Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:25 AM

Churches Should Stay Away From Politics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Should Stay Away From Politics (148 Views)

My Church Bazaar Is Mega Wealth, Stay Away If You Won’t Donate – Father Mbaka / All Churches Should Close Before 9am Today To Enable Members Go To The Bank / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches Should Stay Away From Politics by Ihenzy(m): 5:17am On Jan 20, 2020
CHURCHES SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM POLITICS
I nearly walked out of a church today, if not for the fear of God in me.
Pastors today are the elements sowing seed of hate among the Christians. It also pains me to see that people respect pastors more than their parents, teachers, husband and wife.
There was never a time miyetti Allah seek to have total control of Nigeria. The recent speech of the miyetti Allah on the south west security did not contain any context as such(you can prove me wrong). Going to church to tell your congregation such stir hate and anger.
Nigeria is neither a Christian nor an islamic country, it belongs to everybody. Christians always make it seems like the have monopoly in the country which is a wrong perception. From 1999 till date Christians have ruled the country more than any other religion but they always cry foul whenever another religion is serving. Go to churches today, they have turn the church to a place where they fault leaders of the opposite religion and praise and pray for their own which is doing bad believing he will come good soon.
Christianity has done more harm than good to Nigeria. Before christianity and Islam, there was never a religious conflict in Africa. Maybe we should return to our traditional doctrine as my lecturer said recently. Christians accept not only the Christian religion but they also accepted westernization and threw away their culture which is the reason why the society is full of social vices.
Churches should focus on praying for our leaders and teaching us how to live and love and stop spreading HATE SPEECH.
I am a 100% Christian but its high time we think as Nigerians.
I hardly write because am writing a book HUSTLE IN A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY. It may take long to be published but it will definitely be publish.
I am a Nigerian First before any other thing.
#IhenzyGroupInternational
Re: Churches Should Stay Away From Politics by galaxy2020(m): 5:40am On Jan 20, 2020
...and win souls for christ
Re: Churches Should Stay Away From Politics by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:01am On Jan 20, 2020
True that......in cases.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Churches Should Stay Away From Politics by Ngasky(m): 6:19am On Jan 20, 2020
If only our people use their reasoning capacity instead of sensational capacity.
Re: Churches Should Stay Away From Politics by xamuel17(m): 6:53am On Jan 20, 2020
tell them!

(1) (Reply)

The Dividing Line / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/01/19 / Suicide Bomber At Winners Chapel - Bishop Oyedepo Curses Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.