boom on me meanwhile I knew it all.

“What? Are you okey?” she asked finally when I paused from the laughter. I was so much laughing at how stupid she looked she stood up shocked.

“Mom, oh mother, I like your action you know. Well, so be it if Mario is with another woman, so be it. By the way do you know who this woman is?” I asked to see if she was able to tell the person in her story was Chisomo since she had found her home.

“Not yet, but I will find out and soon, you will be crying instead of laughing at me like this” my mother was now upset I felt proud too.

‘Hmm, good, was that all mother? The thing is I need to rest, you see some of us work hard to earn money, we do not wait to grab a man for his money and kill him after we get what we need” I teased smiling at her she slapped me before I could say more.

“Don’t you dare insult me Ketty, I will….”

“What?” I stood up angry at her now.

“One day, just one day, you will swallow your words Ketty. “She pointed her finger at me and I smiled teasingly.

“I hate you, you know that? You are the reason I don’t even pray anymore, I have not prayed in years since dad died because every time I want to, I end up seeing your face and I stop. You have destroyed my life and now there is no place in my heart for you. Am barren because you could not bare me carry a child, a product of rape as you called it. Your so-called nephew raped me and you cared less about my pain and what I was going through, all you needed was your good name, I bet you are happy I cannot have kids. I hate you for that too, so much that I curse you every time i remember what you me go through. Leave me alone already. I send you money every month from the company so you have no reason to snoop around my house. Just leave me alone will you?” I whispered my last words getting close to her she was eyeing me so silent.

She sighed nodding her head and started walking towards the door.

“Ketty, am your mother and no matter what I did, I don’t deserve this”

“Yes you do mother, who the hell kills her husband by poisoning his beer and leaves him to die in his car? Who on earth as a normal mother grabs her friend`s marriage, a man who used to be best friends with her husband months after his death, what kind of mother calls her own child a rat and plots to grab back the inheritance left my her father, you know what? Just the thoughts of what you have done make me so angry I don’t trust my actions towards you, so please, I beg you to Stay away from my life. Stay the heck away! You hear!” I yelled the more I could see the maids startling as they were hiding in a corner watching I was too mad to say anything to them.

My mother wiped a tear from her eyes and stepped backwards. She opened the door, gave me a last look and walked away without a word.

“I hate her, err!” I gnarled angrily sitting back down and crying myself to relieve the pain I was now feeling. Her presence was always enough to get me in a bad mood. Now I was no longer making happy dances. I called the maid to give me water and drunk the cup furiously throwing it to the wall it broke in pieces the maid jumped startled.

“Get me my phone!” I screamed at her she rushed to grab my bag and took out my phone rushing out quickly.

“And you!” I stopped her before she could leave.

“Yes mam” she paused

“Next time any of you allows that woman in this house, you will be fired, have I made myself clear?” I asked her holding my phone.

“Yes mom, it’s just that she…”

“Did you hear me or not?” I asked her before she could explain herself.

“Yes madam, sorry” she responded and rushed out almost immediately.

“Where the hell have you both gone to? Am back home!” I yelled in the phone the moment Mario picked it.

“Baby are you okey?” he asked and I realized I just burst my anger on him.

“Oh, My God. Am sorry Mario, just that I found my mother home and you know how she is. Are you with Chisomo?” I calmed down hearing his voice.

“Yeah, she called me that your mother had given her a tough time, I had to get her out before she got to know what is going on” he explained

“Yeah, that was okey Baby you did well, she already has a story running I will tell you when you come. Come back both of you I miss you” I told him pulling off the shoes from my feet.

“yeah, we are coming right away don’t worry and stop being mad okey?’ I could hear him sigh.

“Am sorry baby, am okey now, just come soon alright?” I smiled as I hang the call.

To be continued
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 2:20pm On Feb 01, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 14

© Tisa Phiri

Ketty.

Seeing Chisomo and Mario walk in I felt all my anger less and less, I smiled and Mario came to hug me though indifferently, I could feel it was not the same passionate hug he used to give me but I brushed the thought of knowing I was probably tired and was deducing things wrongly.

Chisomo didn’t sit around much after I greeted her, she excused herself and left to the room.

“My love, is she okey?” I asked Mario leaning on him. He sighed deeply his muscle movement making me move up and down.

“What?” I asked seeing he was avoiding my eyes at the moment.

