Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional (9905 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/08/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:54am On Mar 25, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: WEDNESDAY 25TH MARCH 2020.
THEME: HE CAN ERASE YOUR PAST.
MEMORISE:
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
READ: Luke 15:11-24
11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
2 Corinthian 5:17-19
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
Jesus came for one assignment: to shed His blood for the remission of our sins. 1 John 3:8 says:
“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
For Jesus to erase your sins, all He needs you to do is confess them. It does not matter how badly you have sinned, the moment you confess and ask Him to be your Lord and Savior, He will cleanse all that unrighteousness away.
The devil however will keep coming to remind you of all your sins. When he comes, quote 1 John 1:9 to him:
“He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”
Tell him that the fellow he is talking about is dead because 2 Corinthians 5:17 says that when you give your life to Christ, you become a new creature and old things have passed away; all things have now become new. Don’t ever all the devil to make you feel guilty for sins that no longer exist as far as God is concerned.
After confessing your sins, you are to forsake them. Proverbs 28:13 says:
“He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.”
Forsaking your sins means throwing away anything connected to your old lifestyle and sincerely resolving never to go back to it. If you still hang around the same friends and places that made you sin, enjoying the same worldly music or movies that your ‘old man’ used to love, then you are unwilling to let God erase your past. Confess your sins and forsake them today, you will experience peace like never before.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, I ask that You erase every sin in my past and give me a brand-new life today in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 12-15
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 29: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 26TH MARCH 2020.
THEME: GOD’S PRINCIPLE.
MEMORISE:
Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatians 6:7
READ: Galatians 6:4-5
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
God has principles and even He abides by them. For example, His principle is that for the cleansing of sins, there must be the shedding of blood, so when the blood of animals was not enough to take away sins, He did not change the principle; rather He sent His own Son (which was a great sacrifice) who was completely unpolluted to shed His blood for our sins (Hebrews :13, 10:12). This is why I wonder how people do things contrary to the principles of God, yet expect good result. If God, in His sovereignty abides by His own principles, then we ought to also.
One of His principles is that if you don’t work, you will not eat (2 Thessalonians 3:10). So, when a lazy fellow is asking for a breakthrough, I wonder if he expects God to drop the money into his lap. If you want to be wealthy, then you have to be willing to work and work hard. Another principle of wealth that God has laid down is the principle of giving. Do you know that even herbalist use this principle and it works? Yes, because God’s principles are universal; whoever obeys them will reap the fruits. The reason many Christians are still in poverty is simply because they do not give. Luke 6:38 says:
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”
One general principle of God is that whatsoever you sow is what you will reap (Galatians 6:7). , This means that if you want kindness, sow kindness to others. If you want help, help others. There are so many prayers that will not be answered until we begin to work in line with God’s principles. His word is yea and amen; you cannot use prayers to cajole Him into going against His word. Do the right thing!
KEY POINT:
When you want something from God, check what His word says about it, then obey.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 16-18
HYMN 30: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:16am On Mar 27, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 27TH MARCH 2020.
THEME: DO YOU RESEMBLE JESUS?
MEMORISE:
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18
READ: John 15:3-7
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
When you ask someone to introduce him or herself, you want the surname, first name and so on. In the above passage, Jesus introduced Himself as the Vine and His Father is the Husbandman. He went on to say in verse two that His children are the branches. At other times, Jesus introduced Himself as the Door, Lamb, Way, Truth, Life, Resurrection, Alpha, Omega and so on. As strange as these illustrations may seem, they carry the true picture of who He is.
He is the Vine and we are His branches; therefore, we are an extension of Him. If you open up a vine and you open up a branch, you would find the same thing in both of the; one is only bigger. That is why Jesus said in John 9:5 that He is the light of the world and then said in Matthew 5:14 that we are the light of the of the world; this simply means that we bear the light of Jesus. 1 John 4:17 tells us that as He is, so are we in this world. In Romans 8:16-17, we are called join heirs with Christ. This means that we are His brothers, this the same genes that are in Him are in us also. Ephesians 2:6 says we are seated together in heavenly places. In Acts 4:13, people saw Peter and John speak and they recognize Jesus in them. All these scriptures make one thing clear; as long as you are a child of God, you are to resemble your Father.
But then, how come we have so many ‘Christians’ who don’t resemble Christ? The answer is in our memory verse for today- they do not behold His glory. If you immerse yourself in God’s presence everyday- studying your Bible and praying, you will begin to resemble Him as the days go by. When a man and a woman have been married a few years, they begin to look, sound and even think alike. That is because they have been spending time together for long. Who you spend time with determine who you become. You want to truly resemble Jesus? Spend time with Him daily.
REFLECTION:
Can anyone take a look at you and say you resemble Jesus Christ in your words and actions?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 19-21
HYMN 13: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 28TH MARCH 2020.
THEME: DUTIES OF THE BRANCH.
MEMORISE:
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:4
READ: John 15:1-5
1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
“If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.”
Since Jesus is the Vine and we are the branches, what then is our duty as a branch? The primary duty of the branch is to bear fruit, to win souls. He said if you don’t bear fruit, then you are no longer qualified to be a branch (John 15:2). How many souls have you won for God since the beginning of this year? Are you sure you are still His branch? In Genesis 1:28, the first commandment to human beings was to be fruitful and multiply. It was a blessing, more importantly, a commandment.
To carry out your duties appropriately as a branch, you must abide- stay connected to the vine. Any branch that disconnects from the Vine will die fruitless. If you don’t abide in Him, how can you bear fruits? You abide in Him by fellowshipping with Him regularly and staying away from sin. He hates sin. So the moment you begin to dip your hands into it, He will disconnect you from Himself. When you abide in Him, He passes spiritual nutrients to you on a regular basis. In other words, in those times of fellowshipping with Him by studying your Bible and praying, you begin to blossom spiritually and the same works that He did during His earthly ministry, you too will begin to do and even more according to John 14:12.
When you start performing the kind of miracles that He performed while on earth, it will be easy to win souls. In fact, the souls will be the ones coming to ask you to let them meet with your God. Abiding in Him is the most important duty of a branch. If you can abide in Him, you will be fruitful and everything else will fall in place.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me the grace to win more souls to Your kingdom.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Joshua 22-24
HYMN 9: HOLD THE FORTH.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 29TH MARCH 2020.
THEME: WORKERS IN THE LORD’S VINEYARD.
MEMORISE:
Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. Acts 6:3
READ: Acts 6:1-7
1And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration.
