Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional (9908 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/08/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: THURSDAY 5TH OF NOVEMBER, 2020
THEME: FREEDOM FROM DEPRESSION II
MEMORISE:
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18
READ: Psalms 40:1-5
1. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
4. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
5. Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
Yesterday, we looked at how a relationship with Christ can drive depression away from a persons life. However, once in a while, Christians also get depressed. A Christian may get depressed when life's challenges make them lose sight of how great God is or how much He loves them. I have experienced this before. I was already the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God then, and the Church was growing, but somehow, I felt the people I was pastoring did not care about me. I felt I was labouring in prayers and fasting for them, but they didn't care, so I decided that I was going to resign as the General Overseer of the Church. With my decision made, I took a nap and when I woke, there was a young girl who had come to see me. She said God told her to come and give me a cake. I was so touched by that gesture that even though I don't like cake so much, I ate that one. Then God said I thought you said no one cared. I realized that I had paid so much attention to appreciation from the people that I did not remember how much God cares for and loves me. Now, when as a believer you are feeling depressed, what you need is to go deep into the presence of God because Psalm 16:11 says:
*“Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”*
You cannot be engulfed in the presence of God and not feel His love and care for you; that love you feel will bring joy to your soul. How can you get into the presence of God? Simple. Through praise and worship. David said in Psalms 100:4 that with thanksgiving, you enter into the gates of God and with praises, you enter into His courtyard. When you praise and worship God for a long period of time, you will feel His presence come down greatly and since in His presence there is fulness of joy, you will begin to feel a joy that is beyond understanding. That is why Isaiah 61:3 says a garment of praise will replace a spirit of heaviness:
*“To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness”*
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please give me a garment of praise in place of every heaviness in my heart.
HYMN 3:
Be Glad In The Lord and Rejoice
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: FRIDAY 6TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
THEME: GOD THINKS ABOUT YOU.
MEMORISE:
Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
Psalms 40:5
READ: Psalms 139:17-18 (KJV)
17. How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
18. If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand; when I awake, I am still with thee.
The sand at the beach is literally uncountable, yet the Lord says His precious thoughts outnumber them (Psalms 139:17-18).
That is how much God thinks about you and me. No one else will ever think about you that much – not your spouse, not your child, nobody.
Nobody will care about you as much as God – your perfect Heavenly Father thinks and cares about you. Isn’t that awesome? You may often hear voices in your head saying “No one is going to marry you, you are such a disaster, you are never going to be successful, you will always be at the same point, this sickness will kill you …” But NO!
The devil is a liar! Those are not the thoughts of God about you! He says in Jeremiah 29:11:
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.”
When you are a true child of the living God, He is always with you.
In Hebrews 13:5, He says:
“…I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
No matter what you may be going through, God is ever with you, able and willing to help. That is why Psalm 46:1 says:
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Do you know that as a true child of God you are a friend to Jesus? In John 15:14, He says:
“Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.”
Jesus loves you so much that He gave His very life for you. The Bible says in John 15:13 that:
“Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.”
The only way you can repay this love of God is to surrender all to Him and continue walking in His will. He thinks a lot about you, don’t disappoint Him.
REFLECTION:
Isn’t it great to know you are in Gods thoughts and that He wants the best for you always?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 24
HYMNAL 11: I AM SO GLAD THAT OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 7TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
THEME: DON’T MISS HEAVEN.
MEMORISE:
And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
Revelation 21:21
READ: John 14:1-3 (KJV)
1. Let not your heart be troubled; ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2. In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
No matter how beautiful any earthly city is, none is one-tenth as beautiful as heaven, and this is a fact.
Do you know any city with streets and highways of pure gold? The answer is No, however Revelation 21:21 says the streets of Heaven are made of pure gold.
Jesus says in John 14:2:
“In my Father’s house are many mansions…”

Many years ago, I had the privilege of seeing my mansion in Heaven. It was already as big as an entire city, yet it was still being built. I asked the angel taking me on a tour what I would need a mansion that big for and he said there was a room in it for each of my spiritual children whenever they came to visit.
I once heard the story of an old couple who died and went to Heaven. When the angel taking them round got to a place where food was stored, they were surprised to see all sorts of food there some of which their doctors had told them to stay away from on earth.
The man, surprised, asked if those food items were not dangerous to their health. The angel told them there are no health issues in Heaven.
The man turned to his wife in excitement and said “You should have let us eat whatever we wanted, so that we would have died and gotten here much earlier.”
If you love music, Heaven is the place where you can hear the best music ever. The angels have such melodious voices that we coined the phrase Angelic Voices. Their melody and harmony is so sweet and perfect that when you hear them, you would get lost in the music.
A long time ago, some of us were praying for an elder who was dying when he suddenly looked up and said “Oh what beautiful voices, oh what sweet music!” I knew he was hearing the angels singing to welcome him to Heaven, so we stopped praying and let him go.
In Heaven, there is no pain, no worries, just fun and worship to the Most High God. I am determined never to miss Heaven; I don’t know about you.
REFLECTION:
With the way you live your life now, are you on your way to Heaven or hell?
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 25
HYMNAL 27: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
THEME: CHRISTIAN DISCIPLESHIP (1).
MEMORISE:
But without a parable spake he not unto them: and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples. Mark 4:34

