Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,746 members, 7,813,449 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) (66151 Views)

FRSC Officials Intercept Overloaded Bus With Passengers On The Roof (Pix, Video) / 13 Passengers, 70 Animals Killed In Katsina Truck Rollover / Passengers On Aero Praying After Thunderstorm During A Flight To Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 3:22am On Jan 20, 2020
sheyoroniyen:
...rip to the dead......painful thing is that only the bus drivers knows how to open that there door.

So why are passengers still patronizing them?
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 3:27am On Jan 20, 2020
Ademoore07:
infact, u said it all

He really did.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 3:42am On Jan 20, 2020
JAWBONE:
May their souls Rest In Peace.

These things really make me very angry. This could have being totally avoided. The number of bad, deformed vehicles on Nigerian roads is just too much and is a huge threat to lives of road users. This is where you expect FRSC to be at the top of their game. Just today a container broke down along the road and caused a journey of 30 minutes to be a hold up of 5 hours. When these vehicles come to renew their license, do a thorough check on them and even on the road. The ones in bad condition should not be allowed to be on the road. This is really really painful because i remember just some weeks ago I was on that same road.

May their souls R.I.P once more

1) First picture shows a California Highway Patrol Police Officer performing a field inspection. As in pull over a truck on the side of the road (they have safe stretches earmarked for that). He’ll check important stuff and if it fails the trucks not going anywhere.

2) Second picture shows a truck scale where trucks get weighed. If you’re overweight then you’re not leaving the scales. Period.

We have such a long way to go that as a recent returnee that came back home after 33 years I know we’ll never get there at this rate.

I drove from Ijebu Ode to Ibadan yesterday. I followed a rickety commercial bus that had no rear lights, grossly overloaded to a police checkpoint. The driver handed the police guy N500, police guy gave him change and off they went. In broad daylight. When I got to him he asked me for my tint permit. Yes, it’s his right to ask me for tint permit, which I have, but it’s ridiculous in the sense that he just passed a clearly unroadworthy vehicle to drive on.

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 3:49am On Jan 20, 2020
To the chap that wants to stay indoors for safety, I hope a fully loaded granite truck doesn’t come knocking like this one I took a picture of between Ijebu Ode and Ikorodu two days ago.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Ebenezar2020(m): 4:15am On Jan 20, 2020
Ademoore07:
Very bad news. One of my juniors was involved.
he died?
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Ebenezar2020(m): 4:16am On Jan 20, 2020
Wizzz1:
1. Avoid following heavy duty vehicles at close range.

2. Avoid driving beside them when driving on a road with pot holes. Something might fall on you. embarassed angry

3. Thirdly avoid being between two heavy duty vehicles on a highway or traffic jam, if their bake fails you will be sandwiched.

4. Keep your hands on the horn till you complete the overtake.

Be safe.
you're so endowed with wisdom and experience bro.
Very Very true.
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Fourwinds: 5:10am On Jan 20, 2020
StarUp:
This is why I always thank drivers when I alight from vehicles... How can you follow a truck bumper to bumper on a hilly road?
on many occasions , i have warned bikemen and drivers concerning this very thing.... Following a vehicle bumper to bumper doesnt add advantage to your journey rather endanger you especially a hilly road... Imagine following a truck or trailer like that

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Fourwinds: 5:25am On Jan 20, 2020
Groovy1993:
I'm sure those dead bodies have been robbed of their valuables already.
Oturugbeke
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Mightyhaiz: 5:29am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

That’s called jackknifing and the driver didn’t do it intentionally.
Jackknifing yes,... Unintentional? Nope.

Drivers intentionally make a jackknife in such situation to halt movement..

Thanks for your input sir.
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 5:35am On Jan 20, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
Jackknifing yes,... Unintentional? Nope.

Drivers intentionally make a jackknife in such situation to halt movement..

Thanks for your input sir.

You went from not knowing what a jackknife was to an expert cheesy

I went to an international truck driving school and I’m still carry a commercial truck license in two states in the USA.

No one jackknifes on purpose or is trained to do so. It’s simply a result of direction difference between two joined vehicles.