2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
3 Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:
6 Whom they set before the apostles: and when they had prayed, they laid their hands on them.
7 And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.
Before any organization recruits employees, the criteria for qualification would have been determined. Similarly, there are qualifications God expects all workers in His vineyard to meet up with. In Acts 6:1-3, when the first sets of Church workers were to be selected. It was mandatory that they had an honest report filled with the Holy Ghost. This is how the work of God can grow. After Spirit-filled workers had been chosen in Acts 6, verse 7 says:
“And the word of God increased; and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly; and a great company of the priests were obedient to the faith.”
It is wonderful to work for God but God is not seeking just anyone to work for Him, He is seeking spirit-filled workers. It is pathetic when someone comes to Church for the first time, willing to surrender to Christ and then he sights his girlfriend or someone who asked him for a bribe in the course of the week amongst the workers. He then says to himself “If these are the kind of people serving God, then I am not interested.”
How will the word of God increase when even the workers are not living by it?
Every worker in the Ushering, Media, Choir, Sanitation, Prayer team, Follow-up, Protocol, Evangelism, traffic control, and all other departments must be Spirit-filled. Deuteronomy 34:9 says Joshua was filled with the Spirit of wisdom. He was the Personal Assistant to Moses. Everyone assisting a Pastor to do the work of God must be filled with the Holy Spirit; otherwise they will get him/her into trouble. In 2 Kings 5:20-27, but for the intervention of the Holy Spirit, Gehazi, the Personal Assistant of Elisha could have put him in trouble. There are Church workers who collect money on behalf of their Pastors without informing them. It is dangerous to be unfaithful in your service to God. Just ask Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, as recorded in Leviticus 10:1-3.
REFLECTION:
God is seeking spirit-filled workers, do you qualify?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 1-2
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 30TH MARCH 2020.
THEME: STOP IT!
MEMORISE:
He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy. Proverbs 29:1
READ: Revelation 22:11-12
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
God is merciful. In fact, He is the Father of mercies (2 Corinthians 1:3). Romans 9:15 however tells us His mercy will not always be accessible to everyone.
This means that even though God is merciful, He still reserves the right to withhold His mercy when He wants. Don’t take His mercy for granted. If God has overlooked your wrongdoing a number of times, then I think you should know that the more He overlooks, the less time you have until your cup is full.
A woman- very sick and at the point of death, was brought to me for prayers some years ago. As I laid my hands on her, I felt the anointing flow through my hands like warm oil and when it got to her head, it bounced back. I enquired the cause of this from God and He said He had warned her several times to repent but she had refused; now it was His own turn to refuse to heal her. I ran to the altar and cried for mercy on her behalf; there was hardly any scripture on mercy that I did not quote. Then I ran back and laid hands on her head the second time; the anointing bounced back again. I ran to God pleading for mercy again, laid my hands on her the third time, yet the anointing bounced back. I tried to lay my hand on her head again but it was too late as she had given up the ghost.
In another incident, an elderly man who was the head of the occult in his village led some other cultist into a church where I was preaching. I seized the opportunity to preach the gospel to them with all my heart. When I made the altar call, the leader- the elderly man – was the first to give his life to Jesus. A few weeks later, he passed on.
The woman did not stop when she had the chance to, despite several warnings from God, and she faced the consequences. The elderly man on the other hand was wise enough to stop when he received a warning from God and he must have made it to heaven. Are you still committing one sin or the other? If you are wise, you will heed this warning now and stop it. Don’t wait until He withholds His mercy.
KEY POINT:
If you take mercy of God fror granted, a day will come when He will withhold it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 3-5
HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:27pm On Mar 30, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 31ST MARCH 2020.
THEME: STAGNANT WATER
MEMORISE:
There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. Proverbs 11:24
READ: 2 Corinthians 9:6-8
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
Stagnant water stinks- not necessarily because it is dirty, but because it does not share itself with others. A stream with flowing water on the other hand remains fresh and fragrant. If you are the kind of person who loves to hoard the good things you have, then you are a stagnant water. It may seem like a good idea to hoard your possessions so that you alone can enjoy them, but soon you will discover that you are stinking to everyone else around.
Many people like to hoard knowledge. The moment they know something that can impact others positively, they hide it and refuse to pass it on. Any teacher will tell you that you understand a subject better the more you teach it. This means that the more knowledge you hoard, the duller you become. If you are a student, make a point of duty to always teach your colleagues any subject that you understand and they don’t. This way, you get a better understanding of the subject and stand a better chance of exceling in it.
Anyone who knows me knows that I love to be number one always. My love to be number one has spurred me to always share whatever knowledge I have. The more knowledge I share, the more I receive. This is also applicable in your office; teach others how to get things done. That is what Jesus Christ would have done if He were in your shoes. Do not think that teaching others would make them better than you. Jesus said in John 13:16:
“ Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.”
As long as you don’t relax and stop learning, the people you teach cannot know more than you. As long as you are their teacher, you will keep rising higher. Every true leader long for the growth of others. If you try to inhibit the growth of those around you, they will end up rising above you and leading you, but if you actively pursue their growth, you will realize that God will raise you higher and continue to make you their leader.
REFLECTION:
Do I hoard knowledge from others? Am I a pool of stagnant water?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 6-7
HYMN 19: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 1ST APRIL 2020.
THEME: IF FIRE MUST FALL.
MEMORISE:
The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. Mark 1:3
READ: I Kings 18:30-39
30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.
31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:
32 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
33 And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
34 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.
35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.
36 And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
39 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
Fire represents the potent and unlimited power of the Almighty God and also symbolizes His manifest presence. From the stories of the burning bush in Exodus 3:2-5, to the appearance of a pillar of fire in Exodus 13:21, fire often accompanies appearances of God in the Bible. Fire also signifies the acceptance of sacrifices made unto God as evident in Leviticus 9:24. Likewise, it also depicts divine intervention. The contest between Elijah and the prophets of Baal is a classic example of God’s intervention in a situation with fire.
“Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.” 1 Kings 18:38-39
Whenever the fire of God falls, works of darkness are exposed and destroyed. Supernatural laws become activated, leading to unprecedented miracles, signs and wonders. I therefore call the fire of God to fall on you right now and destroy every work of darkness around you in the mighty name of Jesus. However, according to our Bible reading today, some activities must precede the manifestation of divine fire.
Firstly, one must be born again. This make you a bona fide member of the family of God. Secondly, we have to keep the altar of God in our lives pure and deal with sin decisively. Thirdly, we must obey all His instructions promptly and completely. These three steps will bring down the fire of God into your situation.