READ: Matthew 13:10-30 (KJV)
10. And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11. He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12. For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance; but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13. Therefore speak I to them in parables; because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive;
15. For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16. But blessed are your eyes, for they see; and your ears, for they hear.
17. For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
18. Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19. When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21. Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while; for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22. He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23. But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
24. Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field;
25. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28. He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29. But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30. Let both grow together until the harvest; and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them; but gather the wheat into my barn.
Discipleship covers both coaching and mentorship. It describes the relationship that exists between a mentor and his mentee, and also that of a coach and the one being coached.
Mentoring and coaching present rare privileges and should be handled carefully as the future of many are influenced thereby.
(1 Corinthians 11:1) says Christ must be the model for all Christian coaches and mentors. “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
What you say or do will have great impact on and can even shape the character of those within your sphere of influence. My strong adherence to holiness today is as a result of the teachings and lifestyle of my Father-in-theLord Pa Josiah Akindayomi.
If you would disciple anyone, you must first ensure your values are godly, clear and well set. As a father, you are both a mentor and coach to your wife and children. What you do would impact their character greatly. This also includes your subordinates in the office.
Jesus is the ultimate teacher; one thing you would notice about Him is that He never hid the truth from His disciples.
“… and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.” Mark 4:34
You must be honest in the assessment of your followers; tell them where they have gone wrong and praise them when they get things right. You owe them the truth always.
Jesus never hid anything from His disciples; they knew when He was fasting and when He was praying. He constantly pushed them to become like Him and even greater (John 14:12).
In Matthew 17:16-17, He said “O ye of little faith, how long will I be with thee?” He was saying, in essence: Get up and start doing these things yourself.
If you have a follower that has remained on the same level since he/she met you, you are failing as a coach and mentor. May you never fail God in the mighty name of Jesus.
REFLECTION:
What kind of example are you to those in your sphere of influence? Are you deliberate about their growth?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 26,
Mark 14
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE.
HYMNAL 30: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 4:46am On Nov 10, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 10TH OF NOVEMBER, 2020
THEME: CHRISTIAN DISCIPLESHIP III
MEMORISE:
Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you. Hebrews 13:17
READ: Hebrews 13:17-17
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
18 Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.
As Christians, you must be careful when making the choice of who to disciple you. Success in a discipline is not enough reason for anyone to qualify as your coach and mentor. The first thing you should consider is the spirituality of the fellow- how is his/her relationship with God? 2 Corinthians 6:14 says:
*“Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?”*
You must also be sure that the vision of the person’s life aligns with yours.
A close look at all the people God paired together for a discipleship relationship in the Bible will reveal that both had similar assignments - Samuel and Eli, Elisha and Elijah, Joshua and Moses, David and Solomon, Timothy and Paul among others. Allow God to lead you before approaching anyone to coach and mentor you.
After choosing a coach and mentor, always remember that no matter how great he/she is, the fellow is not God. Whatever he/she says must be first sifted through the word of God before you adopt it. My Father-in-the-Lord always told us to ignore whatever he said that did not have a biblical backing.
You must be submissive to your coach and mentor, regardless of how much smaller he/she appears to be. My Father-in-the-Lord was not educated, whereas I had a PhD in Mathematics. When he said “jump” I jumped the highest I could, without analysing his instruction with my PhD brain. As long as whatever he said was in line with the word of God, I did it without asking questions. You may even be more modern than your coach and mentor, still your obedience and submission must always be total in alignment with the word of God.
Lastly, ensure you pray for your disciples as well (Hebrews 13:18). He that watereth should be watered also (Proverbs 11:23).
KEY POINT:
Let God choose your coach and mentor for you. Allow the word of God provide guidance in the relationship.
HYMN 18:
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 11TH OF NOVEMBER, 2020
THEME: CHRISTIAN DISCIPLESHIP IV
MEMORISE:
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
Acts 20:35
READ: 1 Corinthians 9:1-11
1. Am I not an apostle? am I not free? have I not seen Jesus Christ our Lord? are not ye my work in the Lord?
2. If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.
3. Mine answer to them that do examine me is this,
4. Have we not power to eat and to drink?
5. Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?
6. Or I only and Barnabas, have not we power to forbear working?
7. Who goeth a warfare any time at his own charges? who planteth a vineyard, and eateth not of the fruit thereof? or who feedeth a flock, and eateth not of the milk of the flock?
8. Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also?
9. For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?
10. Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.
11. If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?
I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.
I have observed that when some people say they want a coach and/or mentor, what they are actually seeking is a sponsor. Your coach and/or mentor is not under any obligation to finance you. If anything, you should be the one gifting him/her, taking his/her children out for a fun day, making yourself available to help in any way you can and so on. You need their wealth of experience. Your relationship with your coach and mentor should not be parasitic but symbiotic - as he/she gives to you, you should also give back to him/her. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:11
*“If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?”*
It is your responsibility to make your coach and mentor proud. Many times, I have had to answer for the actions of my children-in-the-Lord, whether I was aware or not. It would be unfair to your coach and mentor if you misbehave, because it could bring about a bad public image for him/her. Finally, even if you become richer, greater and more popular than your coach and mentor, you must remain completely submissive to them. Jesus said the disciple cannot be greater than the master (Matthew 10:24). If that is the fellow that God has paired you with for discipleship, no matter what they do, you must remain submissive in line with the word of God, until their death David became more famous than Saul, but he never lost his respect for him, not even when Saul was trying to kill him. Samuel was the one whom God sent to tell Eli about how he would fall, but Samuel never felt that because he had been chosen to replace him, the old prophet was now to be ignored (1 Samuel 3:9-21 Never dishonour your discipler. God would not have anyone disrespect His chosen vessels (Psalms 105:14-15 ) no matter how little and inconsequential you may consider the action. Learn from the mistake of Miriam and Aaron (Numbers 12:1-15 ).Yes, Jesus wants us to perform greater works than He did, but that cannot make us greater than He. Never forget: a disciple may achieve greater feats than his master, but cannot be greater than he (Matthew 10:24 ).
REFLECTION:
Do you have a parasitic or symbiotic relationship with your coach and/or mentor?
HYMN: MUST I GO AND EMPTY HANDED
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:53pm On Nov 12, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 13TH NOVEMBER, 2020
THEME: SPARE THE ROD, SPOIL THE CHILD
MEMORISE:
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Proverbs 22:15
READ: Proverbs 23:12-14
12. Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge.
13. Withhold not correction from the child; for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.
In the school I attended in my village, there were children from both affluent and poor homes. One day, a child from an affluent home committed a misdemeanour, and a teacher meted out corporal punishment to him. This was an approved medium of discipline in the school but the boy reported to his father who came to school the next day and beat up our teacher. Our teacher reported the assault to the local police, however the rich man had been there earlier to bribe them, so the police did not act on the report. Our teacher, frustrated and deeply aggrieved, returned and divided the class into two. He put the children of the rich on one side and the rest of us on the other side. He vowed never to flog the children from rich homes again, but would continue to do so to those of us from poor homes. Today, only a few among the children that were not flogged have amounted to something in life. If you love your children, you would not spare the rod when they err.
Eli’s children grew to become wayward and God held him accountable for not being firm enough with them (1 Samuel 2:29-34). Conversely, God did not hesitate to bless Abraham because He was confident that the patriarch would command his children and household to keep His laws (Genesis 18:17-19). The second law of thermodynamics says everything left to itself tends to disorder. In the same vein, any child not strictly cautioned to behave properly will ultimately become spoilt.
I know using the rod on children is now considered child abuse in this generation, however you must know that there is a difference between correcting a child in love and abusing a child.
*“He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.”*
Proverbs 13:24
The rod is not just the cane, it connotes firm correction when children err. You cannot be permissive with a child all the time and expect him/her to grow up with good morals.
God expects you to compel your children and entire household to serve Him (Genesis 18:19). Don’t spare the rod.
REFLECTION:
God expects you to command your children and household to uphold his statutes, as Abraham did.
HYMN 6: GOD GIVE US CHRISTIAN HOMES.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 15TH NOVEMBER 2020.
THEME: MIND WHAT YOU EAT.
MEMORISE:
Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags. Proverbs 23:20-21
READ: Proverbs 23:1-3
1When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee:
2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.
3 Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.
1 Corinthians 10:31
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
I have often heard people say that you are what you eat. This is a wise saying because what you eat can affect who you are- both physically and spiritually. If you eat food that makes your body weak such that you are always lethargic and cannot pray or study your Bible for long hours, your spiritual strength will be low. If on the other hand, you eat organic and healthy food, not only will your body be strong, you will also soar spiritually because you can spend long hours praying and studying your Bible.
It may interest you to know that the devil also uses food to recruit people into secret societies. That is why it is not expedient to eat at every occasion you attend. Before you eat anything that is offered to you, whether in public or private, make sure you pray on it first and ask God for permission. John 6:11 says:
“And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.”
One day while I was preaching, I saw a woman dash out of the hall and some ushers ran after her. She then was brought to me after the service. She said while I was preaching, her clothes caught fire so she had to run out. Many years before that incident, she had gone to see a white-garment prophet because she had been losing all her children. Eventually, she met the prophet’s wife who, upon hearing the woman’s problems, gave her a kolanut to eat. From that night, she started finding herself in meetings whenever she slept at night, eating human meat with some other people. Eventually, it was her turn to provide the meat and she was asked to submit her children- the same ones whose lives she was trying to protect in the first place. We prayed a simple prayer that day and when she got home, she excreted a dead snake. Thus, God rescued her from the deadly kolanut.
Mind what you eat or drink.
KEY POINT:
Pray before you eat, drink or even take a snack. Mind what you eat.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 1-3
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 20: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:12am On Nov 16, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 16TH NOVEMBER 2020
THEME: VICTORY THROUGH PRAISE
MEMORISE:
I will bless the LORD at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalm 34:1
READ: 2 Chronicles 20:17-22
17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
18 And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
19 And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
20 And they rose early in the morning, and went forth into the wilderness of Tekoa: and as they went forth, Jehoshaphat stood and said, Hear me, O Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem; Believe in the LORD Your God, so shall ye be established; believe His prophets, so shall ye prosper.
21 And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed singers unto the LORD, and that should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army, and to say, Praise the LORD; for His mercy endureth for ever.
22 And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.
Living a life of praise is not only the most enjoyable way to live, it’s also one of the most powerful ways to change your life. Praise isn’t what you do only after a miracle has happened; it is what actually makes the miracle happen.
*“And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten.”*
2 Chronicles 20:22
From the passage above, we see that it was when they began to sing and praise that the Lord moved. If you are waiting for God to do a miracle before you start praising Him, you have got it all wrong. It is when you praise Him that the miracle will happen. It is by faith that you get miracles; the evidence that you truly have faith in God is in your praising Him even before the miracle happens.
Can you praise God in the face of danger? Can you praise Him when all seems not to be well and you are feeling down? You see, that is exactly the best time to praise Him. It is when you praise Him in that situation that He will minister strength to you. Staying down and closing your mouth is exactly what the devil needs for him to keep you in that situation. He knows that the moment you start praising God, the game has changed in your favour. Since God inhabits the praises of His people (Psalm 22:3), your praise will bring Him into that situation and the devil will be defeated.
My beloved, it doesn’t matter how you feel at any point in time, don’t let the devil take the praise of God away from your lips. When the devil comes with his trouble, don’t face him; he is too small to get your attention. Face the living God and give Him the best praise. Go to a quiet place and shout the praise of God loud and clear so that the devil will tremble. What you will realise is that, just as God did for the people of Judah, He will move on your behalf when you begin to sing and praise Him. Halleluyah!
KEY POINT:
Raise God always, even when you are feeling down.
HYMN 14: IMMORTAL, INVISIBLE, GOD ONLY WISE
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:23pm On Nov 16, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 17TH NOVEMBER 2020.
THEME: UNEQUALLY YOKED.
MEMORISE:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14
READ: 2 Corinthians 6:13-18
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Who you associate with is a great determinant of whether God will be silent over your matter or if He will act on your behalf. In Genesis 12:1, God told Abraham to leave his father’s house and go to a land He would show him. Unfortunately, Lot Abraham’s nephew, went with him. Lot being with Abraham hindered God from delivering the promise to him, but the moment Lot was separated from him, God remembered His promise.
“And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.” Genesis 13:14-15
Thank God for His mercy that caused Abraham and Lot’s men to fight so that Lot could be separated from him (Genesis 13). I pray for you today: God will separate from you any friend or associate hindering Him from fulfilling His promise to you, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Joshua was experiencing victory upon victory until one day when he faced a small army that defeated him. That day, he had to investigate what made him fail and then he found out that there was a bag of bad egg in his company- Achan. After getting rid of Achan, the victories resumed (Joshua 7 & �. The Almighty God who I serve will reveal to you any Achan in your family, company or Church in the mighty name of Jesus.
God wants to help some people, but He would not because of their friends and associates. It is either the person’s sins make it difficult for God to be involved in whatever the fellow is involved in or He knows that if He gives you what He wants to, with that fellow still in your life, it would result in more harm than good. Who are your friends? Who are your business partners? Who are you planning to get married to? Who is squatting with you in your house? You need to choose these people with care. If you choose a business partner who mutters incantations when you are praying, that project is not likely to go well because a house divided against itself cannot stand (Mark 3:25).
PRAYER POINT:
Prayerfully review the kind of people you associate with from today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 7-8
HYMN 4: BLESSED ASSURANCE, JESUS IS MINE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2020.
THEME: UNDERSTANDING THE SCRIPTURES.
MEMORISE:
“ But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” 1 John 2:27
READ: 1 Thessalonians 2:13
13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The Bible, though written in plain English (or your native language) is still difficult for some people to understand. This is because the letters do not carry the message; it is the Spirit of God that does. 2 Corinthians 3:6 says:
“Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.”
You cannot understand the Scriptures without the help of the Holy Spirit, this is why many unbelievers keep misinterpreting it with some even calling it foolishness. 1 Corinthians 2:14 says:
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
When you pick your Bible to read, first pray, asking that the Holy Spirit gives you understanding. You have to be sensitive to the Spirit also, because He could be leading you to read a particular passage from where He wants to speak to you that day. People vary in the depth of revelations they receive from the world of God and this is because of their varying levels of infilling by the Holy Spirit. The more the Holy Spirit you carry, the deeper the revelations you will get from the word of God.
You must also note that the word of God is new every time you read it. Never approach any Scripture with familiarity. Many a-times, I read passages of the Bible that I had been reading for several years and the Holy Spirit interprets it to me in completely different light. The reason preachers are able to come up with new messages every day despite using the same version of the Bible for centuries is simply because the word of God is never old.
I pray that God will expose the mysteries of His word to you every time you read it in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT:
Ask the Holy Spirit for understanding every time you read your Bible.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 9-10
HYMN 5: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 3:05am On Nov 21, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 21ST NOVEMBER 2020.
THEME: SEEK GOD’S DIRECTION ALWAYS.
MEMORISE:
And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them, and without fail recover all. 1 Samuel 30:8
READ: 2 Samuel 5:17-25
17 But when the Philistines heard that they had anointed David king over Israel, all the Philistines came up to seek David; and David heard of it, and went down to the hold.
18 The Philistines also came and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.
19 And David enquired of the LORD, saying, Shall I go up to the Philistines? wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto David, Go up: for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into thine hand.
20 And David came to Baalperazim, and David smote them there, and said, The LORD hath broken forth upon mine enemies before me, as the breach of waters. Therefore he called the name of that place Baalperazim.
21 And there they left their images, and David and his men burned them.
22 And the Philistines came up yet again, and spread themselves in the valley of Rephaim.
23 And when David enquired of the LORD, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees.
24 And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the LORD go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines.
25 And David did so, as the LORD had commanded him; and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer.
Many times, there are things that make common sense to us and we just want to go ahead and do them without asking God if we should or not. Let us learn from David, a man who we find seeking God’s face for direction a lot of times in the Bible.
In 1 Samuel 30:1-8, David had just returned from battle to find out that his people had been attacked. All their belongings along with their wives and children had been taken by the enemy. His soldiers who had lost everything they lived for were considering stoning him to death, but in the middle of all these, David took time to ask God if he should pursue the attackers.
In 2 Samuel 5:17-25, David asked God how he should attack the Philistines in war and God gave him a strategy that worked. After that, he was to face them in battle again and everything looked exactly like the previous one. David still went back to ask God what to do. You must never assume that you know what to do at any point in time. Proverbs 3:5 says:
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”
Still learning from David, there were also times when he failed to seek God’s guidance before taking decisions and the results were woeful. A classis example is the census of Israel the devil made him conduct (1 Chronicles 21) which brought God’s wrath upon the nation.
No matter how brilliant you are in your field of practice, always lean on God for what to do and what not to do. Many people have made great mistakes that are still hurting them because they thought they were making the right move based on their professional assessments.
When you get your salary at the end of the month, do you ask God what you should use the money for? When you are going out in the morning, do you ask Him what route to take? When you are about to have a business meeting or presentation, do you ask God for the right approach?
There is a lot to gain from always asking God for advice. If you want to win in every area of your life, ask God for what to do per time.
KEY POINT:
Never assume that you know what to do; always ask God for direction.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: James 1-5
HYMN 30: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by xplode556: 5:54am On Nov 22, 2020
Thanks.. Waiting for Daily devotional
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 6:35am On Nov 22, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 22ND NOVEMBER 2020.
THEME: GOD’S DIRECTION: HOW SENSIBLE?
MEMORISE:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isaiah 55:8
READ: Judges 7:1-15
1. Then Jerubbaal, who is Gideon, and all the people that were with him, rose up early, and pitched beside the well of Harod: so that the host of the Midianites were on the north side of them, by the hill of Moreh, in the valley.
2 And the LORD said unto Gideon, The people that are with thee are too many for me to give the Midianites into their hands, lest Israel vaunt themselves against me, saying, Mine own hand hath saved me.
3 Now therefore go to, proclaim in the ears of the people, saying, Whosoever is fearful and afraid, let him return and depart early from mount Gilead. And there returned of the people twenty and two thousand; and there remained ten thousand.
4 And the LORD said unto Gideon, The people are yet too many; bring them down unto the water, and I will try them for thee there: and it shall be, that of whom I say unto thee, This shall go with thee, the same shall go with thee; and of whomsoever I say unto thee, This shall not go with thee, the same shall not go.
5 So he brought down the people unto the water: and the LORD said unto Gideon, Every one that lappeth of the water with his tongue, as a dog lappeth, him shalt thou set by himself; likewise every one that boweth down upon his knees to drink.
6 And the number of them that lapped, putting their hand to their mouth, were three hundred men: but all the rest of the people bowed down upon their knees to drink water.
7 And the LORD said unto Gideon, By the three hundred men that lapped will I save you, and deliver the Midianites into thine hand: and let all the other people go every man unto his place.
8 So the people took victuals in their hand, and their trumpets: and he sent all the rest of Israel every man unto his tent, and retained those three hundred men: and the host of Midian was beneath him in the valley.
9 And it came to pass the same night, that the LORD said unto him, Arise, get thee down unto the host; for I have delivered it into thine hand.
10 But if thou fear to go down, go thou with Phurah thy servant down to the host:
11 And thou shalt hear what they say; and afterward shall thine hands be strengthened to go down unto the host. Then went he down with Phurah his servant unto the outside of the armed men that were in the host.
12 And the Midianites and the Amalekites and all the children of the east lay along in the valley like grasshoppers for multitude; and their camels were without number, as the sand by the sea side for multitude.
13 And when Gideon was come, behold, there was a man that told a dream unto his fellow, and said, Behold, I dreamed a dream, and, lo, a cake of barley bread tumbled into the host of Midian, and came unto a tent, and smote it that it fell, and overturned it, that the tent lay along.
14 And his fellow answered and said, This is nothing else save the sword of Gideon the son of Joash, a man of Israel: for into his hand hath God delivered Midian, and all the host.
15 And it was so, when Gideon heard the telling of the dream, and the interpretation thereof, that he worshipped, and returned into the host of Israel, and said, Arise; for the LORD hath delivered into your hand the host of Midian.
God’s directions may not always make sense to us, because as humans, we are too short-sighted to see what He does and too dull to think as He (Isaiah 55:8-9).
Gideon experienced the seeming illogicality of God’s direction firsthand. He thought he had been mistaken for someone else when the angel of God called him a man of valor. Gideon was cowardly but God had decided to use him to lead His people to victory over their enemy. Even when Gideon eventually accepted to lead the Israelites in battle, God still went ahead to prune his army of thirty-two thousand soldier down to just three hundred! Three hundred men against an army! Although it looked like an impossible mission, at the end of the day, Gideon was victorious. No matter how unreasonable an instruction from God may be, as long as it is from Him, it will surely end in victory. Isaiah 30:21 says:
“And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.”
We were preparing for a crusade in Benin many years ago. Everything had been set when I thought to talk to God about it. He told me we should go to Ede instead. We had just concluded a crusade in Ilesha (very close to Ede), and so I felt that anyone who wanted to come from Ede should have been at that crusade. However, since I have learnt never to disobey God, I told my people “God said we are going to Ede.” We went to Ede and when it was time for the monarch of the town to greet the people during the crusade, he said he did not have money, but offered us land in any quantity we desired. After the crusade, I called my people together and we decided to ask for fifty acres of land. That seemed like a lot, but when I went back to God, He said we should ask for five hundred hectares. This did not make any sense at all because the developed part of Ede was not that large, but I asked anyway. We got the land and today, the Mission School of RCCG as well as the Redeemer’s University are sited on that land.
KEY POINT:
Even if His instruction does not make sense, just trust Him and obey.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Acts 15-16
HYMN 15: IN CHRIST ALONE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2021
DATE: FRIDAY 22ND JANUARY 2021
THEME: RESTITUTION.
MEMORISE:
And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord: Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken anything from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. Luke 19:8
READ: Leviticus 6:1-5
1And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
2 If a soul sin, and commit a trespass against the Lord, and lie unto his neighbour in that which was delivered him to keep, or in fellowship, or in a thing taken away by violence, or hath deceived his neighbour;
3 Or have found that which was lost, and lieth concerning it, and sweareth falsely; in any of all these that a man doeth, sinning therein:
4 Then it shall be, because he hath sinned, and is guilty, that he shall restore that which he took violently away, or the thing which he hath deceitfully gotten, or that which was delivered him to keep, or the lost thing which he found,
5 Or all that about which he hath sworn falsely; he shall even restore it in the principal, and shall add the fifth part more thereto, and give it unto him to whom it appertaineth, in the day of his trespass offering.
Restitution means making right something you have done wrong. if you have stolen something, you should return it now that you are saved. Restitution is proof that you feel sorry for sins committed in the past and wish that you had not committed them in the first place.
I recall sometime ago when I was still a schoolteacher, I needed an extra mattress for visitor, so I took one from the school's dormitory. After the visitor left, I retained it and also took it along when I was leaving the school. About seven years later, I gave my life to Christ and my conscience began to prick me. I decided to restitute. Since I had been using it for seven years, I knew it wouldn't be right to just return it, so I paid back double the value of the mattress to the school. Nobody told me to do that, I did it because I realized that what I did was wrong, and I wanted to put things right. You should however seek Christian counselling if you are not sure of how to go about restitution.
Don't mind any Pastor who tells you that there is no need for restitution. If you are genuinely born again, the Holy Spirit will not allow you rest until you have returned whatever it is you took wrongfully. Now, if you are trying to restitute for what happened a very long time ago, you must be just. For example, if you stole Nl7 when it had huge value, it would be wrong to return N17 today. Find out the equivalent of that amount in today's market, or how much interest it would have accrued now if the owner had put it in the bank, then return the sum. Restitution is not a religious act; it is borne out of regret for the past and a willingness to correct it
“If a man shall deliver unto his. neighbor money or stuff to keep, and it be stolen out of the man's house; if the thief be found let him pay double.” Exodus22:7
When someone puts something in your care and It goes missing, you should restitute, unless the owner says otherwise.
If you borrow someone's car and it got damaged in your in your custody, it is your responsibility to repair It. If you cannot afford the repair at that time, don't act as if nothing happened; report the matter to the owner of the car, apologize and humbly ask him to help you repair it, promising to repay once you can afford it. If the owner says you should not worry, then you are free.
Like Zacchaeus in today's memory verse, we must understand and abide by the principle of restitution.
KEY POINT:
Is there anything the Holy Spirit keeps reminding you to restitute? Go ahead and do it Immediately!
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 29-31
HYMN 11: I NEED THEE EV'RY HOUR.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:38pm On Jan 23, 2021
DATE: SUNDAY 24TH JANUARY 2021.
THEME: RAPTURE: ARE YOU READY?
MEMORISE:
Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. Revelation 16:15
READ: Matthew 24:36-44
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
As Christians, we should be excited that one day, we will leave this sinful world for Heaven - a place where there is no sorrow or sickness, where there is no need to work, where the only thing we will be doing is worshipping God. Heaven is a place of all-round enjoyment. Everyone I know who has had a revelation of Heaven did not want to return to earth because it is just too beautiful and perfect.
Now, let me ask you- are you prepared for the Rapture? If the trumpet were to sound now, would you be on your way to Heaven or would you remain here on earth? Examine your life very well: the thoughts of your heart, the words of your mouth, the things you do with your hands - are they things that will make you qualified for Heaven or will they hold you back if the Rapture takes place today? If you have not been living holy, you are lucky that rapture has not occurred because if it had, you would either be in hell by now or left here on earth to face the Anti-Christ. If I were you, I would take the opportunity to repent now and begin to live holy. The Rapture is not something that you should toy with; it is a matter of eternity - an era without an end. Nothing should be too precious for you to leave so you can make it to Heaven. Jesus said in Mark8:36:
“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”
If your hands will make you lose Heaven, it is better you cut them off than go to hell with two hands. Imagine that you manage to squeeze through the gate of Heaven, but it closes on one of your hands. You would have two options: either to cut off the hand and go in or to go back out with two good hands. Which would you take?
I am sure you would prefer to enter Heaven without that hand. In the same way, you should prefer to sacrifice the pleasure of spending stolen money, you should be able to discipline yourself from engaging in fornication or adultery and stop telling lies so that you can make it to Heaven. Nobody knows when the Rapture will take place or when they would die. Even if the trumpet does not sound today, are you sure you will
still be alive tomorrow? Remember, it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this is the judgement (Hebrews9:27).
KEY POINT:
Nothing should be too difficult for you to drop so as to make Heaven.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 37-39
HYMN 24: TAKE MY LIFE, I AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
DATE: MONDAY 25TH JANUARY 2021
THEME: LIKE A CHILD I
MEMORISE:
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. 1 John 4:8
READ: Matthew 18:1-7
1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
In today's Bible reading, Jesus' disciples were asking Him "Who will be the greatest In the kingdom of Heaven?" He answered by putting a little child in front of them. He went on to say that anyone who wants to enter the kingdom of Heaven at all has to be like a little child. Matthew 18:3 says:
“And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
What makes children good models? First, children do not understand bitterness; they do not keep malice. If you offend a little boy and he says he will not play with you anymore, five minutes later, you would most likely see him running all over you again. The heart of a little child is full of love and that's exactly what God expects of His children. Jesus says in Matthew 22:37-39:
“...Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.”
If you want to enter Heaven at all, you have to love like a little child. Little children love irrespective of status, they do not care whether you are a pauper or the President; they play with everyone the same way. They do not keep records of wrong doings; if you wrong a child now, few minutes later, he or she would have forgotten about the matter.
Do you love like a child? Do you show love to even those who offend you? Do you discriminate against the cleaner in your office just because the fellow is junior to you? Ho w do you speak to your house help? All these things will show if you are like a child or not. They will determine whether you will enter the kingdom of Heaven or not. As for me, even if you step on my toes from now until tomorrow, I will not allow you to send me to hell so I will continue to show you love. we may not be friends because Jesus didn't say we should be friends with everybody, but I will still love you. I will forgive you even before you offend me. I will not wish you evil or withhold benefits from you just because you offended me.
lf you want to make Heaven, love like a child.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to love and forgive like a child.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Genesis 40-42
HYMN 20: PRAISE TO THE LORD THEALMIGHTY.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:51am On Jun 08, 2023
DATE: THURSDAY JUNE 8TH 2023
TOPIC: LIGHT UP III

