Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,792 members, 7,813,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) (38284 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu: Why My Jaguar Car Was Impounded In The US / 7,200 Joysticks Found In A Ship From Nigeria, Impounded In China - FFK / Ikoyi, Victoria Island Clean-Up Begins, 36 Vehicles Impounded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

For you maybe.

For me, I can decipher rush jobs based on the storyline in the press.

“ owners of the vehicles who attempted to drive away some of the vehicles while being towed”

Do realize that I have no interest in convincing you of anything. Zero interest.

If a vehicle is already on the Hitch and lifted and an owner attempts to drive it away then it is not the hitch that damaged the vehicle but the owner who attempted driving it away while already hitched. Even you should know this.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Twy: 7:49am On Jan 20, 2020
sharone21:
Nigerians can be annoying in terms of parking cars on the streets/roads as some (apart from other reasons) will not build big enough compounds to cater for their cars.

However, this exercise will cause more pains on Nigerians....
Yes, but sometimes it is not about compound. Rich people buy too many cars. Some who have no children at home still.have three or more cars. Some cars are their business cars or car for sales and some parked because of safety. The estate I leave, there is no parking for guest because cars are packed everywhere.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:50am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Again, your reality. Stick to it.

The other poster and I will stick to ours.

Did any of the pictures in the OP show damage?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by olax02(m): 7:50am On Jan 20, 2020
Well, the clean up is okay atleast it will enable free movement of vehicles; but it should be done in a proper manner without causing damages to the cars.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Emir01: 7:51am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

No vehicle is being damaged. It is a simple tow mechanism
My car windscreen was broken. People were beaten and put in a black maria.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:51am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

If a vehicle is already on the Hitch and lifted and an owner attempts to drive it away then it is not the hitch that damaged the vehicle but the owner who attempted driving it away while already hitched. Even you should know this.

Interestingly enough, my quote wasn’t to justify damage cool
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 20, 2020
Thread derailed
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:52am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Interestingly enough, my quote wasn’t to justify damage cool

Oh really? Yet you just had to say

For you maybe.

For me, I can decipher rush jobs based on the storyline in the press.

“ owners of the vehicles who attempted to drive away some of the vehicles while being towed”

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:54am On Jan 20, 2020
Emir01:

Broken by a bottom tow hitch? Tell that lie to the marines

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:54am On Jan 20, 2020
Emir01:

Not only that Sir, if you’re car was lifted with their mechanism then your front bumper inner support will be crushed.

Also the wheels are never lifted high enough and will make contact at some point.

The damaged won’t be visible quickly and may manifest in the near future.

Sorry for your plight and I hope you got everything sorted.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:56am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Oh really? Yet you just had to say

For you maybe.

Yes, for me. I’m only responsible for what I type, not how it’s misconstrued grin
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by punisha: 7:56am On Jan 20, 2020
If you didn't have problems with reading maybe you won't ask incredibly stupiid questions.

Magicians:
Is that how u park indiscriminately along the road in the USA n Europe you compare Nigeria to or so govt provide respite for senseless parking over there ?!

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 7:56am On Jan 20, 2020
DaBullIT:
If we want to be like saner climes , we really need to do some INSANE things

This is one of them , although it should have been done professionally without major damage to towed vehicles, and if there's an impound , security should be there to ensure the place is not looted

If they want to be like saner climes they shud fix the damn roads and monitor traffic, yesterday there was no lasma official at the lekki T junction after 2nd round about to Control movement and an unnecessary traffic built up due to peoples impatience. They were all busy towing cars that aren’t disturbing anyone on a less busy weekend day. How do these current Lagos state government think.

Bunch of non performing, incompetent and clueless sadist.

3 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by RZArecta(m): 7:57am On Jan 20, 2020
DaBullIT:
[s]If we want to be like saner climes , we really need to do some INSANE things

This is one of them , although it should have been done professionally without major damage to towed vehicles, and if there's an impound , security should be there to ensure the place is not looted[/s]
have you been to any “saner climes” before ? Stop deceiving people, those vehicles would have been issued parking tickets which the drivers know they must respect
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Did any of the pictures in the OP show damage?

