Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) (34023 Views)

Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots / Obaseki & Philip Shuaibu Visit Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Edo: PDP Leaders Meet Obaseki And His Deputy (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by Hier(m): 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by Novaccines: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
Wow
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oba of Lagos is the back door to Tinubus heart... Obaseki understand that theory
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by lizdammy: 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
Wow
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.THIS CAN'T SAVE YOU FROM AMBO TREATMENT. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by money121(m): 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
Ok
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by zoedew: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
So he can get Omo N’oba N’edo who owns Lagos Island and the Iga-Iduganran Palace involved in Edo politics to his advantage!
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by donsoronzo: 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
uruba23:
Why do I smell 2nd term agenda in this visit....I am sure Burdillion would be next.
U are right
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by CREIMEXAD: 5:17pm On Jan 20, 2020
sarrki:
Governor obaseki and his deputy shuaibu over the weekend paid a courtesy visit to the Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu olowo Eko.
Yea. thanks for sharing this. He was in Lagos for a Town hall meeting with Edo Indigenes in Lagos.
Details on that, here on Nairaland...here:
Photos from Governor Obaseki's Town hall meeting with Edo Indigenes in Lagos…by CREIMEXAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5641876/photos-governor-obasekis-townhall-meeting
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by MrMcJay(m): 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
Sense don dey fall on am
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by zoedew: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
sarrki:
I thought obaseki and shuaibu always say edo is not Lagos?

E be like say jungle don dey mature

Quite the contrary simply because Lagos Island belongs the Binis.
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by back2sender: 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2020
sarrki:
I thought obaseki and shuaibu always say edo is not Lagos?

E be like say jungle don dey mature
Jagaban
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by ttobizz(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oh! So much bitterness in one man.. o boy, at the rate you are going, third mainland bridge might just be your next option o

Witchersunited:
Carrying his deputy everywhere like homeless people, you are dead politically, I feel sorry for you, ambode got nothing on how your story will go, ungrateful goat, oshiomole moved heaven and Earth to make you governor, iyamo had more supporters and network, they did everything, forced you on people and you bit the finger that helped you, anybody that knows Edo politics knows what I'm saying, it's really painful to see, how this person was elevated to what he is now and he is acting like he got to where he is on his own, he didn't even talk during campaigns, it was oshiomole that kept telling people that they should vote him to continue his work

All the plaques of Egypt fall on your ungrateful head idiot

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by pongwa(m): 5:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
naptu2:

Did The Oba Of Lagos "Leave His Throne For Buhari" Yesterday? 

https://www.nairaland.com/5014316/did-oba-lagos-leave-throne
so it's true..
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by naptu2: 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
pongwa:
so it's true..

Read the post and look at the pictures, then you'll know whether it's true or not.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by zoedew: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
Witchersunited:
Carrying his deputy everywhere like homeless people, you are dead politically, I feel sorry for you, ambode got nothing on how your story will go, ungrateful goat, oshiomole moved heaven and Earth to make you governor, iyamo had more supporters and network, they did everything, forced you on people and you bit the finger that helped you, anybody that knows Edo politics knows what I'm saying, it's really painful to see, how this person was elevated to what he is now and he is acting like he got to where he is on his own, he didn't even talk during campaigns, it was oshiomole that kept telling people that they should vote him to continue his work

Isn’t political office essentially about serving the people maximally? The germane question should be- is he serving well as Governor of Edo State?That gratitude you talk about is the entrenchment of godfatherism which is one the reasons we have bad governance in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by pongwa(m): 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
naptu2:

Read the post, then you'll know whether it's true or not.
I read the post already. In fact that was why I typed that comment. Oba Akiolu vacated his throne for Buhari. It shouldn't be in Yoruba parlance except they wanna say Lagos is not a Yoruba state
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by naptu2: 5:31pm On Jan 20, 2020
pongwa:
I read the post already. In fact that was why I typed that comment. Oba Akiolu vacated his throne for Buhari. It shouldn't be in Yoruba parlance except they wanna say Lagos is not Yoruba

Then you didn't properly get the gist of the post. There are many of those kind of chairs at the palace. There was a rumour that the Oba vacated his throne for Buhari, but he didn't. He sat on the biggest throne.

There are usually 3 large chairs in palaces in Nigeria. This is so because the president of Nigeria might visit the palace. When this happens, the monarch sits on the throne in the centre, the president sits on a large chair at the side and the governor sits on another large chair at the other side. That's what happened.

Similarly, some people said that the Ooni of Ife vacated his throne for Adeboye, but that's not what happened. Go back to that thread and look at the pictures.