MEMORISE:
"And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee and kings will come out of thee." Genesis 17:6

READ: Mark 16:16-18 (KJV)
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Embedded in pure light is the colour green - the colour of fruitfulness. John 15:1-5 says there is no way you can have the Light in you and remain barren. The Light that lives within you is the Vine you connect to so as to become fruitful (John 15:5). He gives you the ability to be fruitful even in situations where others have been barren. He said about those who are His children:
There shall nothing cast their young, nor be barren, in thy land: the number of thy days I will fulfil. – (Exodus 23:26)
Green is also the colour of power (Acts 1:cool. When you carry the Light within you, you will have the power of God operating through you. You need power to move forward. It is the engine inside a vehicle that determines how fast it can go. When the Light is within you, you have a very high level of power that makes you accelerate at an unusual speed. In other words, when you carry the Light, your promotion will be extra rapid. Believe me honestly, you can enjoy such great speed in your career that even you will be trembling at the thought of it.
One of my sons came to me once, saying he had a job interview and he wanted me to just speak a word over him. I said, "Go and the interview will go well." He said, "Amen" and left. He returned the following day excited that not only did the interview go well but that he got the job (Deputy Managing Director) and the board asked him to resume the very next day. I congratulated him and he said, "No, speak another word". I said, "Alright, the Almighty God who has given you the job will make your promotion rapid". He went and then the following day, came again, trembling. "Daddy, I got to the place of work, and was told that after I left the previous day, their Managing Director resigned. There, on the spot, I was offered the role of Managing Director". I congratulated him again and he said, "No Daddy, speak another word". I then said, "The God who has begun a good work in you will perfect it". He came back to testify the day after that his salary had been doubled.
I speak a word to you now: your promotion shall be rapid, in the mighty name of Jesus.

