Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) (39716 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / Father Mbaka Attacks Buhari: 'Disaster Is Coming, Angels Warming Up For You' / Father Mbaka: "Why Atiku Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic

The Catholic Archbishop of Lagos, Adewale Martins, says the Spiritual Director of the Adoration Ministry, Enugu, Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka, could be banned from preaching if he continues to deviate from the doctrines and tenets of the Catholic Church.

Martins, who was appointed Archbishop of Lagos by the Pope in 2012, said this during an interview with the BBC Igbo while reacting to Mbaka’s prophecy that Hope Uzodinma would emerge as governor of Imo State.

Mbaka had on New Year’s Eve prophesied that Uzodinma would emerge as governor in 2020, a prophecy which came to pass on Tuesday when the Supreme Court sacked Emeka Ihedioha and named Uzodinma as the duly elected governor.

Reacting to the prophecy, which has stirred heated debate, the archbishop said Mbaka was under the Diocese of Enugu and did not report to him.

He, however, said if Mbaka continued in the manner he was doing things, the Catholic Church may bar him from ministering.

Martins said, “Fr. Mbaka falls under the authority of the Bishop of Enugu Diocese and therefore he has the responsibility of cautioning him. I can imagine that this must be giving the bishop some challenges.

“It must be giving him a bit of a headache and I feel sorry for him and I hope he will find some way of dealing with this matter that has been recurring. Of course, what could be done in the end is either to say, ok you receive the sanction of being stopped from public ministry. That is a possibility. If it is not done, there must be a reason.”

Martins, who was ordained a priest in 1983, said the Catholic Church does not engage in partisan politics.

He said even if Mbaka received a prophecy from God, he ought to ensure that his conduct corresponds with the scriptures and the doctrine of the Catholic Church.

The archbishop added, “It is utterly surprising that Fr Mbaka would go as far as naming one person as governor against another. It is embarrassing when you hear of priests or people in position of authority making statements that are clearly partisan.

“The position of the Catholic Church on matters that have to do with politics is not to be partisan. Of course, we as a church cannot be oblivious to political events and happenings in the country or the world at large and therefore we must speak from the point of view of principles.

“The priest who believes he has a gift of prophecy has to test whatever has been told to him in the light of the scriptures, in the light of the teachings of the church and in terms of the authority that has been given to leaders in the church.”

Martins said Mbaka’s behaviour was at variance with the teachings of the Catholic Church and he had fallen below the standard expected of priests.

Mbaka, who was ordained a Catholic priest in 1995, has been known to give many controversial prophecies.

In 2002, he prophesied that the then Governor of Enugu State, Chimaroke Nnamani, would not return to office in the election but the governor won a second term.

In 2015, Mbaka prophesied that President Goodluck Jonathan would lose to the current President, Maj Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), which came true.

https://punchng.com/catholic-church-may-bar-mbaka-from-preaching-archbishop/
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by orisa37: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
CATHOLICS ARE 1st CLASS CHRISTIANS, THEY MAKE THE RULES. THEN ANGLICANS. THEY MAKE RULES TOO FROM CANTERBURY. THE PENTECOSTALS ARE PROTESTANTS, POLITICIANS AND FOLLOW-FOLLOW INTERPRETERS AND CRUSADERS.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by eDeity: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
Godisgreatest1:
This is the worst piece I have come across in this forum, it doesn't relate in any way, just another party supporter crying quietly, deeply hurt obviously. Now, because the reverend father revealed a prophesy, that translates to him asking people to vote for a party!! This is a total waste of time and effort to read. Look, if you don't like a party just say so!..if the prophesy was the other way round your write up would have been 'Fr. Mbaka, the last voice of the common man!'. If tomorrow this same priests says 'APC will not win any election again and PMB will go to his village', all of you crying now like breastfeeding children will start dancing and laughing like hyenas..Imo state has a new governor, and Fr. Mbaka prophesied it! If you don't like it wait till the next election.
U dey mind them
It that same incoherent and gibberish lines everyday without pinpointing where and how he violated catholic rules. Mbaka have not violated any rules and that's why he has not been sanctioned. It's only warnings, they'll will keep giving knowing that they don't have anything to nail him. Mbaka your God no go shame you!

2 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by MallamAhmed: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2020
post=85924458:
Hello,

Question : Describe Father Mbaka in just 5 words.

Answer : A TRUE MAN OF GOD.

It is always good and refreshing to see that we still have reasonable youths like you on this forum.
You are a very wise man.
God bless you and Bless your parents also.
They gave birth to a King.
With youths like you,
The future of our nation is secure and bright.
Stay blessed.

@Topic,

Ehn Ehn shocked

Una don dey tire?!
2023 still far ooo.
Make una never tire of wailing and all you are good in doing abeg, supporters of criminals.
The day you stop quoting us is the day we 'may' leave here o.

