Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,551 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue (53364 Views)

Northern Youths Mobilize Support For Peter Obi, Embark On Solidarity Walk(photo) / Kano 2 Million Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Committee List / FG Hands Over Ibadan Inland Dry Port To Oyo State Government (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by GEEBITE: 2:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
Are you having double identity because I only responded to passingshot. I can't recall engaging you in any argument.Please try to punctuate better,this is quite difficult to read.
Keemsleek005:

Am not agueing with you if late fasheun is you in law or not but if you really know about opc as you claim then you should be familiar with what opc turned ago palace plots to they became nuisance they did what they like if not for the obj God bless him opc almost finished us at ago palace and gani Adams is another fraction of opc those one are worse. And since you know much they you will know how fasheun was arrested at century hotel thrown into army van and dump inside burial ground while is second in command demo was shot on the leg when he was forming opc. You can't put power in the hands of touts and illiterates and they won't misbehave. They need to train and reorientate them. Gani adams must not be involved
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by TemmyT002(m): 2:39pm On Jan 21, 2020
WiLdFLame:
As an Omoluabi, I’m seating down on the fence on this issue

Amotekun is good and born out of necessity but it has been bastardized the moment the governors and afenifere hijacked it.
Amotekun should be centralized!! And mode of operation well organized hence...it might be a political armed tools for the governors who are seeking second terms and also the one looking for presidency and also the Shameless Elders(Odumakin Squad) who wants to capitalize on it to make money from the federal government.
We don’t want the same thing that befall the NPF to befall this sacred institution

Which governor's hijacked it?
Were they not the ones that came up with it?
I
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Teddyg2(m): 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
No e doesn't need to do more, it seems guys never blocked you once

femmy2010:
They should take AMOTEKUN away from Lagos biko.We do not want legitimized guns in the hands of Miscreants all in the name of AMOTEKUN.
We are okay with the Nigerian police force though it needs to do more to protect Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Emotionss: 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
WiLdFLame:
As an Omoluabi, I’m seating down on the fence on this issue

Amotekun is good and born out of necessity but it has been bastardized the moment the governors and afenifere hijacked it.
Amotekun should be centralized!! And mode of operation well organized hence...it might be a political armed tools for the governors who are seeking second terms and also the one looking for presidency and also the Shameless Elders(Odumakin Squad) who wants to capitalize on it to make money from the federal government.
We don’t want the same thing that befall the NPF to befall this sacred institution

Me i was hoping they will make it a southern vigilante ( with s/e and s/s having their own outfit) but unfortunately they have spoiled they whole thing with political nonsense

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 2:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
emmydiamon:
I doubt, but this is the only way the yoruba's will prove to the hausa fulani that they are now brave enough to ave their own say. If they succeed in this amotekun, you will see how the hausa's will adjust them self from the yoruba's a little. If Igbo and yoruba will come together the hausa will be on their kneel, but i dont see that possible.
Igbos and yoruba's cant come together,. Yoruba's are saboteurs.. Yoruba are fighting for their selfish gain. They are traitors

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by tiredoflife(m): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
Only jobless people will be present at such gathering on weekdays . Don’t know why they have have this done on Saturday.

So people make more money than u that have a job
Have u ever heard of passive income
People are not like u that is born to suffer
Leave them alone
I didnt see any of the jobless people begging u for food
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by zoedew: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
PassingShot:

Didn't the person who shot the "looney" have a licence to carry the gun he used?

Common sense dictates that security outfits require laws to operate. Stop being sentimental about it.

What stops the 6 states from routing Amotekun through the states HOA?

I was waiting for -“Didn't the person who shot the "looney" have a licence to carry the gun he used?“. Exactly why Amotekun is a necessity. It is the inalienable right of a living thing to defend the right to life - even the fowl protests when its been slaughtered for food! The modus I agree with you could be better. The Constitution already provides for you to take measures to protect yourself. Amotekun is a regional security outfit not dissimilar to night watchmen employed in neighbourhoods. Your hasty conclusion that I was being sentimental in my take on this matter is wrong.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Keemsleek005(m): 3:17pm On Jan 21, 2020
GEEBITE:
Are you having double identity because I only responded to passingshot. I can't recall engaging you in any argument.Please try to punctuate better,this is quite difficult to read.

