Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (36615 Views)

2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara / ‘Forum Of Bishops’ Holds Solidarity Rally For Pantami (Photo) / Amotekun: ‘Lunatics’ Join Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by bakescos01: 8:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

Buhari has always been stupid.?
Who would have thought?
I thought igbos just hate him for nothing.

If una do anyhow, una go see anyhow.

Overnight activists.

Igbo and Yoruba have no problem with each other. We all call this Aboki's stupid but they are always winning over us that thinks we are intelligent. They know how to cause differences between Igbo and Yoruba. They also know how to cause differences between Igbos internally and within Yoruba internally. So, when you keep fighting each other like this know that you are just playing according to there plans and you are letting them take the win...
The Presidency in 2023 is supposed to go to the Igbo's in all fairness. I believe most of us know that even if we don't always feel like accepting. By the way, am a proud Yoruba and also a Nigerian and i hope someday we all can be fair with each other to grow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by atonement12: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
I KNOW VERY WELL THAT ONCE THE SOUTH STARTS SPEAKING WITH ONE VOICE THAT THE END OF NIGERIA IS NEAR. WE ARE TOTALLY IN SUPPORT OF AMOTEKUN. YORUBAS SHOULD STAND THEIR GRAND AND SEE HOW IPOB WILL DEAL WITH FULANIS IN THE EAST AND SS
shut up. Why wait for yorubas to give you 'balls'? Who or what is ipob?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun is the moving train ...no Jupiter can stop it's formation and activity .. our people can't farm,travel or go to there businesses kos or the fear of been killed kidnapped and raped by some uncircumcised fools.. we are Yoruba's before APC, ADP PDP or APM... our collective unity against the marauding herdsmen all send a message to there warlords and elders that the south West isnt there domain to toy and rade as usual anymore... we can do it again... Yoruba land belongs to the Yorubas and anyone that wanna do legitimate business here...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Urchman200: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:
The fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.
most of the comments abusing Yorubas here using Igbo monikers are well known.

The average Igbo man will be happy that this security outfit stays.
the days of division in the south is gone that is why the fulanis are jittery
I am an igboman I support the yurobas on this, anything one can do to protect himself or herself I am in full support, but help me begged ur yuroba brothers let them learn to speak against injustice.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
Alexis11:

You and Buhari are very inconsequential in Yoruba affairs. grin
Tell him please...that to hell with their presidency threat. Even when we were in power, we never benefited from the so called presidency. They keep occupying our political space with their fake figures. We asked for another sensor, they said no, we asked for state policing, they said no meanwhile, nigerians allowed the hisbah to thrive up north. Okay, we agitated for restructuring and they said no way! On amotekun we stand.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by israelmao(m): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
AMOTEKUN is a brilliant initiative but some people are afraid because their hands are not clean.Miyetti Allah leader described Yoruba as irredentists and also highly educated but politically primitive on Channel TV during interview but the same Yoruba made Buhari's dream of becoming a civilian president came true in 2015 with alliance of AC and ANPP.It seems Myetti Allah leader doesn't know the difference between primitivity and modernity.And again to refer to Yoruba as irredentists clearly showed that he has completely lost his frame of mind.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Charly68: 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
magicminister:
The reason I don’t support Amotekun

Anyone that grew up in the ghettos of Lagos will remember that OPC reigned supreme during the 90’s - early 00s and also butchered yorubas indiscriminately on the flimsiest of accusation.

I vividly remember the charred bodies of young men that lined up our streets almost every day and would remain there for weeks until it either goes back to the earth or is picked up by the relevant agencies.

I remember the OPC traffic stops where they’d have people disembark from the danfo and proceed to separate non-yorubas. Some get accused of being “armed robbers” which is an instant death sentence.

I remember the murder of my friend. He was a humble barber and street kid just like me. I came back from my car wash hussle to learn he was murdered by OPC after his landlord accused him of being an armed robber.
He dragged out of his house in the mid day, beaten to stupor and then set ablaze. His properties were looted and the remnants discarded.

I remember these things vividly.
While Amotekun is a good idea, what are the checks and balances to ensure they do not devolve into the immoral and wicked acts of the state sponsored OPC in the 90s.

I know I’ll get insulted for this but this is my true life story in the ghettos of Lagos. Amotekun is a NO for me unless there are sufficient checks and balances.

Who do we report to if there happens to be abuse of authority?

What are the checks and balances to ensure erring members are severely punished?

What trainings do the undergo to be able to deal with people professional and discharge their duties adequately?

Until there is a solid guideline on Amotekun, this is an effort that will lead to further abuse and oppression of the Nigerian people. If your family member has been kidnapped before you,am sure you would have supported this laudable concept . Those who have lost money and family members to criminals & those who never want to lose any are 100% in support
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by stasius: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
South East will relaunch Bakkasi Boys soon.