Your mentions get us paid (in foreign currency) biko...
We don't need your likes or shares,
all we need is your quotes...
(You only have 30% of the number of mentions below, our BBQ clients have 70%)
Keep it coming Please.......we beg you!
We need more!
This HIV+ man is on every thread spewing trash on reasonable discussion. I Pity those who buy his suya. Ladies beware of this man cos he is infected with HIV. His frustrations wont let hiim allow intelligent people to discuss on important issues.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Austineva(m): 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
Aiyk2333:

they just gave u excerpts from the canon of the Catholic Church and priesthood yet u say he hasn't broken any law!!!! are you that daft and lame!!!!!!!?
I'm beginning to think some persons here comment before they actually read the post
hmm my friend go and listen to Make talks since 2015 to date and tell me how he has gone against d rule of d canon. Don't hate for no reason. Remember he is d anointed one. Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. God reveals those prophecies to him so that u will watch ur mouth. Go and learn from what that happened to that man that spoke against him via his 2015 prophecy against Jonathan' BBC, titled ' Mbaka why' he died shamelessly even after his apology to Mbaka. My guy be careful in attacking men of God. God do fight for them more than anything
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by CaptainMeks: 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:

Every group and organisation has its rules and if you don't like the rules you simply leave. grin (Isn't that what you guys usually tell Muslims that want to wear hijab to school?)

Group or Organization? So the Catholic Church is now a group or Organization and no longer the body OF CHRIST WHO IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH AND WHO HAS GIVEN US HIS WORD AS A GUIDE and not the Canon law?

You may as well call the Catholic Church a Cult as well
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by TollaniINC(f): 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by lomprico(m): 1:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
Dbiz1111:

grin grin cheesy you're a pdp supporter.

and you are an apc supporter.

what mbaka is doing shows he is partisan. apart from the VP, why is adeboye not flocking himself around apc politicians?
why is suleiman not flocking around pdp politicians.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
CaptainMeks:

Group or Organization? So the Catholic Church is now a group or Organization and no longer the body OF CHRIST WHO IS THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH AND WHO HAS GIVEN US HIS WORD AS A GUIDE and not the Canon law?

You may as well call the Catholic Church a Cult as well

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please don't make me laugh by trying to twist my words.

Every church is an organisation. That's how they register with the Corporate Affairs Commission. The Redeemed Christian Church is an organisation, the Anglican Church is an organisation, the Living Faith Church is an organisation, Christ Embassy is an organisation, Jehovah's Witness is also an organisation.

They are all organisations and they all have different rules (some workers were recently fired from the Living Faith Church for breaching their rules.

If you choose to call them cults, then that's your problem, not mine. I couldn't care less.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by CaptainMeks: 1:27pm On Jan 19, 2020
orisa37:
CATHOLICS ARE 1st CLASS CHRISTIANS, THEY MAKE THE RULES. THEN ANGLICANS. THEY MAKE RULES TOO FROM CANTERBURY. THE PENTECOSTALS ARE PROTESTANTS, POLITICIANS AND FOLLOW-FOLLOW INTERPRETERS AND CRUSADERS.

Catholics are yes men. Their Stark ignorance of the word of God makes them follow the laws of men embedded in the Canon.

The Catholic Church deliberately starved the members of the Bible in earlier days so they would never know the truth. If there is any religious group to call a politically religious entity it is the Catholic Church because even their Canon was politically inspired
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by eDeity: 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:

There are many, but here's one.

(Godisgreatest1 thanks for making me laugh by claiming that I support PDP or whoever. That's the funniest joke that I've heard in a long time.)

https://www.icirnigeria.org/mbaka-endorses-buhari-ugwuanyi-for-2019-general-election/

Hello please quote me only when you have sensible evidence. Evidence like video or a link to one of his talk where he was telling the people to vote for the persons you mentioned And not as usual lengthy essay where hungry individuals are putting words in his mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by CaptainMeks: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Please don't make me laugh by trying to twist my words.

Every church is an organisation. That's how they register with the Corporate Affairs Commission. The Redeemed Christian Church is an organisation, the Anglican Church is an organisation, the Living Faith Church is an organisation, Christ Embassy is an organisation, Jehovah's Witness is also an organisation.

They are all organisations and they all have different rules (some workers were recently fired from the Living Faith Church for breaching their rules.

If you choose to call them cults, then that's your problem, not mine. I couldn't care less.

Jesus said in John 15 (I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away....)

In other words, He is the source, we the church are his branches while God nourishes both the source and the branches as the husbandman aka Gardner.

The word of God is what nourishes the Church and not the so called Canon laws made by men.

