Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Applying Classic Warrior Principles To Business And Life - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Applying Classic Warrior Principles To Business And Life (468 Views)

Principles To Success In What Ever You Do! / Practical Principles To Earning Residual Income Through VTU Automated Webstore. / Principles Of Making Money Online Legitimately For Beginners In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Applying Classic Warrior Principles To Business And Life by Thebestpicks: 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2020
Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.

Applying Classic Warrior Principles to Business and Life

Applying Warrior Principles to Business and Life.I always thought it was something of fashion statement for business men and women to carry copies of The Art of War by Sun Tsu. I understood their claim that it was relevant to business strategy and that many of the ideas are still relevant, but it all seemed a bit fanciful to me. More like vanity and posing! How could a thousand year-old treatise genuinely be relevant to today’s world of computers and mobile phones?

That was until I began to practice the warrior mindset and quickly realised that it actually is highly relevant. Sure, it won’t teach you to use MS Word, but in terms of marketing, leadership and the management of resources it is still very useful. These ideas and suggestions are timeless and can be applied in almost limitless situations. Look at it this way, if the advice is good enough to help you win wars with swords and arrows, then surely it can help you to get Bill from accounting to stop complaining.

With that in mind I present some of the best quotes and lessons from the book that you can take with you into the office and us to inspire more loyalty and productivity. And just for good measure I’ve thrown in some Machiavelli; who wrote The Prince as an instruction manual for an Italian prince that would help him to become an effective ruler someday.

These are both texts aimed at historical warriors and kings and yet they are coveted by business professionals, relationship gurus and more. This is the perfect example of why the warrior mindset is still relevant today and you will see that the sentiments therein echo much of what we have already discussed.

Lessons from the Art of War

There is No Instance of a Nation Benefiting From Prolonged Warfare
In other words, if you are at odds with a competitor or a colleague then a prolonged struggle will only serve to damage both of you. This is called a ‘pyrrhic victory’ – a phrase that comes from another famous historical battle. By the end even if you win, you will have damaged your reputation and wasted your resources so that you’re left with nothing but a Pyrrhic Victory. Instead then, see if you can’t turn an opponent into an ally and find a way that you both can benefit instead of...read more here....https://thebestpicks.website/applying-warrior-principles-to-business-and-life/

(1) (Reply)

Promote Your Songs On Allyloaded And Also Get A Well Designed Blog Website / How To Manage And Grow Your Instagram And Twitter Pages And Impressions / The Sole Proprietorship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.