“Nothing baby, it’s just that Chisomo has been distant the past week, I barely came to see her because she wouldn’t allow me. She looks sad Ketty, am worried because she needs to be okey for the baby. She only called after your mother gave her a hard time” Mario explained sadly, for some reason I couldn’t explain, I noticed he was sad too, he seemed lost even his words seemed random like he was just picking them without really saying everything that was in his heart.

“Look, baby, its okey for a pregnant woman to feel low and sad sometimes, I have researched so much about pregnancies’. My mother`s coming obviously got her upset too but that was before and she told me she understood her. Besides, remember how we got her pregnant, I know this is a bit too much for her no wonder I wanted her around so we both could take care of her. What matters now is that she and the baby are healthy” I stated to him. Mario only shrugged without saying anything and the rest of the time we spent together he kept his end of the conversation short, he would respond with one answer and sometimes only nod without a word.

“Could the issue of Chisomo affect him so much?” I asked myself.

That evening I suggested we went out for some dinner the three of us.

“We can talk about the baby and lighten up the moment for Chisomo” I tried to convince Mario who argued it was not a good idea.

“So, Chisomo, how are you really feeling?” I asked as we ate our food to break the silence between the three of us.

“Um, “ she cleared her throat and looked at me and back in her plate,

“am feeling okey, don’t worry. The doctor told us the baby is okey and that is good news right?” she made her relaxed face and went on eating I looked at Mario and he was eyeing her too.

“Chisomo, I know its good news but trust me I want to know about you as well, I mean are you really okey? Do you feel okey emotionally, physically and all, am just concerned about you” I held her finger across the table and she looked at me. Smiling a bit.

“thank you, am okey yes, the thing is I feel lonely staying with you guys and I was hoping I went to do something for myself, I went up to grade 12 yes, but I can do some small less stressing business as we wait for the baby” she told us both but her eyes were just on me.

“What? You want to leave the house? “ I asked surprised at her decision

“Is there anything wrong the two of us have done to make you feel like leaving Chisomo? You know we need you close “I shook my head not wanting to entertain her idea.

“I will be coming to see you guys regularly and you too can be coming, please let me leave” she insisted and to my shock Mario cut in sharply.

“No!” his voice was so firm and commanding like he was afraid of her going or maybe hated her for the suggestion in could not tell for sure.

“Baby, are you okey?” I asked him seeing he was looking at Chisomo without a blink.

“um, yes. I am baby, just that I don’t want my baby to be anywhere far away, I need her around Ketty, we cannot let Chisomo go just like that, she will be all alone and anything can happen , no, tell her she is not going anywhere” Mario`s voice was sharp I for a moment wondered what was going on. he sounded different and mad too.

At that Chisomo seemed upset and she stood up asking for us to take her back to the house.

“But we are still eating and …” I almost stopped her but she stood her ground.

“am sorry, I feel tired and I cannot stay out here anymore, if you can take me back and come back later the two of you” she insisted refusing to sit back.

The driving back home was filled with tension I was afraid to ask what had really happened to them both after I left them. Mario`s face was out the window as I was driving them. I looked in the mirror and saw Chisomo silently seated her eyes closed as she leaned her head on the car seat.

Back at home, she asked to go and rest and of course I had no objection, I let her go and Mario too walked out after refusing to explain to me what had happened after I left.

That evening I entered Chisomo`s room and sat there silently watching her. She too didn’t say a thing she just waited for me to say something.

“What happened back at the restaurant, don’t tell me it was mom cause we already talked about her and you know she won’t be bothering you again. So what?” I asked her finally.

“What? You guys refused to let me go, that is what happened “ she sighed and moved her hand under her head looking at the screen playing some pictures across the room.

“Tell me the truth Chisomo, did you have a quarrel with Mario whilst I was gone? Did he say something out of way or maybe it’s something he did” I pulled her hand in mine and rubbed it gently.

“Am sorry Ketty, I cannot tell you anything of such sort because there was nothing. I only want…” she paused

“How did you meet with Mario? I mean what kind of relationship you have together” she asked this time with a chuckle.

“Well, we are a normal couple, we fight sometimes but over time we have come to understand each other so well, even the issue of the wedding is just to formalize things no wonder am not so much bothered about it. Mario is my man and I know anywhere in the world he would stand with me. it’s amazing how his mother has failed to break us apart after several years of trying, you know why? Because Mario is a good man and he keeps his promises” I explained to her after giving her history of how we met and she smiled I noticed there was some wetness in her eyes she looked away and wiped it.

“Wow, I truly am happy for you, you two sound perfect together and I hope one day you will be fulfilled and live happily ever after” she commented with a smile.

