Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots (16866 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Gives 10M Each To Wives Of Police Men Killed During EndSARS Riots / Sanwo-Olu Lifts Curfew Due To EndSARS Riots In Lagos / EndSARS Riots: Principal Of Queens School Enugu Sends SOS To Security Agencies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:59pm On Mar 23, 2022
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, has praised the Nigerian army for its intervention during #EndSARS protests despite sweeping criticisms of the latter for opening fire on unarmed protesters at Lekki Tollgate.

In October 2020, thousands of youth demonstrated across the country for days in protest against decades of police brutality and other human rights abuses by defunct police department tagged Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Mr Akinolu who hosted the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Farouk Yahaya, at his palace on Tuesday, said although several Nigerians criticised the army for shooting protesters, he appreciated their efforts.

“I appreciate the efforts of the Nigerian Army during the #EndSARS’ protest.

“Many people criticised them for coming out during the protest but it was good they came out when the police could no longer handle the situation,” he said.

The monarch’s comment is despite a report by the state Judicial Panel of Inquiry to investigate cases of brutality, which described the October 20, 2020 incident as a massacre.

The panel also established that the Nigerian military shot live bullets, killed several protesters, and took corpses away in their vans.

But Mr Akinolu argued that the military’s intervention cushioned the situation.

“The army’s intervention calmed the situation, and I also thank the almighty Allah that nobody died in the palace during the incident,” he said.

The Lagos monarch’s palace was in 2020 invaded by irate youths who accused him of hoarding palliatives meant for poor citizens.

Foodstuffs, starched hard currencies, staff of office, among other valuables were carted away from Mr Akiolu’s palace as he was chased away from his domain for months.

Meanwhile, the Chief of Army Staff, who was on an operational visit to Lagos to inaugurate some projects, said that his visit to the palace was to get royal blessings from the traditional ruler.

“I came to this palace to pay my respect and homage to the king before inaugurating the project in Isale-Eko.” he said.

https://gazettengr.com/oba-of-lagos-praises-army-for-shooting-endsars-protesters/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by LegendHero(m): 11:02pm On Mar 23, 2022

“Many people criticised them for coming out during the protest but it was good they came out when the police could no longer handle the situation,” he said.

“The army’s intervention calmed the situation, and I also thank the almighty Allah that nobody died in the palace during the incident,” he said.

Foolish Gazette again with their sensational headlines.

Above is the quote of the Oba of Lagos. Where did he praise the army for shooting protesters?

232 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Nendan: 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
Hnnmm
Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by donpapa(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Treasure17(m): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2022
Did you hoard palliatives or not Oba Rilwan?

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by MYND44issaSMOKER: 11:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
cheesy
Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by LegendHero(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2022
MYND44issaSMOKER:
Read the article again but this time unplug your A.P.C zombie brain and use your normal brain... cheesy

This is use of English.

Gazette carefully put quotation mark on the statement of the king. Except if you’re telling me the quotation mark means nothing in language.

It’s an insult that Meth addict like you will be questioning my intellect. Give the phone to the professors in your state and I will be sure to engage.

253 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by triple996(m): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Endsarz people grin

2 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Christistruth00: 11:23pm On Mar 23, 2022
There was an attempt to attack the Oba of Lagos that day

And Gazettee is a notorious fake news website

212 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by dele1727: 11:24pm On Mar 23, 2022
grin grin grin
Hypocrisy...

When the break down of civil order as we know it happens.. some will think it will only affect the elites...infact the common man will feel it the most...

I just pity the media houses... they should continue goading the people....with twisted headlines

Before anything happens to any elite...the common man will.have dealt with his or her neighbours

8 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by MYND44issaSMOKER: 11:25pm On Mar 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

There was an attempt to attack the Oba of Lagos that day
Oba wey hide palliatives...

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Typicool8(m): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2022
E still dey pain oba say them pursue am komot for palace cum disgrace am anyhow

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by qekng40(f): 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2022
Because they invaded where u hid palliatives meant for ordinary Nigerians ?

You're not a People's king but a Personal King!

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Christistruth00: 11:30pm On Mar 23, 2022
MYND44issaSMOKER:
Oba wey hide palliatives...

Stop lying the Palliatives were not held by the Oba but by the Local Govt, Senators and House of Representatives members

If you push me any further I will post the Audio of Nnamdi Kanu on Radio Biafra ordering IPOB to stone the Oba of Lagos

You know it is a very sensitive matter

212 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by PointZerom: 11:35pm On Mar 23, 2022
LegendHero:

Foolish Gazette again with their sensational headlines.

Above is the quote of the Oba of Lagos. Where did he praise the army for shooting protesters?

Honestly the free education from the Great Awo is a waste to some beneficiaries.