KEY POINT:
The light of God within you will grant you unusual speed in life.

HYMN: IN CHRIST ALONE
1. In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when striving cease,
My Comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

2. In Christ alone who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless Babe
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied,
For every sin on Him was laid,
Here in the death of Christ I live.

3. There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day,
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine,
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

4. No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Could ever pluck me from His hand,
'Til He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I stand.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Psalms 18-21
AUTHOR PASTOR E A ADEBOYE
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:54am On Jun 09, 2023
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL

DATE: FRIDAY JUNE 9TH 2023

THEME: LIGHT UP IV

MEMORISE: Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward. Isaiah 58:8

READ: John 15:12 -15

12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14. Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

The colour blue is widely considered as the colour of love and it is one of the colors that can be seen in pure light. I John 4:8 says God is love. What does love do for you? The mere fact that you are associated with the love of God makes you more than conqueror (Romans 8:37). Deuteronomy 28:1-7 tells us that you don't even have to fight against your enemies if you have the Light inside you. It says if they rise against you, they will be smitten before your face. You don't even have to lift your hands, you just watch as the Lord - your Lover, takes care of your enemies.

I here was once a military ruler in Nigeria who wanted to convert to a civilian president. He consulted some of his occult people and they said that l,would be a threat to his ambition. The military ruler decided to come and pick me up and in those days, whenever that happened, the person involved was not likely to return alive. Fortunately for me, one of my spiritual children working with an arm of government caught whiff of the plan and alerted me that they were coming for me within the next two weeks. I did not tell my wife; l just went out that night on my normal prayer walk and my Lover spoke to me. That is one thing that love does; it enables you to hear secrets from God (John 13:21-26). God told me plainly not to worry and that l would even outlive the fellow. A few days later, at the Holy Ghost Service on the first Friday of June, l said to the congregation, "Greet one another and say, "Happy New Year". They obeyed and indeed by Sunday, the nation experienced a new beginning. That military ruler became deceased and his successor handed over to a democratic elected government. Love made me more than a conqueror.

When you combine all the seven colors that make up the rainbow, they give you the colour white which symbolizes purity and holiness. Purity and holiness will not only attract blessings to you but will also make you see God (Matthew 5:cool . In conclusion, all the blessings we've discussed in this series can only manifest in your life if you obey God's command to live holy (1 Peter 1:16).

KEY POINT
All the benefits of being lit up by God are embedded in holiness.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 22-27

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE

HYMN 3: ANCIENT WORDS

1. Holy words long preserved
for our walk in this world,
They resound with God's own heart
Oh, let the Ancient words impart.

Chorus:
Ancient words ever true
Changing me, and changing you.
We have come with open hearts
Oh let the ancient words impart.

2. Words of Life, words of Hope
Give us strength, help us cope
In this world, where e'er we roam
Ancient words will guide us Home.

3. Holy words of our Faith
Handed down to this age.
Came to us through sacrifice
Oh heed the faithful words of Christ.

4. Holy words long preserved
For our walk in this world.
Oh let the ancient words impart.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 5:24am On Jun 10, 2023
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SATURDAY JUNE 10TH 2023

THEME: HONOUR THE ANOINTED

MEMORISE: Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. 1 Timothy 5:17

READ: 2 Kings 4:8 -17

8 And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.

9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.

10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.

11 And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.

12 And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.

13 And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.

14 And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.

15 And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.

16 And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.

17 And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that Elisha had said unto her, according to the time of life.

In 2 Kings 1:9-15, Elijah was sitting on a mountain top when a king sent 50 armed soldiers and a captain to arrest him, Elijah looked defenceless physically but when they tried to arrest him, he called fire down from heaven to roast all of them. When the king sent another 50 soldiers, they got roasted too. Thereafter, he sent another set of 50 soldiers and their captain. When they got to the mountain where Elijah was and saw ashes of the two sets of soldiers that had been consumed by fire, the Bible says the captain fell on his knees and begged the man of God and to spare him as he was only doing his job. The angel of God then spoke to Elijah and said, "You can go with him". What made his case different? Honour. That is why he was able to succeed at what got previous captains and soldiers roasted.

It doesn't matter who you are, if you despise an anointed man or woman of God, if you mock him or her, you could pay dearly for it. In 2 Kings 2:23-24, you see what happened when some children started mocking Elisha; they ended up being eaten by bears. The anointing on a man or woman of God can work dangerously against anyone who despises him or her. Any true man or woman of God will tell you that as the anointing increases, he or she speaks less because whatever he or she says when angry can kill.

There was a man who decided to take over the Parish of The Redeemed Christian Church of God he was pastoring. When l heard the news l simply said, "l leave him to God". The man held a crusade and on his way home, he got killed by armed robbers. I had thought l was careful enough with what l said. Since then, l learned to not take offence easily and if at all l am offended, l keep my mouth shut. It is better to provoke blessing from the anointed than a curse. The easiest way to provoke a man or woman of God to bless you is to honour him or her.

When you honour the anointed, the anointing will work in your favour. The king of Israel honoured Elisha by calling him Father. In turn, Elisha used his anointing to save him and his army when their enemies laid ambush for them. God can solve all your problems in an instant if you would just honour a man or woman of God.

ACTION POINT

When next you see an anointed person , make sure you do something that just shows the person that you honor him or her.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 28-33

HYMN 12: ONWARD CHRISTIAN SOLDIERS

1. Onward, Christian soldiers!
Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.
Christ, the royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See his banners go!

[Chorus]
Onward, Christian soldiers!Marching as to war,
With the cross of Jesus
Going on before.

2. At the sign of triumph
Satan’s host doth flee;
On, then, Christian soldiers,
On to victory.
Hell’s foundations quiver
At the shout of praise;
Brothers, lift your voices,
Loud your anthems raise.

3. Like a mighty army
Moves the Church of God;
Brothers, we are treading
Where the Saints have trod.
We are not divided;
All one body we:
One in hope and doctrine,
One in charity.

4. Onward, then, ye people;
Join our happy throng.
Blend with ours your voices
In the triumph song:
Glory, laud, and honor
Unto Christ, the King.
This through countless ages
Men and angels sing.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL

DATE: SUNDAY JUNE 11TH 2023

THEME: WHEN GOD CALLS YOU 1

MEMORISE: I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Ephesians 4:1 -2

READ: 2 Peter 1:1 -11

1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The call of God is actually a call to God. Many people think that when God calls them, it is a call to something, whereas it is a call to Him. When He calls you, He is saying, "Come closer to me". In Mark 3:14, the Bible says that the first reason He called the disciples was that they should be with Him.

The call of God is two-fold. First, He can call you to leave your sinful ways, to leave the kingdom of darkness and come to Him in the kingdom of light. This is the call He made in Matthew 11:28: "Come unto me. All ye that are heavy laden, and l will give you rest". We will focus on this first call today.

This call is the very one every human being will receive. When you are in a service and you hear the preacher making the altar call, it is actually God Himself calling out to sinners to leave their sinful ways and come to Him for salvation.

There was a very notorious young man who brought someone to Church with his motorcycle. He waited for a little while outside the Church and listened to the sermon. When the altar call was made he considered surrendering his life to Christ, but then decided against it and zoomed off. Unfortunately, he got involved in an accident later that day and died. If only he had answered the altar call when it was made! Even if he had still died, at least he would have made it to heaven.

God's call unto salvation is extended to everyone. He desires to call all sinners out of darkness into His marvellous light. He is seeking to make everyone a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation and a peculiar people (1 Peter 2:9). Some however, heed God's call, become saved then start to sin again willfully. Such people are not fit for the kingdom of God (Luke 9:62) and He has promised to spue such out of His mouth if they do not retrace their steps back to Him. (Revelation 3:16).

KEY POINT

God's call to salvation is a call to holiness. If you don't live holy, you are rejecting the call.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 34-37

HYMN 2: AMAZING GRACE

1 Amazing grace! how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch; like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

2 ’Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved;
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed!