Are you standing at the crossroads seeking divine guidance? God requires absolute devotion from you. Jeremiah 29:13 says “And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Seek God with all your heart and He will visit your situation with His fire in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, help me to do everything necessary to bring down Your fire in my life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 8-9
HYMN 25: ROCK OF AGES, CLEFT FOR ME.
1. Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save from wrath and make me pure.
2. Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save, and Thou alone.
3. Nothing in my hand I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress;
Helpless, look to Thee for grace;
Foul, I to the fountain fly;
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
4. While I draw this fleeting breath,
When my eyes shall close in death,
When I rise to worlds unknown,
And behold Thee on Thy throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 2ND APRIL 2020.
THEME: THE BENEFITS OF TEMPORAL DEATH.
MEMORISE:
And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them. Revelation 14:13
READ: 2 Kings 13:14-21
14 Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof.
15 And Elisha said unto him, Take bow and arrows. And he took unto him bow and arrows.
16 And he said to the king of Israel, Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king's hands.
17 And he said, Open the window eastward. And he opened it. Then Elisha said, Shoot. And he shot. And he said, The arrow of the LORD's deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from Syria: for thou shalt smite the Syrians in Aphek, till thou have consumed them.
18 And he said, Take the arrows. And he took them. And he said unto the king of Israel, Smite upon the ground. And he smote thrice, and stayed.
19 And the man of God was wroth with him, and said, Thou shouldest have smitten five or six times; then hadst thou smitten Syria till thou hadst consumed it: whereas now thou shalt smite Syria but thrice.
20 And Elisha died, and they buried him. And the bands of the Moabites invaded the land at the coming in of the year.
21 And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.
The Bible mentions two kind of death: physical and temporal, which is the termination of life on earth and then eternal death. The latter is the final complete separation from God. When temporal death occurs, it opens the way to eternal life for children of God, but leads to eternal death for those who did not accept Jesus Christ during their physical existence.
Life is full of challenges that bring stress to the body and tension to the soul. The Bible presents this dilemma in Job 14:1 by saying “Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble.” As a result, the aging process takes its toll on everyone to the point that many aged persons become totally dependent on the society and are unable to help themselves. 2 Kings 13:14 says:
“ Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face…..”
The Bible records Elisha’s sickness as a natural occurrence and not a result of punishment. Great Bible characters like Isaac, Jacob and King David had almost identical experiences in old age, and a similar fate awaits all human beings. However, temporal death enables the body to escape the agony of sickness, particularly that which comes as a result of old age. But for death, my Father-in-the-Lord, Pa Josiah Akindayomi would still be enduring a body weakened by age. Thanks be to God; he is now at rest. Revelation 14:13 and Revelation 21:4 tells us sweet and wonderful thing that God reserves for His children after they experience temporal death. The saints will enter into rest from earthly labors and begin to reap the fruits of righteousness. They will not experience eternal death, sorrow, crying and pain.
I pray that as you close your eyes in physical death, you will rise to eternal life of Joy and peace with the Lord, in the mighty name of Jesus.
KEY POINT:
Temporal death marks the end of physical life but not the end of existence. Seek eternal life to escape eternal death.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 10-12
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:30am On Apr 03, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 3RD APRIL 2020.
THEME: THE AGONIES OF SPIRITUAL DEATH.
MEMORISE:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17
READ: 1 Samuel 3:1-15
1And the child Samuel ministered unto the LORD before Eli. And the word of the LORD was precious in those days; there was no open vision.
2 And it came to pass at that time, when Eli was laid down in his place, and his eyes began to wax dim, that he could not see;
3 And ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD, where the ark of God was, and Samuel was laid down to sleep;
4 That the LORD called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I.
5 And he ran unto Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou calledst me. And he said, I called not; lie down again. And he went and lay down.
6 And the LORD called yet again, Samuel. And Samuel arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And he answered, I called not, my son; lie down again.
7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD, neither was the word of the LORD yet revealed unto him.
8 And the LORD called Samuel again the third time. And he arose and went to Eli, and said, Here am I; for thou didst call me. And Eli perceived that the LORD had called the child.
9 Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
10 And the LORD came, and stood, and called as at other times, Samuel, Samuel. Then Samuel answered, Speak; for thy servant heareth.
11 And the LORD said to Samuel, Behold, I will do a thing in Israel, at which both the ears of every one that heareth it shall tingle.
12 In that day I will perform against Eli all things which I have spoken concerning his house: when I begin, I will also make an end.
13 For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.
14 And therefore I have sworn unto the house of Eli, that the iniquity of Eli's house shall not be purged with sacrifice nor offering for ever.
15 And Samuel lay until the morning, and opened the doors of the house of the LORD. And Samuel feared to shew Eli the vision.
Spiritual death, described in the Bible as separation from God is a consequence of sin. It ultimately leads to eternal death if there is no repentance before physical death or the second coming of Christ. People who are spiritually dead are often ignorant of their status because when a person die spiritually, he or she may continue to live a normal life physically. Such people may be intelligent and successful in their chosen professions; they may even be morally upright and committed to ‘good works.’ Spiritual death is characterized primarily by a lack of communication between God and man. It is a state of complete severance of communion with God.
The Bible in Matthew 4:16, tells us categorically that the two major symptoms of spiritual death are darkness and the shadow of death. A man/woman that has been separated from God is living in darkness and totally unaware of the imminent dangers surrounding him/her. Often, calamities suddenly envelop such a man with neither warning nor remedy. Unless such a person retraces his or her steps to God in genuine repentance, the agony of spiritual death becomes a real experience. I pray for anyone that may be experiencing this: The Lord will deliver you today in the mighty name of Jesus.
To be spiritually dead is to live without God’s counsel and guidance. The Bible further hinted at the symptoms of spiritual death in Ephesians 4:18 by saying:
“ Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:”
Most human beings have come to accept a life of “suffering and smiling” as normal. However, John 10:10 tells us that Jesus came for us to have life in abundance. Therefore, you can confess your sins to God in true repentance and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior. Backsliders should also retrace their steps to God. Jesus in His love and mercy will reconnect with you and your life will never be the same again.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please deliver me and my family from the agony of spiritual death, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 13-15
HYMN 20: MY GOD TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 4TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: THE AGONIES OF ETERNAL DEATH.
MEMORISE:
And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 13:42
READ: Revelation 21:8
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Eternal death is the same as damnation to hell. It describes the condition of living in eternal without God. Eternal death is for those who die physically and depart this world without repentance from sin and acceptance of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. This is also known as the second death, which is the final banishment of unbelievers from God’s presence. To this effect, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9 says:
“And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:”
The agony of eternal death may be described in two major ways: (1) The loss of eternal peace of joy with God. (2) The hardship of eternal damnation in hell fire.
