Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,714 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (36596 Views)

2 Reps Members: Goodhead, Awaji Lead Solidarity Walk For Fubara / ‘Forum Of Bishops’ Holds Solidarity Rally For Pantami (Photo) / Amotekun: ‘Lunatics’ Join Solidarity Rally In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Sanchez01: 6:59pm On Jan 21, 2020
A cleric and key members of hunters as well as members of Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), among other stakeholders were part of the solidarity rally held in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital on Tuesday in support of ‘Amotekun’

Also in the rally were members of the National Association of Nigerian Students(NANS), Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Yoruba Koya, Man ‘O War, Oodua Union, Ekiti Council of Elders, Agbekoya Movement and other members of the society.

Tribune Online observed that men of the state police command, operatives of the Department of State Services provided heavy cover for the thousands of protesters, who walked from the popular Fajuyi park through Okesa junction, Ojumose to the popular Erekesan market and Ijigbo area of Ado Ekiti capital city.

It was a general consensus among the stakeholders that the Amotekun initiative has berthed permanently in the south-west region and that it was not formed to fight Fulani herdsmen, except the unruly and destructive ones.

Speaking at the rally, a cleric and coordinator of the peaceful protest, Pastor Praise Ayodele said: “Amotekun has come to stay in south-west Nigeria. We are not fighting anybody. The security of our people is very important. We are to do this to support our governors that we are happy with Amotekun.

“It is sad that our people were being killed and kidnapped and many of this carnage were without arrests. We are daily living in fear of being killed and these and many more are the reasons for the formation of Amotekun.

“On the proscription of Amotekun by the Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, we are of the opinion that the Minister only expressed himself as a private citizen who is entitled to his own opinion. We charged our governors to remain focused, we advise our leaders to desist from politicising Amotekun and that our security should be of priority.”

Also, the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Kayode Fayemi on Internal Security and former Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Honourable Dele Olugbemi said: “The Amotekun is for easy identification of all visitors to Ekiti and south-west. It is sad that Malami made pronouncement over an issue he knew nothing about. He spoke as if he didn’t know the level of insecurity in this zone.

“Some of these evildoers besieged even our towns killed the people and destroyed everything on the farm. Amotekun will work in their localities and it is not about fighting anybody.”

Making his contributions, the Coordinator of Oodua Union, Hon Femi Robinson, said the security architecture in the country has collapsed and that local security becomes imperative, saying “If Amotekun disarms armed robbers, are they not helping the police?” he asked.

The leaders of Agbekoya and Vigilante Group of Nigeria, Chief Sunday Omoyajowo and Mrs Suwebat Aliu respectively, said Yoruba maintained a united front about Amotekun and that nothing would change this stand, adding that “Amotekun won’t render the police useless, because security is a function of everybody, so we appreciate our governors for this initiative.”

The leader of the delegation of Ekiti Council of Elders, Chief Niyi Ajubulu, regretted that people can no longer move around as a result of increased insecurity in the region.

“We have to be vigilant in this zone. Amotekun has landed and we must cooperate with them. Whoever that is averse to the formation of this outfit is satanic,” Ajubulu said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/amotekun-cleric-hunters-opc-others-lead-solidarity-rally-in-ekiti/amp/

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Sanchez01: 7:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun records success in Ekiti and Ibadan. The presence and creation of Amotekun have greatly destabilize the plans of fulanization so much that one Fulani hersdman at a time show up on Channels to either wail like a baby robbed of his candy or condemn Amotekun.

CSTR2, come see how the DSS provided heavy cover for Amotekun protesters. And the likes of you compared Amotekun to IPOB? I laugh in tongues.

177 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by MexManuel(m): 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
A welcome development. Amotekun is here to stay.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Iamgrey5(m): 7:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good

Even though some people are not ready to move this credible information to front page!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by meolaniyi(m): 7:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
The Fulanis can not use politics to divide us. We are Yorubas before politics of APC or PDP
this is for the interest of the Yorubas and the South. I know very well that Igbos will never go against us.
most of the comments abusing Yorubas here using Igbo monikers are well known.

