Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Proposed solution to Paypal As Regard Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Proposed solution to Paypal As Regard Nigeria (644 Views)

How To Withdraw Sweatcoin Money To Paypal / How Can One Receive Funds Via Paypal As A Business In Nigeria? / How To Link Payoneer Account To Paypal Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Proposed solution to Paypal As Regard Nigeria by Gazzy88(m): 8:35am On Jan 20, 2020
PayPal today is known to be the most popular payment channel for online transactions. Its acceptability globally in terms of online payment has to do with its numerous features which prevent frauds and scams, making it easier for buyers/senders to recover their fund when necessary. Many merchants also trust its service delivery due to its wider outreach.

Consequently, PayPal doesn't work outrightly in most countries which Nigeria is one of them. The reason has to do with the high level of scams in those domains which has resulted in loss of funds for PayPal itself thanks to its chargeback feature. However, users in those blacklisted countries can only send but can't receive payment via PayPal. Freelancers and internet marketers in those countries have been finding it difficult getting paid as many has resorted to using offshore accounts which get easily flagged down.

The biblical saying "when the sinners are suffering, the righteous also suffers" has come to play. There's no country that's wholly devoid of scams and frauds including Saudi Arabia and Vatican city, the holy lands. In this context, I guess PayPal with its action is being penny wise pound foolish especially in a country like Nigeria which has a swelling population of over 200m dwellers. I don't think PayPal itself has realized that they are losing a lot of money in commissions in Nigeria if they had not limit their service down here. We have many online workers in thousands (not fraudsters) doing freelance jobs in form of graphics designing, web development, article writing etc.

They need a rethink, seriously!

MY PROPOSED SOLUTION

PayPal can leverage on the newly introduced BVN scheme to verify accounts so as to curb frauds. With this, any perpetuated illegal acts can easily be traced and tracked down instead of obliviating the whole country from enjoying their service. If services like alibaba and aliexpress can function properly in Nigeria, I don't see reason why PayPal can't operate successfully. PayPal should take a cue from Payoneer unless there's a major reason aside those aforementioned that they are not disclosing out. Nigeria isn't the only bad boy.

Let 2020 bring a fruitful and painless PayPal for Nigeria.
Re: Proposed solution to Paypal As Regard Nigeria by Firstcitizen: 8:50am On Jan 20, 2020
grin is dat all
Re: Proposed solution to Paypal As Regard Nigeria by Sheriman(m): 10:28am On Jan 20, 2020
Gazzy88:
PayPal today is known to be the most popular payment channel for online transactions. Its acceptability globally in terms of online payment has to do with its numerous features which prevent frauds and scams, making it easier for buyers/senders to recover their fund when necessary. Many merchants also trust its service delivery due to its wider outreach.

Consequently, PayPal doesn't work outrightly in most countries which Nigeria is one of them. The reason has to do with the high level of scams in those domains which has resulted in loss of funds for PayPal itself thanks to its chargeback feature. However, users in those blacklisted countries can only send but can't receive payment via PayPal. Freelancers and internet marketers in those countries have been finding it difficult getting paid as many has resorted to using offshore accounts which get easily flagged down.

The biblical saying "when the sinners are suffering, the righteous also suffers" has come to play. There's no country that's wholly devoid of scams and frauds including Saudi Arabia and Vatican city, the holy lands. In this context, I guess PayPal with its action is being penny wise pound foolish especially in a country like Nigeria which has a swelling population of over 200m dwellers. I don't think PayPal itself has realized that they are losing a lot of money in commissions in Nigeria if they had not limit their service down here. We have many online workers in thousands (not fraudsters) doing freelance jobs in form of graphics designing, web development, article writing etc.

They need a rethink, seriously!

MY PROPOSED SOLUTION

PayPal can leverage on the newly introduced BVN scheme to verify accounts so as to curb frauds. With this, any perpetuated illegal acts can easily be traced and tracked down instead of obliviating the whole country from enjoying their service. If services like alibaba and aliexpress can function properly in Nigeria, I don't see reason why PayPal can't operate successfully. PayPal should take a cue from Payoneer unless there's a major reason aside those aforementioned that they are not disclosing out. Nigeria isn't the only bad boy.

Let 2020 bring a fruitful and painless PayPal for Nigeria.
Not only PayPal they have all labelled us a Fraudsters and Scammers.. our reputation has been damaged all around the world. It so sad Brother.. I got registered on Clickbank by my Elder Brother who is living in Australia because they don't allow Nigerians to register. could you still believe CLICKBANK block me last month for operating in NIGERIA.. they say I am using Nigeria IP address.. .. let all say no to Yahoo Yahoo!!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Start An Online Business With Your Smartphone....make 100k In A Week / Affordable, Reliable & Transparent (art) Data Deals / Paypal Withdrawal Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.