Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) (38286 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US / 7,200 Joysticks Found In A Ship From Nigeria, Impounded In China - FFK / Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by IbadanNews: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2020
Unnecesary tho.... just dey give people wahala.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Mynd44: 7:18am On Jan 20, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Mtchew as if there is proper provision for parking
Una country just they Taya me more and more every day
This was done at night meaning the owners are probably in their homes or at a relaxation centre. Why can't people park inside their houses? Or the car park of whatever place you went to?
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Cantonese: 7:20am On Jan 20, 2020
Please extend that move to Ajegunle, Agege, Okokomaiko, Amukoko, Badagry express road, Oshodi express road, Oworonshoki/Bariga/Shomolu, Festac, Apapa, Orile.

Remember to tow away danfo buses as you carry out the task and then let's see the images and results.

Cheers
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Amotekun777: 7:20am On Jan 20, 2020
DaBullIT:
If we want to be like saner climes , we really need to do some INSANE things

This is one of them , although it should have been done professionally without major damage to towed vehicles, and if there's an impound , security should be there to ensure the place is not looted

You mean insane to Nigerians NOT civilised folks.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by tomdon(m): 7:21am On Jan 20, 2020
Just
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:22am On Jan 20, 2020
Sunofgod:
Look at how they are damaging vehicles....

No vehicle is being damaged. It is a simple tow mechanism

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:24am On Jan 20, 2020
IbadanNews:
Unnecesary tho.... just dey give people wahala.

Very necessary. This is how it is done in Saner climes aka USA, UK, France and even Canada.

If a car is noticed parked for too long in a non designated parking area it is towed away to the impound lot

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:25am On Jan 20, 2020
abumeinben:
Good..

Landlords wey nor provide parking space sef dem spose arrest them.

The building plan should never have been approved.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:25am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

No vehicle is being damaged. It is a simple tow mechanism

Trust me, vehicles are being damaged.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:28am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Trust me, vehicles are being damaged.

Trust me they are not being damaged. The tow hitch is always attached to the steel frame of the vehicle. The little tire you see in front of the hitch is just to protect the bumper which is plastic and will only compress a bit but will return to form once the hitch is removed.

This may not be the regular tow hitch you may be used to abroad which is automated but it is equally as effective

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by IbadanNews: 7:29am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Very necessary. This is how it is done in Saner climes aka USA, UK, France and even Canada.

If a car is noticed parked for too long in a non designated parking area it is towed away to the impound lot

Okay. Does the owner pay to get it back?
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:29am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Trust me they are not being damaged. The tow hitch is always attached to the steel frame of the vehicle. The little tire you see in front of the hitch is just to protect the bumper which is plastic and will only compress a bit but will return to form once the hitch is removed.

This may not be the regular tow hitch you may be used to abroad which is automated but it is equally as effective

Forget abroad. Vehicles are being damaged.

I’ve had Primera and X5 towed, all had damage. I inspected the two rig and the system and there’s no way vehicles won’t be damaged by them.

I’m partnering with someone to construct a flat bad here. It’s the only way for Nigerian roads.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2020
IbadanNews:

Okay. Does the owner pay to get it back?

Yes they do with proof of identification. However you will be foolish to go repark it in same spot

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:30am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Vehicles are not being damaged. You can keep trying to deceive yourself with that thought

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Magicians: 7:31am On Jan 20, 2020
Is that how u park indiscriminately along the road in the USA n Europe you compare Nigeria to or so govt provide respite for senseless parking over there ?!
punisha:
sad

Unlike d last time, I didn't read that this was a car stand... Shouldn't there be some guidelines for this exercise? It appears even temporarily parked are also towed in order to make extra cash.

This is commendable, but will only bring suffering upon innocently affected people as no where is safe to park your vehicle in Lagos even when structures ain't built with parking garages in Nigeria or paid parking system which is another revenue generating system for the govt, made available to Lagosians.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by franchasng: 7:32am On Jan 20, 2020
Cantonese:
Please extend that move to Ajegunle, Agege, Okokomaiko, Amukoko, Badagry express road, Oshodi express road, Oworonshoki/Bariga/Shomolu, Festac, Apapa, Orile.

Remember to tow away danfo buses as you carry out the task and then let's see the images and results.

Cheers
Sorry, they won't go to those places because it is for Omoniles and sorry they won't tow Danfos because they are paddy to lastma and Taskforce Police.

This is only meant to milk average Nigerians who own a car but have no connection to somebody in government, Police, Army, etc.

It is never meant to truly clean up entire Lagos
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:33am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Vehicles are not being damaged. You can keep trying to deceive yourself with that thought

I don’t deceive myself, that’s counter intuitive. I’m not even sure why a grown man will type that out.