Romans 6:23 categorically states that eternal life is a gift from God. Romans 1:16 further tells us that this precious gift is available to those who believe in the saving power of the name of Jesus. Eternal life provides humanity with rest from the troubles of life and grants the pleasure of being in God’s presence forever. Thus, missing out on eternal life will be a major agony of eternal death. The second major agony of eternal death comes from the suffering, pain and anguish of hell itself. The Bible describes hell as an everlasting fire that is prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41). Dwelling with the devil and his angels will be such a horrific experience. I pray that you will not partake in the agony of eternal death in the mighty name of Jesus.
To escape this agony, simply accept Christ as your Lord and Savior. If you are saved already, congratulations! Please guard your salvation diligently to the end (1 Corinthians 10:12). Acts 4:12 says “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.”
KEY POINT:
Father, please don’t let me partake in the agony of eternal death, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 16-18
HYMN 30: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 5TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: THE VALUE OF YOUR SERVICE.
MEMORISE:
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 1 Corinthians 3:15
READ: 1 Corinthians 3:1-15
1And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.
10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Our God is great and mighty, the supreme ruler and final authority in heaven and on earth. He deserves the best of all things; He does not accept service that is substandard from anyone, neither does He reward anyone that offers halfhearted service to Him. Romans 12:11 reveals God’s hatred for slothful attitude to life and His service. It also shows a clear preference for people who are fervent in spirit and committed to His work.
Romans 12:1 says:
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”
While God is concerned about the quality of our service, He is even more concerned about our character and way of life. If the lifestyle of a person is not acceptable to God, then whatever service the fellow renders may not have real value to Him. The Bible in Ephesians 6:6-7 lays emphasis on rendering acceptable service not as men pleasers, but doing the will of God from the heart, as unto Him and not to men. 2 Timothy 2:21 speaks about the personality God will use: “ If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.”
From the scripture above, it is very clear that God will not accept service of those not in right standing with Him.
1 Corinthians 3:13 also makes it clear that God will critically examine the works and service we render to Him and reward each person accordingly. Substandard service shall be consumed by fire, making such efforts a loss to the concerned persons. I pray that your service shall be acceptable to God and be rewarded accordingly, in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let my works pass the test of fire on the last day, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 19-21
HYMN 18: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 6TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: CONTENTMENT IS PRICELESS.
MEMORISE:
But godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6
READ: 2 Kings 4:8-17
8 And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
9 And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
10 Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
11 And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.
12 And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.
13 And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldest thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.
14 And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.
15 And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.
16 And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.
17 And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that Elisha had said unto her, according to the time of life.
Money can be a blessing or a trap, depending on one’s attitude towards it. Money is a powerful weapon against poverty and plays such a vital role in life that Ecclesiastes 10:19 presents it as the answer to all things. It is this great power and influence attached to money that makes financial prosperity the desire of almost every human being.
Contentment however, is an important virtue that money cannot buy. Ecclesiastes 5:10 teaches that anyone who loves money will never be satisfied with it, and whoever loves wealth will continue to seek more.
I have repeatedly told my children that being wealthy is not evil and there is nothing godly about poverty. A poor person who refuses to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior will end up in hell, while a wealthy person who is born again will surely make it to heaven. When it comes to money, the real issue for us as Christians is our attitude towards it. Some have become slaves to money. Some also worship money and would do anything to get as much of it as they can. 1 Timothy 6:10 says:
“For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.”
I pray for everyone who money has dragged away from God and may be in any kind of sorrow right now: Be delivered today and receive the grace to renew your fellowship with God in the mighty name of Jesus.
Godliness and contentment are gifts from God that money cannot buy. We must be able to say like Apostle Paul “….for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content.” (Philippians 4:11). May the Lord break the hold of covetousness over your life and fill you with godliness and contentment in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please fill my life with Your blessings that money cannot buy, in the mighty name of Jesus.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ruth 1-4
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: TUESDAY 7TH APRIL, 2020.
THEME: CHOOSE GOD’S WILL.
MEMORISE:
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live. – Deuteronomy 30:19.
READ: JOSHUA 24:13-18 (KJV).
13. And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat.
14. Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth; and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
15. And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
16. And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods;
17. For the LORD our God, he it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed;
18. And the LORD drave out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land; therefore will we also serve the LORD; for he is our God.
Genesis 1:28 tells us that in the beginning when God created humanity, He commissioned us to
“…Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”.
To fully understand this assignment and successfully carry it out, God created us in His image so we may possess some of His divine attributes.
One of which is the freewill to make choices. That is, the ability to reason and make decisions based on available options. Making choices is a deliberate act of will and is vital for our survival.
However, the fact that humanity was created with the freedom of choice is being overstretched by many today to mean that man is a free moral agent with the liberty to act as he/she wishes, without recourse to God.
Take this as a serious warning: the notion that a person can do whatever he/she likes in this world without repercussions is a lie from the pit of hell.
Ecclesiastes 11:9 instructs the youth to rejoice and celebrate with the consciousness that God will judge all things.
This is confirmed by the word of God in
Ecclesiastes 12:14 that says
“For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”
Revelation 22:12 also says:
“And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.”
Children of God should therefore make choices and decisions carefully, knowing that God will bring everything to judgement.
Don’t make choices that will lead to sin, sickness, failure, demonic attack or death.
Exercise your will to make decisions that will bring peace, prosperity, divine health, joy in the Holy Ghost, fulfilment of destiny, and eternal life with Jesus.
Choose life by accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Choose God’s will. Choose life (Deuteronomy 30:15-20).
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to make choices that will lead to eternal life, in the mighty name of Jesus..
AUTHOR: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 SAMUEL 1-3.
HYMN 12: I AM THINE O LORD
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 8TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: HOLIER THAN THOU I.
MEMORISE:
Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day. Isaiah 65:5
READ: Isaiah 65:1-7
1I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.
2 I have spread out my hands all the day unto a rebellious people, which walketh in a way that was not good, after their own thoughts;
3 A people that provoketh me to anger continually to my face; that sacrificeth in gardens, and burneth incense upon altars of brick;
4 Which remain among the graves, and lodge in the monuments, which eat swine's flesh, and broth of abominable things is in their vessels;
5 Which say, Stand by thyself, come not near to me; for I am holier than thou. These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day.
