Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,374 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue (53362 Views)

Northern Youths Mobilize Support For Peter Obi, Embark On Solidarity Walk(photo) / Kano 2 Million Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Committee List / FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by PassingShot(m): 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
GEEBITE:
You'll definitely be a kid to me except you graduated from any university in the world by 1999.

Would it be of interest for you to know late Dr Fasehun was my inlaw and I have an idea of who Gani Adams was to him.So there goes your bollocks about me not knowing the provenance of OPC. To you guys on this board,everybody is a kid.Yeye

Geezer,if the WNSN(amotekun) gets hold of any kidnapper,you can go and bail them out.

OK, granted you're not a kid given that I I actually graduated in that year.

Now, answer my question instead of being evasive.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by 9jahotblog: 1:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
the huge rally still holds oooo.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Pavarottii(m): 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
efighter:

Weldone Elder that sacrificed over three million of his children to Hausa/Fulani/Yoruba soldiers because of what the Elder saw from his sitting position, is that one an Elder or an idiot?

Yorubas have started AMOTEKUN, keep whinning, the herdsmen that we will be ssacking from Yorubaland will definitely relocate to your very tiny Biafraland.
u see ur problem.. U r fighting shadows and ur enemies are right in front of u... And my brother u can't get unless through a constitutional review...
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Teddyg2(m): 1:40pm On Jan 21, 2020
DRONE DEY OOO
NA AMOTEKUN UNNA SEE

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by DexterousOne(m): 1:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
sad cool

SW (Yorubas) are trying to be smart by half and thinks nobody sees through the wooly circle. Maybe he thinks others are suffering from schizophrenia like some do.

Amotekun as a regional force cannot stand and must be nipped to the mud. Yorubas want regional Amotekun but are smartly avoid constitutional review which is the root cause of all the crises and where all the problems lies and same. Constitution is what AGF, police and the rest stand to counter Amotekun.

This fool has been running his mouth on different threads
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by DexterousOne(m): 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
Switch07:

Some people.just don't wanna grow up....I wish we could all unite as southerners each region form there community police since the police can't be trusted anymore...like what happen Kofi state

EXACTLY
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Keemsleek005(m): 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
WiLdFLame:
As an Omoluabi, I’m seating down on the fence on this issue

Amotekun is good and born out of necessity but it has been bastardized the moment the governors and afenifere hijacked it.
Amotekun should be centralized!! And mode of operation well organized hence...it might be a political armed tools for the governors who are seeking second terms and also the one looking for presidency and also the Shameless Elders(Odumakin Squad) who wants to capitalize on it to make money from the federal government.
We don’t want the same thing that befall the NPF to befall this sacred institution

God bless you, have been saying the same thing am not against the formation of Amotekun what am against is the composition.I just feel these thing will back fire later it will become an instrument in the hands of the governor's and most esp involving gani Adams you don't throw a sheep to a disguised lion.I tell you opc after sometime will start misbehaving, gani Adams will leverage on these. They need to allow people to apply personal and not just bring in different local organization jam them together it will go up in flame. If you want to join be it opc hunters the moment you join you stop begining any of the other group and become amotekun security agent, they should be trained, 're orientated and given uniform and I'd card they free to you any form of protection they like.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Talkingoil(m): 1:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
deboysben:
Say no to terrorist organization.
say no to organisations against the security of lives and properties.
say no to successionist organization.

say no to amotekun

Shut up
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by 9jahotblog: 1:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
It was massive in osogbo and other state capital

1 Share

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Teddyg2(m): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
They think we are a fool, illiterate like them, our leaders have studied the Constitution before taking any step, the only pain is that, they didn't calculate it well.
They should have come up with this before the last general elections.

bigbabyboy:

Exactly! Let the ignoramuses go and study sections 24, 40 and 45 of the C.F.R.N., 1999.2011 as amended. Those sections are even superior to the Article 3/4 nonsense that Malami, a quota system product was quoting.