Ok sir, thanks for the correction. My bad.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by zoedew: 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
antirozz:
Igbos and yoruba's cant come together,. Yoruba's are saboteurs.. Yoruba are fighting for their selfish gain. They are traitors

And this coming from a woman! One fears for the children who have their upbringing committed to you. They are certain to have their reasoning and world view beclouded by the vengeful, irritable, and bitter with the result that few with the exception of their ilk will be at ease to have anything to do with them! Please consider a change for the better.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 3:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
zoedew:

And this coming from a woman! One fears for the children who have their upbringing committed to you. They are certain to have their reasoning and world view beclouded by the vengeful, irritable, and bitter with the result that few with the exception of their ilk will be at ease to have anything to do with them! Please consider a change for the better.
from your small brain, the truth is only meant to be told by men? With the rubbish you just wrote, your sanity has to be questioned

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Enemyofpeace: 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Las las na scatter we go scatter this country and go our separate ways.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Enemyofpeace: 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
PassingShot:

You don't really know what you are talking. As an entity for security work, the state's HOA needs to pass a law for it to be legal.

You guys should be careful of what you ask for, else this same group will unleash terror on the same people they're meant to protect.
so they should do nothing abi?
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Clevite(m): 3:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
PassingShot:

You don't really know what you are talking. As an entity for security work, the state's HOA needs to pass a law for it to be legal.

You guys should be careful of what you ask for, else this same group will unleash terror on the same people they're meant to protect.
My brother, it is not unusual for an outfit to start operation before it becomes fully supported with a legislation. So many outfits began like that and they operated without failing before and after being incorporated into a legislation. Even the Hisbah you made reference to as being legalized started operating in the North as Sharia Police years before they were first legislated upon in 2003 in the northern States. Did you know that there was no legislation backing up the now institutionalised Nigeria Security & Civil Defence Corps for decades before an Act was enacted to back it up during Obasanjo's tenure? I was a Civil Defence cadet in the early 90's. Yet they operated back then as security operatives.

The Governors and the people behind the conception of Amotekun know well about this and they have never said the concept will not be legislatized as it goes on.

The fact that each HOA of the States that make up the security Network has not enacted upon it does not make it illegal. As a matter of fact, I make bold to say it is constitutional. And the fact that the outfit is yet to be reduced into legislation does not leave it without operational guidelines. And it does not make its operatives automatically destined to misbehave as you fear they might do. If any of them do, of course there are existing laws in place in several Criminal Laws to deal with any of their errant members.

Even if each of the States has legislatized the outfits, it still does not stop any one among them who would misbehave not to do. The Police and other security agencies established by laws still misbehave on some occasions and they are dealt with according to existing laws in place.

Amotekun's operation is well spelt out and deliberated upon. The place the conventional security institutions will occupy in the scheme is well articulated in the series of deliberations and events building up to its inauguration. The Police hierarchy from top to States levels were well involved and aware of it. Infact, the Amotekun network is set out to operate under the control and co-ordination of the Commissional of Police of each State.

The understanding is that they will not carry automatic guns other than the ones each of the groups that make up the outfit are already known using for now. In the event they make arrest, which every citizen is constitutionally empowered to do, they are to hand the arrested suspect over to the Police immediately. They are not to operate a detention facility and they do not say they will.