6 Behold, it is written before me: I will not keep silence, but will recompense, even recompense into their bosom,
7 Your iniquities, and the iniquities of your fathers together, saith the LORD, which have burned incense upon the mountains, and blasphemed me upon the hills: therefore will I measure their former work into their bosom.
There is a worrisome trend in Christendom today: many people claiming to be holier than other. While I am a serious advocate for holy living, I am not in support of condemning other because of the assumption that they are not as holy as you. We must acknowledge that we are what we are by the grace of God ( 1 Corinthians 15:10) and no one can be holy except by this grace.
“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.” Jude 1:24-25
So, when you see someone living a questionable life, do not condemn him/her, rather pray that God gives the person grace to live holy. It is okay to correct someone who has done wrong, but if it is not done in love, you most likely will not get the positive result.
Many people have given up on faith because some Christians have condemned them. The hurting and reproachful words spoken to them have pushed them far away from God rather than closer to Him. This is not good at all. Let love reign. Let tour actions be guided by the intention to bring people out of darkness, not because you deliberately want to hurt them by pointing out their flaws.
If anyone is backsliding I your local assembly, pray for such as you lovingly try to restore them according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
Don’t laugh at any backslider, don’t look at them with disgust. The father of the prodigal son never mentioned all the ills the boy had done, he just embraced him in love.
From today, begin to walk in love with people in your family, church, workplace and everywhere else. See them with the eyes of Jesus and He will not only convert them but will also draw them unto Himself by His power.
KEY POINT:
Jesus is depending on you to show His love to the people of the world. Don’t push them away.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 4-8
HYMN 2: ALL T JESUS I SURRENDER.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:30pm On Apr 08, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 9TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: HOLIER THAN THOU II.
MEMORISE:
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Galatians 6:1
READ: John 8:1-11
1Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
“Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.” Matthew 7:5
Many people condemn those in error so as to feel good- not necessarily because they want to bring them to Christ. The men who tried to stone the adulterous woman in today’s Bible reading are classic examples. They wanted to show how faithful they were, but did not know Jesus would eventually puncture their self-righteousness.
When you correct others to raise your self-esteem, you lower theirs and break their already bruised reed. This makes it harder for them to submit to the Christ you preach. If this happens, you can incur God’s wrath, He could turn against you. Do you want Jesus to turn against you?
When Jesus turns against anyone, it can lead to public disgrace, in the story above, Jesus turned against the men who were going to stone the adulterous woman and stood on her side, so she could get the chance to begin to live a holy life. Those who conspired to disgrace her left there in shame. You will not end up in shame in the mighty name of Jesus.
It is very painful to see some Christians gifting souls to the devil because of their “holier than thou” attitude. Even in a bar, alcoholics buy drinks for one another and one would hardly be able to tell which one of them cannot afford to buy a drink. If this happens in such a setting, how much more should we look out for one another in the house of God?
If a pregnant teenage girl is disdained by her church members, the nightclub or brothel would readily accept her. This is why many fallen Christians go deeper into sin. Rebuke in love. Let your words to erring brethren lift the hands that are falling, and raise the feeble knees (Job 4:4). We should not be like that proverbial army that specializes in shooting down its already wounded soldiers.
KEY POINT:
Check you motive before you correct a sinner. Is it love or just the will to reduce their self-esteem?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 9-12
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:22am On Apr 10, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 10TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: THE DEATH OF JESUS I.
MEMORISE:
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15
READ: Ephesians 2:13-18
13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
The death of Jesus Christ on the cross opened up a new era in Christianity. The first thing that happened when Jesus died was that the veil of the temple was torn into two. Matthew 27:50-51 tells us:
“Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;”
The torn veil was what separated the holy of holies from the rest of the temple. The only person allowed into the holy of holies was the High Priest, but the moment Jesus died, He went to stand in the place of the veil, so it had to give way. Now, everyone has full access to the Father through Jesus. John 14:6 tells us- “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
If you want to meet with God, you had better make Jesus your friend. We know that Jesus is the Word of God. This means that to access God, you must always study the word of God. When you read the Bible, you access the mind of God and you can relate with Him on a new level. That is why I pity Pastors who only read their Bible to prepare messages; they have lost that intimate relationship with God and cannot know His mind.
Before Jesus died, people used to depend on the High Priest to talk to God of hear from Him, but now, Jesus has bridged the gap. We can access God, speak with Him and hear from Him by ourselves. It is because Jesus died that I can call God “Daddy”. How is your relationship with God? Jesus died because He wanted you to have an intimate relationship with Him. God loves you, that is why He sent His son to die for you so He can talk to you one on one. To what extent are you open to God? He wants to help you with every inadequacy in your life. All He requires is that you are completely open and dedicated to Him.
PRAYER POINT:
Lord, don’t let Your death for me be in vain.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 13-14
HYMN 27: I AM SO GLAD THAT OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 11TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: THE DEATH OF JESUS II.
MEMORISE:
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
READ: John 1:1-14
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.
8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
When Jesus died on the cross, He bore all our sins with Him. According to 1 Peter 2:24:
“ Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.”
Without Jesus’ death and resurrection, it would be impossible for anyone to be dead to sin. Now, we are above sin because Jesus destroyed its power on the cross. For anyone who connects with Jesus, His blood will wash away their sins and they will receive an unusual grace to live above it. Again, Jesus being the Word of God means that if you are constantly reading and meditating on the Scriptures, then you will live above sin, David said in Psalm 119:11 “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”
Jesus Christ Himself said in John 17:17 “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” This means that the word of God sanctifies. It is when you have the word dwelling richly in you that you have the supernatural power to live above sin.
Note that 1 Peter 2:24 says “that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness…..” This is contrary to the doctrine of ‘grace’ preachers when they say we can continue to sin once we have accepted Christ. No, His death on the cross gives grace to be dead to sin and live righteously, not to live in unrighteousness. Revelation 1:5 says: “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,” he shed His blood on the cross so as to wash us from our sins, not to permit us to commit it.
After your sin have been washed away by the blood of Jesus, you need the word of God to keep you sanctified. As you study the word of God diligently, the Holy Spirit will be ministering unto you and He will help you conform to the image of Christ.
REFLECTION:
How often do you study your Bible?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 15-17
HYMN 5: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 12TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: HE LIVES FOREVER.
MEMORISE:
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:3
READ: John 20:1-9
1The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
2 Then she runneth, and cometh to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the LORD out of the sepulchre, and we know not where they have laid him.
3 Peter therefore went forth, and that other disciple, and came to the sepulchre.
4 So they ran both together: and the other disciple did outrun Peter, and came first to the sepulchre.
5 And he stooping down, and looking in, saw the linen clothes lying; yet went he not in.
6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.