Watch out! Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Sanchez01: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
Alexis11:

This your last paragraph is not necessary at all.
The last paragraph is a carry over from another thread where the Buhari stooge likened IPOB to Amotekun.

It wasn't just some random discussion.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by SecretSpy666: 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal

I'm fully with Buhari on these .

Only the Law can declare something legal or otherwise in the law court. Buhari declaring amotekun illegal is just a personal opinion, he doesn't have the locus standi to do that. Go to school aboki and stop expressing your illiteracy to the whole world

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

I have no business with ipob.
You are still protesting? How is that different from the biafra day seminar held in igboland with dignitaries from all over Nigeria.

Buhari said amotekun is illegal.
You can protest from now till tomorrow, it won't function legally.

Will you keep quiet

Day dreaming you are.

grin
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Jonathan39: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
You have a good sense of reasoning
meolaniyi:
The fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by stasius: 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wait for The return of BAKKASI BOYS!
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by yom2(m): 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2020
magicminister:

Anyone that grew up in the ghettos of Lagos will remember that OPC reigned supreme during the 90’s - early 00s and also butchered yorubas indiscriminately on the flimsiest of accusation.

I vividly remember the charred bodies of young men that lined up our streets almost every day and would remain there for weeks until it either goes back to the earth or is picked up by the relevant agencies.

I remember the OPC traffic stops where they’d have people disembark from the danfo and proceed to separate non-yorubas. Some get accused of being “armed robbers” which is an instant death sentence.

I remember the murder of my friend. He was a humble barber and street kid just like me. I came back from my car wash hussle to learn he was murdered by OPC after his landlord accused him of being an armed robber.
He dragged out of his house in the mid day, beaten to stupor and then set ablaze. His properties were looted and the remnants discarded.

While Amotekun is a good idea, what are the checks and balances to ensure they do not devolve into the immoral and wicked acts of the state sponsored OPC in the 90s.

I know I’ll get insulted for this but this is my true life story in the ghettos of Lagos. Amotekun is a NO for me unless there are sufficient checks and balances.

What are the checks and balances to ensure erring members are severely punished?

What trainings do the undergo to be able to deal with people professional and discharge their duties adequately?

Until there is a solid guideline on Amotekun, this is an effort that will lead to further abuse and oppression of the Nigerian people.
part of the checks and balances should be the other security bodies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CSTR2: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Will you keep quiet

Day dreaming you are.

grin
Who is day dreaming between me and you?

Why are you guys protesting if you are not dreaming?
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by nograv: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
magicminister:

Until there is a solid guideline on Amotekun, this is an effort that will lead to further abuse and oppression of the Nigerian people.

You sharap, how much is Buhari paying you?

Comot with this nonsense.. mumu get sense.k)

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Princewell2012(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:

You're very correct my brother. Am an Igbo man and I supported you hundred percent. And I am advising any Igbo people on this forum to do likewise. Enough is enough. Let bygone be bygone. I know what am saying.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

Who is day dreaming between me and you?

Why are you guys protesting if you are not dreaming?

That is where you got it wrong Solidarity rally is what its called.

Not every crowd gathering is a protest. Some rallies are staged to sensitise people on issues. This is one of it.

This is

Not a Protest
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Fruitofthevine: 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
So,Miyetti Allah finally came out of their shell to call names.Their first shot today,on Channels TV,was to call the yorubas "primitive in terms of politics despite their education".Asked further why they r so afraid of Amotekum,response was:"this ethnic militias set up by these irresponsible people will destabilise the country".To imagine that we r cohabiting with these kind of human beings,there is trouble oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Hiarmn(m): 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Amotekun remains illegal
I'm fully with Buhari on these .
Keep deceiving yourself,enemy of Nigeria
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by franchasng: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2020
meolaniyi:

God bless you for being honest.

I am Igbo, and I have uncountable Igbo friends both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, and everyone of us support Yorubas on this Amotekun outfit....what we are even asking is when Southeast Governors will kick off theirs, and honestly now ought to have been the best time for Southeast and even Southsouth Governors to also inaugurate their own regional local security like Amotekun, and let's see how Fulanis will be able to succeed in using Nigerian Police+Military+DSS to suppress both Southwest, Southeast and Southsouth at the same time.....which may mark the end of Nigeria's existence as one nation.

I am really angry they removed Emeka Ihedioha, we would have pitched the idea to him to ginger other SE Governors to launch theirs now that it is hot and lets see what Hausa-Fulanis can do!!

What nonsense are the Fulanis doing in Nigeria!!! angry angry

Igbos are solidly behind Yorubas on this....we may disagree on some political issues, but Igbos are not killers or land grabbers....all Igbos are asking for is equity and equal treatment of all Nigerian tribes and religion.....and for everyone to live happily and succeed in their chosen field

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by iswallker(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
magicminister:

Go back to the yeast to avoid amotekun victimization..
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by yommen: 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

I have no business with ipob.
You are still protesting? How is that different from the biafra day seminar held in igboland with dignitaries from all over Nigeria.