“Chisomo, look here, one day I believe you too will find that man that will love you for you. You will see, there is a Mario out there for you too, he is waiting for you to show up and love him back” I told her chuckling loudly I felt good we had both eased up.

“A what?” she asked, I knew she could not read the phrasing where I mentioned Mario.

“I mean, there is a good man like Mario out there for you Chisomo” I laughed and she smiled looking at me.

“Well, we good right? No more moving out on us?” I shrugged

“Hmm, am not sure, will think about it, cause honestly I think that is what is right for all of us” she uttered her words but I was okey she had brightened up I didn’t want to ask what she meant, lets I sour her mood again.

A week later, I went to see Sera and her family. I had not had time to see her that week as I had to go to the company and follow up the happenings of the business. My cousin had called me to ask that we both went for the review of the business activities, I was glad everything seemed well. I had nothing to worry about.

“So how is the baby coming up?” Sera asked me as we sat outside under a small mango tree.

“Well, it’s all good, the pregnancy is now into the 10th week and am so excited I cannot wait for the last term” I giggled happily.

“Hmm, it worked after all huh? You are going to be mother. How is Mario taking it now?” she asked.

“Honestly, I don’t know my friend, Mario barely talks about the baby and sometimes I cannot help feel he hates Chisomo. I try to make him understand things but nothing” I frowned sadly recalling how Mario always never talked about Chisomo and whenever he would come home, he never even asked about her or the baby.

“Hmm what do you expect, you forced the man to sleep with a stranger. Give it time he will come around, probably after the baby is born and Chisomo leaves you guys. “Sera smiled combing her baby girl`s hair as we talked.

“He will my dear, now I came to ask if the arrangements for the flowers were done, I have been too occupied the past weeks I sometimes forget am getting married. “

Sera looked at me shaking her head.

“This wedding is the longest planned I have ever seen. Let it pass we all rest easy mwee”

she shrugged and we both laughed out.

I decided to get home after a long meeting with Sera and things were now on point, all we needed was walk to the aisle with Mario and get married. I had seen his mother a few days before and this time she seemed okey. She was not so excited but at least I was just glad she was not being too negative.

Driving in the yard, I saw Mario`s car parked outside and I smiled to myself knowing he was inside.

“Baby! Am home!” I shouted placing the keys on the small corner table and throwing the heels off my feet I touched my feet to relax them a bit as I went to my room thinking Mario was there.

“Where is this man?” I asked myself as I held my hand removing the wrist watch. Then I heard some voices talking.

“sure he is” I told myself now heading to Chisomo`s room.

“I cannot do this Mario, please stop already, just leave me and like you said, pretend I don’t exist, soon I will leave and you will be married to your wife a baby besides you” came Chisomo`s voice I could hear she was crying.

Out of curiosity, I stood there to hear what they were talking about thinking she was trying to get him understand her and not hate her.

His words that moment as he responded to her made me drop the wrist watch that I was now holding in my hand, I quickly picked it before it could get to the floor.

“I love you Chisomo, I have tried to stay away you know that, how can I look into Ketty`s eyes and lie that I don’t like you when my whole being is screaming out to how much I love you. I love you and I need you, I cannot let you go cause I find myself so drawn to you, please do not push me away, I love you” Mario whispered I peeped through a small opening and saw him holding her so close. His hands were firm on her face he spoke without looking away from her eyes.

“What about Ketty?” Chisomo asked him trying to get off him but he didn’t move an inch, it was like he was stuck in the ground and could not let her go. Hi desperation was amazing.

“I don’t know, but I love you too, I love you Chisomo, what can I do? Please I love you!” my Mario was pleading for the woman crying as he spoke I felt myself so weak I went down the floor without making some noise, I was not going to cut that moment short for them, so I sat there for minutes hearing them argue.

I could hear him kissing her and both of them were breathing heavily just after a moment and I stood up running to my room, I could not take it anymore.

Read more Episodes here - www.youngicee.com/stories/a-cry-for-love
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by titu321: 3:10pm On Feb 01, 2020
Looking for some easy ways to shrink your water footprint? ... So, when you eat lower on the food chain, eat more whole foods and waste less food, you also save water. ... A few simple steps can reduce your outdoor water consumption, so tighten those taps, eliminate those leaks and use ...
Save water
Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by Oyinprince(m): 11:52am On Feb 02, 2020
A CRY FOR LOVE - PART 15

© Tisa Phiri

Mario……

She kept resisting me but I decided to take a step and show her what I felt instead of begging her with words. Chisomo, felt something for me too I could see it, she had not been responding to my calls and totally ignored me whenever I would go to Ketty`s house.