The average Igbo man will be happy that this security outfit stays.
the days of division in the south is gone that is why the Fulanis are jittery

We should all understand that the strength of the Fulanis is the division in the south.
I used the world Fulanis because majority of the northerners are under their bondage
most of them in the north are looking up to the south to rescue them.

I am a Muslim and I believe in Allah the most merciful and his prophet. The radical Islam of Fulanis cannot find its way into Yoruba land

207 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CSTR2: 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:
Amotekun records success in Ekiti and Ibadan. The presence and creation of Amotekun have greatly destabilize the plans of fulanization so much that one Fulani hersdman at a time show up on Channels to either wail like a baby robbed of his candy or condemn Amotekun.

CSTR2, come see how the DSS provided heavy cover for Amotekun protesters. And the likes of you compared Amotekun to IPOB? I laugh in tongues.
I have no business with ipob.
You are still protesting? How is that different from the biafra day seminar held in igboland with dignitaries from all over Nigeria.

Buhari said amotekun is illegal.
You can protest from now till tomorrow, it won't function legally.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by 9jahotblog: 7:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun has come to stay in Yoruba land.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Sanchez01: 7:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

You are still protesting? How is that different from the biafra day seminar held in igboland with dignitaries from all over Nigeria.

Pray tell, what was the purpose of the Biafra 'Never Again' seminar? Lol. You think people don't follow these things?

Buhari said Amotekun is illegal but Hisbah and Fulani Herdsmen are not despite being ranked as the fourth most deadliest militia in the world. Buhari has always been stupiid and this is but an open secret.

What else?

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CSTR2: 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Sanchez01:

Pray tell, what was the purpose of the Biafra 'Never Again' seminar? Lol. You think people don't follow these things?

Buhari said Amotekun is illegal but Hisbah and Fulani Herdsmen are not despite being ranked as the fourth most deadliest militia in the world. Buhari has always been stupiid and this is but an open secret.

What else?
Buhari has always been stupid.?
Who would have thought?
I thought igbos just hate him for nothing.

If una do anyhow, una go see anyhow.

Overnight activists.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Tranquillity360: 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun has come to stay on nairalandgrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by phemy36(m): 7:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thumb up for my people in Ekiti

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Treasure17(m): 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
This Amotekun of a thing might lead to chaos if not handle properly.

7 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 21, 2020
Buhari wants to use his migrant Fulani jihadist kinsmen to hijack all parts of Nigeria from the indigenous people.
The Fulani jihadist herdsmen are being supported by this Buhari's regime.

Imagine migrant Fulani jihadist herdsmen killed more Nigerians than Boko Haram in 2016.

Miyetti_Allah have overtaken Boko Haram in killings but still come to media TV to speak and even give more threats.

Buhari and his Miyetti_Allah kinsmen were not expecting the South West to come up with security to protect their land that's why Buhari has been making policies that would enable Fulani jihadist from all over West Africa to come to Nigeria to kidnap and make money from poor Nigerians, destroy their source of living and conquer them(Nigerians)
They want to keep all Nigerians in the condition they kept the Hausa people.

Other regions will come up with their own security system.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by SultanOfPuna: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Forget U.S.A and IRANU Matter
WW3 Na Amotekun vs Fulani Herdsmen.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Mo ki gbogbo yin deede ni ilu ekiti, iyookun o

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by CotenantNIG: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
Very nice

Do you need a shared apartment or someone to split rent with join Co-Tenant community
https://cotenant.ng/post-a-request/
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by theenchanter: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

this is not a protest... know d diff between protest n solidarity walk.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by TemmyT002(m): 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
Why didn't they tell me na? I would have loved to join.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Godpikin4real(f): 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
A welkom development.
Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by LZAA: 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
CSTR2:

Buhari has always been stupid.?
Who would have thought?
I thought igbos just hate him for nothing.

