Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) (38288 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US / 7,200 Joysticks Found In A Ship From Nigeria, Impounded In China - FFK / Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Basher8583: 8:29am On Jan 20, 2020
punisha:
sad

Unlike d last time, I didn't read that this was a car stand... Shouldn't there be some guidelines for this exercise? It appears even temporarily parked are also towed in order to make extra cash.

This is commendable, but will only bring suffering upon innocently affected people as no where is safe to park your vehicle in Lagos even when structures ain't built with parking garages in Nigeria or paid parking system which is another revenue generating system for the govt, made available to Lagosians.

Must you drive?
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by dayo8080(m): 8:35am On Jan 20, 2020
There is high probability of causing damage with this style of towing. I had to tell them to stop jacking up the car, when the bumper almost break. We had to remove the bumper before towing it.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Emir01: 8:46am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Show me the damage from the pics
I hope your phone is bright enough

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2020
Emir01:

I hope your phone is bright enough

Are you ubtuse?

I just told you that no bottom tow hitch can damage your windscreen.

What you have there is either something or someone hit your screen and it is not a bottom tow hitch which is rigid.

Was your car towed from the top? Can you not see that what is on your windscreen is an indented smash which is typical of a stick or rock?
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Emir01: 9:05am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Are you ubtuse?

I just told you that no bottom tow hitch can damage your windscreen.

What you have there is either something or someone hit your screen and it is not a bottom tow hitch which is rigid.

Was your car towed from the top? Can you not see that what is on your windscreen is an indented smash which is typical of a stick or rock?

Am not arguing anything with you because it has no benefit to d damage, just trying to share what transpired for people to know. The car wasn't tow in my present. We were arrested and put inside black maria van and drove to Oshodi, when I bailed myself I went back to check the car at Sura finding out that d windscreen was broken and we were told after d bail to come back to collect fine ticket today.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by OnyesomJ(m): 9:05am On Jan 20, 2020
I thought they were cleaning the Cars for Free grin
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 9:13am On Jan 20, 2020
Emir01:

Am not arguing anything with you because it has no benefit to d damage, just trying to share what transpired for people to know. The car wasn't tow in my present. We were arrested and put inside black maria van and drove to Oshodi, when I bailed myself I went back to check the car at Sura finding out that d windscreen was broken and we were told after d bail to come back to collect fine ticket today.

Then I am letting you know that it was not the tow hitch that broke your windscreen in that manner.

You made your initial post with the presentation as if it was the tow hitch that broke it
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by shogsman(m): 9:20am On Jan 20, 2020
DaBullIT:
If we want to be like saner climes , we really need to do some INSANE things

This is one of them , although it should have been done professionally without major damage to towed vehicles, and if there's an impound , security should be there to ensure the place is not looted

Impounding vehicles is not drastic or insane,it's your environment that makes you think it is.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Emir01: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Then I am letting you know that it was not the tow hitch that broke your windscreen in that manner.

You made your initial post with the presentation as if it was the tow hitch that broke it
The argument was that, were cars damage or not, and the answer is YES. What now damage it if it was not their violent way of tow?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 9:32am On Jan 20, 2020
Emir01:

The argument was that, were cars damage or not, and the answer is YES. What now damage it if it was not their violent way of tow?

The argument was "did the tow hitch method used damage vehicles" and not your version

A tow hitch cannot damage your windscreen Mr. Get over it
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by drmikeadams(m): 10:18am On Jan 20, 2020
eduman365:
All the things Ambode stopped to relieve stress in Lagos, Sanwo is now bringing back.

I had to pay 20k last week to LASG task force at Oshodi just cos I dropped off someone, whereas the danfo buses parked there were left alone cos NURTW is their padi...
grin grin God bless ambo ...na government of extortion we enter now
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by qtx(m): 10:40am On Jan 20, 2020
y ikoyi/vi only? bc you know fewer cars parked recklessly. go to mainland and try it and see whether you will find the staff strength to do the toeing talkless of the space to park the cars.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Cantonese: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2020
franchasng:
Sorry, they won't go to those places because it is for Omoniles and sorry they won't tow Danfos because they are paddy to lastma and Taskforce Police.

This is only meant to milk average Nigerians who own a car but have no connection to somebody in government, Police, Army, etc.

It is never meant to truly clean up entire Lagos

Abi? So what do you think they are driving at?
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by franchasng: 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cantonese:

Abi? So what do you think they are driving at?

they want to increase IGR for Tinubu's 2023 Presidential ambition
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Cantonese: 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
franchasng:
they want to increase IGR for Tinubu's 2023 Presidential ambition

Hahahahahahahaha. Are you an insider? Do not tell me that you are a prophet please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by kelvxyn: 2:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
And it's apparent u r pained.
Smellingrillmea:

Its obvious you don't have a car
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by tck2000(m): 3:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
DaBullIT:
If we want to be like saner climes , we really need to do some INSANE things

This is one of them , although it should have been done professionally without major damage to towed vehicles, and if there's an impound , security should be there to ensure the place is not looted
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by IbadanNews: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Yes they do with proof of identification. However you will be foolish to go repark it in same spot

Okay. Thank you.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mynd44:

This was done at night meaning the owners are probably in their homes or at a relaxation centre. Why can't people park inside their houses? Or the car park of whatever place you went to?

you are just too rude and mannerless the way you jump on thread and lock it without explanation, are you paying me? you are not different to Nigerian police , more like a dictator!
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by suremanpatriot: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
...provide parkin space for tax payers?stop creatin opportunity for lawless taskforce characters undecided
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Legendguru: 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 3:18am On Jan 21, 2020
GOOD DEVELOPMENT....
But they really need a better towing vehicle. cheesy

Eko Oni Baje!

>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Attack Ongoing In A Village Near Chibok / Fayose Slams Buhari-Arrest Boko Haram Not Dasuki / Why Was Ojukwu Given A State Burial By Nigerian Government?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.