Amotekun is already backed by the grundnorm of all laws and legislation in Nigeria. We are not products of quota system...so we know. Amotekun all the way.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by rOsy247(f): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
They haven't seen anything yet. Sheybi they were forming loyalist to the northerners against the South-south. A child who knows his mother is in the market doesn't throw stones. Carry your cross alone o and stop disturbing our ears.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by femmy2010(m): 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
They should take AMOTEKUN away from Lagos biko.We do not want legitimized guns in the hands of Miscreants all in the name of AMOTEKUN.
We are okay with the Nigerian police force though it needs to do more to protect Nigerians.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by WarriAproko: 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
Government should bring in community police. All this will stop omotekun
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by isax(m): 2:02pm On Jan 21, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
Only jobless people will be present at such gathering on weekdays . Don’t know why they have have this done on Saturday.
So are the police officers or the reporters at the scene jobless?
Think before you comment on any post.
PS: its not compulsory you add your comment on every matter posted on nairaland.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by supereagle(m): 2:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
*AMOTEKUN*

Nobody can intimidate the Yorubas. *Amotekun* has come to stay.

In the 70s during the civil war, Metro Cinema, Yaba, Lagos was bombed, by the rebel forces. The (Nigerian) Security and Civil Defense Corps was set up by the South West as a voluntary organization, to assist in civil matters, and also as a reaction to the exigency of that time. It was resisted by the powers that was. Today, the Corps has been hijacked by the Federal Government. They are now using "Federal Character" to get their children enlisted in the Corps.

The Oyo State Government set up the Road Safety Corps around 1978 to control traffic and prevent road accidents in Oyo State.

Prof Wole Soyinka was the first Corps Marshall.

Shehu Shagari's Government, banned the operatives from operating on the Federal roads. Today it had been hijacked by the same Federal Government.

Some people are simply afraid and jealous of progressive innovations of mental Giants, not because the ideas are necessarily bad, but because it exposes their own emptiness and lack of ideas. There is nothing anybody can do to draw the progress of Yoruba race backward. Ours is a pace setting race. Whether *Amotekun* will make or break Nigeria, it has come to stay.

#Copied.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Keemsleek005(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
GEEBITE:
You'll definitely be a kid to me except you graduated from any university in the world by 1999.

Would it be of interest for you to know late Dr Fasehun was my inlaw and I have an idea of who Gani Adams was to him.So there goes your bollocks about me not knowing the provenance of OPC. To you guys on this board,everybody is a kid.Yeye

Geezer,if the WNSN(amotekun) gets hold of any kidnapper,you can go and bail them out.

Am not agueing with you if late fasheun is you in law or not but if you really know about opc as you claim then you should be familiar with what opc turned ago palace plots to they became nuisance they did what they like if not for the obj God bless him opc almost finished us at ago palace and gani Adams is another fraction of opc those one are worse. And since you know much they you will know how fasheun was arrested at century hotel thrown into army van and dump inside burial ground while is second in command demo was shot on the leg when he was forming opc. You can't put power in the hands of touts and illiterates and they won't misbehave. They need to train and reorientate them. Gani adams must not be involved
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by supereagle(m): 2:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
Afe Babalola on Amotekun

“In my opinion, the act has been done, Amotekun had been launched, let them go on.

‘’What the state governors have done is legal, so why should they bother? Let them (FG) try to go to court.

‘’They will meet the governors there. All what they would have to do is to show them sections 24, 40, 45 of the 1999 constitution.

“It is a case that must fail if they go to court. They have not set up a parallel police outfit. No. the constitution says it is your duty to protect the interest of yourself and others and join together in doing so. So simple. The case will be so easy to win.”
Copied.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Reference(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
DP.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by ayoolataiwo(m): 2:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
emmydiamon:
Only some one with bad intention will not support Amotekun. Since the government cant protect the masses why not allow them to? I think this should be an eye openner to my yoruba friends, the hausa never loved you guys, they are only using the yoruba's to get their political intrest. Una better learn from this Amotekun Movement.
oil dey your head
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Reference(m): 2:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
Now this is the way the whole thing should have started. Yes from the grass roots NOT FROM GOVERMENT HOUSE so it will be seen as purely an issue of people power, of governance and not of politics, religion or ethnicity which unfortunately it has been hijacked for.

The people rise up and say enough is enough of insecurity. They protest and then the government at the grassroots which they elect starts the process by sending their Federal Representatives to lobby for the necessary support at the centre while the grassroots keep the pressure on the government.

That is democracy and it works like this everywhere democracy works. Advocacy to negotiation, negotiation to laws. That is what we spend billions and billions on the House of Assembly for. But since this issue has started I have not heard (maybe it has) a ground swell of debates thrown to the floor on this issue championed by western legislators. So you will ask, what are they elected for.