Any Branch who does not bear fruit through this nourishment being received, will be cut off. It seems the Catholic Church wants every member to be cut off and to either away and die spiritually through the adherence of their Canon law and not True Word of God.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
eDeity:

Hello please quote me only when you have sensible evidence. Evidence like video or a link to one of his talk where he was telling the people to vote for the persons you mentioned And not as usual lengthy essay where hungry individuals are putting words in his mouth.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by naptu2: 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
CaptainMeks:

Jesus said in John 15 (I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away....)

In other words, He is the source, we the church are his branches while God nourishes both the source and the branches as the husbandman aka Gardner.

The word of God is what nourishes the Church and not the so called Canon laws made by men.

Any Branch who does not bear fruit through this nourishment being received, will be cut off. It seems the Catholic Church wants every member to be cut off and to either away and die spiritually through the adherence of their Canon law and not True Word of God.

At least now you are no longer saying that he didn't violate Canon Law. That's good enough for me.

1 Like

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Aiyk2333: 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2020
Austineva:
hmm my friend go and listen to Make talks since 2015 to date and tell me how he has gone against d rule of d canon. Don't hate for no reason. Remember he is d anointed one. Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm. God reveals those prophecies to him so that u will watch ur mouth. Go and learn from what that happened to that man that spoke against him via his 2015 prophecy against Jonathan' BBC, titled ' Mbaka why' he died shamelessly even after his apology to Mbaka. My guy be careful in attacking men of God. God do fight for them more than anything
may death visit u for claiming the guy that sang mbaka why has died!! .. someone I know and I've been seeing!!!!
why would you ask if mbaka desecrated a canonical law!!? did mbaka enjoin his congregation to oust pdp and vote for buhari! did he not mention names he attacked Peter Obi, Jonathan and told his masses God wants buhari, is that not soliciting or campaign!!!? did ganduje not also come to adoration ground!!? I pity ur level of hypocrisy!!!!!! 2015/2019 mbaka campaigned for Apc!!!! I watched videos
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by bluefilm: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Envy is the root of all evils, Cain & Abel, first murder saga,all happened because of Envy.
Father Mbaka as a man of god has been receiving backlash and threats from evil men.
Just because he is against the evil party called PDP, had all his prophecies, been against Apc, there wouldn't have been these noise.
Its on record that the leadership of Christian Association of Nigeria, was so much in dirty politics, that they turned to Arms dealers. Yet no body sanctioned them, like they are pestering Father Mbaka, the only true man of God from the South East, Side.

Mbaka for minister of religious affairs,by God grace.

Those who can clearly see what is going on don't need to listen to these so called catholic elders.

Mbaka is doing God's work in his own way.

If those elders are sad or angry, they should go and tell their own God to be giving them the correct predictions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by eDeity: 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
naptu2:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha

Hahahshahahahahaha
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Waylex21(m): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
CaptainMeks:

Catholics are yes men. Their Stark ignorance of the word of God makes them follow the laws of men embedded in the Canon.

The Catholic Church deliberately starved the members of the Bible in earlier days so they would never know the truth. If there is any religious group to call a politically religious entity it is the Catholic Church becau
se even their Canon was politically inspired

You have been misinformed, man. The Catholic Church never denied her members access to the Bible. Just like reportage of events can be distorted depending on who is making the report, so also this issue of denying the Bible to others. Make your thorough research and don't live in ignorance
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Aiyk2333: 1:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
eDeity:

go to ur Google, type mbaka's prophecy of 31st night 2014 and 2018 respectively. it's on you tube.. And may ur evil conscience judge you after watching those videos and u think he wasn't campaigning
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by DexterousOne(m): 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
realstars:
A prophet of God should not be a politician, and politics is all about game of desire to desist from the truth.

EXACTLY

Don't mind all these mumu people commenting here

Traditional Rulers AND Religious leaders should steer clear from politics

But then undecided
.Many Nigerians have akpu instead of brain in their head

1 Like

Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by rummmy: 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
Mbaka wants to destroy Catholic Church and Christianity because of want he gains.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by Aladdin1(m): 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
Very informative article.kudos.only the daft political zombies would fail to understand and appreciate this educative article.
Re: Here’s Why Senior Catholic Figures Are Cautioning Father Mbaka (By Naptu2) by eDeity: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
Aiyk2333:

go to ur Google, type mbaka's prophecy of 31st night 2014 and 2018 respectively. it's on you tube.. And may ur evil conscience judge you after watching those videos and u think he wasn't campaigning
I'm not going anywhere sir
Drop the link here sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? / Where Will Pastor Adeboye Get N1 Billion To Build New Auditorium? - Aroms Aigbeh / Dead Marriage By Anita Schafer (Oyakhilome)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.