If una do anyhow, una go see anyhow.

Overnight activists.
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues ebenezar2020

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by eedimo(m): 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
UNITY says it all.
Unlike the OTHER ZONE were their self acclaimed leader says it's A and their political leaders say it's B and yet they want independence.

Just watch how they would start displaying their frustrating at me.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Perfecttouchade: 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
phemy36:
Thumb up for my people in Ekiti
okun o a we

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by AyakaDunukofia: 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
Good. Without the people, there is no government. They are the sovereign. Amotekun is what they want and they should have it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by GOFRONT(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
Where are those jittery Northern elites??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by JosephXavier: 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
Let the masses make their voice heard
Let the federal government hear this and know that the world is watching
The strangle hold of the Fulani's are weakening slowly and the inhuman treatment of Nigerians has not gone unnoticed while the cry of those who have lost their lives to herders are crying to heaven for vengeance

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun remains illegal

I'm fully with Buhari on these .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Lamasta(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun is here to stay no going back

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Ykc2(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
Na wa ooh hausa fulani people go hate Nnamdi kanu for this yoruba Ronu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by Remijuice: 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2020
Make Buhari reason una matter first

That time una go be like 'Baba wetin we do na, we no be IPOB o

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Cleric, Hunters, OPC, Others Lead Solidarity Rally In Ekiti by magicminister: 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2020
The reason I don’t support Amotekun

Anyone that grew up in the ghettos of Lagos will remember that OPC reigned supreme during the 90’s - early 00s and also butchered people indiscriminately on the flimsiest of accusation.

I vividly remember the charred bodies of young men that lined up our streets almost every day and would remain there for weeks until it either goes back to the earth or is picked up by the relevant agencies.

I remember the OPC traffic stops where they’d have people disembark from the danfo and proceed to separate non-yorubas. Some get accused of being “armed robbers” which is an instant death sentence.

I remember the murder of my friend. He was a humble barber and street kid just like me. I came back from my car wash hussle to learn he was murdered by OPC after his landlord accused him of being an armed robber.
He dragged out of his house in the mid day, beaten to stupor and then set ablaze. His properties were looted and the remnants discarded.

I remember these things vividly.
While Amotekun is a good idea, what are the checks and balances to ensure they do not devolve into the immoral and wicked acts of the state sponsored OPC in the 90s.

I know I’ll get insulted for this but this is my true life story in the ghettos of Lagos. Amotekun is a NO for me unless there are sufficient checks and balances.

Who do we report to if there happens to be abuse of authority?

What are the checks and balances to ensure erring members are severely punished?

What trainings do the undergo to be able to deal with people professional and discharge their duties adequately?

Until there is a solid guideline on Amotekun, this is an effort that will lead to further abuse and oppression of the Nigerian people.

/————
[b]I have been insulted by countless people. To those that have kept it civil, Thank you for being respectful. A lot of people have insulted me. I am not against Amotekun but I am against the absence of publicized guidelines and how they are allowed to interact with citizens and the rights of citizens. I am against the absence of ethical hotline to report misdeeds. I am against the absence of overall checks to ensure their authority is not abused. In the absence of checks, abuse is inevitable. Amotekun is a laudable project showing that the south is in thinking in the right direction but I also grew up in the ghetto and saw how OPC operated without recourse to the laws of the land. I saw how they butchered and lynched people. Then, if you had a problem with an OPC guy, you’re as good as dead. Personally, I lost a friend during that period. He was less than 20 and a barber. I have seen how these things can break down into further oppression of you and I. My support for Amotekun is conditional[/b].

34 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OBJ Prefers PMB To Jail Him Than For GEJ To Ruin Nigeria - My Watch / Man Climb Palm Tree To Paste Peter Obi's Poster In His Community (Pictures) / Why We Sacked 35 Senior Customs Officers- CG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.