Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures (73745 Views)

Western Nigeria Development And News Thread / Nnamdi Kanu Launches ‘Eastern Security Network’ (Photos) / How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by orunmila144: 9:01am On Jan 19, 2020
SO I WAS DATING THIS AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMAN, SO ONE DAY I WAS TAKING HER OUT AND HER NIECE ASKED ME, WHERE ARE YOU TAKING MY AUNTY ?
SO I SAID ' AMO TEK UN-TY TO KFC FOR SOME CHICKEN ' undecided

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Nasir123(m): 9:04am On Jan 19, 2020
engrelvis:
nor mind dem bro.By d time d same vigilante group turn on us later we will know how far.d rich is going to use dem to their advantage. Am a Southerner but I dnt want it.is going to cause more harm dan good.What we shud b looking at is y anytime any president on board his tribe will want to dominate n intimidate. During Jonathan era it was Niger deltans.those guys by now would v become security risk if nt d bold steps buhari took. Now is fulanis.

My brother, forget your fears.
It's better we do this than to allow our people and land be run over by bandits. That can never be accepted.

Regarding the other part of your fear, don't worry. We'll handle it.
We'll even modernize it. Make it more reliable.
This is 2020. The 21st century.
It's time we move from our backward, premature, unreasonable and unproductive ways of living as a Nigerian. We can't just continue living as MUMUs.

Amotekum has come to stay!
The rest, we'll build on it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by biobab23(m): 9:04am On Jan 19, 2020
Àmọ̀tẹ́kùn herbal mixture báwo?
Ẹyin Osogbo kí lon ṣẹlẹ̀? Lol
Funny PDP yoruba wiser Dan dis
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by franchasng: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2020
itsme01:

first Vigilantees are constituitional, all Nigerians have the right to defend themselves, secondly baring arms is allowed if you have lisence collected from state police command duly signed by state governor, and Lastly under our constituition citizens have the right to make an arrest in the absence of a police but have to hand them over to the police for prosecution, upon the agreement of State Department of Public Prosecution ..

Bakassi and OPC are unregistered and unlisenced back then and without government backing Amotekun not only has Government backing, it duly informed IGP and office of the NSA of its activities

about your fear of Amotekun and the citizens, their jurisdiction is mainly in the forest leading to highways linking southwest cities where kidnappers and bandits are based and opreate from, regurlar police would never go into the forest as they a civilian police with jurisdiction only where civilisation is

since FG cant protect us with revered Afenifere's leaders daughter killed and former health Minister son kidnapped we cant wait till SouthWest turns to Boko Haram zone or Kaduna - Abuja express way, we have all right to protect our self

Almost all estate in abuja occupied by big men has lisenced guards so nothhing is stoping south west.. and for your information Amotekun are now fully opreational i am in Ibadan and i can fully confirm that to you, even CP olukolu pledged his support

Why are you wasting time replying terrorists with sinister motive to export their Boko Haram and Fulani herdsmen terrorists from North to South

This is what igbos have been shouting for decades and I am very glad our Yoruba brethren have woke up to the reality of who Hausa-Fulanis truly are; they love backwardness, poverty, destruction, darkness and bloodletting, those are the symbol of Fulani everywhere in the world.

They hate peace, and communal progress of the people, they want to be the only ones detecting for others which Igbos can never accept, and reason they hate Igbos for always saying no to their heartless dominance of other tribes and communities.

It hurts that the same Fulanis and their mercenaries have come to destabilize Imo state to install a rogue from the back door as Imo state governor, I would have reached out to Emeka and crew to fast-track similar security outfit in the Southeast and I am sure Enugu State Governor Ugwuanyi will do something soonest.

God bless the Southwest for this laudable initiative to secure the Southwest and encourage other regions to follow same pathway

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by zoghys: 9:07am On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:
Dead on arrival. Amotekun is unlawful and illegal, period.

Says who?
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Koladepounds: 9:08am On Jan 19, 2020
To join 1xBet with awesome bonuses on deposit and cash out send me a dm WhatsApp @07061009348.
Ps: it’s totally free
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by AreaFada2: 9:09am On Jan 19, 2020
oyatz:
We need STATE POLICE.