9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
The first thing Jesus’s resurrection from the dead does is that it assures us we are not serving a dead God. Our God is alive forevermore!
Jesus Himself says in Revelations 1:18:
“I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen…”
When He rose and ascended to Heaven, He made room for the Holy Spirit to descend on us. According to John 16:17:
“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.”
If you know me very well, you would know that I love the Holy Spirit. Oh, thank God that Jesus rose and ascended to Heaven. It is because He sent the Holy Spirit to us that we are able to heal the sick, make the barren fruitful and raise the dead.
Jesus’ rising up and going to sit at the right hand of the Father means that we have an advocate in Heaven, pleading our case. It is because He rose that no matter how dirty you are, no matter how far you have been in the world, you can come to the throne of grace and obtain mercy from God because Jesus will plead for you. He has been tempted too, so you can share your temptations with Him and ask Him for grace to overcome them like He did His.
Ultimately, when He rose, He went to prepare a place for His people in Heaven. Those of us who love Him do His will (John 14:15), and we have the assurance that a mansion is waiting for us in Heaven when we leave this world (John 14:3). This however, is sad news for those who commit sin, because they will be going to hell with the devil (Matthew 25:41). Do not allow Jesus’ death and resurrection be in vain over your life.
REFLECTION:
With your current lifestyle, are you amongst those whom Jesus has prepared a mansion for in Heaven?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 18-20
HYMN 3: BE GLAD IN THE LORD AND REJOICE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 13TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: PRAYERS FOR SELF.
MEMORISE:
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
READ: Philippians 4:6-9
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
PRAYERS:
1. Bless the name of the Lord, thank Him for making you see this day, bless the Alpha and the Omega, give Him glory and adoration.
2. Father, destroy any form of sickness in my body and grant me divine health for the rest of my life.
3. Father, You said You would supply all my needs according to Your riches in glory; Lord, please fulfil Your promise and meet all my needs.
4. Father, empower me to know You more, to love You more and to serve You better than ever before.
5. Father, empower me to perform great miracles and to win souls to Your kingdom more than ever before.
6. Father, open great doors for me, order my steps and help me to access all you have prepared for me.
7. Father, please keep evil far away from all my loved ones. Hide us in You at all times.
8. Father, as You ordered in the case of Hamman and Mordecai, let my enemies fall into their own traps.
9. Fathers, smile on me today, let me see and enjoy Your favor every day of my life.
10. Father, every time I call on You, please answer me by fire.
11. Lord, like You prayed for Peter, please pray for me.
12. Your special prayer requests.
I stand in agreement with you today and that God will grant your requests in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT:
With Jesus, you can reap all the benefits of eternal life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 21-24
HYMN 15: IN CHRIST ALONE.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 14TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: BEWARE OF SPIES.
MEMORISE:
Trust ye not in a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom. Micah 7:5
READ: 2 Samuel 22
And David spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul:
2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;
6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;
7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
8 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.
9 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.
12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
13 Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled.
14 The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.
15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them.
16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
17 He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters;
18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me.
19 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay.
20 He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
21 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
23 For all his judgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them.
24 I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity.
25 Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.
26 With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.
27 With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
28 And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down.
29 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
30 For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall.
31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
34 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places.
35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great.
37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.
38 I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
39 And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen under my feet.
40 For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.
41 Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies, that I might destroy them that hate me.
42 They looked, but there was none to save; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
43 Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth, I did stamp them as the mire of the street, and did spread them abroad.
44 Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen: a people which I knew not shall serve me.
45 Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.
46 Strangers shall fade away, and they shall be afraid out of their close places.
47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
48 It is God that avengeth me, and that bringeth down the people under me.
49 And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
50 Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
51 He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.
Spying is a military strategy. In Numbers 13:1-21, God directed Moses to send spies into Canaan. In Joshua 2:1, Joshua sent spies to Jericho. The devil also uses spies. In 2 Kings 6:13-14, the king of Syria sent spies after Elisha. When the target is a great one, the spy is usually recruited from within. Judas Iscariot, one of Jesus’ disciples was recruited to spy on Him. There is a saying that if the enemy within cannot kill a fellow, neither can the one outside. This is why you need to beware of spies, especially the ones close to you.
Spies collect information from careless talk. Ephesians 5:4 warns us to be careful of careless talk, even jesting. Spies ask questions to know your thoughts and plans. Proverbs 18:7 says:
“A fool's mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.”
Many people are trapped by their loose tongues. If you are already succeeding, know that there is a spy ready to pretend to be your friend, so be careful of what you say. Be careful of the information you let out, no matter how trivial you think it is. One day, I went on a visit and someone offered to get me a particular brand of soft drink, only for another fellow to insist that I have a preference for another brand entirely. I thought oh, so I have been observed! Should the devil decide to get at me, he could use that drink. That day, I bid that preferred brand bye-bye. The devil can use the most minute information to get at anyone, however, your Ally can deal with the spy. He said in Matthew 15:13:
“…Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.”
It is really not your duty to begin to look out for spies, let your Ally deal with them (Psalm 54:4), you just watch your tongue. Proverbs 29:11 says:
“A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.”
KEY POINT:
Be careful, especially with your words.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 7, 27, 31, 34 & 52.
HYMN 18: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 15TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: RIVERS OF LIVING WATER.
MEMORISE:
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17
READ: John 7:37-38
37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Baptism of the Holy Spirit is a spiritual experience that is highly misunderstood in Christendom today. It was prophesied in Joel 2:28:
“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:”
It was promised by John the Baptist in Matthew 3:11 “I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after …shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:”. This was then actualized by Jesus Christ when He said “But ye shall receive power after tat the Holy Ghost is come upon you…” (Acts 1:cool. This is the means by which the Holy Spirit initiates Christians into spiritual communion with Jesus Christ, with the evidence of speaking in tongues and for the purpose of equipping them for God’s service.
Joel 2:28 and Acts 1:8 clearly states that the outpouring of the Holy Spirit gives access to some supernatural gift and abilities like prophecy, healing and vision.
To receive the baptism of the Holy spirit, one must develop an insatiable hunger and thirst for His infilling (John 7:37-38). In the scripture above, Jesus said anyone that believes in Him as the Holy Spirit Baptizer, will become a source of living water. He also said that those who drink from Him willnever thirst again (John 4:14). Acts 2:38-39 says “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. For the promise is unto you…..” God provided the Holy Spirit as a means of solving all human problems. However, we must first repent of all our sins, accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior and then receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. May the living waters flow through you to the whole world in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please fill me with the Holy Spirit that Your power may flow through me, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 56, 120, 140-142.
