Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,635 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue (53366 Views)

Northern Youths Mobilize Support For Peter Obi, Embark On Solidarity Walk(photo) / Kano 2 Million Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Committee List / FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by GenSpecifics: 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2020
It is glaring from this thread that yaribanza musilimis do not support Amotekun

Their foolishness will not end until all oyoruba land goes the way of Ilorin that is full Fulani colonization.

What a pathetic bunch of traitors .

Sorry to the real Omoluabis, we can not unite with you while half of your populace do not stand with you.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Arubajagz: 12:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
The same police that is complaining about being understaffed, they are the ones now turning out enmasse to stop solidarity non-violent protests in support of community policing. Real irony.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by hotwax: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
GenSpecifics:
It is glaring from this thread that yaribanza musilimis do not support Amotekun

Their foolishness will not end until all oyoruba land goes the way of Ilorin that is full Fulani colonization.

What a pathetic bunch of traitors .

Sorry to the real Omoluabis, we can not unite with you while half of your populace do not stand with you.

thats how they sold ilorin to fulanis
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by igwegeorgiano(m): 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
majamajic:
Good morning West !!!!

what an elder see from a sitting position , it might take a child 50 yrs to see same thing even from top of a tree
my brother that na in the ages past o but with Google search I go see wella just with a click on my compu

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
majamajic:
Good morning West !!!!

what an elder see from a sitting position , it might take a child 50 yrs to see same thing even from top of a tree
There are ways of getting things done without spiting others or taking things personally...that is what a child would do normally, not an elder.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Switch07(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Elvis2kay:

When will you stop all this your comments on you people that people? Enough of this rant

Some people.just don't wanna grow up....I wish we could all unite as southerners each region form there community police since the police can't be trusted anymore...like what happen Kofi state
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by emmydiamon(m): 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
Bluntemperor:

Amotekun has come to stay in South West and is only for other Regions to come closer and see how Security Apparatusare run and organized in a normal society.Amotekun should be a yardstick for a good,rapid and flexible organization without compromising it's objective of protecting the populace from all manner of crimes,Kidnapping,murder etc.
It is a local way of solving local problems and should be a role model to other security outfits.
Is now left for you guys to stand on your ground if it will stay or not, not only come to stay but for it to linger for many years.

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by karashita: 12:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
gunuvi:

What concerns you with someone making money out of securing your life?
Some of you people are pathetic.
Amotekun has come to stay

They are the naysayers;all they do is criticize without offering solution.On Amotekun we stand.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wild Wild West
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
Dande55:
You people brought this demon in power. Enjoy the next level.
thank you
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
karashita:

They are the naysayers;all they do is criticize without offering solution.On Amotekun we stand.
make we hear word. Coward afonjas
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 12:51pm On Jan 21, 2020
emmydiamon:
Is now left for you guys to stand on your ground if it will stay or not, not only come to stay but for it to linger for many years.
not about making mouths. Are they capable of equipping them for war? Ndi ara
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by West2019(m): 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
Governor should make sure those police officer's should be dismisse from service
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by 2ghaski(m): 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
Madness is in your Destiny

deboysben:
Say no to terrorist organization.
say no to organisations against the security of lives and properties.
say no to successionist organization.

say no to amotekun

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by karashita: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
antirozz:
make we hear word. Coward afonjas

You picked on the wrong person dear.I don't engage in tribal tirades......'coward afonjas'
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Subzero047: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
PassingShot:

In as much as we need a localized security outfit, our governors goofed by not taking this initiative through the various states' HOA first.

Sentiments apart, Amotekun as it stands today, has no legal backing anywhere - whether in states or at the national level. Such is dangerous even for us Yorubas.

This one has started fidgeting
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by akaahs(m): 1:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
this peoplpe are very funny. ur masters are telling amatekun id illigal, ur guys what to disrespect them. u ll have sense by force.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
karashita:

You picked on the wrong person dear.I don't engage in tribal tirades......'coward afonjas'
makes you a bigger coward
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by PassingShot(m): 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
Switch07:

You've a point no doubt everything has pro& con I know there will bad eggs among the amotekun but we should think about securing our self 1st since the NPF have fail ed us, through our 2019 I had of police killing, brutality and violent more than arm robber...this people are here to complement the police nothing more
Nobody has said we don't need Amotekun. All we are saying is let our state's HOA make a bill on it, debate it and pass it. Then each state's governor signs it into law.

What is difficult in this request?
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by PassingShot(m): 1:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
hotwax:

Read about amotekun and stop this shiiiitin...