I stand with my own reality.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:33am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve had Primera and X5 towed, all had damage. I inspected the two rig and the system and there’s no way vehicles won’t be damaged by them.

I’m partnering with someone to construct a flat bad here. It’s the only way for Nigerian roads.

You always have an alleged experience to back up your detest for anything Nigerian.

I have also had tow experience with zero damage. Perhaps touts and not professionals did your towing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:34am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t deceive myself, that’s counter intuitive. I’m not even sure why a grown man will type that out.

I stand with my own reality.

Good thing it's your alleged reality. Mine was very pleasant with no damage done or attempted

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Seun4FastLoans(f): 7:35am On Jan 20, 2020
Okay

By the way, if you own a good business and you run a bank account for the business or a salary earner you can check below my comment and contact me for quick loans without collateral.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

You always have an alleged experience to back up your detest for anything Nigerian.

I have also had tow experience with zero damage. Perhaps touts and not professionals did your towing

I’m unashamed that I have experiences. Maybe you should get out more?

I love Nigeria and have respect for a lot of things Nigerian.

There’s no way there won’t be damage but I understand why you won’t see damage because you’re probably used to subpar work. I’m not.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:37am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Good thing it's your alleged reality. Mine was very pleasant with no damage done or attempted

So why quote me and try to shove your reality down my throat?

I’m not the only person that realizes vehicles are being damaged yet it’s my username that you latch onto.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by nedekid: 7:37am On Jan 20, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
My Benz G wagon 2019 model was towed front of eko hotel.. one phone call I made, they retowed the car back to where they picked it from..

I hate nonsense
Once you are big, you are big!
Bigboy! grin

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:38am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’m unashamed that I have experiences. Maybe you should get out more?

I love Nigeria and have respect for a lot of things Nigerian.

There’s no way there won’t be damage but I understand why you won’t see damage because you’re probably used to subpar work. I’m not.

Only subpar work is what you allegedly experienced and caused your damage.

Likei said, professionals handled mine in this same Nigeria with same tow hitch as seen in the OP and it was damage free with none attempted.

And FYI just like you, I hold a blue paper so I also speak as someone who goes out a lot

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Only subpar work is what you allegedly experienced and caused your damage.

Likei said, professionals handled mine in this same Nigeria with same tow hitch as seen in the OP and it was damage free with none attempted.

And FYI just like you, I hold a blue paper so I also speak as someone who goes out a lot

What blue paper? Is it something that’s supposed to impress me or change my reality?

The pictures shown of the rushed tow jobs will have vehicle damage.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

So why quote me and try to shove your reality down my throat?

I’m not the only person that realizes vehicles are being damaged yet it’s my username that you latch onto.

You made it sound like it is a general expectation that all cars towed this way do get damaged and I said no and that it depends on who is hitching the tow. A tout or a pro

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 20, 2020
DonFreshmoney:
My Benz G wagon 2019 model was towed front of eko hotel.. one phone call I made, they retowed the car back to where they picked it from..

I hate nonsense

You don't even have common bicycle talk less of Benz g wagon
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:41am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

What blue paper? Is it something that’s supposed to impress me or change my reality?

The pictures shown of the rushed tow jobs will have vehicle damage.

So still images can tell you if the tow jobs were rushed or not? I thought videos are the ones capable of showing action and confirming rush or not. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:42am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

You made it sound like it is a general expectation that all cars towed this way do get damaged and I said no and that it depends on who is hitching the tow. A tour or a pro

We’re specifically discussing the pictures posted on this thread and the narrative of the story.

That and based on my own personal experience convinced me that vehicles are being damaged.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:44am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

So still images can tell you if the tow jobs were rushed or not? I thought videos are the ones capable of showing action and confirming rush or not. undecided

For you maybe.

For me, I can decipher rush jobs based on the storyline in the press.

“ owners of the vehicles who attempted to drive away some of the vehicles while being towed”

Do realize that I have no interest in convincing you of anything. Zero interest.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:47am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

We’re specifically discussing the pictures posted on this thread and the narrative of the story.

That and based on my own personal experience convinced me that vehicles are being damaged.

Pictures cannot show you if damage is being done based on the OP. Only a video can do that. Do any of the pictures in the OP specifically show damage?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Pictures cannot show you if damage is being done based on the OP. Only a video can do that. Do any of the pictures in the OP specifically show damage?

Again, your reality. Stick to it.

The other poster and I will stick to ours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afolabi Akanni Not Dead As DSS Produces ‘Dead’ Lawmaker Alive (PHOTO) / Buhari Set To Increase Workers' Salaries - Daily Times / El-rufai Wears Igbo Attire, Receives Chieftaincy Title (PHOTOS/VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.