Every State should be able to protect itself by securing the lives and properties of it's citizens.
Regional police is even better. Amotekun should eventually morph into regional police. With other zones following suite.

They should create RUGA for herdsmen in the North. Unless of course herdsmen and RUGA are schemes to encircle the South with armed Fulani to seize land across Nigeria.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by erosimo(m): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2020
Papanwamaikpe:
Supporters of Amotekun are enemies of the states and should be dealt with. Nigeria's unity is non negotiable. If the FG says Amotekun is illegal then so be it!

Permit me to help you here. An opinion of minister of justice can not declare a constituted authority illegal, only a competent court of law can do that.
Thank you
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Jones4190(m): 9:13am On Jan 19, 2020
Smartchoiice:
NO LAW PROHIBITS THE ESTABLISHMENT OF OPERATION AMOTEKUN
Chief Afe Babalola SAN
By s.5(2)(b) of the CFRN 1999 a state's governor power, "shall extend to the execution and maintenance of this Constitution";
By s.5(3) of the CFRN 1999, "the executive powers vested in a State under subsection (2) of this section shall be so exercised as not to: (a) impede or prejudice the exercise of the executive powers of the Federation;"
By s.13 of the CFRN 1999, "It shall be the duty and responsibility of all organs of government, and of all authorities and persons, exercising legislative, executive or judicial powers, to conform to, observe and apply the provisions of this Chapter of this Constitution."
By s.14(2)(b) of the CFRN 1999, "the security and welfare of the people shall be the primary purpose of government";
By s.214(1) of the CFRN 1999, "There shall be a police force for Nigeria, which shall be known as the Nigeria Police Force, and subject to the provisions of this section no other police force shall be established for the Federation or any part thereof.";
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by adelaja70(m): 9:16am On Jan 19, 2020
41lady:
Let the fight continue, the hausa-fulani and their slaves. We are watching you guys since you said nobody should rule Nigeria except you guys. Confusion in the camp of the enemy of progress.
Please use your brain for once...

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by livebyday(m): 9:18am On Jan 19, 2020
itsme01:

you buy Itunes or Amazon without reciepts?

I have to ask how do you source these codes? I have taken a keen interest in your activities. It seems you are into internet fraud ?

Any ways no need to answer I will find out don't worry it's what I do? grin
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by endy69: 9:18am On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

But Hisbah is lawful and legal. wetn be your fear? you be fulani herdsman?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2020
endy69:

But Hisbah is lawful and legal. wetn be your fear? you be fulani herdsman?

No fear. It's unconstitutional
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by aviara: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2020
Why has Jagaban of burdilon and bullion van refused to make any comment about Amotekun? He should speak up about the security of lives and properties of his people above his presidential ambition and unholy alliance with the north. This is what is expected from true leaders.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 9:20am On Jan 19, 2020
zoghys:

Says who?

Says Constitution
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Thutmose: 9:22am On Jan 19, 2020
oyatz:
Each Geopolitical zone should have it's own security outfit.

And with time, push for the legalization of State Police.

# Note : Different States already have Semi-Police organizations like Hisbah Police in Kano, Katsina, Nassarawa, LATSMA in Lagos,OYES Traffic Marshall in Osun etc.

That's Nasarawa local government area in Kano not Nasarawa state.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by endy69: 9:24am On Jan 19, 2020
LOVEGINO:
grin

With his own technology. instead of una improve own technologies like this one, we tag them fetish and churches burn them and we still go spend money on foreign technologies
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Bene11: 9:28am On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=allthingsgood post=85909719]Dead on arrival. Amotekun is unlawful and illegal, period.[/
That is your view but patiently to see Yoruba in actions.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by pawesome(m): 9:29am On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:
ok...what u waiting for? come n stop it

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Bene11: 9:29am On Jan 19, 2020
[quote author=allthingsgood post=85909719]Dead on arrival. Amotekun is unlawful and illegal, period.[/
That is your view but wait patiently to see Yoruba in actions.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by jboycrb(m): 9:30am On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

Are you insane, why the silly rant?