Police are the one in charge of licensing of guns and coordination...

Police even gave them guidlines on the kind of gun they can carry... You dont need any state house legislation for community policing...

it is already supported in the constitution...

only criminals feels threatened...

You don't really know what you are talking. As an entity for security work, the state's HOA needs to pass a law for it to be legal.

You guys should be careful of what you ask for, else this same group will unleash terror on the same people they're meant to protect.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by emmydiamon(m): 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
antirozz:
not about making mouths. Are they capable of equipping them for war? Ndi ara
I doubt, but this is the only way the yoruba's will prove to the hausa fulani that they are now brave enough to ave their own say. If they succeed in this amotekun, you will see how the hausa's will adjust them self from the yoruba's a little. If Igbo and yoruba will come together the hausa will be on their kneel, but i dont see that possible.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
amotekun or nothing! damn the shithole!
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by majamajic(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
igwegeorgiano:
my brother that na in the ages past o but with Google search I go see wella just with a click on my compu

when u wan confuse fools , use proverb !!!
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by MondayOsunbor(m): 1:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
IDIOTS UNA STILL REMEMBER HOW NIGERIA WAS WHEN GOODLUCK WAS IN NIGERIA !

BUT UNA NO LIKE AM ? UNA WANT CHANGE ?

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR BECAUSE YOU MAY GET IT
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by GEEBITE: 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
You'll definitely be a kid to me except you graduated from any university in the world by 1999.

Would it be of interest for you to know late Dr Fasehun was my inlaw and I have an idea of who Gani Adams was to him.So there goes your bollocks about me not knowing the provenance of OPC. To you guys on this board,everybody is a kid.Yeye

Geezer,if the WNSN(amotekun) gets hold of any kidnapper,you can go and bail them out.

PassingShot:

Many of you don't even have knowledge about processes and procedures.

Kid, let me ask you a question: if an Amotekun unit arrests a gang of kidnappers, what do they do with/to them?

Were you of age when OPC started? Perhaps you were not old enough then, let me remind you that it started well and later became a criminal gang as many of their members used their position to commit crimes against the same people they were meant to protect. Such is what can go wrong with an illegal, unrecognized, outfit.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by farem: 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2020
Dozie32:
Still not understanding this ametokun of a thing.
When did you return from the beyond? It takes the newly arrived beings to express the above.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by richPHAROAH: 1:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
shot those afonjas on sight
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by excel4us: 1:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
[quote author=References post=85983173]Amotekun solidarity walk kicks off in Osun amid tight security
The Yoruba World Congress Solidarity Walk in support of Amotekun operation holding across all the South-West states is currently going on in Osogbo, the Osun State capital.

Troupes of members of different solidarity groups trooped to the Freedom Park venue of the exercise as early as 9.00 am where they gathered and embarked on the walk through the major rounds around Okeifia Roundabout, Alekuwodo, the popular Olaiya Junction and other environs, singing solidarity songs.

They are armed with placards with inscriptions: ‘Amotekun has come to stay’, ‘No going back on Amotekun’, ‘Solution to insecurity in South West is Amotekun’, ‘Amotekun is here to stay’, ‘We need to save our people in South West’, among others.

Heavily armed security operatives including DSS, Police, and Civil Defence are in the entourage to provide security and maintain law and order.

The walk is relatively peaceful as residents are going about their businesses freely, though causing a brief traffic grid which has eased in some areas.

Although the turn out of solidarity group members is low, those that turned out had an impressive showing by the solidarity songs and placards on display.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/amotekun-solidarity-walk-kicks-off-in-osun-amid-tight-security

In as much as am not from
the west, am in support of
AMOTEKUN
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by back2sender: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
WiLdFLame:
As an Omoluabi, I’m seating down on the fence on this issue

Amotekun is good and born out of necessity but it has been bastardized the moment the governors and afenifere hijacked it.
Amotekun should be centralized!! And mode of operation well organized hence...it might be a political armed tools for the governors who are seeking second terms and also the one looking for presidency and also the Shameless Elders(Odumakin Squad) who wants to capitalize on it to make money from the federal government.
We don’t want the same thing that befall the NPF to befall this sacred institution
When they started haggling and insisting on a big salary thast when i knew this people are not serious and looking for money to chop
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by excel4us: 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
am not from the WEST but I support AMOTEKUN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Prostrates To Greet Elders At Oluwo's Mum’s 8th Day Fidau Prayers / Nigerians React To Ganduje's 6th Bribery Video (Photos) / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.