HYMN 19: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 16TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: THE VESSEL GOD USES.
MEMORISE:
That ye may remember, and do all my commandments, and be holy unto your God. Numbers 15:40
READ: 2 Timothy 2:19-22
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the
God has great need for loyal and trusted hands for His work here on earth. The Bible establishes the fact that all inhabitants of the world in their billions are potential vessels in the hands of of the Almighty. However, Matthew 9:37 tells us that though the kingdom assignment is great and plenteous, the laborers to execute it are few. This indicates that while there are billions of potential vessels for use by God, only few actually qualify. Any vessel that God would use must meet some strict conditions. I this wise, Matthew 20:16 confirm to us that many are called; only a few are chosen. 2 Timothy 2:21 gives a detailed description of the kind of vessel God will use:
“ If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.”
Therefore, the vessel God would use must be holy, honorable, dedicated and available. Each time I see people handling the business of God with levity, I always wonder if they understand the nature of the service, they have been called into. God is Holy. He is so righteous that He cannot behold iniquity. For you to be a vessel in His service you must be holy. He is so righteous that He cannot behold iniquity. For you to be a vessel in His service you must be holy in thoughts and conduct. Those who continue in sin and live a hypocritical lifestyle cannot be blessed in the service of the Lord. Those who rendered acceptable service in the Scriptures like Abraham, Enoch, Joseph and Daniel, made up their minds to abstain from anything that could pollute them. This however, cannot be done by mere self-will but through the grace of the Almighty God, which is more than sufficient (Titus 2:11-12).
Yes, uncountable people are available for God’s use, but only those who purge themselves of filthy habits shall become vessels unto honor, sanctified and suitable for the Master’s service.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to become a vessel unto honor, fit for the Master’s use, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 25-27
HYMN 12: I AM THINE OH LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 17TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: ARE YOU KNOWN BY HIM?
MEMORISE:
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. John 10:14
READ: Matthew 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
It is one thing to know God and a completely different matter to be known by God. To know God is highly rewarding. Daniel 11:32 tells us that: “…..but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” This is true of every character in the Bible who had an intimate knowledge of God like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Job, Moses, Deborah, David and the apostles of Jesus Christ.
However, as glorious and beneficial as it is to know God, it is far more glorious and profitable to be known by God. God is the All-knowing creator of all things and He is fully aware of the existence of every living soul. So, when we speak of being known by God, we are talking of mere awareness, but of recognition and acknowledgement. All those who God recognized in the Bible were commended, vouched for and equipped to operate at a supernatural level. In 2 Timothy 2:19 the Bible says:
“Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”
This is a very strong statement coming from the Almighty God Himself. The foundation of God is the surest reality on earth and in heaven, this foundation is sealed with the knowledge of God about His people. The verse further hinges the condition for attracting the special recognition of God on departing from sin and living a holy life. Every character in the Bible that fulfilled this condition gained God’s confidence and special recognition. It is therefore the knowledge of God about a person that enables such a person to confidently and effectively represent God. 2 Corinthians 10:18 says “For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.”
The question is, are you known by God!
PRAYER POINT:
Father, I want to be known by You as one of Your special children, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 17,35,54 & 63.
HYMN 13: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 18TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: DIVINE HELP.
MEMORISE:
And he said, If the LORD do not help thee, whence shall I help thee? Out of the barnfloor, or out of the winepress? 2Kings 6:27
READ: Psalm 121:1-3
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
I once told my children that, based on human experience, life is generally believed to be hard and full of sorrows. A combination of factors may be responsible for this. First among these is found in 1 Peter 5:8: “…your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour.” Furthermore, Genesis 3:17 says “…cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it..”
The implication of these passage on unsaved people is so great that Job 14:1 had to say “Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.” For the above reasons, every human being needs divine help and support. In the name that is above all others, you will receive divine help to carry on in life. Isaiah 41:10 says:
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
Yes, our God is ever ready to help in times of trouble, but many Christians seem to take this for granted until things begin to get out of hand. Whenever you are struggling with sin or addicted to a bad habit, when you find yourself moving in cycles of poverty and sickness or delayed fulfilment of prophesies; it is time to seek divine help. Remember that only God’s help gives permanent solutions to human problems. Therefore, in line with Hebrews 4:16, “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” you must first obtain mercy. Genuinely give your life to Christ, meditate on God’s word at all times (Joshua 1:8-9) and depend completely on the Holy Spirit to access divine help. This is the secret of my success in life and ministry as the General Overseer of the RCCG. I cannot *thank* God enough for the tremendous help I always enjoy from Him. I pray the Lord will send divine help to you today in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let Your divine help be available to me always, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 28-31.
HYMN 7: GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 19TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: GROW IN GRACE.
MEMORISE:
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:18
READ: 1 Peter 2:9-12
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.
11 Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;
12 Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.
The word grace connotes God’s benevolence to the underserving. Grace empower Christians to do both the ordinary and extraordinary (2 Corinthians 9:cool.
However, if you do not grow in grace after being born again, making heaven may become increasingly difficult. This is why peter advise Christians to grow in grace as seen in today’s memory verse.
When anyone stays at the level of salvation and fails to grow, there is a great possibility of backsliding. For this reason, Paul rebuked the church in Corinth. Despite being saved, they didn’t aspire to holy living (1 Corinthians 3:1-3).
What are the effects of growing in grace?
According to today’s memory verse, steadily growing in grace helps us avoid lust and worldliness. When a Christian allows such into his/her life, there will be a gradual spiritual decline which is very dangerous. To avoid this decline, we must follow Peter’s counsel- desire the sincere milk of the word ( 1 Peter 2:2). We must also strive to keep our salvation, working it out with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12)- not in riotous or careless living, but in sobriety and modesty. When we grow in grace, it will not be difficult to live in obedience to God’s word.
“…Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.” Zechariah 4:6
The benefit of godly living is further stressed in Zechariah 4:7 “Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.” A life of grace will do wonders.
Today, I adapt an Apostolic prayer for you: “The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you” (1 Corinthians 16:23), now and forever more. Amen.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, give me a hunger for Your word. Cause me to grow in the grace of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 121, 123,-125, 128-130.
HYMN 12: I AM THINE O LORD.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Brunicekid(m): 9:49pm On Apr 18, 2020
Wonderful.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 20TH APRIL 2020.
THEME: READY FOR SERVICE?