You don’t have to thank me, I’m immune.
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Viktorino: 6:21am On Jan 20, 2020
You need checkup
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Don't be scared of death. Even next three weeks am going to Abuja from Benin city to rectify my passport issue because have been banned from entering Dubai. And i will be using God is good Moto. So anything can happen to me on my way to Abuja. Am not scared niggarrr. Infact am going to book front seat because i heard front seat is dangerous. I repeat am not scared.
Let me tell you a secret niggarrr

For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to die
Death is only the beginning
We were born to die.

Like i will always say: The only prayer we should be praying as real niggarrrz is for us to smoke enough weed, drink enough beer, bang enough pussy and make some dope money before we die
Right now am in play house in Benin city drinking enough beer
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:00am On Jan 20, 2020
Mightyhaiz:
I didt know what a jackknife was and yet I perfectly described it for the benefit of laymen.. Stuff your stupid ego trip up your stupid ass.

And get lost from the mentions sir smiley

Temper temper grin

You ran up to search online and latched on to the first explanation you saw which was Wikipedia. Which is wrong and incomplete.

I won’t go down the rabbit hole of exchanging lame juvenile insults with you because I’m a bigger and better person than you’ll ever be and also realize that you don’t hold the monopoly on childish tantrums.
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 7:13am On Jan 20, 2020
KenModi:
[s][/s]

Nope! Nigeria’s driving and vehicle monitoring system needs a total overhaul; both infrastructure and personnel wise.

Road safety corps or whatever they are called should be disbanded as they are totally useless.

If there was a proper system of learning how to driving, with proper examination and certification conducted. You would not need road safety. I have never seen road safety in the abroad. The police has got that job covered.

Proper vehicle verification and road worthiness checking system should be put in place to ensure all vehicles (irrespective of the size or brand) is absolutely road worthy.

Severe punishments should be meted out to those who go against the system, breaking the law and causing accidents, no matter how small it is (even is na just small scratch).

For example temporarily confiscating the driver’s license of those involved in accidents and permanently withholding and banning for life (from driving) those involved in accidents which result in death or loss of lives.

This is how oyibo people do it hence accidents are very minimal and almost a rare occurrence.

But in Nigeria people just enter road without any form of training, no drivers’s license and oftentimes with anyhow cars.

And then we can’t wait to thank God and share photos on social media when accidents occur.

We Nigerians have got a very very long way to go to even get close to being serious about progress and development.
what you have said does not make what I have said wrong.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by laivwire(m): 7:22am On Jan 20, 2020
foleskay:

Wow. Were you injured or what? How many casualties?
I suffered whiplash and a neck sprain. Driver, front passenger and 2 rear passengers didn't make it.

Fortunately I was seating in the middle
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by olalekan9320(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2020
StarUp:
This is why I always thank drivers when I alight from vehicles... How can you follow a truck bumper to bumper on a hilly road?
I don't know what happen but to overtake a truck on that road you have to follow bumper to bumper
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by ZooOga: 8:30am On Jan 20, 2020
Driving: No more for illiterate minds

January 20, 2020 in Motoring

https://thenationonlineng.net/driving-no-more-for-illiterate-minds/

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by JAWBONE(m): 9:00am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

1) First picture shows a California Highway Patrol Police Officer performing a field inspection. As in pull over a truck on the side of the road (they have safe stretches earmarked for that). He’ll check important stuff and if it fails the trucks not going anywhere.

2) Second picture shows a truck scale where trucks get weighed. If you’re overweight then you’re not leaving the scales. Period.

We have such a long way to go that as a recent returnee that came back home after 33 years I know we’ll never get there at this rate.

I drove from Ijebu Ode to Ibadan yesterday. I followed a rickety commercial bus that had no rear lights, grossly overloaded to a police checkpoint. The driver handed the police guy N500, police guy gave him change and off they went. In broad daylight. When I got to him he asked me for my tint permit. Yes, it’s his right to ask me for tint permit, which I have, but it’s ridiculous in the sense that he just passed a clearly unroadworthy vehicle to drive on.