3 The Lord hath promised good to me,
His word my hope secures;
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.

4 When we’ve been there ten thousand years,
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we first begun.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2023

DATE: MONDAY JUNE 12TH 2023

TOPIC: WHEN GOD CALLS YOU 2

MEMORISE:
"Who hath saved us and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began." - (2 Timothy 1:9)

READ: 1 Peter 4:7-11 (KJV)

7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

9 Use hospitality one to another without grudging.

10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

After God has called you to salvation, the next call He makes to you is to join Him in His agenda to redeem other lost souls across the world. He doesn't only redeem the world from the altar; He calls people from all walks of life to be His tools for redemption in that area. For example, He can call some people to join Him in politics because He has an agenda to use the political office they will occupy as a tool in redeeming the world.

God is not a Sunday-Sunday God. He is God every single day. Pastors don't reserve the right to be used by God. As long as you are born again - whether you are in business, arts, entertainment or even fashion, God can use you in that field to redeem the world. He said in Colossians 3:17, "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."

When you do something in the name of someone, it means that it is not really you doing it but the fellow you are representing. When you feel God pulling you to work for Him in a certain field of life, then you must ask Him what His agenda is concerning that thing you are to do. Know that in that place where you are, everything you do must be in line with His agenda. That is the only way you can be doing it in His name. Note that you are His representative there and so must not do what He would not if He were there physically Himself.

As a reward for answering the call to join Him in His redemptive work in the world, God makes sure that all things work together for your good.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. - (Romans 8:28)

Once you are called according to His purpose and you answer that call, fulfilling His purpose in your field, all things will begin to work together for your good.

KEY POINT:
God called you to represent Him in everything you do and say.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 38-42

HYMNAL: 20 - STAND UP! STAND UP FOR JESUS

1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
Ye soldiers of the Cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict'ry unto vict'ry
His army shall He lead,
Till ev'ry foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.

2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
Against unnumbered foes;
Let courage rise with danger,
And strength to strength oppose.

3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
Stand in His strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
Put on the gospel armor,
Each piece put on with prayer;
Where duty calls or danger,
Be never wanting there.

4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus!
The strife will not be long;
This day the noise of battle,
The next the victor's song;
To him that overcometh,
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
Shall reign eternally.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2023
DATE: TUESDAY JUNE 13TH 2023
TOPIC: SPIRITUAL PERSONALITY DISORDER

MEMORISE:
"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." - (Romans 1:28)

READ: Romans 1:28-32 (KJV)
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Personality disorders are becoming more and more common, even amongst children of God. These disorders typically involve patterns of behaviour and thinking that usually makes it difficult to form and maintain a close relationship with God. They also make it difficult to meet the daily demands of one's personal, spiritual, and work life. Experts say that these personality disorders can be identified by three major characteristics: intense and unstable emotions, eccentric and odd behaviour or extreme fear and nervousness. Some studies have also shown that personality disorders are often associated with high levels of self-injury and are even sometimes linked to suicide. The situation is so bleak that Job 10:22 described it as, "A land of darkness, as darkness itself; And of the shadow of death, without any order, and where the light is as darkness". I pray that you and your loved ones will never experience this, in Jesus' name. If you are already experiencing this, may the power of God deliver you today, in Jesus' name.

Several passages of the Bible confirm that spiritual personality disorder could come through three major sources: as an attack from the enemy (John 10:10), self-infliction (Mark 7:23, Galatians 5:21), or as a divine curse, a repercussion of sin, as recorded in (1 Corinthians 3:17). Deuteronomy 28:20, also says:
*"The Lord shall send upon thee cursing, vexation, and rebuke, in all that thou settest thine hand unto for to do, until thou be destroyed, and until thou perish quickly; because of the wickedness of thy doings, whereby thou hast forsaken me."*
Repent of all your sins and accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Jesus intervened and restored several cases of personality disorders and insanity to wholeness by His word. I therefore decree in the name that is above every other name: Be delivered from every spiritual personality disorder and insanity today, in the name of Jesus.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, heal everyone suffering from spiritual personality disorder and insanity, in Jesus' name.

HYMNAL: 25 - THE GREAT PHYSICIAN NOW IS NEAR
1. The great Physician now is near,
The sympathising Jesus;
He speaks the drooping heart to cheer,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus.

REFRAIN:
Sweetest note in seraph song,
Sweetest name on mortal tongue;
Sweetest carol ever sung,
Jesus, blessed Jesus.

2. Your many sins are all forgiven,
Oh, hear the voice of Jesus;
Go on your way in peace to heaven,
And wear a crown with Jesus.

3. All glory to the risen Lamb!
I now believe in Jesus;
I love the blessed Saviour's name,
I love the name of Jesus.

4. His name dispels my guilt and fear,
No other name but Jesus;
Oh! how my soul delights to hear
The charming name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 43-49
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:23pm On Jun 14, 2023

DATE: THURSDAY JUNE 15TH 2023

TOPIC: BE SPIRITUALLY MINDED

MEMORISE:
"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." - (Romans 8:6)

READ: 2 Chronicles 16:1-14 (KJV)

1 In the six and thirtieth year of the reign of Asa Baasha king of Israel came up against Judah, and built Ramah, to the intent that he might let none go out or come in to Asa king of Judah.

2 Then Asa brought out silver and gold out of the treasures of the house of the LORD and of the king's house, and sent to Ben-hadad king of Syria, that dwelt at Damascus, saying,

3 There is a league between me and thee, as there was between my father and thy father: behold, I have sent thee silver and gold; go, break thy league with Baasha king of Israel, that he may depart from me.

4 And Ben-hadad hearkened unto king Asa, and sent the captains of his armies against the cities of Israel; and they smote Ijon, and Dan, and Abel-maim, and all the store cities of Naphtali.

5 And it came to pass, when Baasha heard it, that he left off building of Ramah, and let his work cease.

6 Then Asa the king took all Judah; and they carried away the stones of Ramah, and the timber thereof, wherewith Baasha was building; and he built therewith Geba and Mizpah.

7 And at that time Hanani the seer came to Asa king of Judah, and said unto him, Because thou hast relied on the king of Syria, and not relied on the LORD thy God, therefore is the host of the king of Syria escaped out of thine hand.

8 Were not the Ethiopians and the Lubims a huge host, with very many chariots and horsemen? yet, because thou didst rely on the LORD, he delivered them into thine hand.

9 For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. Herein thou hast done foolishly: therefore from henceforth thou shalt have wars.

10 Then Asa was wroth with the seer, and put him in a prison house; for he was in a rage with him because of this thing. And Asa oppressed some of the people the same time.

11 And, behold, the acts of Asa, first and last, lo, they are written in the book of the kings of Judah and Israel.

12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

13 And Asa slept with his fathers, and died in the one and fortieth year of his reign.

14 And they buried him in his own sepulchres, which he had made for himself in the city of David, and laid him in the bed which was filled with sweet odours and divers kinds of spices prepared by the apothecaries' art: and they made a very great burning for him.

Some people find it difficult to trust God. They would rather put their trust in things that they can see than in the Lord that they cannot see. Many times, it is because we feel we are intelligent and our intelligence has helped us in the past so we want to be able to use it for everything. I once went to minister the Holy Ghost baptism to a group of people; the uneducated ones were baptised almost as soon as the ministration started, but the educated ones were looking around, trying to understand how the baptism would come. These were doubting Thomases. Thomas was a man who would not believe until he saw with his eyes. John 20:29 says, "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Apostle Paul also said:

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. - (2 Corinthians 4:18)

Where you look to when you are in need of help is where your faith lies. For example, David said he would look up to the hills from whence came his help - the Lord (Psalm 121:1-2). If you look to man, then your faith lies in man. If you look to your money, then that is where your faith lies. God can use either to meet your need, but you are to look to God and God alone. God is displeased when you have faith in anything or anyone else but Him. Hebrews 11:6 says without faith it is impossible to please God. Until you take your eyes off the physical and set them on Him in the Spirit, some things will remain out of your reach.

In our Bible reading for today, Asa found it difficult to look to God for his healing even when physicians had failed him. This is a stronghold of the devil that must be broken. If you study your Bible diligently, pray without ceasing, and fellowship regularly with other believers, you would soon begin to see how the spiritual controls the physical.

Spend more time with God than you do with man and that stronghold of dependence on physical things will be broken.

ACTION POINT:
Put your trust in God, He is the only One that can help you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 56-61

HYMNAL: 30 - WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD

1. When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

REFRAIN:
Trust and obey!
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

2. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

3. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2023

DATE: FRIDAY JUNE 16TH 2023

THEME: JUST START

MEMORISE: Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

READ: Isaiah 43:15 -19

15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

16 Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;

17 Which bringeth forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power; they shall lie down together, they shall not rise: they are extinct, they are quenched as tow.