I believe you still have access to the pics? wink
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2020
jaxxy:

If they want to be like saner climes they shud fix the damn roads and monitor traffic, yesterday there was no lasma official at the lekki T junction after 2nd round about to Control movement and an unnecessary traffic built up due to peoples impatience. They were all busy towing cars that aren’t disturbing anyone on a less busy weekend day. How do these current Lagos state government think.

Bunch of non performing and clueless sadist.

Yeah, we really need to stop putting the carts ahead of the horses.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2020
author=EgunMogaji2 post=85948002]

Not only that Sir, if you’re car was lifted with their mechanism then your front bumper inner support will be crushed.

False because the pressure is in the lift from the bottom and not in the front which is a pull and not a push

Also the wheels are never lifted high enough and will make contact at some point.

Again false because there is always at least a 1 to 2 feet clearance from the ground.

The damaged won’t be visible quickly and may manifest in the near future

Wrong. Any damage done to a rigid frame will be detectable immediately.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 7:59am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I believe you still have access to the pics? wink

Show me the damage from the pics
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 7:59am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Show me the damage from the pics

Sorry but I’m not here to cater to your whims and especially don’t take instructions from you wink
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry but I’m not here to cater to your whims and especially don’t take instructions from you wink

Means you have none. Prove me wrong if indeed the pics show damage to the vehicles
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

False because the pressure is in the lift from the bottom and not in the front which is a pull and not a push

Again false because there is always at least a 1 to 2 feet clearance from the ground.

Wrong. Any damage done to a rigid frame will be detectable immediately.

I was suspicious before but have now confirmed it.

Here’s where I get off the bus cheesy

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 8:03am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Yeah, we really need to stop putting the carts ahead of the horses.

The governor doesn’t know what he’s doing and I even voted ecstatically for him. The deputy hazmat is a much more sound person just like fashola. I’m hoping i won’t regret it.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Emir01: 8:04am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

Broken by a bottom tow hitch? Tell that lie to the marines
Check

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:04am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Please do because you have been badly incoherent trying to declare something you cannot even vaguely defend
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2020
Emir01:

Check

You don't get it do you?

No bottom tow hit can smash your windscreen. Was the tow hitched at the top?

Something else or someone hit that screen and it was no fault of the tow hitch
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:09am On Jan 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

This guy claims his vehicle was towed with same hitch. Can you show me his bumper or front damage?

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by EgunMogaji2: 8:14am On Jan 20, 2020
jaxxy:

The governor doesn’t know what he’s doing and I even voted ecstatically for him. The deputy hazmat is a much more sound person just like fashola. I’m hoping i won’t regret it.

I don’t even just blame the governor’s. They are surrounded by teams of people who should know.

It always seems to me that they go after the weak in the society.
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by slimjohn2k5: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2020
Why at night
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by tojahh(m): 8:16am On Jan 20, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
Mtchew as if there is proper provision for parking
Una country just they Taya me more and more every day

Then go another country na.

A Nigerian can enter more than 17 countries without visa.... I don't know what you're waiting for.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Emir01: 8:18am On Jan 20, 2020
Blindersoff:

This guy claims his vehicle was towed with same hitch. Can you show me his bumper or front damage?
Kindly check the pictures in d news my car is that blue Corolla. Compare the plate number LSD 416FT
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:25am On Jan 20, 2020
Emir01:

Kindly check the pictures in d news my car is that blue Corolla. Compare the plate number LSD 416FT

I am not disputing this. Your allegation that it was the tow hitch that broke your windscreen is what I am saying is false
Re: Ikoyi/VI Clean-Up: 29 Vehicles Impounded In One Night (Photos) by poweredcom(m): 8:27am On Jan 20, 2020
Datas m.y brother car lol Dem don two am oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Assembles 12 Billionaires For Her Book Launch / Buhari Snubs Magu, Gets Senate Confirmation For 207 Appointees / El-rufai Wears Igbo Attire, Receives Chieftaincy Title (PHOTOS/VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.