I recall one day, I found her outside, and she looked at me as I got off the car and walked back inside before I could get the chance to talk to her.

“Chisomo, why are you running away from me?” I had followed her

“Because I don’t want to talk to you Mario. Now go on inside Ketty is in her room” she sighed and walked away leaving me watching her without a word. The impact of her ignoring me just made me want her more and this day, I decided to go and talk to her seriously. As always she argued about my feelings and tried to push me back to Ketty.

“I love you Chisomo” I said the 10th time that afternoon after kissing her. I lost myself I could not hear anything else besides her soft moans as we embraced so close my heart raced at the pleasure she was giving me just wrapping her hands around me.

“Chisomo, I paused looking into her eyes.

“Tell me you do not feel anything for me and I swear I will not bother you anymore” I challenged her lifting her chin to make her eyes meet mine. She looked at me for a couple of seconds and wanted to look away but I could not let her face go, I turned her towards my face again.

“Just tell me the truth” I asked again,

“Please”

“What do you want me to tell you Mario? What good will it do? You belong to another woman and the arrangement was not for us to fall in love with each other, it doesn’t matter what I feel but this is not right, you are getting married in a few days, please just leave, Ketty might come back soon and this is….” She went on complaining.

I let her talk her heart out and even though she couldn’t say for sure she felt love for me, I knew she did. I turned to leave her room and she walked towards her bed sitting down with a sigh. Standing by the door way, I watched her and she was not looking away either.

“Chisomo?” I called her

“yes Mario” was her response and like her voice was the lock to the key that was holding me back, I rushed back closing the door and went on to her throwing her down the bed, she was not fighting me anymore so I went on caressing her until I could see how she needed me too. In minutes we were coined together deeply connected more than before. She had her eyes closed all the time and her body movements were enough to define what I needed, I felt it, it was not Ketty anymore, the woman beneath me felt a part of me, the love and connection between us was so amazing I could not get myself off her till I was calm and down, I allowed her to enjoy the moment longer than last time and was so proud I made her vibrate in my arms she collapsed in them breathing heavily.

Her lips partly parted, she opened her eyes looking at me.

“I love you and am not getting married in a few days Chisomo, I just can’t” I whispered leaning my head on her.

“What? No! You will not do this, no, we will not do this to Ketty, Mario, we will not” she sat up

“What is okey? I marry her with thoughts of you in my head? I cannot it’s not fair that I commit myself to her for life and yet I love you too” I shook my head but she kept on pushing me not to think like that.

In the love moments with Chisomo, I had not realized how many minutes had passed. I had been with her for more than 30 minutes until she practically pushed me out of the room. She was right about Ketty coming back, I found her seated in her bed her face wet with tears. The moment I saw her, I knew she was aware about me and Chisomo.

“Tell me that back there, was just a moment that has past and we are good “she cried standing up and facing me I felt bad at how broken she was looking.

“Am sorry Baby you had to see or hear whatever happened there., I love you and I swear I never planned for this” I started, she slapped me so hard I felt the stinging feeling on my skin where the slap had landed.

“You will not do this to me Mario! No you won’t, you will not tell me in a few weeks you have forgotten about what we have, what we have built in years together” she cried hitting my chest I tried to hold her but now she was screaming loudly,

It was like she had just realized what was happening and now was taking out her anger on me.

“Is it the way of you paying me back for making this decision to have a baby? Is it?” she stopped.

“No, no, yeah I didn’t like the idea before but I didn’t chose to feel this way towards Chisomo, you have to understand me baby please” I tried to calm her down. She was hysterical and screamed out on top of her voice.

She accused me of taking advantage of the situation and lie I loved Chisomo to prove a point she was the one who was wrong to bring another woman between us. Most of what she said were true but the truth was I felt whatever had happened had nothing to do with what I felt for Chisomo, it was so pure and evident I wouldn’t even call it a mistake.

“okey, I will pretend all this did not happen Baby, let’s just get married and after the baby is born, Chisomo is leaving and we will have our lives back” she wiped her tears coming close. I held her back too, and shook my head sadly.

“am so sorry Ketty, but now I cannot get married, I need to clear my head and It will not be fair for you and Chisomo cause am sure I love you both, I cannot hurt her” I told her honestly and she stepped back shaking her head too.

“no., is that a polite way of saying you don’t want to be with me but with that Chisomo?” she spat now fuming.