Some of these outfits are already operating this way along with the police before now and there has been no issue about it. The only difference now is that they are now organized, synegized and to be financially supported officially.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by innowestt13: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
majamajic:
Good morning West !!!!

what an elder see from a sitting position , it might take a child 50 yrs to see same thing even from top of a tree
The West saw it then but zik betray Awo . Read your history !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Pidginwhisper: 4:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
isax:

So are the police officers or the reporters at the scene jobless?
Think before you comment on any post.
PS: its not compulsory you add your comment on every matter posted on nairaland.
Sobthe police officers are also partbof the solidarity walk if not what’s the job of the police? It failed already. Yorubas are not lazy people hence I don’t expect them to turn out for the exercise, except it holds on Saturday . I repeat only jobless people will turn up.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
TemmyT002:

Which governor's hijacked it?
Were they not the ones that came up with it?
I
It’s an armed group hence no political undertone like it is now. Use your brain please” ti a ba ni ka sun ejo(snake) bi o se gun to , a ma Dana sun Ile(house)
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by zoedew: 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
antirozz:
from your small brain, the truth is only meant to be told by men? With the rubbish you just wrote, your sanity has to be questioned

I leave your ability to correctly comprehend written matter to all to access. Your uncouth, raw and foul language further shows you up. Hope is not lost on you!
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by luluman: 11:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
majamajic:
Good morning West !!!!

what an elder see from a sitting position , it might take a child 50 yrs to see same thing even from top of a tree
We know you are Igbo.
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by luluman: 11:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Dande55:
You people brought this demon in power. Enjoy the next level.
Would your Igbo brother have done any better?
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Guestlander: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hillsong34:
sad cool

SW (Yorubas) are trying to be smart by half and thinks nobody sees through the wooly circle. Maybe he thinks others are suffering from schizophrenia like some do.

Amotekun as a regional force cannot stand and must be nipped to the mud. Yorubas want regional Amotekun but are smartly avoid constitutional review which is the root cause of all the crises and where all the problems lies and same. Constitution is what AGF, police and the rest stand to counter Amotekun.

Where was your outrage when hisbah and the civilian JTF were created. The security of our people is superior to any other consideration.
If what you and miyetti Allah are worried about is for Amotekun to be sanctioned by the houses of assembly in the SW, then that will be done and we will wait for your next excuse.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Guestlander: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
SW
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by Staro: 4:12am On Jan 22, 2020
Na wao
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2020
zoedew:

I leave your ability to correctly comprehend written matter to all to access. Your uncouth, raw and foul language further shows you up. Hope is not lost on you!
typical yoruba man. Calling on the public whenever he has issues with someone. Dalu
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by karashita: 11:19am On Jan 22, 2020
antirozz:
makes you a bigger coward

Kpele
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by zoedew: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
antirozz:
typical yoruba man. Calling on the public whenever he has issues with someone. Dalu

Your rump is out for all to see - ethnic bigotry has you bound in the throes of bitterness! I hope you don’t run an Igbo Restaurant considering I’ve been in love with Igbo cuisine for well over thirty years now and I hate to think I’ll walk into one owned by you and run the risk of being poisoned to death once you know am not Igbo! Anywhere I go on the globe I look out for an Igbo restaurant - I love ofe oha and ofe Owerri soups with yam pounded with garri for the morsel and a glass or two of water served mildly cold! Please have a rethink! I don’t hate you or think lowly of you! My
Regards Nma!
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by antirozz(f): 6:37pm On Jan 23, 2020
zoedew:

Your rump is out for all to see - ethnic bigotry has you bound in the throes of bitterness! I hope you don’t run an Igbo Restaurant considering I’ve been in love with Igbo cuisine for well over thirty years now and I hate to think I’ll walk into one owned by you and run the risk of being poisoned to death once you know am not Igbo! Anywhere I go on the globe I look out for an Igbo restaurant - I love ofe oha and ofe Owerri soups with yam pounded with garri for the morsel and a glass or two of water served mildly cold! Please have a rethink! I don’t hate you or think lowly of you! My
Regards Nma!
your love for ofe akwu does not change the fact that you and your kind cannot stand Ndi Igbo
Re: Amotekun Solidarity Walk: Police take over Ibadan venue by zoedew: 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2020
antirozz:
your love for ofe akwu does not change the fact that you and your kind cannot stand Ndi Igbo

That’s your pre-occupation! When your life’s goal is to show you are better than others and look down on them it speaks volumes to the discerning! Best wishes!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / MC Oluomo Prostrates To Greet Elders At Oluwo's Mum’s 8th Day Fidau Prayers / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.