Speechless. Things like this makes you wonder if there is any value placed on the life of the average Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Amsickindahead: 9:23am On Jan 20, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
Don't be scared of death. Even next three weeks am going to Abuja from Benin city to rectify my passport issue because have been banned from entering Dubai. And i will be using God is good Moto. So anything can happen to me on my way to Abuja. Am not scared niggarrr. Infact am going to book front seat because i heard front seat is dangerous. I repeat am not scared.

We were born to die.

Like i will always say: The only prayer we should be praying as real niggarrrz is for us to smoke enough weed, drink enough beer, bang enough pussy and make some dope money before we die
Baddest niggar ever liveth.
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:30am On Jan 20, 2020
JAWBONE:

Speechless. Things like this makes you wonder if there is any value placed on the life of the average Nigerian

The thing that gets to me is that they all know the right things to do. They all travel overseas. I’ve met sitting politicians, army and police on vacation, civil servant on vacation in the USA.
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 9:33am On Jan 20, 2020
olalekan9320:

I don't know what happen but to overtake a truck on that road you have to follow bumper to bumper

I’ve driven Oyo to Ogbomosho stretch twice in the past few months. What I do is not to follow closely. Not just that it’s unsafe to follow closely but you can’t see the gigantic potholes in order to avoid them. I just hang back let others go until I have a clear sight.

The minister of transportation should hand his head in shame that such death trap roads exist in Nigeria in 2020. And we have the money and unemployed labor to fix them.

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by babaireti(m): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2020
Innallillahi wa'innailahi roojihuuna
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by tomgab(m): 10:05am On Jan 20, 2020
Sad news, I lost a friend to this accident.
He was so nice
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 10:35am On Jan 20, 2020
StarUp:

Rather thank God.

No matter how careful a driver is, he is not prone to accidents.

Some madmen may run into his path.

I remembered driving to Lagos from Ibadan. The road was narrow but had traffic going opposite ways. My lane was moving slowly while the other lane was moving freely. Suddenly, I heard a screech of tyres ahead. One madman who was on our lane had moved into the free moving lane withour checking first. A truck was moving quickly through the free lane and on seeing the car of the madman, he swerved onto my own lane just to avoid that madman. The bus in front of me took a slight bashing before the truck driver swerved back onto his lane and then collided with the car of the madman, dragging it through the road. We just thank God it was not a truck loaded with oil. No one died.
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Chummynoni(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2020
i served in kaiama local government in Kwara State. this road was in a pitiable state and it is disheartening that it is still like that. its a one lane road and death is lurking all around the road because this road will definitely turn you to someone that can percieve death. the road is so tiny, unsmooth and full of curves. i thank God for keeping me thruuout my days plying that road. rip to the dead
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by oobinna: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

We were born to die.

There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is destruction. Yea death is an inevitable end but the worst that can happen to you is if you die in your sins. I love you, but CHRIST loves you more
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Rozaytee: 11:14am On Jan 20, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

We were born to die.

hilarious
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by midehi2(f): 11:32am On Jan 20, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

We were born to die.

shocked shocked

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by WisemasterBizWd: 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
Sad news I Lost a childhood friend in this accident named Bilikisu a 500l chemistry student in lautech. Rest in peace dear.�

1 Like

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by MrRichieMoney(m): 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2020
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr

We were born to die.

you just spoilt this your wonderful right up with you last two paragraph
Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by Ucee1999: 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
Obara Jesus

Re: Truck Crushes 13 Passengers On Ogbomoso-Ilorin Expressway (Disturbing Photos) by olalekan9320(m): 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve driven Oyo to Ogbomosho stretch twice in the past few months. What I do is not to follow closely. Not just that it’s unsafe to follow closely but you can’t see the gigantic potholes in order to avoid them. I just hang back let others go until I have a clear sight.

The minister of transportation should hand his head in shame that such death trap roads exist in Nigeria in 2020. And we have the money and unemployed labor to fix them.
You are right, minister of transportation? I guess he doesn't know such route exist, these ministers will continue to fly rather than move by road, that's the reason there are several airports in the north

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing / Introduction Letter To UK Embassy / Lockdown: I Went Around Lagos (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.