When issues are interstate governors are of little effect constitutionally. They have very little power outside their domains. The Constitution recognizes only Federal Representatives when it comes to negotiating and fashioning cross border issues bordering on what we call the exclusive list of government responsibility of which this Amotekun things is bang centre. That is where Hisbah gets one on Amotekun.... it doesn't cross state lines.

America is the centre of universal liberties but the day the governor of California meets up with the governor of Texas to form a cross border militia then you can be sure they will be led from their offices in handcuffs. This whole has been as badly conceived and badly implemented.

PS. I am 110 percent in support of some of what Amotekun stands for, that is the decentralisation of the law enforcement structure of this country. In my opinion, the American system works perfectly with a Federal police intervening in what is essentially 'national' crimes or crimes against national interests only.

But this is not the way to go about it. Restructuring must be driven by the ideals and interests of the people, the players, not of the referees which is government. That is why I support the agitation of the peoples of eastern Nigeria for self determination and the peoples of the Delta for resource control. The best results come directly by people centric movements.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Charly68: 2:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
They will soon take over our houses and farms ...Yawa go blow
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by davidufuoma(m): 2:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
They should go to sambisa forest and flex their muscles
Useless NPF
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by afemgbosey(m): 2:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
Dozie32:
Still not understanding this ametokun of a thing.

Keep dozing

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by efighter: 2:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
majamajic:

A clear conscience fears no allegations , I don't have your time !!

Elder wa, E ma binu sir. I am not laying any alegation against you sir, I am just imagining how Elders would sacrifice three million young ones because they (Elders) see some things from where they are sitting or laying.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by efighter: 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Pavarottii:
u see ur problem.. U r fighting shadows and ur enemies are right in front of u... And my brother u can't get unless through a constitutional review...

You are the ones fighting Shadows, the enemies are in front of us and we have deployed AMOTEKUN to deal with the enemies while you are still chest beating while your houses and farms are raided by blood thirsty herdsmen.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 2:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
TallPck1:
These police officers are zombies, why seal off the place for a peaceful solidarity walk? They can't try this shit in the north.

I hope they don't start shooting innocent citizens.

lol
but you were happy when they were opening fire at unarmed IPOB protesters.
oga enjoy your karma.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Zico5:
This is Yoruba land. We always speak in one voice. Even those jegudujera oloselu know they have no options than to follow the right step. Femi Adeshina or Osinbajo dare not speak against our collective opinions. Amotekun has come to stay and nobody can stop it. God bless Oodua land.

Referendum is not in the constitution according to yorubas and therefore cannot hold, regional police is not also in the constitution, so I don't see why Amotekun should be allowed to hold, using the same yoruba logic. Abi no be so?
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
BENARI:
"Amotekun or we die".

We are ready for the worst.

Southwest will never give in to intimidation

Referendum is not in the constitution according to yorubas and therefore cannot hold, regional police is not also in the constitution, so I don't see why Amotekun should be allowed to hold, using the same yoruba logic. Abi no be so?
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by majamajic(m): 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
efighter:

Elder wa, E ma binu sir. I am not laying any alegation against you sir, I am just imagining how Elders would sacrifice three million young ones because they (Elders) see some things from where they are sitting or laying.

from the part of country where I come , we don't explain or analyse proverbs given to someone , if not I for help u . u are still getting it all wrong

elders use a proverb sentence to say a million words , so whatever u understand about my proverb keep it in your mind , stop analyzing it . there's no way I can explain it for u
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by onajip82: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
Bihari has come again o
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by MANNABBQGR1LLS: 2:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
DaBullIT:
Aon gerrit why would police (the idiots that their cluelessness caused creation of àmọ̀tẹ́kùn) be the ones to stop protesters in Lagos?

If I were in Lagos rn, I know a few officers who wouldn't go home in one piece if they are trying to prevent the protest

See youth in fine car, fine dress, they harass and obtain, cock guns and even shoot those who resist, but when they are called to stop armed robbers their gun will jam or there's no fuel in their car

Call them to settle issue when cows destroy a farm they'll go there unharmed

If you are in Lagos, you know what to do

These sọ called one million boys and other ẹrú ikús in Lagos sef can sabi disappoint

Amotekun has come to stay

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
It is clear now that the FG is there to make you all suffer. he's there to punish the people. he has no regards for the people of Nigeria. I hope you people have learned your lesson that you must not be a mumu voters.

to hell with all the police. to hell with the FG. to hell with anybody who doesn't want us to have peace in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC / MC Oluomo Prostrates To Greet Elders At Oluwo's Mum’s 8th Day Fidau Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.