Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (38337 Views)

Is 130k Job Offer Good For Someone Living At Iju Ishaga / Which Would You Advise Going For: A 130k Job In Ibadan Or A 200k Job In Lagos? / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Peterperosco: 12:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Getting married with that salary monthly is ok,
Living in a house that cost such amount as rent is still ok, but if you wish to acquire more properties,like getting ur own house or establishing a business as an additional source of income, then you need to get a house where you have to pay lower and also reduce some of ur expenses. It will also make ur wife get used to living in a small way and gradually move higher as your finance increases.
Once you get married, ur needs and expenses will increase X2.5

1 Like

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by cassyrooy(m): 12:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
130k undecided this money can give you 33 inches of Brazilian hair not to talk of full inches and you're talking about getting married sad oga go double your hustle
You've just made a fantabulous joke here, but if I'm wrong, that's very terrible of you.
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Lynfroddo: 12:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
Goodplace:
Pls advice... If a person is earning 130k Monthly and having the intention of getting married soonest and paying rent of 270k/ yearly can he consider that job a good one and moreover can he get married comfortably?

Not how much you make bro, but well you can manage it. I know people who make well above this amount but still can't account for anything at the end of the month.

1 Like

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by agbaikings: 12:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
[Best advice ever.

quote author=dadalicious post=85900050]Very okay
My salary is 100k, and sometimes reduces to 90something due to some deductions.
My house rent is 288k
My wife is a student with 70k house rent too.
I have a son.
I am doing okay.
No car sha.
But we dey chop, life can only get better.
Marry now, you won't remain with that income forever.[/quote]
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Skmoda360(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
airex:
oga u well so?
You don't get his message pls ask him to rephrase it, instead of that ballistic question......
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by dazzlingd(m): 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
smartleo:

You are over okay

I have been working for 5years plus and my salary is not even up to that amount
Plus I have two kids and my wife is not on 9 to 5 jobs

Think international, 130k is not even up to 400 dollars
Living a good standard of living requires u earn far more than that...
Or else u are happy being a local champion in your comfort zone..

If u will raise children that will compete internationally, then earning below 2k dollars monthly cant do that ....how much will u even spend to make your kids enjoy to vacation...pls life is for living not for mere existence.

Stop encouraging poverty and mediocrity....weather u like it or not, reality will catch up with u as the world evolves and become more competitive...and pls, stop birthing more children...dont kill innocent kids with mediocre living

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by gbemishile: 12:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
Nonsense post
Ure earning 130k per month and ure living in a 280k per annum apartment and u want to get married there and raise a family
U no know wetin dey do u
Dey listen to their advice o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Reelnah: 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
No it is 30k job that is a good job...
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by stevups(m): 12:51pm On Jan 19, 2020
Osyxcel:

He said fact.
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by beauty7: 12:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
130k undecided this money can give you 33 inches of Brazilian hair not to talk of full inches and you're talking about getting married sad oga go double your hustle
That money is not bad at all.

How many Nigerians are earning up to that?

Most Nigerians are living below N1,000 daily,ie N30,000 monthly and they are married.

(Although I am earning far more than N300,000 per month)

2 Likes

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
flexyrule:
As in.. He works 2 whole months for his landlord.

No, he works two whole month to have a comfortable roof over his head. He should even add wine to thank his landlord.

5 Likes

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by dazzlingd(m): 1:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
beauty7:

That money is not bad at all.

How many Nigerians are earning up to that?

Most Nigerians are living below N1,000 daily,ie N30,000 monthly and they are married.

(Although I am earning far more than N300,000 per month)

Aunty, u no nice oo, you are earning over 300k per month and u want a full grown man with functioning rod to be surviving on 30k per month...and ger married....chai! Poverty die!!!
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by captain247: 1:02pm On Jan 19, 2020
Goodplace:
Pls advice... If a person is earning 130k Monthly and having the intention of getting married soonest and paying rent of 270k/ yearly can he consider that job a good one and moreover can he get married comfoortably?

Well in my opinion Op, calculate your annual income, then deduct ur rent, budget for marriage then see how u can manage what is left with day to day life. Marriage money no be once, you can save gradually for it and your spouse will support too.
You have to live life according to your income .
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by dazzlingd(m): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
walex2:
please dont get married, it is too meagre to sustain you and your wife in this harsh economy, do well by earning minimum of 500k, atleast a flat in Lekki, and a good car to make your wife comfortable.

over sabi they worry you me wey i dey manage my 40k per month with my wife and kids go advise you not to marry with 130k per month

That you enjoy poverty does not mean others will.

There is no nobility in poverty
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
dazzlingd:

If u will raise children that will compete internationally, then earning below 2k dollars monthly cant do that ....how much will u even spend to make your kids enjoy to vacation...pls life is for living not for mere existence.

