Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,869 members, 7,813,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Breaking: Whatsapp Is Down - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Breaking: Whatsapp Is Down (890 Views)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / Whatsapp Is About To Stop Working On Windows And Some Android/ios Phones / Whatsapp Is Temporarily Banning ‘gbwhatsapp’ Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Whatsapp Is Down by Bullet01(f): 1:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
WHATSAPP DOWN: MESSAGING APP NOT WORKING FOR SOME USERS

WhatsApp is down, according to some users.

Hundreds of people reported problems with the popular messaging app on Sunday morning.

Users around the world are experiencing issues with WhatsApp, according to website health tracker Down Detector.

Europe is the worst affected region, though parts of Asia and South America also face severe disruption.

It is the latest in a series of outages to hit the Facebook-owned app, with a major incident in March last year leaving users cut off for nearly an entire day.

More than 500 million people use the app each day and many have taken out their frustrations across Twitter and Facebook.

A spokesperson for WhatsApp did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A report earlier this month revealed that WhatsApp is the worst-hit platform for internet shutdowns.

The app suffered 6,236 hours of deliberate disruption in 2019, largely as a result of authoritarian governments blocking access to it.

The app's secure encryption and vast user base make it popular among protesters who want to evade authorities during periods of civil unrest.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/is-whatsapp-down-why-cause-back-up-running-a9290686.html
Re: Breaking: Whatsapp Is Down by santakris(m): 1:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
No wonder my WhatsApp is doing me funny things this morning. I couldn't send common memes and even videos.
Re: Breaking: Whatsapp Is Down by falcon01: 2:01pm On Jan 19, 2020
I could text , but can't download or send image.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Whatsapp Is Down by Sunkyphil(m): 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2020
ITS SENDING BUT NOT UPLOADING OR DOWNLOADING PIX

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Whatsapp Is Down by Ejadike(m): 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
Yea, I had issues with this WhatsApp. Thank God it's good now.

(1) (Reply)

Any Suggestions Pls On My Next Phone / Is Tecno L9 Plus A Good Phone? / Xiaomi Note 10 Or Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.