“No, I mean, I don’t want to hurt any of you baby and I need time to make the right decision. We have to stop the wedding for now and …”

“We are getting married Mario, “she ordered firmly.

“yes, you and I are getting married and we will not allow your pity for that poor girl to come between us, we will have our baby, pay her and she will leave us in peace, there is no way am allowing you to humiliate me like this Mario, never! You hear me, never! You are mine and mine alone, forget about the pity or whatever it is you feel for that girl and let’s get married as per plan” she made her points clearly and serious she was not blinking as she spoke.

I was quiet for a moment, I walked slowly to the bed and sat down watching her. She too looked at me and we both stayed that way or minutes.

“What do I do now?” I asked myself holding my hands in my face.

We heard a loud bang on the front door and the gate opening, my first thought was Chisomo and I rushed outside Ketty coming behind me.

“John, who went outside?” I asked John

“it`s it`s….. Madam, Chisomo” he stammered shaking his head looking at both of us.

“Where did she say she is going?”

“She didn’t say, but she came out with a large bag, she is getting a cab outside and she didn’t look well boss” John explain.

“What? And you let her go?” Ketty responded, I ran to the gate and rushed outside to stop her. The time I stood out, a car was pulling away I saw her seated in the back seat.

“Oh no!” I panicked

“What? “ Ketty asked joining me outside.

“She is gone” I shook my head looking at Ketty.

“Oh my God, she cannot go with our baby Mario, we need her around just for that baby” Ketty cried out I was now mad at her.

“It’s your fault, you kept screaming on top of your voice and now see what you have caused” I accused her pushing her aside and past to get my car. Ketty jumped into the car too,

“Do you think it`s a good idea you come too. Let me talk to her” I told her

“no way am leaving you and that girl together again, and let me warn you, I will not allow you and her alone anymore till am sure this drama of yours is over, am following you cause I really need that baby, now more than ever , I have already sacrificed a lot for this child to give up now” she made a face and I shook my head in disbelief.

“It’s all you really care about huh? The baby? you cannot even care about the feelings of that poor girl you put in so much pain. I almost cannot believe this is you ketty” I shook my head looking ahead as we drove out.

“Is that why you fall for her? Because you wanted her to feel safe, okey or cared for?” she asked without looking at me.

“Can you stop now, let’s just find her and bring her back” I shook my head

“Answer the question Mario! What the hell happened from that girl disgusting you to love? She is just a cheap girl trying to get your attention by playing hurt, it’s not my fault her mother died, it happened and she has to stick her dirty on my man, no, she was paid to get us a baby and that is what will happen, nothing more, nothing less.. I am beginning to hate her guts you know, you don’t even love her like you think I know you. She’s just a …..”

“Shut up! And if you so much insist on knowing the truth, yes, yes I fall in love with Chisomo but not because I pity her and want her to feel safe and cared for, it’s simply because the first time I saw her I felt something special for her, she is a good person and I fall in love with her the first time I lay my hands on her. Is that what you want to hear huh?” I was raising my voice increasing the speed as the road stretched in front of us.

“I love Chisomo and it has nothing to do with whatever you are saying” I added.

She didn’t respond but looked out the window her fingers on her face I assumed she was crying. After some meters on the road in silence with ketty sobbing, I stopped and walked around the car to where she sat.

“Am sorry, I didnt mean to say all that to you. “ I told her honestly.

“Ketty! Baby! “I tried to hold her hand but she wasn’t looking at me.

“Am sorry” I sighed standing up straight.

“She is going to give me my baby at the end of the pregnancy and she will leave, I swear to God if she dares me, if she dares me, I will not let her have her peace. She will know better than mess with me” she spoke scornfully I feared for Chisomo. The coldness I was seeing in her eyes was so much tense one would not say it was the same old and calm Ketty.

“Can we go and find that bitch now? I need her close now more than ever” she spat and closed the door in my face before I could even move. Silently I walked to the other side of the car and started driving back to the road.

The time we got to Chisomo`s old house, she was not there. I tried to ask the neighbours if any of them had seen her go in but they all said they had not seen her in weeks.

“My God where is she?” I asked myself worried sick.

Read Episode 16 here - https://youngicee.com/2020/01/a-cry-for-love-part-16.html

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Love - A Romance Story by skubido(m): 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2020
Hmmmmmm

Thanks for the update

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Be Famous (Quest For Fame) A Short Story / Poetry Thread For 'short Witty Poetry' Lovers / Is This For Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 465
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.