Buhari said amotekun is illegal.
You can protest from now till tomorrow, it won't function legally.

Enemy of good things, now we know you!
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Empiree: 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
How Does This Put Food On The Table?

Before they made this Amotekun known to the public they already hired selected people they wanted. Again, how does this put food on your table?.

Seems to me northern guys know Constitution better than the so called "educated" SW and coordinators of this Amotekun group are pastors and CHRISTIANs

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by iswallker(m): 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
bakescos01:

Igbo and Yoruba have no problem with each other. We all call this Aboki's stupid but they are always winning over us that thinks we are intelligent. They know how to cause differences between Igbo and Yoruba. They also know how to cause differences between Igbos internally and within Yoruba internally. So, when you keep fighting each other like this know that you are just playing according to there plans and you are letting them take the win...
The Presidency in 2023 is supposed to go to the Igbo's in all fairness. I believe most of us know that even if we don't always feel like accepting. By the way, am a proud Yoruba and also a Nigerian and i hope someday we all can be fair with each other to grow.

Which of the president is it Biafra or Nigeria..
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Princewell2012(m): 9:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
ViykeNairaland:
..I give it to Oduduwa Nation...they have shown true dexterity...and suffistication in the Nigerian politics! To all my ofenmanu friends! I hail o!

Seconded. Igbo's are not united like the Yoruba's. We can easily be bought and manipulated because of money. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by yommen: 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
Treasure17:
This Amotekun of a thing might lead to chaos if not handle properly.

The protests are peaceful protests. The people are not fighting against themselves na. Go sleep abeg.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by AnanseK(m): 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
AMOTEKUN & THE STAND OF EDUCATED ILLITERATES -copied

Apparently we attend school for certificates in the south, not for knowledge. I am so disappointed in the ongoing Amotekun debate. There is no basis for it occupying our national discuss. No basis.

We operate a "constitutional democracy".
If you are confused, simply go back to the grundnum - The 1999 Constitution. There are three tiers of government established and recognised by that book. Federal, state and local government. Each saddled with its responsibilities. The crux of that responsibilities being the welfare of citizens.

No law passed by any of these tiers is illegal as long as it conform with the spirit and letters of the constitution.

The problem with this Amotekun contraption is that no government has a law on it. None.
Secondly the body setting it up is not a government and certainly is not recognised in the constitution We don't have a regional government in Nigeria.

My chagrin is that there is hardly a family in the south without a college or university graduate.
Yet we failed when it mattered most.
The "highly illiterate northerners" read and understood the constitution.

Though the north are predominantly Muslim with sharia laws entrenched in the constitution, they practice same with the dictate of the constitution. Every state maintain its borders and limits. No Kano Hisbah can arrest an accuse in say Zaria or Dutse.
And vise versa.

On the Amotekun, if it was not lead by power mongers like Gani Adams, you expect each state to pass the enabling laws. Set up their commands and stay within their boundaries. But, no.They want to set up an outfit to gift unconstitutional powers to their new Aare onakankanfo.

This can NEVER happen. It will never work. Set up your neighborhood watches. Do whatever you want. But a regional armed force is a complete NO. We won't go this way again.
Use your learning well for once. Stop embarrassing us.

-JOHNSON ANDREW'S OPINION
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Larryndelaw: 9:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Good

Even though some people are not ready to move this credible information to front page!
Let us just divide the country

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by omo1478(m): 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
I remember the day that ex-gov Fayose "Oshoko" mobiles his people. (mostly hunters) , to protect themselves in the state. That he as a governor can call wait for the federal government to come protect the people of ekiti state. People here in this nairaland were posting and typing their evil nature. Fayose has seen it all. It is a welcome development from the OMUALABI people. I am in support of you all.

3 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by GGirll: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
JosephXavier:
Let the masses make their voice heard
Let the federal government hear this and know that the world is watching
The strangle hold of the Fulani's are weakening slowly and the inhuman treatment of Nigerians has not gone unnoticed while the cry of those who have lost their lives to herders are crying to heaven for vengeance

The world have been watching from ages past n has done nothing to ameliorate the lives of the oppressed n stop the d oppressors. I will just advise Nigerians to pls brace up n help themselves n try n defend yourselves n stay woke n alive....nobody really cares in this world n globally many countries are in crisis too.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by ludd2018: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
eedimo:
UNITY says it all.
Unlike the OTHER ZONE were their self acclaimed leader says it's A and their political leaders say it's B and yet they want independence.

Just watch how they would start displaying their frustrating at me.

We are not petty like yorubas . We Igbos 95% supports Amotekun . We know if Igbos had floated such security outfit, entire yorubas would have condemned it as usual .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bandits Kidnapped Sheikh Gumi's Brother & He Paid A Ransom / Fashola At Nnamdi Azikiwe's Burial Site In Onitsha (Photos) / Moment Fight Broke At APC Ogun Rally, One Brutally Stabbed (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.