18 Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

I grew up in a very poor home. My father was extremely poor, yet he had two wives and many children. He also had a small farm that could not support the family if he died. So l decided that l wasn't going to die in that state of poverty and l knew that the only way out was to study hard in school. I studied hard and gained admission to Ilesha Grammar School but when the results came, my mother called me into the room and said, "You this boy, what are you trying to do? You know we have no money, and you say you want to go to Grammar School." Then she begged me, "Please my boy, Christmas is coming, l will buy you good clothes. Forget about this Grammar School." This was in 1955. To show her how serious l was, l refused to eat for two days and was prepared to continue my hunger strike on the third day when she and my father somehow got some money and deposited it to the school. One way or the other, l finished secondary school and gained admission into university and today l am where l am.

Success does not come to people who consider their limitations before they move.

The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
Proverbs 26:13

No matter the odds against you, if you can ignore those odds and just set out, there is success waiting for you out there. See those things that you call limitations as tests challenging your abilities. A champion is rated by the opponent he faces, the bigger the opponent he faces, the greater the title. The stronger the opposition you face, the greater your level of success. Most people know the heavyweight champion of the world, but if you are to ask around only a few know the lightweight champion

The reason my success story is interesting to many is because of the low level l came from. Get up and face those limitations; the reward will be worthwhile.

Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.
2 Chronicles 15:7

KEY POINT

There is no limitation you cannot surmount if you have Christ in you . (Philippians 4:13)

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 62-68

HYMN 5: BLESSED ASSURANCE

1 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.

2 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

3 Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2023

DATE: SATURDAY JUNE 17TH 2023

TOPIC: TIME AND OPPORTUNITIES

MEMORISE:
"So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." - (Psalm 90:12)

READ: Proverbs 3:5-7 (KJV)

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Time is quite a difficult concept to define. One very simple way to describe it is that it is a river that constantly flows. It keeps flowing in a certain direction and carries everyone along with it. No matter what you are doing, time keeps flowing on. Therefore, when you don't do what you are supposed to at the right time, not only would you have wasted a part of Your time on earth, but a part of your life also. This is why you cannot afford to be lazy.

One of the things you must understand about the river called time is that as it is carrying you on, it is constantly throwing opportunities at you. It carries you through these opportunities from the day you were born until the day you die. As you flow, you go from one place to another and come across one person or another. Each person or place comes as an opportunity. If you don't grab it when you are there, you may miss it forever as the river doesn't flow backwards. When you understand this about time, you will realise that what decides if you will be successful is your ability to identify and make use of opportunities (Ecclesiastes 9:11).

The river called time has boundaries on both sides and you are usually in the middle. Occasionally, when God really loves you, He brings you in contact with the right person and tells you to follow him or her. If you are wise enough to obey Him without questions, then you will arrive at your God-ordained destiny. This is what happened to me when I met my Father-in-the-Lord - Pa Akindayomi. I had a Ph.D. in Mathematics which was a big deal back then. My Father-in-the-Lord could not even read or write. He could only read the Bible because of a God-given ability, yet God said I should submit to and follow him. Eventually, when he was going to be with the Lord, he wrote in his will that I should take over the leadership of the Church. My salary at the time was more than the income of the entire Church, but I obeyed. That is how the river of time brought me to where I am now.

If you want to fulfil your destiny, rely on God to show you the opportunities hidden in the people you meet and places you go, so that you will arrive at your expected end.

PRAYER POINT:
Father, please don't let me ever miss my opportunities in life, in Jesus' name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 69-72

HYMNAL: 30 - WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD

1. When we walk with the Lord,
In the light of His word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

REFRAIN:
Trust and obey!
For there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.

2. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

3. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 3:46am On Jun 18, 2023

DATE: SUNDAY JUNE 18Th 2023

THEME: DIVINE ENERGY DRINK I

MEMORISE: Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalms 16:11

READ: Habakkuk 3:17 -19

17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:

18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Nehemiah 8:10 says the joy of the Lord is your strength. Joy produces strength and strength is the ability to do work. Joy is the energy drink that heaven gives you to keep you strong and healthy enough to work. The thing about this energy drink is that it has different concentrations, depending on how much of it is needed per time. The one with the smallest concentration is what l will call regular joy. You are supposed to have a dose of it every morning. Psalm 39:5 say weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning. People who suffer depression find it difficult to even stand from their beds in the morning. If you are experiencing any form of depression or sadness, l pray that the Lord will fill you with joy and strengthen you, in Jesus' name.

One of the ways of getting joy is through hearing good news. Psalm 51:8 says, "Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice."

A brother returned from work so tired he refused dinner and just went to bed. As soon as he got to his room, his fiancée came to visit. His mother welcomed her but said the brother was very tired and had gone to bed. However, the brother heard his fiancee's voice and rushed out. He went to his mother and asked what he could offer the young lady. She replied. "There is rice but you will have to cook it". He said, "No problem, l will cook". The mother looked at him with surprise, wondering how he who had been too tired to even eat was now ready to cook. The good news that his fiancée was around had given him strength that even he did not know he had. You will hear good news every morning, in Jesus' name.

The word of God is good news, it gives joy. Study it every morning; you will experience joy and receive strength. Jeremiah 15:16 says, "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts."

Before you read the newspapers or blog where you will most likely hear bad news, read the word of God to get the good news you need to strengthen you for the day.

KEY POINT
Gods word energizes you for your daily activities.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 73-77

HYMN 3: ANCIENT WORDS

1. Holy words long preserved
For our walk in this world
Oh, let the ancient words impart

Chorus:
Ancient words, ever true
Changing me and changing you
We have come with open hearts

2 Words of life, words of hope
Give us strength, help us cope In this world, where ever we roam Ancient words will guide us home

3 Holy words of our faith
Handed down to this age Came to us through sacrifice
Oh, heed the faithful words of Christ

4 Holy words long preserved
For our walk in this world
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 6:52am On Jun 19, 2023

DATE: MONDAY, 19TH JUNE, 2023

TOPIC: DIVINE ENERGY DRINK II

MEMORY VERSE
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. Luke 2:10

BIBLE READING
Acts 8:1-8
[1]And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

[2]And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great lamentation over him.

[3]As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.

[4]Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

[5]Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

[6]And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

[7]For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

[8]And there was great joy in that city.

There is yet a more concentrated type of energy drink that comes from heaven to man, called 'Great Joy'. Luke 2 : 8-16 tells of how the angels, at the birth of Jesus Christ, told the Shepherds that they had brought good news of great joy. Nehemiah 8:10 says the joy of the Lord shall be your strength. When you have great joy, you will be able to do anything your heart desires for God.
When we started building the camp, because of the great joy of having our own campground at last, we did things that people would consider impossible like building and completing a house and then furnishing it within seven days! As the Lord lives, you will experience great joy today in Jesus' name.

Now, what are the things that can bring you great joy? 3 John 1 : 4 says, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." You experience great joy when you are making disciples for Christ, when you are seeing people being saved from the horrors of darkness into the light of God. In the example I gave above where we built a house in seven days, we were not joyful because we now had a place to sleep, but rather because we now had a bigger platform through which we could win more souls to Christ. If you have not been winning souls to Christ, you don't know what joy you have been missing. Jesus said there is joy in heaven whenever one sinner repents ( Luke 15 : 7 ). So, if God wins a soul through you, and there is rejoicing in heaven, don't you think that you would also be a partaker of that joy?

This great joy is majorly fuelled by the knowledge of how much Jesus loves us. Philemon 1 : 7 says there is great joy in love. When we consider how much God's love has done for us, we are strengthened to do anything just to make sure that His will is done on earth. He has no greater need than for souls to be saved.

ACTION POINT
Make sure you win a soul to Christ today.

BIBLE IN A YEAR
Psalms 78-80

HYMN 2 AMAZING GRACE

1. Amazing grace!
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

2. Through many dangers, toils and snares,
I have already come;
'Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far,
And grace will lead me home.

3. The Lord has promised good to me,
His Word my hope secures;
He will my Shield and Portion be,
As long as life endures.

4. Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail,
And mortal life shall cease,
I shall possess, within the veil,
A life of joy and peace.

5. The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who called me here below,
Will be forever mine.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:36am On Jun 20, 2023
OPEN HEAVENS DEVOTIONAL

DATE: TUESDAY JUNE 20TH 2023

THEME: DIVINE ENERGY DRINK lll

MEMORISE: Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Matthew 10:8

READ: Matthew 2:1 -10

1 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,

2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

3 When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.

4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.

5 And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,

6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

7 Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.

8 And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

Beyond great joy, there is a higher concentration of this energy drink which is called 'Exceeding Great joy'. In our Bible reading for today, when the wise men who had been traveling a long way, looking for the new born King saw the star again, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. They continued on their journey as if they had just started. Exceeding great joy gives you the ability to go the extra mile, to do exceeding great things that ordinary people cannot do.