Stop encouraging poverty and mediocrity....weather u like it or not, reality will catch up with u as the world evolves and become more competitive...and pls, stop birthing more children...dont kill innocent kids with mediocre living

Are you against the salary or birthing children?
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Tsolutionifede(m): 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
sparog:
No ooh, it's not good enough. You should reject the job, you need something better

grin grin grin
alakoba re
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by bonnyhope: 1:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
dadalicious:
Very okay
My salary is 100k, and sometimes reduces to 90something due to some deductions.
My house rent is 288k
My wife is a student with 70k house rent too.
I have a son.
I am doing okay.
No car sha.
But we dey chop, life can only get better.
Marry now, you won't remain with that income forever.

GOOD ADVICE!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by bonnyhope: 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
vivalavida:

Baba u dey try oo

I am a bit above what u earn. #110k.
House rent is #200k

And marriage still scares me because o feel it ain't enough

it is planning

even if you earn 500k without planning, you will still be scared to take major decision
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by frozen70(f): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
Goodplace:
Pls advice... If a person is earning 130k Monthly and having the intention of getting married soonest and paying rent of 270k/ yearly can he consider that job a good one and moreover can he get married comfortably?

The issue of getting married comfortably comes with patient and time but with such amount as income and the one your wife will support you with, you will achieve success

But look for a modest woman who will build your home with you in the most economical way, not those flashy ones that lives on dreams
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by bonnyhope: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
Stallion93:
i bet u live in a 1 room apartment and share the toilet and bathroom with about 10 people. And yea U even Order those innocent children to sleep on the floor while u and your wife enjoy the bed all through that 5 years. Even Hell will reject nigerians

provided they are living their lives and hope to get better, then no wahala
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Macgabe(m): 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
Goodplace:

If that 270k rent is anything above mini flat, then its a no no. Get a cheaper accommodation let's say a mini flat, get married(meanwhile, it will be good if she is also contributing financially) and save up to buy a small piece of land and start building your own house.

My little advice though
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by aalangel(f): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
Goodplace:

It's very okay. Hope your wife to be has something doing too. If you guys are not frivolous, you'll be just fine.
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by bonnyhope: 1:22pm On Jan 19, 2020
smartleo:

Children of this generation sha.

Okay let me set the record straight.

I live in a 3 bedroom apartment with tiles and borehole water .
Each of the rooms has a mattress with the visitor room having 2 mattress.
In case you need pictures I can send them to you through WhatsApp .

My kids are attending one of the international school here in Ibadan.
Gods grace is all not my salary.

Learn to respect your elders .

why are you answering the teenager
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by m140(m): 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
dazzlingd:

Help him na

1 Like

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by MrSquint: 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
It's a fair pay depending on your qualifications/skills/background.

Don't rush into paying for a big apartment and getting married soonest with that pay.

What you may consider doing is investing, put your two or three months salary together and start a lil something.
If you're blessed with an independent woman/working glass/industrious woman it becomes a plus. Then you can start preps for marriage.

GBAM!
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
Only problem you have is the tithe, that mentality will empoverish you further.

2 Likes

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by Exposedforall: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
go n marry joor

1 Like

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by bonnyhope: 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
DavidEsq:

Galatians 6:3, 4: "For if anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he is deceiving himself. 4 But let each one examine his own actions, and then he will have cause for rejoicing in regard to himself alone, and not in comparison with the other person"

pastor, come and explain the bible verse
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by micflo28(m): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
Starting with 130k job doesn't bring an end to your aspiration for better jobs. On the contrary, its fuel for your hussle, as you can now go for further studies, pay to learn more skills and boost your chances or buy little gifts to pacify an employer with a better pay. Also, getting married doesn't mean you should stop aspiring. Get married at your nearest suitable time with someone who understands your vision and keys into it. Please, hope the salary is not static. Asin, there is room for growths and promotion for higher income level. If there isn't, then it is a bad deal. I earn 120k...but I still aspire for better jobs and will soon settle down. Just get to a point in your job, you can also start alternative income source, have a small bar near your compound, a farm, poultry, provision store isn't also a bad idea. Just organize yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by shogz89: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
XOGBADO:

Your 3 months rent shouldn't be more than your 1 month salary. Let's do a little calculation:
270000÷12 = 22500
Then, 22500 * 3 = 67500
So you see it's very possible atleast with judicious spending. Make sure your wife has something doing too.
I think this your analysis will send many people back to the village.. My own policy is my 1 year rent should not exceed my 2 month salary.. So if the wife is earning, their combine salary for 2 month should be the ceiling for their rent..

1 Like

Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by CrazyMan(m): 1:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
4reala:
Guy, there are people getting far below and living comfortably, U need to cut ur expence.
Excesses you mean
Re: Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? by omimigaius(m): 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
Goodplace:

Op! Do you not have plans for your live? You are in the best position to answer those questions. If your current job is not up to the 130k, then the new one is better. Plan with it and pray for a better one in the future. If you have problems managing your perceived status and ego and social class, then you need a counsellor or a social psychologist.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Recruitment 2015 / Jobs at Total / Mobil/nnpc Graduate Assistance Program August 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.