MEMORISE:
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. Acts 1:8
READ: John 15:16
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
All Christians are saved and given the mandate to go into the world to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and bring others into the Kingdom of God. Every Christian has also been equipped with all that is necessary to carry out the assignment. The Bible makes it clear that God does not give an assignment to His children without providing the necessary tools to execute the task. Before God sent the disciples out as witnesses to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and uttermost parts of the earth, they were first filled with the power of the Holy Spirit is the One who equips the saints for tasks in the vineyard of God. The importance of the Holy Spirit is emphasized in Luke 24:49:
“…..behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.” The Holy Spirit is so crucial for service that the disciples were told to remain in Jerusalem until His power came upon them.
When God calls anyone into a spiritual office, it is because He has a role for such a person to play in His redemption plan for mankind. Isaiah 61:1 says:
“The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;”
The Holy Spirit gives hope to the hopeless, healing to the sick and life to the spiritually dead persons. Acts 10:38 reveals that it is the anointing of the Holy Spirit that enabled Jesus to do all that He did. Hence, if we are to do the same and even greater works (John 14:12), then we must also be filled with the Holy Spirit. Are you ready for service?
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please anoint and equip me for greater works, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 1-4

HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 21ST APRIL 2020.
THEME: DESIGNED FOR GREATNESS.
MEMORISE:
7 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; Genesis 22:17
READ: Genesis 26:11-14
11 And Abimelech charged all his people, saying, He that toucheth this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
The fact that God designed humanity for greatness is clearly stated in the Bible. Many however, still doubt this reality despite the record in Genesis 1:26-30 where God decided to create mankind in His own image and likeness. He commanded them to be fruitful, multiply, replenish the earth, subdue it and also to have dominion over all creation. God did not only bestow greatness on humanity in Genesis 1:26-28, He also ensured all creation was subject to man.
Though the fall of Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:1-19) married this divine plan, the suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ has restored the lost glory to humanity (John 17:22). For this reason, the Bible emphasizes that God’s design for greatness remains intact in every born-again child of God according to 1 Peter 2:9 that says:
“ But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;”
This is profound. Every child of God living holy and committed to spreading the gospel of Jesus Christian is bound to experience greatness. Therefore, searching for greatness through dubious, sinful, immoral, or criminal methods, is merely a demonstration of foolishness. Seeking greatness anywhere apart from God is an exercise in futility. The power of God to make you great rest squarely on His personality as the Almighty and unlimited God. If you desire to be great, do not waste your money, time and energy in pursuit of greatness outside God; it will end in disappointment and failure (Matthew 16:27). Surrender your life and ambition for greatness to Jesus today then He will save your soul and make you great indeed- far beyond your wildest imaginations. Praise God!
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let your great plans for my life become a reality very soon, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 6, 8-10,14,16,19 & 21.

HYMN 15: I AM SO GLAD THAT OUR FATHER IN HEAVEN.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 22ND APRIL 2020.
THEME: IF YOU WOULD BE RICH, PRAY!
MEMORISE:
Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not. James 4:2
READ: 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
9 And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10 And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
Wealth is generally interpreted as an abundance of valuable possessions or money. The Bible speaks of wealthy families, nations and also wealthy individuals like Abraham, Job, David Solomon, and the Queen of Sheba. Worthy of note is the fact that positive references to wealth are few in the Bible. Many statements of Jesus could be viewed as harsh criticisms of wealth. In Mark 10:23-25, He said it is extremely difficult for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God. In Mark 4:19, the quest for wealth chokes God’s word. Matthew 6:24 says one cannot serve God and Mammon, 1 Timothy 6:9-10 declares that “the love of money” is the root of all kinds of evil. To wrap it up Luke 6:24 concluded by saying “Woe to you who are rich”. Revelations 3:17 says: “Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing…..”
However, there is a good side to wealth. Since the beginning of the world, God has created an abundance of good things for human beings to enjoy. Christians however need to have a good understanding of the true nature of earthly riches, and acknowledge God as the source of all blessings. Deuteronomy 8:18 says:
“But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth,”
Hence, having riches is not the problem, but having a wrong attitude towards it. Riches should be thankfully received, and Christians must value heavenly riches above earthly wealth. Earthly riches are to be used in the service of the Creator and the true owner of all things. God has the power to make anyone wealthy, therefore His children do not have to live in penury, I have however discovered that the poverty of many Christians is not out of laziness or lack of ambition, but due to prayerless lifestyle. If you would be rich, then you must be ready to continuously knock on the doors of heaven with prayer, until your breakthrough comes.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to wrestle in prayers until my breakthrough comes, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Chronicles 1-2

HYMN 11: PASS ME NOT O GENTLE SAVIOR.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:35am On Apr 23, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 23RD APRIL 2020.
THEME: JOY LIKE A RIVER.
MEMORISE:
A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken. Proverb 15:13
READ: Psalm 51:10-13
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Joy is a powerful fruit of the Holy Spirit. It is the privilege of every Christian to walk in the light, to have all round peace, and experience joy that flows like a river. There is a difference between happiness and joy; happiness is usually triggered by happenings around a person. A negative turn in circumstances could spoil or ruin happiness. However, joy flows right on through times of trouble, unhindered through dark and difficult periods of life and even in times of persecution or opposition. Nothing hinders the flow of joy because it is not dependent on any earthly condition, but on a spiritual conviction. Joy is an exclusive privilege of the children of God; He gives Hie people perpetual joy as a reward of obedience to His word. Jeremiah 15:16 says:
“Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.”
Joy is divine and is rooted in the word of God. Christians should search for joy through the word and not in the World. This joy propels people to preach to sinners, help the poor, visit the widow and the fatherless, and spread the good news of the kingdom. Therefore, the kind of joy that is not beneficial to others and does nothing to promote the gospel of Jesus Christ is not worth it, and cannot be from God.
There are however, diverse kinds of Joy: there is joy of one’s own salvation, the joy of the salvation of other, and the joy of seeing young converts walking in the truth. The joy that comes from salvation of others surpasses the joy of our own salvation. The blessed privilege of being used of God to win souls to Christ, and to see people being delivered from sin, sickness, poverty, and bondage, is the highest honor anyone can receive. I pray that the joy of the Lord will overflow in you and become a source of joy to the whole world, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please let joy like a river flow through me to the world, in the Mighty Name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalm 43-45, 49, 84-85 & 87.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Gods Big Picture For This World He Created, To Rapture Man To Heaven? / Karma And Curses / Would Someone Go To Hell If He Doesn't Do Water Baptism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 284
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.