14 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by PointZerom: 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2022
Christistruth00:

Stop lying the Palliatives were not held by the Oba but by the Local Govt, Senators and House of Representatives members

If you push me any further I will post the Audio of Nnamdi Kanu on Radio Biafra ordering IPOB to stone the Oba of Lagos

You can as well post the threat of your Oba to throw Igbos into the lagoon if they refused to vote for Ambode.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by FreeStuffsNG: 11:39pm On Mar 23, 2022

The OP and the fake news purveyor and serial notorious blackmailer of Gazzette, obviously out to create and spread misinformation as against rule 8, has twisted the message.
Above is the quote by the Oba. He confirmed that nobody was dead as against the bursted Lekkilies and he commended the army for not allowing the hoodlums, ipob terrorists and their unpatriotic supporters from burning down Lagos completely.

PG founder was sacked from Premium times by his former employer, his blackmail case with Chief Onyeama of Air Peace is well known and his former bosses at Premium Times described him as dangerous to anyone and himself when allegedly it comes to lying and serial blackmailing of others.

This headling is misleading and should be edited by the mods to match the true quote of the Kabiyesi before pushing it to frontpage.
cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala

This is preposterous and unacceptable outright falsehood title! shocked
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

190 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Christistruth00: 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
PointZerom:

You can as well post the threat of your Oba to throw Igbos into the lagoon if they refused to vote for Ambode.

189 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:45pm On Mar 23, 2022
wailers..intellect with highest amount of Agberos

LegendHero:

This is use of English.

Gazette carefully put quotation mark on the statement of the king. Except if you’re telling me the quotation mark means nothing in language.

It’s an insult that Meth addict like you will be questioning my intellect. Give the phone to the professors in your state and I will be sure to engage.

8 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
shut up and do the needful fast. That igbos give instructions to our subordinates and I mean yerobas is God mandate ..see the young oduduwa kid that is the greatest so far.. See you worshipping former policeman.. hahahaha

Christistruth00:

11 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
He's not royal..He's a policeman, Tinubu from osun put him there

qekng40:
Because they invaded where u hid palliatives meant for ordinary Nigerians ?

You're not a People's king but a Personal King!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:51pm On Mar 23, 2022
dwelling on the past...This is your present tormentor ..town cryer

[quote author=Christistruth00 post=111309583][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by amuwo1980: 11:53pm On Mar 23, 2022
Afonjas , oh my God , no wonder all the west coast of africa are getting to know this ppl , I was shocked when a Gambian woman outlined the features of an afonja , evil ppl

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Christistruth00: 11:54pm On Mar 23, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
He's not royal..He's a policeman, Tinubu from osun put him there

The most important thing is that Nnamdi Kanu has been Captured and in locked in a Cage

By the way where is your Anambra Azusu River Massacre Judicial Panel Report we haven’t seen it yet and are still waiting for it

192 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:00am On Mar 24, 2022
good..I hope you know the most important thing is that after our ancestors witness you lose lokoja and ilorin,We are witnessing you lose not only Yewa and Igangan in the 21st century but more and more territories to go. It's a joy to watch..almighty yorubas fled to benin republic..almighty for nairaland

Christistruth00:

The most important thing is that Nnamdi Kanu has been Captured and in locked in a Cage

By the way where is your Anambra Azusu River Massacre Judicial Panel Report we haven’t seen it yet

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by christistruth01: 12:09am On Mar 24, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
good..I hope you know the most important thing is that after our ancestors witness you lose lokoja and ilorin,We are witnessing you lose not only Yewa and Igangan in the 21st century but more and more territories to go. It's a joy to watch..almighty yorubas fled to benin republic..almighty for nairaland

Are IPOB still butchering and eating their kinsmen as food in the South East ?

174 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:11am On Mar 24, 2022
ever heard any territory lost?..Ever heard igbos displaced to another country? I mean it's so bad that a yoruba pastor died(Joshua )..goan see what your tribes men of God did...fakers..I head south west is now south north west..Ask wakili

christistruth01:

Are IPOB still butchering and eating their kinsmen as food in the South East ?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by PointZerom: 12:19am On Mar 24, 2022
[quote author=Christistruth00 post=111309583][/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Rilwan Akiolu, Praises Army For Interventing During EndSARS Riots by Mofun: 2:25am On Mar 24, 2022
I think a king should rather be very selective in his choice of words because their words carry power (positive or negative). Kings are respected and should stay so. Hence they ought not to delight in stirring up controversies.

Well, you can count on us for your beautiful, functional and affordable architectural and interior designs. See more here: https://www.nairaland.com/6679289/more-theilda-concepts

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soludo Debunks News Of Gold Discovery In Anambra / Nkeiruka Onyejeocha: We Will Resume Payment Of Wage Award This Week / "I Am A Former Military Ruler, Now A Converted Democrat" - GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.