This exceeding great joy comes from the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). When you get this concentration of joy, people will assume that you are drunk. Imagine seeing two people asking a man who has been lame all his life to stand and walk. That doesn't make any sense, but it is only possible when you are filled with the Holy Ghost.

One unique thing about this concentrations of joy is that as you utilize it, you get even more of it. If you have ever seen someone who the doctors say has only a few more weeks to live and you pray for the fellow, then he or she gets healed and lives for many more decades after that, you would get a new rush of exceeding great joy. Your faith would increase and you would be empowered to do more. There are so many people who are filled with the Holy Ghost but never pray for the sick or try to perform any miracle. Once, when l was crying to God to empower me to work miracles, He said to me, "Keep quiet. Have you used the power that l have given you?" I said, "What power?" He answered, "Are you baptised in the Holy Ghost?" I said, "Yes". He responded, "What does Acts 1:8 say?" I knew what it says, but then l didn't feel like l had received any power so l responded, "But, l don't feel,powerful" to which He replied, "Did l say the just shall live by feelings or by faith?"

The day after this conversation, a woman brought her dying child who had not slept for days, to me for prayers. I remembered my conversation with God so l prayed for the child. After praying, l opened my eyes to see that the child had fallen asleep. When he woke up, he was completely fine. That boosted my faith and filled my heart with exceeding great joy. I am grateful that He is still filling me with exceeding great joy and working many great miracles through me. He can do same for you if you surrender all to,Him.

KEY POINT

Use the power you received when you were baptised in the Holy Ghost to work miracles through faith in Christ Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 81-88

HYMN 21: STANDING ON THE PROMISES OF GOD

1 Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let His praises ring,
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.

Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I’m standing on the promises of God.

2 Standing on the promises that cannot fail,
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail,
By the living Word of God I shall prevail,

3 Standing on the promises I now can see
Perfect, present cleansing in the blood for me;
Standing in the liberty where Christ makes free,

4 Standing on the promises of Christ the Lord,
Bound to Him eternally by love’s strong cord,
Overcoming daily with the Spirit’s sword,

5 Standing on the promises I shall not fall,
List’ning every moment to the Spirit’s call.
Resting in my Savior as my All in all,
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2023

DATE: FRIDAY JUNE 23RD 2023

THEME: ALONE WITH GOD

MEMORISE: And when it was day, he departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought him, and came unto him, and stayed him, that he should not depart from them. Luke 4:42

READ: Psalms 84:1-12

1 How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!

2 My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

3 Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.

4 Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.

5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.

6 Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.

7 They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.

8 O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.

9 Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.

10 For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

12 O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

The greatest experiences a man can have in life are drawn from the moments he spends alone with God. Those times when destinies are shaped. If you look through the Scriptures and study people who achieved great feats for God, you will notice that all of them spent quality time alone with God. In Exodus 24:18, Moses had been in the mountain for 40 days and 40 nights spending time alone with God. No wonder he is the only man who ever saw God. After seeing the back of God inExodus 33:23, the Bible says the glory that shone on his face was so bright that people could not look at him. That is what happen when you spend time with God: His glory rubs off on you and it is evident to everyone around you.

Many times when the Bible talks about Elijah, he was on the mountain top. You go to the mountain top because you want to get away from where people are so that you can be alone with God. What was the result of Elijah's constant fellowship with God? He could call down fire from heaven anytime he wanted. He was also the first prophet to ever bring dead back to life. It is those times that you spend with God that He enlarges your capacity to do greater things than you used to. Joseph was a very busy man in Potiphar's house, overseeing his master's many great possessions. All that time that he was busy, he didn't grow beyond being a dreamer. When he was locked up in prison however, he had time to be alone with God and grew from being a dreamer to becoming an interpreter of dreams.

Your greatest potential will only be realised when you spend quality time with God. During Jesus' earthly ministry, He never joked with His quiet time (Luke 6:12, 21:37). No wonder He was able to fulfil His destiny as tough as it was. Be intentional about spending quality time with God - praising Him, praying, fasting, studying and meditating on His word. Don't joke with your quiet time with God; it is your most important meeting every day.

REFLECTION
How many minutes/hours do you spend alone with God daily?

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 104- 106

HYMN 7: I AM THINE O LORD

1. I am Thine, O Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith,
And be closer drawn to Thee.

Draw me nearer, nearer, blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer, blessed Lor
To Thy precious, bleeding side.

2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.

3. O the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God,
I commune as friend with friend!

4. There are depths of love that I yet may know
Ere Thee face to face I see;
There are heights of joy that I yet may reach
Ere I rest in peace with Thee.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:58am On Jun 24, 2023

DATE: SATURDAY JUNE 24TH 2023

THEME: OBEY YOUR PASTOR

MEMORISE: And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. Acts 2:42

READ: Hebrews 13:17 -18

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

18 Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.

If you have chosen someone to be your pastor, then it is only right that you obey him or her. There are many people who call me Daddy and say l am the spiritual authority over them but l know that they are only deceiving themselves because they do not obey my instructions when they are contrary to what they want. If you don't obey the fellow with spiritual authority over you, then you are not really under his covering. Obey your pastor so that whatever God wants to give you through him or her can get to you.

Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
Hebrews 13:17

A pastor's work becomes easy when he or she has a cooperative congregation who practice what they are taught from the pulpit. When you hear a message from the altar that is in line with the word of God, do it. If l show you in the Scriptures where God says you should do that thing, then you have to obey. If you disobey the word of God from the altar,,it is not really the pastor you are disobeying but the Lord who sent him.

There are many people who obey the word of God partially. They obey the Scriptures they find convenient and ignore the rest. The reason many of such people don't get expected results as Christians is that their obedience is not complete. Until your obedience is complete, you cannot resist the devil and see him flee. James 4:7 says you must submit to God first

Please my beloved, don't be stubborn like the lsraelites, constantly provoking Moses to the point where he eventually got angry and took an action that caused God to prevent him from entering into the Promised Land (Numbers 20:1-12). Don't discourage or provoke your pastor; rather, encourage him or her by submitting to his or her authority (Philemon 1:21).

ACTION POINT

Do something for your Pastor today to encourage him or her for all the labour he or she exerts over you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 107-111

HYMN 5: BLESSED ASSURANCE

1 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine;
Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

2 Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending, bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

3 Perfect submission, all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 1:03am On Jun 25, 2023

DATE: SUNDAY JUNE 25TH 2023

TOPIC: SPIRITUAL SUPERIORITY

MEMORISE:
"For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God." - (Deuteronomy 4:24)

READ: 2 Kings 6:15-23 (KJV)

15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the LORD, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

19 And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.

20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, LORD, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the LORD opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.

21 And the king of Israel said unto Elisha, when he saw them, My father, shall I smite them? shall I smite them?

22 And he answered, Thou shalt not smite them: wouldest thou smite those whom thou hast taken captive with thy sword and with thy bow? set bread and water before them, that they may eat and drink, and go to their master.

23 And he prepared great provision for them: and when they had eaten and drunk, he sent them away, and they went to their master. So the bands of Syria came no more into the land of Israel.

Spiritual Superiority is what can make you deal with your enemies so completely that you make a mockery of them. That is what happened in Colossians 2:15 which says, "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

(2 Kings 6:8-20) tells us that a king considered Elisha as a threat, so he sent an entire army to arrest him. This however turned out to be an impossible mission because Elisha demonstrated spiritual superiority by arresting the entire army when they got to his place. As if that was not enough, he also led them as captives into their enemy's territory.

When God sees a man or woman who is committed to a life of holiness, He will use that fellow to make an open shame of the enemy and arrest arresters. If you get really close to God, you won't pray for your enemies to be destroyed because the Bible says in Psalm 23:5:

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

If all enemies are dead, who will behold your glory? I am praying for you that God will take you to such a level that in the very presence of your enemies, He will be glorified in you, in Jesus' name.

Your ability to exhibit spiritual superiority over the devil happens when you become really close to God. How close do you want to be to God - the Consuming Fire? The elders say that when a leaf stays long with the soap, it will become soap. If you stay sufficiently close to the Consuming Fire, you too will become a consuming fire. If you really want to be able to put your enemies to shame, then you need to get close to the Consuming Fire. The price to pay for this is complete holiness and constant fellowship with God. Fasting and prayers must be your lifestyle.

Without holiness, you cannot even have access to the Lord, talk less of being close to Him. Live holy and you will see the enemy begging you to release them after you have arrested them.

KEY POINT:
When you get sufficiently close to the Consuming Fire, you will also become a consuming fire against your enemies.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALM 112-118

HYMNAL: 23 - TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE

1. Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in endless praise,
Let them flow in endless praise.

2. Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

3. Take my voice and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.

4. Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

5. Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

6. Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Karma And Curses / Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 398
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.