I am not and its a question I asked you not ranting.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

You are the one crying here. Also u don't know where I am from so your reference to "my people" is pathetic and silly. The hisbah you mentioned is not a regional police but rather established by individual states house of assembly. And that's exactly how to do it. Constitution does not recognise regional vigilante. If states want to create amotekun they should go to their house of assembly.

Besides, the same u that is supporting amotekun brigade today will be the one to cry when robbers and kidnappers join the amotekun and start legitimately assassinating and kidnapping u. You dont cure one problem by creating another. We've done amotekun before, we had bakassi in the east and olc in the west. Both turned out to be even worse than the evil they claim to fight. At the end same people that were hailing them started begging fg to intervene. You guys have simply refused to have sense and learn from history. You prefer to make the same mistake over and over again
like you said, (still ignorantly) that hisbah was established by states assembly in each state in the north...in like manner, amotekun was jointly established by states in the south west. The state assembly members in each state were quite aware of the creation and in total support of same. For your information, amotekun had never been in existence in our land. What we had was opc the militant group. The bakasi boys you referred to...were they as structured as amotekun? Were they recognised by the state in which they were operating? Were they established by the state's constitution and were they paid by the same state ? Amotekun is as structured as the hisbah and the civilian jtf. Hisbah is even acting as another police outfit lol.

Let me educate you a little about amotekun because I can see you need one.. Each state in the south west is in support of amotekun and that's makes it a regional outfit. They have a uniform like the hisbah and civilian jtf...Opc didn't have a uniform, neither did bakassi boys . They were militants but amotekun is a security outfit established under the states law. Hisbah in nasarawa is hisbah in katsina, niger, sokoto, bauchi, borno, etc. In like manner, amotekun in Ekiti, is same amotelun in Lagos, ondo, osun and oyo states.

7 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 9:32am On Jan 19, 2020
fairfora:
like you said, (still ignorantly) that hisbah was established by states assembly in each state in the north...in like manner, amotekun was jointly established by states in the south west. The state assembly members in each state were quite aware of the creation and in total support of same. For your information, amotekun had never been in existence in our land. What we had was opc the militant group. The bakasi boys you referred to...were they as structured as amotekun? Were they recognised by the state in which they were operating? Were they established by the state's constitution and were they paid by the same state ? Amotekun is as structured as the hisbah and the civilian jtf. Hisbah is even acting as another police outfit lol. Let me educate you a little about amotekun because I can see you need one.. Each state in the south west is in support of amotekun and that's makes it a regional outfit. They have a uniform like the hisbah and civilian jtf...Opc didn't have a uniform, neither did bakassi boys . They were militants but amotekun is a security outfit established under the states law. Hisbah in nasarawa is hisbah in katsina, niger, sokoto, bauchi, borno, etc. In like manner, amotekun in Ekiti, is same amotelun in Lagos, ondo, osun and oyo states.

Pls read my post well before typing rubbish. I can't repeat myself and I know u are not this slow
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by zoghys: 9:32am On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

Says Constitution

That constitution must be a new one then.
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 9:32am On Jan 19, 2020
jboycrb:

I am not and its a question I asked you not ranting.

Same way I asked you back
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Nature8(m): 9:33am On Jan 19, 2020
Racoon:
Other regions should also come up with their own regional complementary security plan.Security is not it under this govt.

Loud it bro
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by allthingsgood: 9:33am On Jan 19, 2020
zoghys:

That constitution must be a new one then.

Not according to you
Re: Amotekun: Western Nigeria Security Network In Pictures by Rolex66: 9:34am On Jan 19, 2020
allthingsgood:

Nobody is fearing anything. Constitution doesn't give powers to any region to form vigilante. Amotekun is unconstitutional and illegal

Besides if not that Nigerians are too stupidly short-sighted with extensive memory loss, haven't we been down this road before How did bakassi, opc vigilante etc end?? By the time the amotekun realise their power and turn on the citizens, it's the same people that will be crying for fg to save them

Is civilian JTF Constitutional?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb / Donald Duke's Powerbike At Calabar Bikers Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.