9 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by xrayj(m): 5:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Judeerons32:
When Oshiomhole picked and supported him against other qualified aspirants in 2016 that was not godfatherism abi.
Obaseki wants Oshiomhole to do the same thing again that is the quarrel. And you are shouting no to godfatherism.
Obaseki poor performance is his problem not Oshiomhole. With the money he has refused to share according to him what has he done in over 3years. No new health centres,no new schools,no new roads,no new jobs. Edo people are waiting for him at the ballot if he gets there.
Which Edo people are u talking about?
U are obviously not from Edo
Even Obaseki less than 4 years is better than oshiomhole 8 years. Go to Ekpoma, the major road has been tarred, a place oshiomhole abandoned all through his tenure. Oshiomhole even abandoned the state university to building another which is more of his private school in his place. Obaseki is touching all the regions in the state, no segregation. Free & fair election Obaseki will defeat any candidate Oshiomhole present.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by SirBunky85(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
zoedew:

Isn’t political office essentially about serving the people maximally? The germane question should be- is he serving well as Governor of Edo State?That gratitude you talk about is the entrenchment of godfatherism which is one the reasons we have bad governance in Nigeria.
is obaseki not a beneficiary of godfatherism?I hate hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by pongwa(m): 5:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
naptu2:

Then you didn't properly get the gist of the post. There are many of those kind of chairs at the palace. There was a rumour that the Oba vacated his throne for Buhari, but he didn't. He sat on the biggest throne.

There are usually 3 large chairs in palaces in Nigeria. This is so because the president of Nigeria might visit the palace. When this happens, the monarch sits on the throne in the centre, the president sits on a large chair at the side and the governor sits on another large chair at the other side. That's what happened.

Similarly, some people said that the Ooni of Ife vacated his throne for Adeboye, but that's not what happened. Go back to that thread and look at the pictures.
looking over the pictures carefully, this is what I deduced:
The throne Buhari sat on was the same one Oba Akiolu sat on when he hosted Emir of Kano. The seat the Emir occupied was the same one with that of the VP too. It means the throne has significance. My question now is whether the throne in the middle (first picture) occupied by Oba Akiolu has more significance than that of Buhari. That's what I need to clarify.
The ooni of Ife's case is well explained
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by specialbobby(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2020
Abeg my fellow people make una help una brother oo as life is getting harder man have been leaving on wifey 35k salary since 2019
Its very hard for me. Have been trying all my best not to sit at home but nothing show i even lean keke (Marwa) and have the lagos state riders card but no one to give me keke.
I am a cooking gas plant operator as well, i have 5years working experience with one of the cooking gas company in Nigeria.

Pls brother's and sisters i am not begin for money to eat pls i am looking for job or anyone that can assist me with business loan that i can pay back in lest than 5 month that i start my own cooking gas shop as i have already buy some equipment for it already from the savings i have during my working days..

Pls never mind my grammar as am not good in typing.
I am Basit shittu
Number 08142528nine zero two

Thanks for understanding..
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by naptu2: 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2020
pongwa:
looking over the pictures carefully, this is what I deduced:
The throne Buhari sat on was the same one Oba Akiolu sat on when he hosted Emir of Kano. The seat the Emir occupied was the same one with that of the VP too. It means the throne has significance. My question now is whether the throne in the middle (first picture) occupied by Oba Akiolu has more significance than that of Buhari. That's what I need to clarify.
The ooni of Ife's case is well explained

Like I said, the monarch sits on the biggest throne in the middle. Look at the height of the throne that the Oba sat on (the gold throne) and compare it with the throne that Buhari sat on. Also compare the size of the throne that the Oba sat on in 2015 with the size of the throne that Buhari sat on (that picture is further down in the thread).

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by juman(m): 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2020
Lagos!
Its only the state where their traditional rulers are member of a particular party.
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by osesology(m): 5:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
dukie25:
[s][/s]

We reject godfatherism.
Amen!
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by juman(m): 5:51pm On Jan 20, 2020
Governor obaseki should go and join another party.
APC would not give him another chance to mess them up the second time.

He can actually win the election if he perform well.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by Kul3ger(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20, 2020
Witchersunited:

People like this will still come out to speak against bad leadership..
Hediot
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by HAKYN1: 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2020
Edu3Again:
The most useless traditional ruler in Nigeria, Oba of Lagoon

He is the the most reasonable Oba in Yorubaland, he deflated the ego of the uncultured/ungrateful Osus in Lagos. Long live Olowo Eko

5 Likes

Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by zoedew: 5:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
SirBunky85:
is obaseki not a beneficiary of godfatherism?I hate hypocrites

He owes it a duty to Edo State citizenry where godfatherism is in the way of good governance to ditch same. This should not be viewed through the prism of political patronage simpliciter.
Re: Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) by Judeerons32: 6:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
U realize university of education ekiadolor,college of agriculture has been closed for over 2years. Which roads in Benin has he constructed not SEEFOR or nddc roads. Government agencies are headed by people from outside not even Binis. Which hospitals has he built. Were u in Benin during the rainy season? Do you think the binis are happy with the development level of his government in the area? Can you compare what Oshiomhole did in Benin to what Obaseki has done? If he cannot get the support of his own people.my brother no sentiment can save him. No need to argue 2020 is here already.
xrayj:

Which Edo people are u talking about?
U are obviously not from Edo
Even Obaseki less than 4 years is better than oshiomhole 8 years. Go to Ekpoma, the major road has been tarred, a place oshiomhole abandoned all through his tenure. Oshiomhole even abandoned the state university to building another which is more of his private school in his place. Obaseki is touching all the regions in the state, no segregation. Free & fair election Obaseki will defeat any candidate Oshiomhole present.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu: "I Am A Senior RCCG Pastor, I Preach Every Sunday" / Police Commence Disciplinary Action Against DPO Who Punched EndSARS Protester / Republic Of Benin Is Not Aspiring To Be Part Of Nigeria - MFA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.